Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goal of the Decade 17:37 - Dec 27 with 2203 viewsPinnerPaul

Now on offy.

In terms of the joy of the day and what it meant its Bobby
For pure outrageous skill its Adel
For the come back and who we were playing and the player who scored its Jamie

and finally despite who it is - its a great strike from 'Matty'

All things considered and because its many people's best moment supporting the Rs - ever - never mind just this decade, has to be Bobby doesn't it?
Goal of the Decade on 17:52 - Dec 27 with 2168 viewsLblock

I find it odd that there's so few choices for the goal of the decade and amazed that none of Charlie Austin's collection made the cut

Out of those I concur it's Zamooooorrrrahhhhh because of everything else around it

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Goal of the Decade on 17:52 - Dec 27 with 2167 viewsEsox_Lucius

Got to be Adel's, absolutely outrageous goal. Zamora away to WBA should have been in there, a much better goal than his PO final one and a better goal than Mackies.

The grass is always greener.

Goal of the Decade on 18:03 - Dec 27 with 2143 viewsBrianMcCarthy

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/features/vote-for-your-qprgoal-of-the-decade/

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Goal of the Decade on 18:09 - Dec 27 with 2125 viewsBrianMcCarthy

This is about the best goal, not the most important one.

So it's Taarabt's.

Goal of the Decade on 19:06 - Dec 27 with 2066 viewsdistortR

Goal of the Decade on 18:09 - Dec 27 by BrianMcCarthy

This is about the best goal, not the most important one.

So it's Taarabt's.

is it though? just says 'goal of the decade', which leaves it open to interpretation surely?

edit - so it's bobby zamora for me.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2019 19:09]
Goal of the Decade on 19:12 - Dec 27 with 2056 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Goal of the Decade on 19:06 - Dec 27 by distortR

is it though? just says 'goal of the decade', which leaves it open to interpretation surely?

edit - so it's bobby zamora for me.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2019 19:09]

Aaaah... whisht, man!

Goal of the Decade on 19:18 - Dec 27 with 2041 viewsEsox_Lucius

I am guessing that a lot will boil down to whether you were one of the 40k+ QPR fans there or one of the regular 12k that go to all the games. The PO goal was a brilliant, shocking goal to win the game but it wasn't even Zamora's best goal in the hoops.

Goal of the Decade on 19:18 - Dec 27 with 2041 viewsdistortR

Goal of the Decade on 19:12 - Dec 27 by BrianMcCarthy

Aaaah... whisht, man!

(I don't even know what that means!)

edit - googled it - how very dare you tell me to shut up! I mean, it doesn't say 'most aesthetically pleasing goal of the decade', does it?
[Post edited 27 Dec 2019 19:27]
Login to get fewer ads

Goal of the Decade on 19:24 - Dec 27 with 2029 viewsPunteR

Out of the ones they've shown Zamora's was the best. Its even technically good.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Goal of the Decade on 19:26 - Dec 27 with 2023 viewsdaveB

Adel should win it by miles but like poty award he won't
Goal of the Decade on 19:41 - Dec 27 with 1990 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Goal of the Decade on 19:18 - Dec 27 by distortR

(I don't even know what that means!)

edit - googled it - how very dare you tell me to shut up! I mean, it doesn't say 'most aesthetically pleasing goal of the decade', does it?
[Post edited 27 Dec 2019 19:27]

Fair point.

Here's a song for you.

Goal of the Decade on 19:57 - Dec 27 with 1967 viewskensalriser

Taarabt all decade long.

Zamora's was a brilliant moment obviously, but what came after forever tainted it for me.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Goal of the Decade on 20:19 - Dec 27 with 1945 views2Thomas2Bowles

Where is Remy's goal v Wigan

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Goal of the Decade on 21:16 - Dec 27 with 1875 viewsGroveR

"Would I pay for my season ticket again to see it?"

Phillips goal was technically brilliant, a moment of pure class in an absolute fùckries of a performance. I could get along with SWP còckarseing along in the reserves on £60k a week or whatever as we offered him a ridiculous contract on ridiculous wedge but for Ramsey to throw him a lifeline and him to subsequently throw Furlong under a Zaha-shaped bus was absolutely scandalous.

Taarabt's goal was technically better but let's be honest, he was doing that week in, week out. I have it on good authority what Curle said to Warnock behind his hand was "how does that cùnt do that?"

I got the hump at the liverpool game and walked out at half time so never saw Mackie's winner. Heard it from Acton though, kicking myself for not believing.

