Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Its the hope that kills 16:59 - Mar 7 with 12185 viewsswisscottage

6 points off the playoffs
Its the hope that kills on 17:00 - Mar 7 with 5493 viewsPinnerPaul

I know - we were 'enjoying' our annual mid table stroll as well!
Its the hope that kills on 17:05 - Mar 7 with 5437 viewscolinallcars

Sod the virus, we're doing fine !
Its the hope that kills on 17:07 - Mar 7 with 5397 viewswelwynranger

Next 2 games against teams in the bottom 3
Its the hope that kills on 17:10 - Mar 7 with 5372 viewsted_hendrix

50 points in the bank at the end of the first week of March, not often you can say that, I'm hoping we go on one hell of a run now which will probably kill me.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Its the hope that kills on 17:18 - Mar 7 with 5286 viewsterryb

Its the hope that kills on 17:07 - Mar 7 by welwynranger

Next 2 games against teams in the bottom 3

There the type of game that I fear!
Its the hope that kills on 17:23 - Mar 7 with 5229 views2Thomas2Bowles

Today is a good day result wise BUT

I can't pretend that it could and should have been an even better season had we not chucked to many goals and points away with some bad player mistakes and by the manager.

Frustrating season for me.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Its the hope that kills on 17:30 - Mar 7 with 5133 views100percent

Its the hope that kills on 17:23 - Mar 7 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I can't pretend that it could and should have been an even better season had we not chucked to many goals and points away with some bad player mistakes and by the manager.

wow.......
Its the hope that kills on 17:30 - Mar 7 with 5131 viewsBrianMcCarthy

No season is perfect. You could say that about every season, to be fair.

Considering what we're battling as a club I think we've far exceeded expectations on and off the pitch this season and I'll have no regrets no matter how the rest of it goes.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Its the hope that kills on 17:31 - Mar 7 with 5115 viewsbosh67

Seems to me that we're starting to cure the issue. Barbet has been reborn since his return. I'd disagree about the season. This is the toughest season we've faced given the results of FFP and a very very tight budget. Third lowest in this division remember. We're 12th. We score loads of goals. We have some fantastic young players with others on the way through. We have a manager who has a playing style that is very much QPR! Finally!

We were odds on to go down this season. We've been tremendous for most of it. Highly entertaining with a cheap team but with players that actually are proud to put on the shirt.

I think it's been a great season given what we have been up against. Hats off to the staff and the players.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Its the hope that kills on 17:32 - Mar 7 with 5111 viewsdanehoop

I’d suggest that you possibly had some unreasonable expectations then. We have far exceeded our potential this year, given we lost our top scorer in January as well I am thrilled how well we are doing and with the approach of both manager and players. Even when things have gone against us the team have pretty much tried had all season and for the vast majority of games have always looked competitive. Warburton’s man management has been as good as anything given very young and on paper very average squad. Won’t work every week and like Liverpool, we will have off days. Overall though it’s been a bloody good season where we are over achieving.

Never knowingly understood

Its the hope that kills on 17:34 - Mar 7 with 5082 viewsMedwayR

Although the run-in looks decent a lot of the clubs we'll play will be fighting for their lives and will therefore be far from easy. I think we'll come up short and look back with regret at the Christmas period when we dropped 6pts.

Poll: Who’s better?

Its the hope that kills on 17:37 - Mar 7 with 5041 viewsloftus77

Well, all I can say this evening is that if we were 6 points above the bottom three, I would (probably) be one of the first on here to start 'losing my sht', as Clive and others so eloquently put it.

Accordingly, tonight, with a beer, it has to be time to start dreaming. Why not?

Remarkable Rangers, just remarkable. And a big shout-out to our fans who made the journey. Its a long way - and its been a long time...
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 17:38]
Its the hope that kills on 17:38 - Mar 7 with 5019 viewsEsox_Lucius

Its the hope that kills on 17:34 - Mar 7 by MedwayR

Although the run-in looks decent a lot of the clubs we'll play will be fighting for their lives and will therefore be far from easy. I think we'll come up short and look back with regret at the Christmas period when we dropped 6pts.

regrets from me, I haven't enjoyed a season this much for a very, very long time. It has far exceeded my expectations of what I thought I would have been watching after the wholesale changes last Summer. A big thank you and well done to everyone involved in the club this season, fans too.

The grass is always greener.

Its the hope that kills on 17:40 - Mar 7 with 4995 viewsessextaxiboy

Its the hope that kills on 17:37 - Mar 7 by loftus77

Well, all I can say this evening is that if we were 6 points above the bottom three, I would (probably) be one of the first on here to start 'losing my sht', as Clive and others so eloquently put it.

Accordingly, tonight, with a beer, it has to be time to start dreaming. Why not?

