Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ins for 21/22 season 13:51 - May 5 with 21852 viewsburnsieespana

According to twitter we are apparently looking at Kyle Hudlin of Solihull Moors FC.
Suspect we will be linked with huge number of potential signing this summer so thought worth a new thread.
Ins for 21/22 season on 18:18 - Jun 18 with 3137 viewsbwildered

Update from the Ipswich spy LB ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Ins for 21/22 season on 18:34 - Jun 18 with 3113 viewsLeadbelly

Ins for 21/22 season on 18:18 - Jun 18 by bwildered

Update from the Ipswich spy LB ?

Decent player on his day in L1.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Ins for 21/22 season on 19:54 - Jun 19 with 2949 viewswessex_exile

Have to say, I'm getting really excited about next season with the additions to our squad. As others have said, I don't actually care where they've come from, when they pull on a Col U shirt next season, it'll be as one of the U's. In many respects, whilst we often bemoan Ipswich's influence over the U's because of proximity, with the core of next season's team not only blessed with significant experience, but experience of playing with each other, I think that proximity is definitely to our advantage this time.

Will we sign anyone else? Honestly, apart from (hopefully) getting Folivi on another contract, I can't see it - apart from maybe a couple of promising U23s perhaps. Perfectly happy to be wrong, but although we wouldn't have paid transfer fees, most we've signed will probably be on pretty decent contracts I'd imagine, and we're still recovering from the financial damage of the pandemic.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Ins for 21/22 season on 20:42 - Jun 19 with 2936 viewsmfb_cufc

Ins for 21/22 season on 19:54 - Jun 19 by wessex_exile

Have to say, I'm getting really excited about next season with the additions to our squad. As others have said, I don't actually care where they've come from, when they pull on a Col U shirt next season, it'll be as one of the U's. In many respects, whilst we often bemoan Ipswich's influence over the U's because of proximity, with the core of next season's team not only blessed with significant experience, but experience of playing with each other, I think that proximity is definitely to our advantage this time.

Will we sign anyone else? Honestly, apart from (hopefully) getting Folivi on another contract, I can't see it - apart from maybe a couple of promising U23s perhaps. Perfectly happy to be wrong, but although we wouldn't have paid transfer fees, most we've signed will probably be on pretty decent contracts I'd imagine, and we're still recovering from the financial damage of the pandemic.

I agree wessex, this is the most excited I have been about a season since our time in the Championship. After finishing 20th in League 2 last season, who could have imagined we would sign players of this quality. Personally I think Alan Judge could be one of the best signings we have ever made, when you think he was playing for the Republic of Ireland less than two years ago.

I think there will be further signings, as we are short of strikers, as usual. I wonder Huws next.

Some comments from Ipswich fans, on their players signing for us:

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/511012/page:1

mfb

Ins for 21/22 season on 22:49 - Jun 19 with 2919 viewsGOSBTS

Ins for 21/22 season on 20:42 - Jun 19 by mfb_cufc

I agree wessex, this is the most excited I have been about a season since our time in the Championship. After finishing 20th in League 2 last season, who could have imagined we would sign players of this quality. Personally I think Alan Judge could be one of the best signings we have ever made, when you think he was playing for the Republic of Ireland less than two years ago.

I think there will be further signings, as we are short of strikers, as usual. I wonder Huws next.

Some comments from Ipswich fans, on their players signing for us:

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/511012/page:1

Me too, I’m incredibly excited. Alan Judge was Town’s standout player in their attempted renaissance under Lambert when they got relegated from the Championship. Absolute coup for the U’s to sign him. I genuinely think we have a cracking shot at promotion. A healthy Sears could be the league’s top goal scorer and Judge POTS.

Up the resurgent U’s!
Ins for 21/22 season on 22:57 - Jun 19 with 2919 viewsoxfcolu

I always enjoy the pre-season expectation of transfers. This year has surpassed my excitement for a new season. Ignoring the fact of the majorities link to a club I have never had an opinion on, they are shrewd signings and players desperate to be happy and prove a few people from their previous season wrong. The lad from Cambridge is a good signing and I reckon Sears will light up for us this seaon.
Ins for 21/22 season on 12:55 - Jun 20 with 2857 viewsmfb_cufc

For those who like a bet, we are 40/1 to win the league, with 1/4 the odds 1, 2, 3. This price is based on our finishing position last season, so with the quality of players we have got in, I think this represents good value.

mfb

Ins for 21/22 season on 12:57 - Jun 28 with 2656 viewsburnsieespana

Good to see in the Gazette today HM saying another forward will need to be added to the squad.
Login to get fewer ads

Ins for 21/22 season on 20:14 - Jul 2 with 2492 viewsdurham_exile

Ins for 21/22 season on 12:57 - Jun 28 by burnsieespana

Good to see in the Gazette today HM saying another forward will need to be added to the squad.

We have signed a defender Cameron Coxe from Solihull on loan.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Ins for 21/22 season on 21:21 - Jul 2 with 2469 viewsburnsieespana

Bit of of an odd one when we have two able to play right back.
Could we effectively giving him an extended trial and in 6 months if we think he will make it we have agreed already a fee, etc?
Interesting strategy
[Post edited 3 Jul 2021 10:00]
Ins for 21/22 season on 22:18 - Jul 2 with 2462 viewsmfb_cufc

Manchester City were interested in Coxe a year ago.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/cardiff-city-man-city

mfb

Ins for 21/22 season on 14:44 - Jul 5 with 2370 viewsmfb_cufc

Theo Robinson could be set for a return.

