Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket cancellation 12:45 - Mar 15 with 19445 viewsstanistheman

I have just sent an email cancelling my direct debit for next season.

I have included my reason in which I have sent a message about the running of the club by the failure of a Director of Football and the role of Lee Hoos.

8 seasons of failing to make even the top 8 let alone the playoffs whilst thee Ed likes of Huddersfield Barnsley and Luton have. I am sick of listening to their excuses about finances and the stadium. They have failed and keep sacking and appointing new managers/head coaches , rebuilding the squad and getting nowhere.
I have asked they bring that to the attention of the Chairman.

I just received a reply saying sorry you do not wish to renew your season ticket and thanks for letting us know.

I wonder if any other fans will be cancelling or at least letting the club know their views on Ferdinand and Hoos’ running of the club over the last 8 seasons.

If we do nothing then we cannot expect to see anything different as we carry on with mediocre seasons and their pathetic excuses when clubs like Huddersfield Barnsley Luton
Brentford Bournemouth make the playoffs and premier league.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2023 12:52]
Season ticket cancellation on 16:23 - Mar 15 with 1891 viewsPinnerPaul

Season ticket cancellation on 15:32 - Mar 15 by HuckerMotM2

Hooray!

The "You can't be QPR if you're not part of the happy clappy clique"... how boring!

Equally as absurd as saying I need "help" or that "its my entire life" because I'm daring to go on Saturday!
Season ticket cancellation on 16:25 - Mar 15 with 1876 viewsPinnerPaul

Season ticket cancellation on 15:35 - Mar 15 by HuckerMotM2

What he actually was referring to was the fact that for some people in that region they had nothing in their lives but football...

The most misunderstood quote in football but, ironically, quite apt for some people on here... Nothing in their lives but QPR.

Big and obviously untrue statement about people you know nothing about!

As I said earlier, nothing like a defeat to bring some strange views out in the open.
Season ticket cancellation on 16:27 - Mar 15 with 1862 viewsPinnerPaul

Season ticket cancellation on 15:53 - Mar 15 by kingsburyR

Ill be renewing.

My 10 year old daughter finally got the bug and loves going to LR regardless of the results. She's up singing and clapping along. Warms my heart although the life I have no subjected her too will be a harsh reality when she's older.

We sit in MU with a great view of the pitch. She turns to me Saturday, points at Q block and tells me she wants to sit over there! I also had to explain to her why the lad in front of me kept referring to the ref as a tosser and is tosser a rude word!

Love going footie! You R'sssssssss

Another couple of lives 'wasted'
Season ticket cancellation on 16:27 - Mar 15 with 1852 viewsstanistheman

Season ticket cancellation on 16:17 - Mar 15 by PinnerPaul

That IS a fair point, if people feel they have to protest to make themselves heard, then fair enough.

I suppose my point was that supporting the club, to me, is based on something rather more permanent and long lasting than a bad result and/or season.

Paul, I stated my reasons in my email to the club that it was a protest at Ferdinand and Hoos. It had nothing to do with last night's result not even this season, but more the last 9 seasons since Ferdinand was given the position of Head of Football Operations and later Director of Football.

I am hoping he goes in the summer.
Season ticket cancellation on 16:29 - Mar 15 with 1829 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Season ticket cancellation on 16:02 - Mar 15 by stanistheman

The point is that those two clubs got into the play offs whilst we have barely got into the top half.

Huddersfield were promoted once and arguably should have been again last season. Luton, Millwall and Blackburn currently in the play-off places, while we're losing 6-1 to arguably the worst side in the division.
Season ticket cancellation on 16:30 - Mar 15 with 1837 viewsstowmarketrange

Season ticket cancellation on 16:12 - Mar 15 by HuckerMotM2

In their darkest hour people you care about could kill themselves.....

You do realise that this is a football club you're talking about, don't you?

I know that it’s a football club.But it’s a football club that means an awful lot to some people.
I’m sure the fans of clubs like Bury and a few others would love to have a disaster of the season that our club have had.And if this club goes the same way as them,where will those people go to?

