Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket cancellation 12:45 - Mar 15 with 19449 viewsstanistheman

I have just sent an email cancelling my direct debit for next season.

I have included my reason in which I have sent a message about the running of the club by the failure of a Director of Football and the role of Lee Hoos.

8 seasons of failing to make even the top 8 let alone the playoffs whilst thee Ed likes of Huddersfield Barnsley and Luton have. I am sick of listening to their excuses about finances and the stadium. They have failed and keep sacking and appointing new managers/head coaches , rebuilding the squad and getting nowhere.
I have asked they bring that to the attention of the Chairman.

I just received a reply saying sorry you do not wish to renew your season ticket and thanks for letting us know.

I wonder if any other fans will be cancelling or at least letting the club know their views on Ferdinand and Hoos’ running of the club over the last 8 seasons.

If we do nothing then we cannot expect to see anything different as we carry on with mediocre seasons and their pathetic excuses when clubs like Huddersfield Barnsley Luton
Brentford Bournemouth make the playoffs and premier league.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2023 12:52]
Season ticket cancellation on 17:53 - Mar 15 with 2687 viewsstowmarketrange

Season ticket cancellation on 17:12 - Mar 15 by HuckerMotM2

I don't resent what someone said, I just think that someone talking about the club as if they're a family member/friend with a significant illness is something grown adults with the vote should refrain from doing...

You want proof that some people have elevated QPR too far up in their lives? Anyone who speaks about the club in such terms is a case study.

Who are you to judge how some people feel about the club?Just because you have an opinion where the club isn’t important to you,some people might have a different opinion.
I was the first generation of qpr fan in my family,but a lot of people on here have gone with their parents and grandparents,who might not be around any more,and all they remember of those lost friends and relations is qpr and going to games with them.
For some fans the club is all they might have in life,so who are we to judge other people’s attitudes to qpr and football in general.
Season ticket cancellation on 17:58 - Mar 15 with 2642 viewsfrancisbowles

Stan

You made a big statement a couple of weeks ago which I have copied and pasted below:

'As for next season, I will cancel my ST direct debit in April and don’t plan on watching any English football, just maybe a few games in European leagues such as Serie A, La Liga and one or two other countries, especially if QPR get relegated. Then maybe gradually wean myself off from watching football altogether.'

So you have just made another big statement and have kept your promise of cancelling your st. However, as I said in reply at that time, if you want to wean yourself off the Rrrrs and football in general, then perhaps you ought to stop reading and posting on this forum.
Season ticket cancellation on 18:11 - Mar 15 with 2586 viewsted_hendrix

I sympathize with the OP and fully understand where he Is coming from.

Looking at the performances from the majoity of our players last night and their apparent indifference as to why they were there on the pitch I would say that the majority of those 'players' would rather not be at QPR FC too.

I use the term 'players' "loosely"

My first game was 1958 zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (yawn)
I went with my big Brother zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz(yawn)
I haven't got a ST now nor has my big Brother or my dead Auntie and her dead husband Bob.
zzzzzzZZZzzzzzzz (yawn)

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Season ticket cancellation on 18:16 - Mar 15 with 2558 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Season ticket cancellation on 14:57 - Mar 15 by PunteR

Stan has just said he's cancelling his season ticket.( I don't blame him).
He's still Rangers.

Do you know what, posters on this site mock other fans for even suggesting protests because of the current mess the club is in but then also take the piss out of fans for doing something like cancelling their own tickets which I would imagine is not an easy decision . Or maybe it was an easy decision after Blackpool..?

[Post edited 15 Mar 2023 15:08]

This. Whether you agree with Stan or not, he has his reasons and some pretty good ones. In these times of rising prices, the board can't expect folk to keep dishing out their hard earned despite mismanaging the club and serving up dross on the pitch. Not everyone has access to Concession prices.

On a side note, I find the 'community' angle baffling. There's a whole host of better (not to mention cheaper) ways of helping out those less fortunate than ourselves than handing your money over to QPR. I pay to watch the team; nothing more, nothing less. Anyone who claims that they're doing it for the community work is frankly deluding themselves.
Season ticket cancellation on 18:18 - Mar 15 with 2540 viewspaulparker

Season ticket cancellation on 15:11 - Mar 15 by Lblock

Sorry to interrupt your condescending approach but where has Stan has said losing like a bunch of kuntz last night has him chucking his ST in?

He has ACTUALLY stated the drip drip effect of EIGHT years has now reached saturation point and he is exiting stage left as a ST holder..... I'm sure QPR will still be his club for life.

The only thing missing from a few sanctimonious posts here is "fcuk off and support Chelscum" but I'm sure that's coming

RTID but I'm out as a regular before they actually make me die.

The club could Sh1t through his letter box and he would be all giddy
Fair play to the OP , this lot have taken the p1ss for ages , and I don’t blame others who follow him either

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Season ticket cancellation on 18:21 - Mar 15 with 2542 viewsNorthernr

Season ticket cancellation on 17:38 - Mar 15 by Rangersw12

You have some front mocking people to get a life when you have multiple accounts on a messageboard FFS

Yeh it's an interesting juxtaposition isn't it, showing how rich and fulfilled your life is compared to other QPR fans and how little you care about the club these days by spending time registering multiple accounts on a QPR message board and using them to belittle other people's life choices.

