Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight 19:01 - Feb 22 with 2341 viewsdurham_exile

Last Saturday the 2pm game was an unmitigated disaster. Another 3-0 defeat and again we make an average side look good.

We now move on to four successive Home games. These will define our season and anything less than 9 points will see the U’s firmly in the brown and pungent.

Now the good news, players are returning from injury and must be pressed into service. The rot must be stopped. Hartlepool United, the Monkey Hangers, now unbeaten in 7 games come to the JSCS led by Graeme Lee. This match of course was postponed last December owing to multiple COVID casualties amongst the Hartlepool squad.

John Akinde, Noah Chilvers, Corie Andrews and Tom Dallison should all figure in the matchday 18. It is uncertain whether Shamal George will be returned between the sticks. WB appears to have taken a dislike to George after his sending off or maybe to be charitable Sam Hornby has been playing very well.

Still, I want to see wholesale changes tonight. I have banged on all season about two strikers and I am not about to let up tonight. WB has got to stop the fear of defeat from making his side more adventurous. We go 2-0 down and only then start to play. It is not good enough.

This is the side that must start tonight in a 4,3,1,2 formation:

George

Tchamadeu Chambers Dallison Kenlock

Skuse Wiredu Chilvers

Judge

Andrews Sears

Subs
Hornby MWH Smith Huws Hannant Akinde Edwards

John Akinde would start if fully fit but I think he has taken longer to get over the COVID malaise and should be given 30 minutes in the second half from the bench.
Emyr Huws is a good player but Wiredu and Chilvers start ahead of him in my team formation.

Andrews should be given 90 minutes and Sears should go off after 60 minutes for Big John.

Table
Barrow 31 31
COL U 31 31
Oldham 30 29
Carlisle 31 28
Scunny 32 32

Our games in hand have been whittled away, one might say thrown away. Oldham are recovering and we play them next in the ultimate six pointer. And of course, after Orient and Port Vale we travel to Scunny for yet another 6 pointer.

Apologies to RS Cosworth but I am afraid that I have finally come to terms with the fact that it is all about survival now and finding 19 more points. The dream or fantasy of 70 points has long since disappeared. The remaining fixtures should allow this to happen but not if we play poorly again like last Saturday.

Six of those points should come against the Monkey Hangers just to rub it into Jeff Stelling (who hates Colchester).

Hartlepool H
Oldham H
Orient H
PV H
Scunny A*
Bristol Rovers A
FGR H - Live on Sky
Tranmere H
Harrogate A*
Stevenage H
Exeter A
Bradford H
Newport A
Walsall H
Hartlepool A*

Score prediction 3-1 Colchester tonight.

IFollow £10 to watch the match live.

Weather tonight at the JSCS 7 degrees Celsius clear and dry which makes a pleasant change.

Attendance less than 2,500.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 18:07 - Feb 23 with 716 viewsbwildered

Wondering if Chambers and Smith, have become similar to Broad and Anderson in the set up, but given the keystone cops antics for the second, let’s see what transpires at the weekend.
Akinde just might be a inspiration signing, has he will trouble defenders in the National League, that he cannot in the EFL.
Groundhog season like the last, and the same situation when we survived in 1989, only to fall down the trap the door the following. Unfortunately we have already played all our cards with the squad, unlike last season when Pell and Stevenson stepped up to the plate in terms of performance and goals.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2022 18:08]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 18:08 - Feb 23 with 710 viewsPhillyJH

If Hartlepool are a mid-table side, we're a long long way off ever seeing our club not involved in a relegation scrap if we can beat the drop.

Unlike us, they had a clear tactical identity - they looked to exploit the wings at every opportunity and stretch the play. They always had a man in space in the middle of the park ready to receive the ball if wingers couldn't break past our wide players. They used passing triangles effectively and obviously had worked on team chemistry and understanding. They were the better team in the first half and we grabbed a lucky goal from a goalkeeping error.

We do not look like a club that has allegedly been using a 'tactical system' for near on a decade and we do not look like a club packed full of experienced league players. There is absolutely no identity there, no definitive style. We don't counter-press, we don't counter attack, we don't string passes together and try to pass our way around an opposition. These players should have the quality to play as a team that adopts at least one of those styles, but we don't. What on earth are they working on at Florence Park?

