Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seasonal Permits 17:44 - Sep 3 with 1142 viewsmfb_cufc

Seasonal permits go on sale Monday. It is all explained in Robbie Cowlings latest statement.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2020/september/robbie-on-2021-tickets/

mfb

Seasonal Permits on 18:46 - Sep 3 with 1124 viewsdurham_exile

I have read the latest missive, interesting news.

Cambridge United are going to allow 2,500 supporters into the Abbey Stadium for their home game on 12 September.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Seasonal Permits on 18:58 - Sep 3 with 1122 viewswessex_exile

Seasonal Permits on 18:46 - Sep 3 by durham_exile

I have read the latest missive, interesting news.

Cambridge United are going to allow 2,500 supporters into the Abbey Stadium for their home game on 12 September.

Up the U's

How come? Surely they're not allowed to?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Seasonal Permits on 19:01 - Sep 3 with 1118 viewswessex_exile

Seasonal Permits on 18:58 - Sep 3 by wessex_exile

How come? Surely they're not allowed to?

Answered my own question - it's a test event on behalf of the EFL and the Sports Grounds Safety Authority.

https://www.cambridge-united.co.uk/news/2020/september/test-event-release/

Up the U's

Seasonal Permits on 06:20 - Sep 4 with 1069 viewsnoah4x4

Will be interesting to see the impact on the "atmosphere" if Two Thirds of the noisy element of the South Stand get scattered around the other stands. Can we get the West Stand singing? Will the stadium look fuller if we are not all packed into limited areas? Will we sell more "seasonal passes" than normal STs because more people will want to be certain of a seat and now can't just arrive ad hoc? I see a lot of potential positives from this.

But must we buy I-Follow seperately for away games?

What are we going to do on away day Saturday's? Might the club stream these games on the big (outdoor) screen? What about the Town's pubs offering the Stream? Professional cricket has massively stepped up a gear with multi-camera streaming. Even Colchester & East Essex CC stream games on its Play cricket site. Soccer has a new opportunity if live broadcasts are permitted at 15:00.
Seasonal Permits on 18:55 - Sep 4 with 1024 viewsGOSBTS

I really do enjoy and appreciate Robbie's updates and this one was extremely informative and uplifting. I'm not sure whether I'll plan to attend any matches this season with my wife being pregnant and Covid still being present, but the safety measures seem very robust so I'll wait and see. At the least I'd certainly be willing to pay £10 to watch U's matches on iFollow.

I agree with Noah - there could be some long-lasting positives coming from these enforced changes, re: the atmosphere. Also being able to drink alcohol in your seats will certainly be welcomed by many fans I'm sure!
[Post edited 4 Sep 2020 22:15]
Seasonal Permits on 19:22 - Sep 4 with 1022 viewswessex_exile

Seasonal Permits on 06:20 - Sep 4 by noah4x4

Will be interesting to see the impact on the "atmosphere" if Two Thirds of the noisy element of the South Stand get scattered around the other stands. Can we get the West Stand singing? Will the stadium look fuller if we are not all packed into limited areas? Will we sell more "seasonal passes" than normal STs because more people will want to be certain of a seat and now can't just arrive ad hoc? I see a lot of potential positives from this.

But must we buy I-Follow seperately for away games?

What are we going to do on away day Saturday's? Might the club stream these games on the big (outdoor) screen? What about the Town's pubs offering the Stream? Professional cricket has massively stepped up a gear with multi-camera streaming. Even Colchester & East Essex CC stream games on its Play cricket site. Soccer has a new opportunity if live broadcasts are permitted at 15:00.

Rather depends who gets the revenue from iFollow streaming - does it go to the club you buy it from, or the club hosting the stream? I assume that the revenue for iFollow streams goes to the home club - I might be wrong though? If it does, I don't think the club can offer away game streams to ST holders, certainly not for league games, without financially recompensing the clubs we're playing. Anyway, the whole football family is suffering during the crisis, so just as we'll hopefully benefit from away fans dialling in to matches at the Jobserve, so they will when we buy streams for games at their grounds.

Imagine the potential revenue though if we managed to get through to the FA Cup 3rd round at home to a decent mid-range PL side - not 2,000 of their supporters squeezed into our ground, but likely tens of thousands all paying £10 each to watch the stream.

Up the U's

Seasonal Permits on 18:02 - Sep 9 with 935 viewsbwildered

Does the latest COVID news mean all bubbles now restricted to six only ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Seasonal Permits on 19:54 - Sep 9 with 922 viewsGOSBTS

Seasonal Permits on 18:02 - Sep 9 by bwildered

Does the latest COVID news mean all bubbles now restricted to six only ?

I'd be doubtful live audiences go ahead at all in October in light of the new guidelines.
Login to get fewer ads

Seasonal Permits on 20:21 - Sep 9 with 917 viewsmfb_cufc

There was a pilot with a crowd at Doncaster races today. There was supposed be a crowd for the next three days as well, but that has now been cancelled. Government said today that crowds at football in October is now under review. Can't see how it can happen under the present rules..

mfb

Seasonal Permits on 23:27 - Sep 9 with 895 viewsnoah4x4

I have bought a seasonal pass + 1 extra for my best Col U buddy.
His wife has now joined my “bubble”.
Was told I could include up to 10 in my bubble, but that will now be limited to 6.
In reality, I will limit this to merely the 4 that I trust.
But frankly, I now don’t envisage attending a live match until 2021.

For months I restricted my associates to a two family bubble, each of two persons. More recently, that became 5. But last weekend, I walked away from an outdoor event where around 30 persons aged 17 - 40 started with very good well managed social distancing , but after two beers it fast deteriorated into an unacceptable too close knit melee. Given I am in a tight ‘bubble’ for professional cricket, I had zero option except to leave. Sadly, I think the very kids that moan most about lack of employment and other opportunities are those killing the prospects of a prompt return of spectator sport and any return to normality. But will they listen? No!
Seasonal Permits on 08:11 - Sep 10 with 880 viewsbwildered

The trail relating to Cambridge United has now been reassessed due to the new rules .The attendance has now been readjusted by the local authority to now 1, 000 only.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Seasonal Permits on 19:58 - Sep 10 with 841 viewsLeadbelly

Seasonal Permits on 08:11 - Sep 10 by bwildered

The trail relating to Cambridge United has now been reassessed due to the new rules .The attendance has now been readjusted by the local authority to now 1, 000 only.

Cambridge v Carlisle will now be behind closed doors. Attending games in October looking more unlikely by the day.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024