Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tickets for a Tenner in New Safe Standing for Reading Game 10:53 - Sep 8 with 4910 viewsStevenageRanger

Just had an email saying members can buy tickets for £10 for the Lower Loft Safe Standing section for Reading. Its not in R Block ONLY Lower Loft.

Guessing they are trying to tempt people to try and hope they stay there.

It sits a little uneasy with me after seeing the 'backlash' on Twitter from Reading fans that we are charging them £36!
Tickets for a Tenner in New Safe Standing for Reading Game on 10:55 - Sep 8 with 4305 viewsNorthernr

Good that they're marketing it though. It should be a really big selling point. Should be ads on the tube and stuff. Affordable Championship football, in London, on a terrace, under the lights, old skooool.
Tickets for a Tenner in New Safe Standing for Reading Game on 10:58 - Sep 8 with 4279 viewsStevenageRanger

I thought the amount of people that said they wanted Safe Standing it would be full every game! The last thing I thought we would need to sell tickets for a tenner! I said a few weeks ago that there isnt that many STs sold for the Lower Loft SS section.

I agree its a good thing that they are trying to make it work but suprised it is needed!
Tickets for a Tenner in New Safe Standing for Reading Game on 11:03 - Sep 8 with 4257 viewsNorthernr

Tickets for a Tenner in New Safe Standing for Reading Game on 10:58 - Sep 8 by StevenageRanger

I thought the amount of people that said they wanted Safe Standing it would be full every game! The last thing I thought we would need to sell tickets for a tenner! I said a few weeks ago that there isnt that many STs sold for the Lower Loft SS section.

I agree its a good thing that they are trying to make it work but suprised it is needed!

I think more people will move there over time. They spent so long in the summer - rightly TBF I'd be miffed if somebody moved my seat - making sure everybody had a chance to renew who wanted to etc that there wasn't a lot of time to actually go about selling it and getting new people there. There are people on here, I think, who've tried a game there and liked it so much they're now moving.
Tickets for a Tenner in New Safe Standing for Reading Game on 11:48 - Sep 8 with 4125 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Really surprised there hasn't been more of this, especially during school hols. Kids for a quid etc (I know under 8s are free)

On that theme - with Huddersfield on Saturday not using the bottom of the school end how come we haven't tried to use that for home fans? I realise there are empty sections in the normal bit but again, a bit of marketing, cheap tickets etc. Surely a tenner down there is better than no one in the other stands.
Tickets for a Tenner in New Safe Standing for Reading Game on 12:15 - Sep 8 with 4078 viewsrobith

Tickets for a Tenner in New Safe Standing for Reading Game on 10:55 - Sep 8 by Northernr

Good that they're marketing it though. It should be a really big selling point. Should be ads on the tube and stuff. Affordable Championship football, in London, on a terrace, under the lights, old skooool.

An American on the championship reddit page asked which game to come to on a visit to London out of us and Watford, and the replies saying us for the standing area cos you can't get it elsewhere were compelling and seemed to win him over, so totally agreed
Tickets for a Tenner in New Safe Standing for Reading Game on 12:28 - Sep 8 with 4040 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

This is much better than having it empty. They should though hold back some tickets for those that turn up on the day, at maybe £15. If its advertised you will probably get groups of 16 to 18 year olds turning up who want to watch a game.
At that age I would sometimes go with a load of mates some of whom didn't even support QPR, but we could get tickets in the Loft and have a good laugh.
Tickets for a Tenner in New Safe Standing for Reading Game on 13:17 - Sep 8 with 3980 viewsStevenageRanger

But what with all the 'noise' from fans about wanting safe standing, get the loft back to what it was, get the kids out, I bet the club didnt think they would have to drop tickets to a tenner to get people in. However, I I do think this will help.
Tickets for a Tenner in New Safe Standing for Reading Game on 13:39 - Sep 8 with 3943 viewsstanistheman

We are charging away fans £36 to sit in the upper tier behind the goal all too themselves.

QPR away fans are often sat in a corner somewhere.
Login to get fewer ads

Tickets for a Tenner in New Safe Standing for Reading Game on 14:01 - Sep 8 with 3912 viewsToast_R

Just bought my £10 ticket for Reading. Looking forward to that. Haven't stood on the Loft since at home to Everton in 94 and the "Fist of White"

Incidentally, I simultaneously bought tickets for Saturday as well and talking to the box office on the blower, I only got charged the £3.50 booking fee once. Is that standard?
Tickets for a Tenner in New Safe Standing for Reading Game on 14:05 - Sep 8 with 3907 viewsRangersw12

There is also safe standing at the back of the away end now.

Assume it's to get round persistent standing

Tickets for a Tenner in New Safe Standing for Reading Game on 14:20 - Sep 8 with 3874 viewsNorthernr

Tickets for a Tenner in New Safe Standing for Reading Game on 14:05 - Sep 8 by Rangersw12

There is also safe standing at the back of the away end now.

