Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket cancellation 12:45 - Mar 15 with 19239 viewsstanistheman

I have just sent an email cancelling my direct debit for next season.

I have included my reason in which I have sent a message about the running of the club by the failure of a Director of Football and the role of Lee Hoos.

8 seasons of failing to make even the top 8 let alone the playoffs whilst thee Ed likes of Huddersfield Barnsley and Luton have. I am sick of listening to their excuses about finances and the stadium. They have failed and keep sacking and appointing new managers/head coaches , rebuilding the squad and getting nowhere.
I have asked they bring that to the attention of the Chairman.

I just received a reply saying sorry you do not wish to renew your season ticket and thanks for letting us know.

I wonder if any other fans will be cancelling or at least letting the club know their views on Ferdinand and Hoos’ running of the club over the last 8 seasons.

If we do nothing then we cannot expect to see anything different as we carry on with mediocre seasons and their pathetic excuses when clubs like Huddersfield Barnsley Luton
Brentford Bournemouth make the playoffs and premier league.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2023 12:52]
Season ticket cancellation on 15:30 - Mar 15 with 1821 viewsTheChef

Season ticket cancellation on 15:21 - Mar 15 by HuckerMotM2

If QPR is your entire life or plays such a significant role that you can't consider "walking away" or putting your hands up and admitting that "enough is enough" then that doesn't make you a loyal fan but someone who needs help.

There are so many different ways to spend a Saturday afternoon that doesn't involve spending hundreds/thousands of pounds a year watching a 11 men in Blue and White hoops.

Seriously, seek some bloody help if this is your life and will be until you die....

Remind me again why you support QPR?

Assuming it is that you actually do.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Season ticket cancellation on 15:32 - Mar 15 with 1815 viewsHuckerMotM2

Season ticket cancellation on 15:30 - Mar 15 by TheChef

Remind me again why you support QPR?

Assuming it is that you actually do.

Hooray!

The "You can't be QPR if you're not part of the happy clappy clique"... how boring!
Season ticket cancellation on 15:33 - Mar 15 with 1804 viewsSonofpugwash

If QPR is your entire life or plays such a significant role that you can't consider "walking away" or putting your hands up and admitting that "enough is enough" then that doesn't make you a loyal fan but someone who needs help.

There are so many different ways to spend a Saturday afternoon that doesn't involve spending hundreds/thousands of pounds a year watching a 11 men in Blue and White hoops.

Seriously, seek some bloody help if this is your life and will be until you die....

"Somebody said that football's a matter of life and death to you, I said 'listen, it's more important than that'."

Bill Shankly.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Season ticket cancellation on 15:35 - Mar 15 with 1799 viewsHuckerMotM2

Season ticket cancellation on 15:33 - Mar 15 by Sonofpugwash

"Somebody said that football's a matter of life and death to you, I said 'listen, it's more important than that'."

Bill Shankly.

What he actually was referring to was the fact that for some people in that region they had nothing in their lives but football...

The most misunderstood quote in football but, ironically, quite apt for some people on here... Nothing in their lives but QPR.
Season ticket cancellation on 15:39 - Mar 15 with 1766 viewsSonofpugwash

Season ticket cancellation on 15:35 - Mar 15 by HuckerMotM2

What he actually was referring to was the fact that for some people in that region they had nothing in their lives but football...

The most misunderstood quote in football but, ironically, quite apt for some people on here... Nothing in their lives but QPR.

"Shankly's famous quote was said with his usual devilment, to underline just what football meant to him," says Keith.

"It was his life. In that sense it was tongue in cheek, not to be taken literally.

"He always knew how to deliver a potentially outrageous phrase or a comic line, which he used to rehearse incidentally, and this was one of them."

A personal note rather than a wider one then, and something that was much more important to him than anyone else.

Season ticket cancellation on 15:43 - Mar 15 with 1751 viewsHuckerMotM2

Season ticket cancellation on 15:39 - Mar 15 by Sonofpugwash

"Shankly's famous quote was said with his usual devilment, to underline just what football meant to him," says Keith.

"It was his life. In that sense it was tongue in cheek, not to be taken literally.

"He always knew how to deliver a potentially outrageous phrase or a comic line, which he used to rehearse incidentally, and this was one of them."

A personal note rather than a wider one then, and something that was much more important to him than anyone else.

That's one man's interpretation which is at odds with how many interpret it...

Regardless, if football/QPR is the most important thing in your life you've wasted your entire existence...
Season ticket cancellation on 15:49 - Mar 15 with 1720 viewsSonofpugwash

Season ticket cancellation on 15:43 - Mar 15 by HuckerMotM2

That's one man's interpretation which is at odds with how many interpret it...