Our fanbase is like a big family,even though we don’t always get on together.It is the club that has brought all those people together,and if that club is taken away,it will mean heartbreak for a lot of people.Fans meet other fans and friends in pubs,bars and other places that they only ever see 20-23 times a year at qpr games.

As I said earlier,I’m not knocking people who have had enough and decide to walk away,but by how will walking away help the club to survive in the future?
Season ticket cancellation on 16:31 - Mar 15 with 1826 viewsPinnerPaul

Season ticket cancellation on 16:09 - Mar 15 by stanistheman

Paul, this isn't about last night but the direction under Ferdinand and Hoos.

Any other DoF and the fans would have been calling for him to be sacked. Ferdinand isn't or shouldn't be untouchable and I really don't understand why fans aren't calling for him to go. He sacks the managers and coaches he hires because they don't have the team challenging for promotion, yet no one on the Board seems to question him.

Fair enough, apologies, hadn't read your 2nd post, which expands on your reasons for walking away.

Obviously not how most of us feel, but fair enough and at least you're not insulting the rest of us or stating we need medical help for staying!

All the best and hope you can get back to LR when you feel and us feel happier!
Season ticket cancellation on 16:34 - Mar 15 with 1814 viewsPinnerPaul

Season ticket cancellation on 16:10 - Mar 15 by HuckerMotM2

The players will still earn a lot more than you, drive a nicer car, live in a bigger home in a nicer area and the board will still be as rich as they are if we win, lose or draw on Saturday or stay up or not in May...

Who actually needs us more than ever now?

If that's your attitude then watching any professional sport isn't really for you.

If what the participants earn is a factor in your enjoyment then maybe sport or indeed any form of professional entertainment isn't for you.
Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket cancellation on 16:34 - Mar 15 with 1817 viewsTheChef

Season ticket cancellation on 16:17 - Mar 15 by Blue_Castello

I wouldn't bother Essex, he's on a wind up and he's getting the responses he wants......

Exactly.

Anyway they'll be back soon as HuckerMOTM3; or whichever other user name they come up with.

Don't feed the troll.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Season ticket cancellation on 16:38 - Mar 15 with 1783 viewsHuckerMotM2

Season ticket cancellation on 16:34 - Mar 15 by TheChef

Exactly.

Anyway they'll be back soon as HuckerMOTM3; or whichever other user name they come up with.

Don't feed the troll.

Jesus Christ, I'm not a troll but someone who isn't part of your clique....

Not all QPR fans think alike, you know, but some of you definitely place far too much importance on the club... That's bloody obvious.

This site is one big circle jerk at times and that's why you can't harbour the notion that other opinions exist.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2023 16:41]
Season ticket cancellation on 16:40 - Mar 15 with 1772 viewsHuckerMotM2

Season ticket cancellation on 16:34 - Mar 15 by PinnerPaul

If that's your attitude then watching any professional sport isn't really for you.

If what the participants earn is a factor in your enjoyment then maybe sport or indeed any form of professional entertainment isn't for you.

Or maybe I find it possible to separate an ability to enjoy watching the sport with a hope that QPR do well from the issue consuming me?
Season ticket cancellation on 16:42 - Mar 15 with 1766 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I assume all those slagging off the OP are season ticket holders themselves?

He’s entitled to his view, entitled to say ‘he’s had enough.’ I don’t know how many years he’s been a ST holder, but we’re all getting older, and going is more demanding in terms of time, costs and hassle factor, so if the product is as consistently poor as it has been since the mid-90s, I guess he’s reached his breaking point.

Maybe it’s not such an easy decision. Might be one he and others have and will soon be balancing with huge bills to contend with. Heat, eat or QPR? Might be extreme, but I’m sure there are some of you facing this soon, so hopefully we won’t see any fans who pull the plug for financial reasons berated.