Our defensive performance is probably the worst part, especially since our current and previous managers were both defensive players during their career. We allow their midfield to wander into our half and pick out a pass, no pressure whatsoever at our home ground. We rely purely on last ditch tackles and clearances. There's obviously been no work on how we should shape up when we lose the ball, just a hope that if we get enough men behind the ball we'll be fine. It's like a kids 11-a-side team.

We have a Director of Performance and a Director of Football who have held their posts for a number of years and have overseen a steady decline in our performances and the standard of football we play. Why do we persist with them and this 'system'? How is Cowling the only man not to see that the reason the club has been so dire these past few seasons isn't down to an individual but down to the structure the club is currently run under. I just don't get it.

We need an experienced league coach who can apply his own identity to the team, but that will never happen I fear.
Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 18:49 - Feb 23 with 652 viewsLeadbelly

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 18:07 - Feb 23 by bwildered

Wondering if Chambers and Smith, have become similar to Broad and Anderson in the set up, but given the keystone cops antics for the second, let’s see what transpires at the weekend.
Akinde just might be a inspiration signing, has he will trouble defenders in the National League, that he cannot in the EFL.
Groundhog season like the last, and the same situation when we survived in 1989, only to fall down the trap the door the following. Unfortunately we have already played all our cards with the squad, unlike last season when Pell and Stevenson stepped up to the plate in terms of performance and goals.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2022 18:08]

Broad and Anderson have performed consistently well at the highest level over a long period of time. Criticism of their being difficult to manage is nonsense…it’s not their fault they are better tacticians than Root (great batsman, poor captain. I’d suggest there’s little comparison with Smith and Chambers…though they may well know more than recent Us coaches.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 21:20 - Feb 23 with 594 viewsnoah4x4

Darren Ferguson is available…..proven at this level on low gates.

Get rid of WB, Humes and De Souza to pay for him. …..
Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 22:16 - Feb 23 with 587 viewsdurham_exile

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 21:20 - Feb 23 by noah4x4

Good shout Noah.

The Oldham game is now a must not lose.

If we do lose then WB must go.

Humes and Co are safer than Klopp and guardiola sadly.

Ferguson would keep us up.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 22:26 - Feb 23 with 578 viewsghughes11

Can he bring Kent, Smodz and Poku back with him?

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 23:35 - Feb 23 with 544 viewsnoah4x4

Our biggest loss is probably Freddie Ladapo. Far more so than Macauley Bonne.

I recall watching that boy against Great Wakering away in the Essex League Cup. I was one of only two fans that travelled on a horrible weather blighted night. Chatted with then U’s manager Joe Dunn who rated Ladapo as highly as we did. Sadly, Joe departed and Ladapo was discarded. How often have we heard that!
Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 11:13 - Feb 24 with 484 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 23:35 - Feb 23 by noah4x4

Our biggest loss is probably Freddie Ladapo. Far more so than Macauley Bonne.

I recall watching that boy against Great Wakering away in the Essex League Cup. I was one of only two fans that travelled on a horrible weather blighted night. Chatted with then U’s manager Joe Dunn who rated Ladapo as highly as we did. Sadly, Joe departed and Ladapo was discarded. How often have we heard that!

To be honest I never saw anything in Ladapo to make me think he was going to score goals at any professional level but obviously he's developed and improved and is now a proven goalscorer at League One level.

In terms of players we've released, as in not offered a contract to, who have gone on to prosper I can barely think of any. This board's favourite son, Macauley Bonne, does not fit that bill.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 18:12 - Feb 24 with 420 viewsmfb_cufc

Ferguson is a good call, as we have a good connection with Peterborough, and he would probably understand what the club is trying to do. BUT if he wants his own backroom staff, I can't see Cowling getting rid of Humes, De Sousa and Ball.

mfb

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 19:41 - Feb 24 with 389 viewsdurham_exile

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 18:12 - Feb 24 by mfb_cufc

Ferguson is a good call, as we have a good connection with Peterborough, and he would probably understand what the club is trying to do. BUT if he wants his own backroom staff, I can't see Cowling getting rid of Humes, De Sousa and Ball.

Mark Hughes had taken over at Bradford City.

We must bring in a permanent manager if we lose on Saturday.

Relegation is unthinkable but a distinct possibility after the abject defending against the Monkey Hangers.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2022 20:00]

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024