Regardless, if football/QPR is the most important thing in your life you've wasted your entire existence...

Why?
Aside from being very patronising it then precludes passionate managers,players etc.
I also prefer to be a Sancho Panza character who eternally and fruitlessly tilts at windmills.

Season ticket cancellation on 15:51 - Mar 15 with 1706 viewsHuckerMotM2

Season ticket cancellation on 15:49 - Mar 15 by Sonofpugwash

Why?
Aside from being very patronising it then precludes passionate managers,players etc.
I also prefer to be a Sancho Panza character who eternally and fruitlessly tilts at windmills.

Why have you wasted the gift of life if QPR ranks high in your list of things that matter to you?

Seriously...... This isn't a dress rehearsal, you know...
Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket cancellation on 15:53 - Mar 15 with 1698 viewskingsburyR

Ill be renewing.

My 10 year old daughter finally got the bug and loves going to LR regardless of the results. She's up singing and clapping along. Warms my heart although the life I have no subjected her too will be a harsh reality when she's older.

We sit in MU with a great view of the pitch. She turns to me Saturday, points at Q block and tells me she wants to sit over there! I also had to explain to her why the lad in front of me kept referring to the ref as a tosser and is tosser a rude word!

Love going footie! You R'sssssssss

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Season ticket cancellation on 15:57 - Mar 15 with 1681 viewsstanistheman

Season ticket cancellation on 13:10 - Mar 15 by wokingrs

Each to their own of course but clearly none of us follow Rangers for the glory and therefore nights like last night won’t affect my desire to be there next season.

It isn't a reaction to last night, but more over the last 8 seasons or so since Ferdinand returned to the club. The last 4 months have been about the worst that I have ever seen and don't want to spend my afternoons watching the club's demise anymore.

He said he wanted to take the club back to where they used to be, but I didn't think he meant back to the 1960s in the 3rd tier of football! He is dragging this club down.

This season started well (but most of us knew the squad was inadequate) and it was largely down to the form of Willock, Chair and one or two others like Johansen & Field that they got into the top 6.

He doesn't have a blueprint or it seems any real plan how to deal with getting this club on a sound footing and lurches from one managerial appointment to another and constant squad rebuilding.
Season ticket cancellation on 15:57 - Mar 15 with 1678 viewsSonofpugwash

Season ticket cancellation on 15:51 - Mar 15 by HuckerMotM2

Why have you wasted the gift of life if QPR ranks high in your list of things that matter to you?

No aspect of life is ever wasted.Pain and suffering has a grandeur all of its own and I'm glad to have experienced it.
I've lived a long and varied life doing things and meeting people that most only read about in books or hear tales of in muffled conversations around camp fires.
QPR was/is right up there with those experiences.
And i'm not done yet thank you very much.

Season ticket cancellation on 16:00 - Mar 15 with 1659 viewsstanistheman

Season ticket cancellation on 13:22 - Mar 15 by ManinBlack

This club is not going to attract new fans and season ticket holders for the future as things stand irrespective of whether current fans renew or not. Kids look up to winners and heroes and we have none of those to make anyone want to support us over all the Premiership London clubs.

I have been bringing my kid to watch (even though a Man U fan) and there's no chance of converting watching the dross that has been on offer for much of this season.
Season ticket cancellation on 16:02 - Mar 15 with 1653 viewsessextaxiboy

Isnt now when they need us the most ?
Season ticket cancellation on 16:02 - Mar 15 with 1652 viewsstanistheman

Season ticket cancellation on 13:59 - Mar 15 by RBlock

Love that two of the teams you picked out, Barnsley and Huddersfield, are in League 1 and dead-bottom of the Championship respectively. Not the strongest argument.

Also, "I have asked they bring that to the attention of the Chairman". LOL

The point is that those two clubs got into the play offs whilst we have barely got into the top half.
Season ticket cancellation on 16:07 - Mar 15 with 1628 viewsgazza1

I have been going to QPR since 1963 apart from 10 years or so when I played football myself. When I played football on Saturdays the very first thing I did after the game and before I had a shower was to find out about the Rangers and how they got on. I managed to see a few Rangers midweek games when I was not playing or training and it was like heaven attending matches.

I do not believe that I will ever stop watching QPR whilst I am fit and well enough to do so.....win loose or draw, good players or shite players, it doesn't matter to me - I will always go. Please do not ask my why because I cannot tell you. I am exhausted after every game and get quite depressed if we loose.

I am certain that I will never cancel my season ticket whilst I am on this planet and able to attend.