Frankly, the problem isn’t the OP, it’s the reasons why he and many more will not be renewing. QPR fans don’t care about silverware as much as they do about the club displaying a bit of pride and passion on the pitch, which can help hide the lack of professionalism off it.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Season ticket cancellation on 16:43 - Mar 15 with 1760 viewsHuckerMotM2

Season ticket cancellation on 16:30 - Mar 15 by stowmarketrange

I know that it’s a football club.But it’s a football club that means an awful lot to some people.
I’m sure the fans of clubs like Bury and a few others would love to have a disaster of the season that our club have had.And if this club goes the same way as them,where will those people go to?

Our fanbase is like a big family,even though we don’t always get on together.It is the club that has brought all those people together,and if that club is taken away,it will mean heartbreak for a lot of people.Fans meet other fans and friends in pubs,bars and other places that they only ever see 20-23 times a year at qpr games.

As I said earlier,I’m not knocking people who have had enough and decide to walk away,but by how will walking away help the club to survive in the future?

The club we started to support died a long time ago....

They also let you meet friends in pubs when QPR aren't playing too.
Season ticket cancellation on 16:52 - Mar 15 with 1734 viewsstanistheman

Season ticket cancellation on 16:29 - Mar 15 by Wegerles_Stairs

Huddersfield were promoted once and arguably should have been again last season. Luton, Millwall and Blackburn currently in the play-off places, while we're losing 6-1 to arguably the worst side in the division.

You're right Huddersfield were cheated out of the Premier League by dodgy VAR decisions.
Season ticket cancellation on 16:52 - Mar 15 with 1733 viewsstowmarketrange

Season ticket cancellation on 16:43 - Mar 15 by HuckerMotM2

The club we started to support died a long time ago....

They also let you meet friends in pubs when QPR aren't playing too.

So we should all just give up and not bother any more then because it’s not the same club that most of us started supporting?
Can the same be said for fans of Bournemouth and Brighton because they’re not in a ramshackle ground in the bottom division that they were when most fans started supporting those clubs?Would Brighton be where they are now if nobody went to the withdean because they were a different club to the one that used to play at the Goldstone ground?

All clubs go through peaks and troughs,so you have to enjoy the peaks and suffer the troughs.
Season ticket cancellation on 16:55 - Mar 15 with 1713 viewsPinnerPaul

Season ticket cancellation on 16:40 - Mar 15 by HuckerMotM2

Or maybe I find it possible to separate an ability to enjoy watching the sport with a hope that QPR do well from the issue consuming me?

You seemed to resent the fact that someone said they 'needed' us because they were earning more money than most of us - that applies to any team in the top 2 divs at least and to most professional sport and entertainment - my point was if you find the ability to support a club, go to see a film etc etc so strange because the participants don't 'need' your support financially, why bother with any form of paid entertainment?

If I only watched football because of my love of QPR as you imply, I would hardly be up for officiating nearly 700 games now would I - bit of a clue there that maybe my life and love of football in general is NOT 100% about QPR no?
Season ticket cancellation on 16:58 - Mar 15 with 1691 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Season ticket cancellation on 16:13 - Mar 15 by stanistheman

Leg room non existent and view is a pillar blocking the last 3rd of the penalty area.

So, one of the better ones, ya?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Season ticket cancellation on 17:05 - Mar 15 with 1652 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

This is probably my last season for a while as well as the boy is off to university so dont really fancy sitting on my Jack.
The club is so disjointed and drifting with no direction that it doesn't make me WANT to buy another ST for next year. It has become so poor that I actually get upset watching it now, I dont want my weekend ruined anymore or being taken the piss out of by Brentford fans.
I think i prefer to remember my boyhood team of Wilkins, Sinton, Parker, Ferdinand, Wilson, Macca, Bardsley, Barker, Wegerle etc etc, sitting with my Dad sharing a packet of chocolate than face the reality of what is happening to our club.

It currently feels that supporting QPR is like being in an abusive relationship, you think they'll change, they make promises, you want to believe them, things go well for a few months and then they revert to type. At some point you have to walk away, but you still love them deep down.

I still get that buzz when I see the ground, but I will probably keep the money and heat my house instead.

