Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans allowed back in 15:05 - Nov 23 with 501 viewsmfb_cufc

A maximum of 4,000 fans are to be allowed at outdoor events in the lowest-risk areas when the national lockdown in England ends on 2 December, BBC Sport understands.

The 4,000 will apply to those in Tier 1. For those in Tier 2 the maximum will be 2,000.
There will be no fans allowed for the ones in the high risk areas in Tier 3.

Tiers to be announced on Thursday. Essex were in Tier 2 last time, but only because the ECC requested it, after the Government had put Essex in Tier 1. The Council will have no say in the matter this time, so I would hope Essex will be in Tier 1.

[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 17:21]

mfb

Fans allowed back in on 15:38 - Nov 23 with 490 viewsgerry_us

Looks like home v Grimsby could be the chance for all local U's supporters to return to the Jobserve for a dose of proper football. See that cases are well down in the Colchester area. As it is still very high up here I will not be travelling even in incognito as a Grimsby supporter (which I'm not) and just hoping there may be an away fixture near me before the end of the season. If not ... hey ho, there is always 2021/2022 season....in Div. 1 ???
Fans allowed back in on 15:53 - Nov 23 with 483 viewsMoor_Pinot

Fans allowed back in on 15:38 - Nov 23 by gerry_us

Looks like home v Grimsby could be the chance for all local U's supporters to return to the Jobserve for a dose of proper football. See that cases are well down in the Colchester area. As it is still very high up here I will not be travelling even in incognito as a Grimsby supporter (which I'm not) and just hoping there may be an away fixture near me before the end of the season. If not ... hey ho, there is always 2021/2022 season....in Div. 1 ???

Well said Gerry, I like the sound of the div 1 bit.
I am pleased cases are down but it's still too scary for me to consider doing much here yet even if Macron allows it before Christmas which he may not. Must say I am surprised by the announcement today. Should imagine Mr Cowling's relieved, his silence of late has concerned me somewhat.

Moor Pinot

Fans allowed back in on 18:48 - Nov 23 with 426 viewsbwildered

Do not want to be the killjoy, but it all depends on how the tier system will be calculated, and by who. Be careful of Boris promises, but the detail will be in the small print .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Fans allowed back in on 19:51 - Nov 23 with 412 viewsmfb_cufc

The home game against Crawley next week could be the first game at the Jobserve.

The EFL are looking at the possibility of moving games due to be played on Tuesday 1st December to the Wednesday for clubs in Tier's 1&2 so that fans could attend.

As the Tier's are not due to be announced until Thursday I am surprised that would give clubs enough time to get that organized, but I am sure they will do all they can to make it happen.

mfb

Fans allowed back in on 19:51 - Nov 23 with 412 viewsnoah4x4

I suspect there will now be a rush to buy Season/Match Day Passes to guarantee a seat amongst the 2000 limit if in tier 2. In in tier 1 less so.

However, I wonder if those unable to attend can still enjoy “live” I-Follow for £10? I also suspect some fans with existing Season passes might also wish to continue with I-Follow. The most obvious example being in respect of Away games, whilst some might wish to continue to “shield” until inoculated”.

This all still needs a lot more thought. But if no “live” I Follow, I fear we could see less football rather than more.
Fans allowed back in on 09:27 - Nov 24 with 356 viewsburnsieespana

Here in Andalucia we have just entered our 5th week of being confined to our Municipality.
We have a curfew from 10pm until 7am unless for work purposes.
Bars close at 6pm and restaurants not open as non essential.
Expectation is this situation will continue until Christmas and then restart again after.
Mass vaccination being planned for first quarter from 13,000 locations.
I think maybe England going a bit quick but guess we will find out soon enough.
Fans allowed back in on 10:32 - Nov 24 with 351 viewsMoor_Pinot

Fans allowed back in on 09:27 - Nov 24 by burnsieespana

Here in Andalucia we have just entered our 5th week of being confined to our Municipality.
We have a curfew from 10pm until 7am unless for work purposes.
Bars close at 6pm and restaurants not open as non essential.
Expectation is this situation will continue until Christmas and then restart again after.
Mass vaccination being planned for first quarter from 13,000 locations.
I think maybe England going a bit quick but guess we will find out soon enough.

Yep, I concur Burnsie. It does feel a bit quick but I'm not in England and I guess the pressures may be different.
We go into week 5 on Thursday too and complete with the same curfew as you.
Macron speaks tonight for only the 5th time since it all began. Must say I have appreciated his clear unambiguous line without constant tinkering. As such one gets used to the certification every time you go out etc. Just come back from my 1km permitted walk!!
Anyway the most important thing is that decisions are taken for the best reasons for the health of a nation's people. Stay well.

Moor Pinot

Fans allowed back in on 10:44 - Nov 25 with 293 viewsmfb_cufc

The Grimsby game on Saturday 5th December is going to be the first game with fans at the Jobserve.

mfb

Login to get fewer ads

Fans allowed back in on 13:49 - Nov 25 with 283 viewsgerry_us

Fans allowed back in on 10:44 - Nov 25 by mfb_cufc

The Grimsby game on Saturday 5th December is going to be the first game with fans at the Jobserve.

After last night will anybody feel like going?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024