Each to their own, as they say.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2023 16:08]
Season ticket cancellation on 16:07 - Mar 15 with 1631 viewsstowmarketrange

Season ticket cancellation on 16:02 - Mar 15 by essextaxiboy

Exactly.Would you give up on a loved member of the family because they are in desperate need?You’d try to support them in their darkest hour,but I’m not knocking anyone who decides to walk away.
Season ticket cancellation on 16:09 - Mar 15 with 1619 viewsstanistheman

Season ticket cancellation on 14:38 - Mar 15 by PinnerPaul

ONE result in ONE 46 game season?- each to their own, but its a strange reason to invest or not in so much time and money based on one result.

I've said before, its hard to be 'lucky' or 'unlucky' over a 46 game season so we we end up where we end up at the end of the season, but after supporting the Rs all my life - 60+ years and from two local supporting families, one season in isolation isn't going to put me off going, let alone one result!

For OP there is NO CEO or DOF in the world who will guarantee we don't lose football matches - some of them heavily.

Paul, this isn't about last night but the direction under Ferdinand and Hoos.

Any other DoF and the fans would have been calling for him to be sacked. Ferdinand isn't or shouldn't be untouchable and I really don't understand why fans aren't calling for him to go. He sacks the managers and coaches he hires because they don't have the team challenging for promotion, yet no one on the Board seems to question him.
Season ticket cancellation on 16:10 - Mar 15 with 1605 viewsHuckerMotM2

Season ticket cancellation on 16:02 - Mar 15 by essextaxiboy

The players will still earn a lot more than you, drive a nicer car, live in a bigger home in a nicer area and the board will still be as rich as they are if we win, lose or draw on Saturday or stay up or not in May...

Who actually needs us more than ever now?
Season ticket cancellation on 16:12 - Mar 15 with 1586 viewsHuckerMotM2

Season ticket cancellation on 16:07 - Mar 15 by stowmarketrange

Exactly.Would you give up on a loved member of the family because they are in desperate need?You’d try to support them in their darkest hour,but I’m not knocking anyone who decides to walk away.

In their darkest hour people you care about could kill themselves.....

You do realise that this is a football club you're talking about, don't you?
Season ticket cancellation on 16:13 - Mar 15 with 1578 viewsstanistheman

Season ticket cancellation on 14:56 - Mar 15 by ChrisNW6

Is it a good seat - Can you share details on view, legroom and quality of surrounding fans?

Leg room non existent and view is a pillar blocking the last 3rd of the penalty area.
Season ticket cancellation on 16:15 - Mar 15 with 1574 viewsessextaxiboy

Season ticket cancellation on 15:51 - Mar 15 by HuckerMotM2

Who gets to decide what is worthy of a life spent ?

Seriously ? ..... The person that is living it thats who .

I have loved Rangers since my first game in 1967 , I have fantastic memories of times spent with my Dad , my uncles , playing Ruislip Golf course then a game in the afternoon. learning to drive by driving across London to LR , My son being mascot , I could go on and on ... Wasted time ? Not for me

My Dad died of a heart attack in the park aged 56 , I know how short life is believe me .
Season ticket cancellation on 16:17 - Mar 15 with 1559 viewsPinnerPaul

Season ticket cancellation on 15:02 - Mar 15 by Sonofpugwash

Yes but what else can you do to voice your dismay?
Voting with your "feet" better than the odious prospect of banners.
Nobody at the club takes any notice of fans' messageboards anyway.

That IS a fair point, if people feel they have to protest to make themselves heard, then fair enough.

I suppose my point was that supporting the club, to me, is based on something rather more permanent and long lasting than a bad result and/or season.
Season ticket cancellation on 16:17 - Mar 15 with 1558 viewsBlue_Castello

Season ticket cancellation on 16:15 - Mar 15 by essextaxiboy

I have loved Rangers since my first game in 1967 , I have fantastic memories of times spent with my Dad , my uncles , playing Ruislip Golf course then a game in the afternoon. learning to drive by driving across London to LR , My son being mascot , I could go on and on ... Wasted time ? Not for me

My Dad died of a heart attack in the park aged 56 , I know how short life is believe me .

I wouldn't bother Essex, he's on a wind up and he's getting the responses he wants......
Season ticket cancellation on 16:19 - Mar 15 with 1545 viewsgazza1

Season ticket cancellation on 16:15 - Mar 15 by essextaxiboy

BTW....Ruislip Golf Club is no more - HS2 has taken over.
Season ticket cancellation on 16:21 - Mar 15 with 1537 viewsPinnerPaul

Erm....where did I say it was "my entire life"?

Seek help for continuing to support the club, like my dad and Grandad, EVEN after we have lost ONE match?

Not sure its me who needs a bit of perspective/help mate!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024