Remarkable Rangers, just remarkable. And a big shout-out to our fans who made the journey. Its a long way - and its been a long time...
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 17:38]

Exactly, why not do a bit of dreaming and have some fun with it .. Its not as if we cant deal with disappointment ..
Its the hope that kills on 17:46 - Mar 7 with 4938 views2Thomas2Bowles

Its the hope that kills on 17:30 - Mar 7 by BrianMcCarthy

No season is perfect. You could say that about every season, to be fair.

Considering what we're battling as a club I think we've far exceeded expectations on and off the pitch this season and I'll have no regrets no matter how the rest of it goes.

All true and I've defended the club season on season with regard to the finances affecting the team's ability to do better, but again I feel this season will go down as a missed opportunity in what is a weaker league and when we lose 2 or 3 of our better players for next season and can't build on this season.

Its the hope that kills on 17:48 - Mar 7 with 4901 viewsPinnerPaul

Its the hope that kills on 17:46 - Mar 7 by 2Thomas2Bowles

All true and I've defended the club season on season with regard to the finances affecting the team's ability to do better, but again I feel this season will go down as a missed opportunity in what is a weaker league and when we lose 2 or 3 of our better players for next season and can't build on this season.

We won't lose them if we go up!
Its the hope that kills on 17:53 - Mar 7 with 4822 viewsjohncharles

Its the hope that kills on 17:40 - Mar 7 by essextaxiboy

Exactly, why not do a bit of dreaming and have some fun with it .. Its not as if we cant deal with disappointment ..

To be there or there about with the playoffs will be a huge success.

Strong and stable my arse.

Its the hope that kills on 17:58 - Mar 7 with 4775 viewsBrianMcCarthy

How would it be a missed opportunity, though, when we were odds-on for relegation?

Man, you'd depress a Nation.

Its the hope that kills on 17:58 - Mar 7 with 4773 viewsthairanger

Its the hope that kills on 17:53 - Mar 7 by johncharles

To be there or there about with the playoffs will be a huge success.

Hate to say it but I hold a lot of mistakes earlier in the season that cost us the points not blaming but it can't be ignored.
Well done this season on a whole there's hope if we can retain or and invest well
Its the hope that kills on 17:59 - Mar 7 with 4762 views2Thomas2Bowles

Its the hope that kills on 17:48 - Mar 7 by PinnerPaul

We won't lose them if we go up!

Around we go......that could have been a real possibility if we did not give away so many goals and points.

So the chances are, they will be gone and we will be worse off and that's my frustration.

Its the hope that kills on 18:01 - Mar 7 with 4745 viewsAntti_Heinola

Its the hope that kills on 17:59 - Mar 7 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Around we go......that could have been a real possibility if we did not give away so many goals and points.

So the chances are, they will be gone and we will be worse off and that's my frustration.

we essentially signed a new squad at the beginning of the season 'a real possibility' is over-stating it - people thought we'd get relegated. Yes we've conceded a lot of poor goals - equally, that's the consequence, a lot of the time, of our style.
We're where we deserve to be - if you want to think we somehow should have made the play-offs to make yourself feel disappointed, that's fine. The truth is, it's a bit of a miracle we're this high.

Bare bones.

Its the hope that kills on 18:02 - Mar 7 with 4734 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Its the hope that kills on 18:01 - Mar 7 by Antti_Heinola

we essentially signed a new squad at the beginning of the season 'a real possibility' is over-stating it - people thought we'd get relegated. Yes we've conceded a lot of poor goals - equally, that's the consequence, a lot of the time, of our style.
We're where we deserve to be - if you want to think we somehow should have made the play-offs to make yourself feel disappointed, that's fine. The truth is, it's a bit of a miracle we're this high.

Very well put.

Its the hope that kills on 18:04 - Mar 7 with 4709 viewstimcocking

And twenty less than we deserve...
Its the hope that kills on 18:04 - Mar 7 with 4709 viewsbosh67

Says who? Yes Eze will be a big loss if he goes. BOS may go. Manning may go. It will be hard but we have some really good players coming through (if you watch the U23s) and a playing style. Every season is going to be tough but this season the players have on the whole really played to win. Way above expectations. It's not as poor a league as you think. Teams at the bottom are not that terrible. Teams at the top, bar the top 4 are not that great. We are nowhere near a top 6 challenging team but given proper time and the recruitment system we are trying to employ then I have real hopes that we will evolve season on season, even if we do lose some top players. I've been watching Shodipo in the U23s. He's a late bloomer but my god he looks like a player now. Very excited to see what he can do next season.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 18:06]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Its the hope that kills on 18:06 - Mar 7 with 4690 viewsDejR_vu

Momentum. We’re about to time our run perfectly.

We’re going to play Brentford in the final.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 18:09]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024