Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket cancellation 12:45 - Mar 15 with 19442 viewsstanistheman

I have just sent an email cancelling my direct debit for next season.

I have included my reason in which I have sent a message about the running of the club by the failure of a Director of Football and the role of Lee Hoos.

8 seasons of failing to make even the top 8 let alone the playoffs whilst thee Ed likes of Huddersfield Barnsley and Luton have. I am sick of listening to their excuses about finances and the stadium. They have failed and keep sacking and appointing new managers/head coaches , rebuilding the squad and getting nowhere.
I have asked they bring that to the attention of the Chairman.

I just received a reply saying sorry you do not wish to renew your season ticket and thanks for letting us know.

I wonder if any other fans will be cancelling or at least letting the club know their views on Ferdinand and Hoos’ running of the club over the last 8 seasons.

If we do nothing then we cannot expect to see anything different as we carry on with mediocre seasons and their pathetic excuses when clubs like Huddersfield Barnsley Luton
Brentford Bournemouth make the playoffs and premier league.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2023 12:52]
Season ticket cancellation on 23:52 - Mar 15 with 2944 viewsDamo1962

Season ticket cancellation on 18:16 - Mar 15 by Benny_the_Ball

This. Whether you agree with Stan or not, he has his reasons and some pretty good ones. In these times of rising prices, the board can't expect folk to keep dishing out their hard earned despite mismanaging the club and serving up dross on the pitch. Not everyone has access to Concession prices.

On a side note, I find the 'community' angle baffling. There's a whole host of better (not to mention cheaper) ways of helping out those less fortunate than ourselves than handing your money over to QPR. I pay to watch the team; nothing more, nothing less. Anyone who claims that they're doing it for the community work is frankly deluding themselves.

Agree.The "Community" stuff, is just more Virtue signalling by some...and the club.
Season ticket cancellation on 08:21 - Mar 16 with 2767 viewsnix

Season ticket cancellation on 20:55 - Mar 15 by Northernr

Hmmm, yes quite. Expect little less from the people that previously brought us the “I was next to you in the toilets the other night, you would have had no idea it was me, you looked even more miserable than normal” classic, as if that was some kind of gotcha, rather than just one of the weirdest things I’ve ever read on here.

I'd forgotten that story (not surprised you haven't though).

FFS.
Season ticket cancellation on 08:31 - Mar 16 with 2738 viewsnix

Season ticket cancellation on 23:52 - Mar 15 by Damo1962

Agree.The "Community" stuff, is just more Virtue signalling by some...and the club.

Sorry to disappoint you but I genuinely prefer that side of the club to the old Palladini/Ecclestone/Briatore crew who would have seen charity as going out with a woman over 25.

It's fine if it means nothing to you but it makes me proud to see Mark Prince appreciative for the recognition for his dead son. That's not virtue signalling. That's just fact.

I don't expect you or anyone else to agree with me, we're all different, but you don't get to tell me what I think isn't real.
Season ticket cancellation on 08:35 - Mar 16 with 2719 viewsRanger_Things

Usually I tend to swerve the board after particularly bad results as it can get a bit too tetchy. Now I get it, emotions run high and people say stupid things in the heat of the moment. I also respect that some may not wish to contribute or be a part of QPR community projects but to suggest that the Tiger Cubs, Dottie’s Journey. Kyan Prince, Grenfell, hospital visits etc are just virtue signalling by fans and the club have to be some of the most tw@tish comments I have ever read on here. That sh1t belongs on twitter not Loft For Words.
Season ticket cancellation on 10:49 - Mar 16 with 2579 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Season ticket cancellation on 23:52 - Mar 15 by Damo1962

"Virtue signalling"

You don't think that Andy Evans's heart is in the community?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Season ticket cancellation on 15:57 - Mar 16 with 2327 viewsDamo1962

I wish to retract my inappropriate remark...it was stupid. I let my anger with the current situation at our club, cloud my thinking.The "Community" stuff, whilst noble... just doesn't interest me personally. It obviously is important to a lot of other people though.The first team and their fortunes are the only thing I want to know about at QPR.
Season ticket cancellation on 16:18 - Mar 16 with 2303 viewsjoe90

Mate, you do what you need to. If that’s dipping out of QPR for a bit go for it. If it’s really not making you happy and the only thing you enjoy about the match day experience is the football then this really isn’t the club for you.

Can I ask you honestly, do you really think this is an exceptionally bad QPR side and do you really think it’s going to be like this forever?

As one well respected poster on here once said to me ‘you’ve got to ride the wave’!

It’s the rubbish times that make last Saturday so fun even it’s followed up by a dog sh1t sandwich at Blackpool.
Season ticket cancellation on 16:53 - Mar 16 with 2259 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Season ticket cancellation on 15:57 - Mar 16 by Damo1962

I wish to retract my inappropriate remark...it was stupid. I let my anger with the current situation at our club, cloud my thinking.The "Community" stuff, whilst noble... just doesn't interest me personally. It obviously is important to a lot of other people though.The first team and their fortunes are the only thing I want to know about at QPR.