Until we win Saturday, and then I'll change my mind again. U Rs!
Season ticket cancellation on 17:12 - Mar 15 with 1609 viewsHuckerMotM2

Season ticket cancellation on 16:55 - Mar 15 by PinnerPaul

You seemed to resent the fact that someone said they 'needed' us because they were earning more money than most of us - that applies to any team in the top 2 divs at least and to most professional sport and entertainment - my point was if you find the ability to support a club, go to see a film etc etc so strange because the participants don't 'need' your support financially, why bother with any form of paid entertainment?

If I only watched football because of my love of QPR as you imply, I would hardly be up for officiating nearly 700 games now would I - bit of a clue there that maybe my life and love of football in general is NOT 100% about QPR no?

I don't resent what someone said, I just think that someone talking about the club as if they're a family member/friend with a significant illness is something grown adults with the vote should refrain from doing...

You want proof that some people have elevated QPR too far up in their lives? Anyone who speaks about the club in such terms is a case study.
Season ticket cancellation on 17:14 - Mar 15 with 1608 viewsWesty75

Season ticket cancellation on 15:53 - Mar 15 by kingsburyR

Ill be renewing.

My 10 year old daughter finally got the bug and loves going to LR regardless of the results. She's up singing and clapping along. Warms my heart although the life I have no subjected her too will be a harsh reality when she's older.

We sit in MU with a great view of the pitch. She turns to me Saturday, points at Q block and tells me she wants to sit over there! I also had to explain to her why the lad in front of me kept referring to the ref as a tosser and is tosser a rude word!

Love going footie! You R'sssssssss

With you mate. I’ll be there Saturday with my 9yo daughter. And season tickets next season whatever happens.
Season ticket cancellation on 17:17 - Mar 15 with 1596 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Great thread despite the usual extremes and generalisations.

I always renew and I feel the affinity is to the club and not the current players/management. After the euphoria and relief of Saturday I can't tell you how shell-shocked and numb I felt last night watching that. However, if Saturday is anything like last Saturday it will all be forgotten and that is football really. You go for those great moments and they, in general, make up for the many disappointments. Well, they do for me anyway. Clearly the OP feels differently and that is his prerogative. What I do find disappointing is that anyone disagreeing are deemed a clique or a happy clapper. When did life become so binary? Surely you can be unhappy yet still loyal?
Season ticket cancellation on 17:19 - Mar 15 with 1577 viewsParkRoyalR

Season ticket cancellation on 17:14 - Mar 15 by Westy75

With you mate. I’ll be there Saturday with my 9yo daughter. And season tickets next season whatever happens.

In the words of the great Billy Ocean....'when the going gets tough, the tough keep going'!
Season ticket cancellation on 17:27 - Mar 15 with 1535 viewsPunteR

Just to reiterate.. not renewing a season ticket doesnt mean theyve stopped supporting QPR. I haven't got a season ticket, havent for years and pick and choose games. Its perfectly reasonable to decide not to renew given the circus around the club atm plus finance is becoming a strain on everyone. Why not give the club some feedback as to why they've decided not to buy another season ticket.. ? I'm sure the club are more than aware of how fans feel via social media but who knows.?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Season ticket cancellation on 17:38 - Mar 15 with 1494 viewsRangersw12

Season ticket cancellation on 15:21 - Mar 15 by HuckerMotM2

If QPR is your entire life or plays such a significant role that you can't consider "walking away" or putting your hands up and admitting that "enough is enough" then that doesn't make you a loyal fan but someone who needs help.

There are so many different ways to spend a Saturday afternoon that doesn't involve spending hundreds/thousands of pounds a year watching a 11 men in Blue and White hoops.

Seriously, seek some bloody help if this is your life and will be until you die....

You have some front mocking people to get a life when you have multiple accounts on a messageboard FFS
Season ticket cancellation on 17:40 - Mar 15 with 1486 viewsRangersw12

Don't blame anyone for not renewing as this season really has been dire and reminds me of the late 90's

For me personally I go to have a few beers with my mates so the footballl is always secondary regardless
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024