Assume it's to get round persistent standing

I didn't know that either. Do we reckon they basically had some left over?
Tickets for a Tenner in New Safe Standing for Reading Game on 15:15 - Sep 8 with 3810 viewsMick_S

Tickets for a Tenner in New Safe Standing for Reading Game on 14:20 - Sep 8 by Northernr

I didn't know that either. Do we reckon they basically had some left over?

I know, what a fantastic coincidence that they fitted in so well. Seamless.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Tickets for a Tenner in New Safe Standing for Reading Game on 15:19 - Sep 8 with 3795 viewskensalriser

Don't you need to be a member to get in the lower Loft?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Tickets for a Tenner in New Safe Standing for Reading Game on 15:24 - Sep 8 with 3785 viewsPunteR

Tickets for a Tenner in New Safe Standing for Reading Game on 10:55 - Sep 8 by Northernr

And on London radio stations...

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Tickets for a Tenner in New Safe Standing for Reading Game on 15:53 - Sep 8 with 3730 viewsstowmarketrange

Tickets for a Tenner in New Safe Standing for Reading Game on 15:19 - Sep 8 by kensalriser

Don't you need to be a member to get in the lower Loft?

It is an offer for members only.
Tickets for a Tenner in New Safe Standing for Reading Game on 16:20 - Sep 8 with 3677 viewsStevenageRanger

Tickets for a Tenner in New Safe Standing for Reading Game on 14:01 - Sep 8 by Toast_R

Just bought my £10 ticket for Reading. Looking forward to that. Haven't stood on the Loft since at home to Everton in 94 and the "Fist of White"

Incidentally, I simultaneously bought tickets for Saturday as well and talking to the box office on the blower, I only got charged the £3.50 booking fee once. Is that standard?

@Toast R - Yes its always £3.50 per transaction rather than per ticket or per game
[Post edited 8 Sep 2022 16:20]
Tickets for a Tenner in New Safe Standing for Reading Game on 16:22 - Sep 8 with 3670 viewsdaveB

They need to get it filled and I think they will, it's something that i think will get more popular as the season goes on. These prices will help, you can't keep charging £30 for games against some right old shi t

We're just coming out of holiday season as well so quite a few people will have been away
Tickets for a Tenner in New Safe Standing for Reading Game on 16:29 - Sep 8 with 3649 viewsstowmarketrange

Tickets for a Tenner in New Safe Standing for Reading Game on 16:22 - Sep 8 by daveB

They need to get it filled and I think they will, it's something that i think will get more popular as the season goes on. These prices will help, you can't keep charging £30 for games against some right old shi t

We're just coming out of holiday season as well so quite a few people will have been away

That will look good then to have one side full and the family side virtually empty.
Tickets for a Tenner in New Safe Standing for Reading Game on 18:07 - Sep 8 with 3538 viewsPaddyhoops

Lots of people have moved from N block and it all looks a bit unfamiliar now but have to say I love it and it felt like old school football at the Hull game . Great banter and atmosphere . Long may it continue .
Tickets for a Tenner in New Safe Standing for Reading Game on 18:12 - Sep 8 with 3524 viewsdaveB

Tickets for a Tenner in New Safe Standing for Reading Game on 16:29 - Sep 8 by stowmarketrange

That will look good then to have one side full and the family side virtually empty.

has the family stand been empty in any games this year then? Always us in the family stand that are the problem, never mind the empty seats in SA Road or the upper loft
Tickets for a Tenner in New Safe Standing for Reading Game on 18:14 - Sep 8 with 3517 viewsstowmarketrange

Tickets for a Tenner in New Safe Standing for Reading Game on 18:12 - Sep 8 by daveB

has the family stand been empty in any games this year then? Always us in the family stand that are the problem, never mind the empty seats in SA Road or the upper loft

It normally is for night games,and I can’t see this one being any different.
Tickets for a Tenner in New Safe Standing for Reading Game on 22:21 - Sep 8 with 3381 viewsdaveB

Tickets for a Tenner in New Safe Standing for Reading Game on 18:14 - Sep 8 by stowmarketrange

It normally is for night games,and I can’t see this one being any different.

didn't look empty for the Hull game
Tickets for a Tenner in New Safe Standing for Reading Game on 22:35 - Sep 8 with 3360 viewsstowmarketrange

Tickets for a Tenner in New Safe Standing for Reading Game on 22:21 - Sep 8 by daveB

didn't look empty for the Hull game

Possibly the fact that it was still the school holidays made a difference?
Tickets for a Tenner in New Safe Standing for Reading Game on 10:01 - Sep 9 with 3195 viewsStevenageRanger

I am with Dave B here! The family side has been pretty full most games so far.

Looking at tomorrows game and again not many seats left in the family half. There are loads available in Upper Loft and more available in the Safe Standing section than the Family side.
Tickets for a Tenner in New Safe Standing for Reading Game on 10:05 - Sep 9 with 3186 viewsTopCat34

We should be charging Reading more than £36
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024