Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze ruptures achilles 10:23 - May 19 with 9876 viewsBAWHoops

Poor bloke. Reports say he's out for 6-8 months.

Did this myself last summer, really horrible injury.

Such a shame, seemed as though he was set to be the main man next season at Palace as well

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Eze ruptures achilles on 11:22 - May 26 with 1625 viewsNorthernr

Eze ruptures achilles on 11:11 - May 26 by Toast_R

Credulous point - imagine if this injury occurred a year earlier, how screwed QPR would be.

I've said before I suspect Lee Hoos watched that West Brom game from behind a sofa.
Eze ruptures achilles on 12:23 - May 26 with 1477 viewsdaveB

Eze ruptures achilles on 11:16 - May 26 by rsonist

Think it was a sincere call up, though I agree it's a little surprising. Even looking at the provisional 33 it's not obvious who he would have been there in place of. White, Godfrey or Watkins possibly and they're there on greater merit and/or have been selected before.

Tomori is arguably a bigger risk of being lost to dual nationality and haven't made the more justifiable gesture to keep him onside.

Also quite fortunate Portugal didn't take an interest in Konsa, who's been way better than Mings this season.

yeah thinking he wanted these 7 extra players to be younger ones to get a bit of experience with England and then easier to leave them out if the main players come through the 2 finals this week unscathed or if players are not fit. I think Grealish is back up to Foden for the England team so if he's not fit Eze would have been next on the list to come in

I think Tomori may have played in one of those Nations League games so might be OK.
Eze ruptures achilles on 12:29 - May 26 with 1458 viewsAntti_Heinola

Eze ruptures achilles on 11:16 - May 26 by rsonist

Think it was a sincere call up, though I agree it's a little surprising. Even looking at the provisional 33 it's not obvious who he would have been there in place of. White, Godfrey or Watkins possibly and they're there on greater merit and/or have been selected before.

Tomori is arguably a bigger risk of being lost to dual nationality and haven't made the more justifiable gesture to keep him onside.

Also quite fortunate Portugal didn't take an interest in Konsa, who's been way better than Mings this season.

well he's literally better than anyone else in the squad, so take your pick.

No, I'm not biased. ;)

Bare bones.

Eze ruptures achilles on 12:36 - May 26 with 1437 viewsrsonist

Eze ruptures achilles on 12:23 - May 26 by daveB

yeah thinking he wanted these 7 extra players to be younger ones to get a bit of experience with England and then easier to leave them out if the main players come through the 2 finals this week unscathed or if players are not fit. I think Grealish is back up to Foden for the England team so if he's not fit Eze would have been next on the list to come in

I think Tomori may have played in one of those Nations League games so might be OK.

He did but only the one cap so still eligible to switch. (They changed it precisely because Nations League largely replaced friendlies.)
Eze ruptures achilles on 13:02 - May 26 with 1386 viewskarl

Eze ruptures achilles on 12:36 - May 26 by rsonist

He did but only the one cap so still eligible to switch. (They changed it precisely because Nations League largely replaced friendlies.)

I didn't know that change.

For me Grealish is the most exciting player I see in England. I don't watch, or bothered, enough to know if he's more effective than others but him and Eze are the type of player England need to have playing to lose the one dimensional aspect of their midfield play.
It's a bit bizarre that it's now defensively where England are suspect since that can be coached to get an effective system, you can't do the same with Eze and Grealish. That's pure talent and charisma

Edit
Foden is excellent talent but without the swagger of the other 2, he may well be better but doesn't excite me in the same way.
From June 11th it will be fear not excitement
[Post edited 26 May 2021 13:04]
Eze ruptures achilles on 13:13 - May 26 with 1338 viewshantssi

Eze ruptures achilles on 13:02 - May 26 by karl

For me Grealish is the most exciting player I see in England. I don't watch, or bothered, enough to know if he's more effective than others but him and Eze are the type of player England need to have playing to lose the one dimensional aspect of their midfield play.
It's a bit bizarre that it's now defensively where England are suspect since that can be coached to get an effective system, you can't do the same with Eze and Grealish. That's pure talent and charisma

Edit
Foden is excellent talent but without the swagger of the other 2, he may well be better but doesn't excite me in the same way.

