Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well... 22:15 - Dec 29 with 8944 viewsNorthernr

As we've had a deluge of threads smashing the place up after recent games can we have one that says...

- good result. We all would have taken that.
- Disgraceful penalty decision, brought about by them screaming blue murder for everything and Cantwell hitting the deck more than any player I've seen since Jack Wilshere was cognicent
- Would, should, have won but for a late sitter

- absolutely not a team that has downed tools and isn't playing for the manager. Dickie and Dieng excellent. Barbet actually quite good defensively second half.
Well... on 22:15 - Dec 29 with 4214 viewsdanehoop

I was happy with that, many won't be.

Never knowingly understood

Well... on 22:17 - Dec 29 with 4182 viewsJuzzie

I’m sure there are QPR fans gutted we didn’t lose as they’ve lost their platform to have a whinge.
Well... on 22:20 - Dec 29 with 4128 viewsWokingR

Well... on 22:17 - Dec 29 by Juzzie

I’m sure there are QPR fans gutted we didn’t lose as they’ve lost their platform to have a whinge.

I can name them for you if you want
Well... on 22:20 - Dec 29 with 4109 viewsLblock

I was wrong

Too drunk
[Post edited 29 Dec 2020 22:20]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Well... on 22:24 - Dec 29 with 4033 viewsterryb

I think your missing the point Clive. We only got a point!

L Block & 2T2B are still trying to plot to remove Warburton & another post stated that a draw tonight was not enough to save him.. Who they would/could replace him with is anybody's guess.

Of course we still have problems that need addressing, but the players not trying is not one of them.

We definitely need to show that we can play when we face the "lesser" teams in the division & not just the top clubs, but drawing with the three relegated clubs must show that we are not beyond hope. And we could have beaten all three!

I remember watching the team that nearly went down in 2006/07 & at the start of the following season. This team is far better!
Well... on 22:26 - Dec 29 with 4009 viewsNorthernr

Well... on 22:24 - Dec 29 by terryb

I think your missing the point Clive. We only got a point!

L Block & 2T2B are still trying to plot to remove Warburton & another post stated that a draw tonight was not enough to save him.. Who they would/could replace him with is anybody's guess.

Of course we still have problems that need addressing, but the players not trying is not one of them.

We definitely need to show that we can play when we face the "lesser" teams in the division & not just the top clubs, but drawing with the three relegated clubs must show that we are not beyond hope. And we could have beaten all three!

I remember watching the team that nearly went down in 2006/07 & at the start of the following season. This team is far better!

Well, it is another game we should have won, I can't get over that Bright miss at the end.
Well... on 22:26 - Dec 29 with 4002 viewsFaurlinho

I’m inclining towards the view that we’d do better to spend on a loan striker, midfielder and maybe a left back than blow a load of money on a managerial change..
Well... on 22:26 - Dec 29 with 3997 viewsGloucs_R

Very good point.

Dykes looks like he needs a rest and some training on positioning.

A few new faces would make a massive difference, we just don't look like we're going to score.

Thought Chair, BOS and Dykes were poor.

Dieng again class.

Dickie was solid, Barbet ok.

The two wing backs aren't good enough.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2020 22:32]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Login to get fewer ads

Well... on 22:27 - Dec 29 with 3984 viewsdavman

Let's see you practice what you preach with the match report then...

Should have won. Team can compete, just incredibly low on confidence. I have said it a few times, this type of performance from a 'safe' midtable position is a great one.

Unlike other seasons we are truly in trouble of relegation and need points. Lose on Saturday and this counts for nothing.

Dieng and the CBs great at putting bodies on the line, ball retention awful across the park, especially up front.

Agree that they are playing for the manager too. Hopefully that is a good thing...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Well... on 22:29 - Dec 29 with 3936 viewsdistortR

Well... (n/t) on 22:30 - Dec 29 with 3922 viewstimeforheroes

[Post edited 29 Dec 2020 22:37]
Well... on 22:34 - Dec 29 with 3855 viewsactonman

Well... on 22:26 - Dec 29 by Northernr

Well, it is another game we should have won, I can't get over that Bright miss at the end.

Yeah , pretty sure my neighbour has concerns for my wife’s safety fire hearing some of the shouting through the walls
Well... on 22:39 - Dec 29 with 3791 viewsHastings_Hoops

This has proved two things to me:

1) 3-5-2 works best for our squad.
2) BOS (or another runner) up top with Dykes adds another dimension.

Warbs did well tonight.
Well... on 22:41 - Dec 29 with 3771 viewskarl

Well... on 22:26 - Dec 29 by Gloucs_R

Very good point.

Dykes looks like he needs a rest and some training on positioning.

A few new faces would make a massive difference, we just don't look like we're going to score.

Thought Chair, BOS and Dykes were poor.

Dieng again class.

Dickie was solid, Barbet ok.