Fair play, Damo. No harm done, we're all just chatting.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket cancellation on 17:07 - Mar 16 with 2219 views100percent

Season ticket cancellation on 22:47 - Mar 15 by Padulas_Shampoo

I’m really, really sorry for biting at this because that’s clearly what this weirdo is after but I can’t help myself, I had to point out how grotesque this post is.

You don’t have to relate to this club like others do and of course there will be huge variances between us on how we feel about it but you have absolutely no right to judge anyone for how they feel about QPR. If you are the type of person that absolutely has to do that, you should keep those judgments to yourself.

This club goes way, way beyond wins, losses and draws or even promotions and relegations. It’s a community that can offer hope and purpose to people devoid of hope and purpose. It’s a forever constant in bonds between people and family that end up enriched beyond any comparison.

I hate it when we’re shit but I’ll never turn my back on this club for everything it has done for me over the years. It’s a part of me and I’m a part of it. I’m proud to say that and always will be. I don’t care what you think of that so don’t bother telling me.

I'm with Pad's shamp's on this.
To me there is very little correlation on our on pitch performance/who the board is/who we are playing.
It's in my blood - it's in my family blood. it's there from decades and generations. It's not just about football. It's about pie and mash before the game, about coffee in the Porto on Golborne Rd. It;s about the kids letting off steam, it's about those awkward conversations that football allows us to have inbetween watching goals go in, at either end.
It's community, it's kindness, it's passion. It's about the many variables and the unpredictability of it all. As Rangers Things said, it's Grenfell, it's Tiger Cubs, It's Dottie's Journey and Kyan Prince. All of those things make me proud.
Whilst I still have the money and still have my health, I will always go regardless of what division, or who is wearing the shirt.
Season ticket cancellation on 18:19 - Mar 16 with 2126 viewsDamo1962

Season ticket cancellation on 16:53 - Mar 16 by BrianMcCarthy

Fair play, Damo. No harm done, we're all just chatting.

Think we all agree with that Brian. This is great place for a chat 😉
Season ticket cancellation on 09:35 - Mar 17 with 1967 viewsterryb

A couple of points from me.

1) Not renewing your season ticket is totally valid & I'm sure there are many of us rthat are also considering not doing so. However, in my view, it is far too early to make the decision. IF we were relegated & the club still charged Premier prices would be a factor, but if I discontinued it would not mean that I've stepped away from Queens Park Rangers.

It would mean that I have choosen to select the games I attend on a match by match basis. Probably taking into account bloody bus replacement! Not that the club can do anything about Rail Track interfeering.

2) I can't believe how many of you are replying to Huckermom2. I've no idea what he has written on this thread as I ignored him after he virtually said that that homophobia didn't exist in the '80's, especially in football!
Season ticket cancellation on 10:33 - Mar 17 with 1877 viewsPunteR

What I don't get is Moson does the same thing and gets a record breaking 64 up votes, when Stan does it he gets absolutely hammered for it..

I guess it's how you word and structure your post.?
The intension is more or less the same thing.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2023 10:35]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Season ticket cancellation on 12:05 - Mar 18 with 1655 viewsPinnerPaul

Season ticket cancellation on 09:35 - Mar 17 by terryb

A couple of points from me.

1) Not renewing your season ticket is totally valid & I'm sure there are many of us rthat are also considering not doing so. However, in my view, it is far too early to make the decision. IF we were relegated & the club still charged Premier prices would be a factor, but if I discontinued it would not mean that I've stepped away from Queens Park Rangers.

It would mean that I have choosen to select the games I attend on a match by match basis. Probably taking into account bloody bus replacement! Not that the club can do anything about Rail Track interfeering.

2) I can't believe how many of you are replying to Huckermom2. I've no idea what he has written on this thread as I ignored him after he virtually said that that homophobia didn't exist in the '80's, especially in football!

No idea why I got involved - he's on the ever expanding ignore list now.
Season ticket cancellation on 20:01 - Mar 18 with 1487 viewsPunteR

Season ticket cancellation on 12:05 - Mar 18 by PinnerPaul

Grow up FFS!

Season ticket cancellation on 20:22 - Mar 18 with 1403 viewsSonofpugwash

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Season ticket cancellation on 20:36 - Mar 18 with 1342 viewsrsocks

Season ticket cancellation on 12:05 - Mar 18 by PinnerPaul

I’ve got around 160 on my ignored list. Makes this site easier to me read.
Season ticket cancellation on 21:06 - Mar 18 with 1261 viewsPunteR

Season ticket cancellation on 20:36 - Mar 18 by rsocks

Ive got 578. Just me you and Pinner

Season ticket cancellation on 02:37 - Mar 19 with 1152 viewsstainrods_elbow

Season ticket cancellation on 20:36 - Mar 18 by rsocks

Why not go the whole hog and just converse with yourself?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024