Karl, I’ve got to agree with you, when England lost to Croatia in the last WC it was because we didn’t have that Modric type of player to hold the ball, pull the strings in midfield, creating space for others and making that final telling pass.
Eze ruptures achilles on 15:23 - May 26 with 1193 viewsLazyFan

Eze ruptures achilles on 13:13 - May 26 by hantssi

Karl, I’ve got to agree with you, when England lost to Croatia in the last WC it was because we didn’t have that Modric type of player to hold the ball, pull the strings in midfield, creating space for others and making that final telling pass.

I agree too.
Grealish should be in the first 11 always. Despite being injured for part of the season I think he is up there around third for top assists and also I think top on most fouls drawn from the oppo.

So, stick him in the box, give him the ball and see if the oppo will let him play or foul him and give away a penalty. Eze was not far behind, but Grealish did it against the top teams whereas Eze needs more time for that level and he has years on Grealish anyway so it will come.

Foden is very good as well, like Deli Ali, but can pass and dribbler better. This shows, why Deli and Lingard are not at the same level as Foden, in addition, Mount, is so overrated and against top teams looks weak.

With Declan rice behind Grealish and Foden, that's a powerful midfield. I dread that Southgate does not play em though. Playing that boring no-talent player from Leeds instead of one of them or worse playing Mount.

zzzzzzzzzz

Eze ruptures achilles on 18:20 - May 26 with 1051 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Eze ruptures achilles on 15:50 - May 19 by davman

They're going down next season and we're going up. A transfer back to us when Palarse need to cut their cloth would be good.

Not sure about that as QPR would lose out on any sell-on fee! A £100million transfer to Man City followed by a return to HQ would be nice.
Login to get fewer ads

Eze ruptures achilles on 18:24 - May 26 with 1043 viewspaulparker

Eze ruptures achilles on 12:36 - May 26 by rsonist

He played against Kosovo in the qualifying game for Euro 2020 so he cannot switch

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Eze ruptures achilles on 18:28 - May 26 with 1030 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Eze ruptures achilles on 13:13 - May 26 by hantssi

LTC, anyone?
Eze ruptures achilles on 18:29 - May 26 with 1031 viewsTGRRRSSS

Tomori?

I didnt know the rules had changed I thought once you played a competitive game - including Nations League that was your team.

Zaha switched most famously (in recent times anyway) after 1 friendly for England.
Eze ruptures achilles on 18:47 - May 26 with 1008 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Eze ruptures achilles on 13:02 - May 26 by karl

Edit

Foden is better than Grealish and is still only 20 so will get better. That being said I'd like to see both in the team , particularly against weaker opposition. Southgate is too cautious for my liking, often reverting to 2 defensive midfielders and looking to catch the opposition on the break or with set pieces. With the talent at their disposal England should have the belief to take it to most teams with perhaps a more cautious approach against the big guns.
Eze ruptures achilles on 18:53 - May 26 with 1005 viewsTGRRRSSS

Witha 26 man squad there's room for both, and against tiring legs in the latter part of the tournament - if England get through the group, this could be vital.

Defence has been a bit of a weakness and something I am not sure Southgate's every got totally sorted, not sure quite why, odd that defence, especially CB position is the glaring weakness these days over and above anywhere else..
Eze ruptures achilles on 19:32 - May 26 with 943 viewsrsonist

Eze ruptures achilles on 18:28 - May 26 by Benny_the_Ball

LTC, anyone?

Was about to say, they still don't have that type of player...

As endorsed by titans of the managerial game:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2581994-imagining-the-tottenham-team-had-tim
"We miss someone who moves that ball and passes it between the lines very quickly, and he assists the assister," Sherwood said of the midfielder to the Tottenham and Wood Green Journal's Ben Pearce, then on loan with Queens Park Rangers. "I think Tom Carroll was that player–he can do that, absolutely."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2734408/Tom-Carroll-Swansea-s
'I can see why people say that about him and Modric,' Monk said.

'A lot of people will talk about the strength side of the game but it's something we believe in here.

'We've shown over the years with Leon and Joe Allen that if you pass the ball quickly and move quickly it doesn't matter about the physical side of the game."
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024