Zamora's goal was also technically superb - anticpating Hoillett battling for the ball (rare), Keogh making a rick (less so), body shape perfect, dispatched with nothing but pure certainty it was going in. I ended up 6 rows down in the celebrations. Yeah, I'd pay for that moment again.
Goal of the Decade on 21:58 - Dec 27 with 1830 viewsWestonsuperR

Goal of the Decade on 21:16 - Dec 27 by GroveR

"Would I pay for my season ticket again to see it?"

Phillips goal was technically brilliant, a moment of pure class in an absolute fùckries of a performance. I could get along with SWP còckarseing along in the reserves on £60k a week or whatever as we offered him a ridiculous contract on ridiculous wedge but for Ramsey to throw him a lifeline and him to subsequently throw Furlong under a Zaha-shaped bus was absolutely scandalous.

Taarabt's goal was technically better but let's be honest, he was doing that week in, week out. I have it on good authority what Curle said to Warnock behind his hand was "how does that cùnt do that?"

I got the hump at the liverpool game and walked out at half time so never saw Mackie's winner. Heard it from Acton though, kicking myself for not believing.

Zamora's goal was also technically superb - anticpating Hoillett battling for the ball (rare), Keogh making a rick (less so), body shape perfect, dispatched with nothing but pure certainty it was going in. I ended up 6 rows down in the celebrations. Yeah, I'd pay for that moment again.

Found this competition really annoying, goal of the decade should either be the most important or the best in terms of skill it can’t be a combination of both, how can you compare Zamora’s one kick but vital to Adel’s outrageous skill vs Swansea?
[Post edited 27 Dec 2019 22:02]
Goal of the Decade on 22:09 - Dec 27 with 1808 viewsGroveR

Goal of the Decade on 21:58 - Dec 27 by WestonsuperR

Found this competition really annoying, goal of the decade should either be the most important or the best in terms of skill it can’t be a combination of both, how can you compare Zamora’s one kick but vital to Adel’s outrageous skill vs Swansea?
[Post edited 27 Dec 2019 22:02]

Which one would you pay for your season ticket again to see?
Goal of the Decade on 22:32 - Dec 27 with 1776 viewsHAYESBOY

Matty Phillips goal is the best out of those.
He is only just passed the centre circle when he hits it. Over 40 yards out and the keeper doesn't even get a touch on it.

Agree Remy's goal v Wigan should be on there.

Favourite? Obviously Zamora's goal. What a day that was.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Goal of the Decade on 22:40 - Dec 27 with 1750 viewsEsox_Lucius

Goal of the Decade on 22:09 - Dec 27 by GroveR

Which one would you pay for your season ticket again to see?

Taarabt all day long.

Goal of the Decade on 08:24 - Dec 28 with 1600 views1MoreBrightonR

Baffled on remy being left out too. Technically, thats one of the best goals I've seen. I'm still not quite sure how he hit it like that from that angle, and I'm still annoyed we ballsed up that game.

Of those listed, zamora for me, and I do go week in week out. Was the best moment of my life to date.
Goal of the Decade on 09:42 - Dec 28 with 1546 viewsloftboy

Can only vote on a social media site, I have none, so if someone with more than one site wants to vote for Adel v Swansea for me I would be most grateful.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Goal of the Decade on 12:45 - Dec 28 with 1467 viewskensalriser

Goal of the Decade on 09:42 - Dec 28 by loftboy

Can only vote on a social media site, I have none, so if someone with more than one site wants to vote for Adel v Swansea for me I would be most grateful.

You just need a login for the official site to vote there, easily done.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Goal of the Decade on 14:12 - Dec 28 with 1426 viewsHantsR

Goal of the Decade on 20:19 - Dec 27 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Where is Remy's goal v Wigan

...and to think it was when we were down to 10 men in the 85th minute

Mbia, provider of the assist for this goal was then culpable for the foul that gave Wigan that heart-breaking last minute equaliser

Goal of the Decade on 14:19 - Dec 28 with 1412 viewsslmrstid

Out of the 4 options I've gone for Zamora for *that* moment and I'd love to experience it again over and over (although Mackie's winner was pretty close for pure LR bonkers-ness)

In regards to Adel though, shoot me now, but in some respects I find that goal a bit over-rated. He scored better that season for me - the one away to Cardiff to make it 1-1 just minutes after Bothroyd had put them 1-0 up.

We have a corner, the corner comes straight back at him. He looks up to cross it again, clearly thinks "nah, fk that" then just bangs it straight into the top corner from the width-edge of the box where it flies past absolutely everyone and the keeper is nowhere near it! Annoyingly I can't find a good video of it on Youtube though...

(As an aside, for all the people who said Taarabt wasn't a big game player, he definitely was, that day he virtually got us that draw on his own!)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024