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/headlines/19418184.colchester-united-keepin

mfb

Ins for 21/22 season on 17:20 - Jul 5 with 2330 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Ins for 21/22 season on 14:44 - Jul 5 by mfb_cufc

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/headlines/19418184.colchester-united-keepin

We're going from you won't win nothing with kids to Dad's Army!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Ins for 21/22 season on 17:26 - Jul 5 with 2329 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Ins for 21/22 season on 14:44 - Jul 5 by mfb_cufc

Announcement on Col U TV at 19:00. Maybe it's going to be Robinson.

Ins for 21/22 season on 18:01 - Jul 5 with 2324 viewsmfb_cufc

Ins for 21/22 season on 17:26 - Jul 5 by RSCOSWORTH

Announcement on Col U TV at 19:00. Maybe it's going to be Robinson.

It will definitely be introducing our new loan signing Coxe, and also I think it is also certain to be Robinson or Emyr Huws from Ipswich. Or it could be both.

mfb

Ins for 21/22 season on 18:28 - Jul 5 with 2321 viewsburnsieespana

Ins for 21/22 season on 17:20 - Jul 5 by RSCOSWORTH

We're going from you won't win nothing with kids to Dad's Army!

The last dad's army did pretty well!
Ins for 21/22 season on 18:30 - Jul 5 with 2320 viewsburnsieespana

Ins for 21/22 season on 18:01 - Jul 5 by mfb_cufc

It will definitely be introducing our new loan signing Coxe, and also I think it is also certain to be Robinson or Emyr Huws from Ipswich. Or it could be both.

Not sure about Huws as last I saw he was training with Doncaster
Ins for 21/22 season on 19:27 - Jul 5 with 2312 viewsmfb_cufc

The ColU TV was bit of anti-climax. Information was already on the OWS. I am sure there are more new player announcements to come

mfb

Ins for 21/22 season on 23:03 - Jul 8 with 2202 viewsmfb_cufc

Sam Walker has signed for Kilmarnock.

Ethan Ross has signed for Stockport.

mfb

Ins for 21/22 season on 09:34 - Jul 9 with 2172 viewsdurham_exile

Ins for 21/22 season on 23:03 - Jul 8 by mfb_cufc

Two signings that are both regressive.

Absolute waste, still if they think it is right for their respective careers then who are we to comment!

Stockport are ambitious, Kilmarnock are well Kilmarnock!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Ins for 21/22 season on 09:47 - Jul 9 with 2165 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Ins for 21/22 season on 23:03 - Jul 8 by mfb_cufc

You can understand the decisions they made at the time but you do wonder with 20/20 hindsight whether they'd make the same decisions again. Tough as a goalkeeper.

Ins for 21/22 season on 17:53 - Jul 15 with 1996 viewsgerry_us

I see Messi is available at half price?
Only £65m a year.
What's that in roman numerals Durham, lots I suspect?
Ins for 21/22 season on 19:46 - Jul 15 with 1976 viewsdurham_exile

Ins for 21/22 season on 17:53 - Jul 15 by gerry_us

I see Messi is available at half price?
Only £65m a year.
What's that in roman numerals Durham, lots I suspect?

Gerry not sure whether this is right but LXV is 65 and then M x6

LXVMMMMMM

Just £65m do you think we would get 10,000 spectators every home game and what about away following?

Would Messi like Barrow, Harrogate, Carlisle etc etc

I suspect not:

SPQR

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Ins for 21/22 season on 20:51 - Jul 15 with 1960 viewswessex_exile

Ins for 21/22 season on 19:46 - Jul 15 by durham_exile

Gerry not sure whether this is right but LXV is 65 and then M x6

LXVMMMMMM

Just £65m do you think we would get 10,000 spectators every home game and what about away following?

Would Messi like Barrow, Harrogate, Carlisle etc etc

I suspect not:

SPQR

Up the U's

Yeah, so Roman numerals don't quite work like that.

The numbering system stops at M for a thousand, basically because they never really envisaged a need for a bigger number, or at least a number that couldn't be covered by MM, MMM etc. However, placing a bar over a number indicated that number should be multiplied by a thousand. So, an M with the bar over meant a million, and you'd need 65 of them all lined up alongside each other to get to £65m.

Formatting wise, I can't put bars over the top, but if I could it would be:
£MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Apart from clearly massively underestimating the scale of modern football transfers, the Romans forgot one crucial element which is vital to maths - they didn't have a numeral for zero.

The other interesting factoid, which I'm sure everyone already knows, is that almost every watch and clock manufacturer who uses Roman numerals on clock faces will represent 4 as IIII.

Up the U's

Ins for 21/22 season on 10:58 - Jul 18 with 1817 viewswessex_exile

Spotted on the OMB, looks like we’re taking a look at young centre forward Cole Kiernan, recently released by Middlesbrough.

https://the72.co.uk/242471/colchester-united-to-cast-eye-over-attacker-cole-kier

Up the U's

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024