The two wing backs aren't good enough.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2020 22:32]

Pretty much agree with all that.
I'm still of the opinion Niko is good enough but has to be as back 4 and I think he must need constant coaching from his defensive partner to keep him on his toes and switched on, seen him play for Kilmarnock a few times and never beaten so many times per game. Big games against the Old Firm so good standard.
Kakay in a 4 I also think is decent enough but Kane has gone horribly downhill, fingers crossed he can get up to some kind of form.
Chair is now probably needing a rest and we should learn from how far a couple of others have fallen that we should give it to him instead of 60 min substitutions every game.
Well... on 22:47 - Dec 29 with 3671 viewsqprxtc

LFW v Warburton

Well... on 22:48 - Dec 29 with 3664 viewsactonman

Well... on 22:39 - Dec 29 by Hastings_Hoops

This has proved two things to me:

1) 3-5-2 works best for our squad.
2) BOS (or another runner) up top with Dykes adds another dimension.

Warbs did well tonight.

Chair needs a rest from dead ball situations
Horses for courses , we can change our tactics depending on who we play
Stop giving the fking ball back after spending so long without it
There are certain areas in the team that need working on ... wing backs , centre midfield and strikers

Carry on ignoring these and someone will lose their job
Well... on 22:51 - Dec 29 with 3633 viewsJuzzie

Well... on 22:26 - Dec 29 by Northernr

Could not should.
Well... on 22:58 - Dec 29 with 3556 viewsNortholt_Rs

Yeah a hard won valuable point which we all would have taken before kick off. Penalty decision was a shocker. Great to see us come back from that kick in the gonads and BOS really has to finish that chance at the end to win the game... Gritty performance and hopefully it builds some confidence for the boys going into the next game. COYRs!!!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Well... on 22:59 - Dec 29 with 3549 viewsDevon_4_England

Enjoyable game, played well and had chances in both halves. It was much improved and I was thinking earlier can we go back to that first half at Brentford or home to Bristol City and forget the last few weeks happened.

My wife watched the stream for once and got quite into the game.

It was a battling defensive performance which was similar to the Bournemouth game but we created more this evening with Chair’s one on one first half a great chance.

Rode the inevitable Norwich storm quite well and what a chance to win it at the death.

Pleased for Warbs and the players, excellent point and so nearly 3
Well... on 23:01 - Dec 29 with 3524 viewsswisscottage

Well... on 22:48 - Dec 29 by actonman

There are certain areas in the team that need working on ... wing backs , centre midfield and strikers

Stop giving the ball back

That in a nutshell is the most frustrating thing about that side. Worst culprit being Kane's inability to find a blue and white hooped shirt, married to his ability to telegraph every pass so the oppo has half an hour to cut out any other pass that might have got to one of our own.

I was having an argument with my mum tonight after the match as I was saying with Kakay injured who could you put in instead of him. Having thought about it, I think the question is who wouldn't you at the moment.

At least Cameron wasn't joining him on that list today... possibly because he didn't need to pass the ball, as Dickie and Barbet were clearing everything and there wasn't anything left for him to pass into touch.
Well... on 23:02 - Dec 29 with 3496 viewsPaddyhoops

Dreadful decision for their penalty although in fairness ours was pretty soft as well.
The miss at the end was dreadful. He just had to fall on it and it was in .
Good result against a top championship side.
We've done well against the better teams in this division.
Brentford, Bournemouth and Watford and should have won at least two of those.
A decent striker will see us safe this season .
Are Bonne and Dykes those strikers?
Its shit or get off the pot time!!
Well... on 23:14 - Dec 29 with 3394 viewsTheChef

Well... on 22:48 - Dec 29 by actonman

Carroll's few set pieces were much better quality. I don't know why he's not the first choice for them.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Well... on 23:16 - Dec 29 with 3371 viewsted_hendrix

Well,

We'll no more Saturday afternoon at about 5.00pm, hopefully by then we can rejoice in the fact that at long last we've now learnt' how to take decent and threatening corners, how to throw the ball and keep possession of said ball when we win a throw in, how to make say three consistent passes to our own players, how to take free kicks that absolutely scare the shit out of the oppositions defenders instead of scaring the shit out of pigeons roosting peacefully in the roof rafters of Kenilworth Road, and our Captain and say a few of our players have learnt the art of SHOUTING or TALKING during the game and we've mastered the art of putting in a pretty decent effort for the full 94 minutes, this includes not conceding 5 minutes before half time or 5 minutes after half time and not conceding any time after 85 minutes have been played.

Excellent and not expected result tonight that we so nearly stole the win too.

Get on the training pitch and get to work.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Well... on 23:18 - Dec 29 with 3347 viewspaulparker

Well... on 22:15 - Dec 29 by danehoop

I was happy with that, many won't be.

More than happy
But we need to build on that and beat Luton, a draw or a loss and we are back in the Sh1t

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Well... on 23:24 - Dec 29 with 3312 viewsTopCat34

It's a good point but already feels like a season where beating the ones around us means more,

Point at Luton is now a good result for us, but we need to beat 2 of Wycombe, Cardiff and Derby
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024