Mind you, this latest one is registered with a fake email address that starts CliveisaPoof@ so I think you can see the sort of calibre of person we're/I'm dealing with here.
Season ticket cancellation on 18:25 - Mar 15 with 2504 viewsPaddyhoops

I’ll be renewing. It’s a form of self flagilation at the moment but it’s non negotiable.
Season ticket cancellation on 18:26 - Mar 15 with 2469 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Season ticket cancellation on 18:21 - Mar 15 by Northernr

Yeh it's an interesting juxtaposition isn't it, showing how rich and fulfilled your life is compared to other QPR fans and how little you care about the club these days by spending time registering multiple accounts on a QPR message board and using them to belittle other people's life choices.

Mind you, this latest one is registered with a fake email address that starts CliveisaPoof@ so I think you can see the sort of calibre of person we're/I'm dealing with here.

Wow.
Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket cancellation on 18:42 - Mar 15 with 2429 viewsnumptydumpty

Understand your frustrations Stan but only one game ago, the performance was brilliant.

Last night was dire as have been many other games this season.

I have a season ticket and have done for many seasons now but I doubt I also will renew.

My partner, her family and a more than passing interest in my local rugby club mean I think probably only go to half the games next season as the sheer cost of a season ticket is not worth it if you go to less than 80% of home games and the motivation spend lot my Saturdays going up on my tod these days and two hour journey both ways has become more and more unappealing as the season has gone on.

I have decided not to go this Saturday but hope we can win and am likely to go next home game.

But yes the season ticket is also a big expense in these not so great economic times anyhow so understand why.

But hope you will come up to a fair number of games.

You know realistically you can't stay away for too long !!!!
[Post edited 15 Mar 2023 18:46]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Season ticket cancellation on 18:53 - Mar 15 with 2381 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Shame we don’t know the LFW names of those using multiple accounts.

I’ve got an idea on one poster who I think uses multiple accounts and I’ve simply hit the ignore button(s) for them/him.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Season ticket cancellation on 19:15 - Mar 15 with 2343 viewsNorthantsHoop

I am not going to cancel my season ticket, really hoping that Ainsworth is going to get the spark back into the Rangers, but it is going to take a while. The experience of going to the club I have supported since childhood being a Northolt boy and now pushing 60 is still enjoyable. For me even though it is a 60 mile journey to home games it is still enjoyable meeting old mates, other fans etc. I sometimes go to Northampton Town games, know a lot of their supporters and believe me they have the same gripes about their club, lack of investment, unfinished stand debacle and concerns over their owners. They are in a decent position in League 2 pushing for promotion but have real doubts that they will not survive in League 1 based on misgivings on investment etc. So what I am saying is this is not unique to QPR and is probably mirrored around the country, but what brings it into focus more is all our nearest neighbours are sort of booming, while we are stuck in a continual groundhog day.
Season ticket cancellation on 19:38 - Mar 15 with 2223 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

‘Cliveisapoof’

Season ticket cancellation on 20:00 - Mar 15 with 2141 viewsLowerloftLad

Me and my Dad are not renewing next season. We will still do around three to five home games a season and one or two away games.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2023 20:03]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Season ticket cancellation on 20:08 - Mar 15 with 2100 viewsHoosWho

Yeah, everyone should jack in their season tickets. Best only support a team constantly winning eh? “Fans” like that should stick to Manchester clubs or Liverpool. Or if you want real certainty, why not go support Celtic?

Most clubs have long periods of ups and often longer periods of downs. If all fans were like the op Sunderland, Bolton, Bradford, Charlton etc would be out of business, as would we.
Season ticket cancellation on 20:44 - Mar 15 with 1941 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Pretty certain I won't be renewing either. Was a season ticket holder back in the early 90s then life got in the way. Got a season ticket again when I stopped playing football at weekends and I do love the experience of watching games in a stadium but I'll probably pick and choose my games next year. It's become a chore to go sometimes which is a terrible thing to say but let's face it, this season has been predominantly awful. Nothing but admiration for those who follow them all around the country. Can't imagine what last night (and the journey back) was like.
Season ticket cancellation on 20:49 - Mar 15 with 1927 viewsnix

Wow that's stalker level weird.

Obviously someone fulfilled and full of purpose in their lives.
Season ticket cancellation on 20:55 - Mar 15 with 1903 viewsNorthernr

Season ticket cancellation on 20:49 - Mar 15 by nix

Hmmm, yes quite. Expect little less from the people that previously brought us the “I was next to you in the toilets the other night, you would have had no idea it was me, you looked even more miserable than normal” classic, as if that was some kind of gotcha, rather than just one of the weirdest things I’ve ever read on here.
Season ticket cancellation on 21:11 - Mar 15 with 1819 viewsdistortR

Season ticket cancellation on 19:38 - Mar 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

‘Cliveisapoof’

The hat reminds me of Mick McCarthy.
Season ticket cancellation on 21:23 - Mar 15 with 1767 viewsR_from_afar

Season ticket cancellation on 15:53 - Mar 15 by kingsburyR

Ill be renewing.

My 10 year old daughter finally got the bug and loves going to LR regardless of the results. She's up singing and clapping along. Warms my heart although the life I have no subjected her too will be a harsh reality when she's older.

We sit in MU with a great view of the pitch. She turns to me Saturday, points at Q block and tells me she wants to sit over there! I also had to explain to her why the lad in front of me kept referring to the ref as a tosser and is tosser a rude word!

Love going footie! You R'sssssssss

A wonderfully uplifting post, thank you for bringing some light into the gloom but more than that, thank you for introducing your daughter to our quirky club

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Season ticket cancellation on 21:37 - Mar 15 with 1726 viewsqpr_1968

just got in from blackpool......poxy 6 hour drive, hour of it in london.
not much i can add thats already been said. few left on 12 minutes, a good few at half time.
and thats just the players.

seriously though, i know how the op feels, but i had a good 3 days, and if it wasnt for qpr i wouldnt have been there.

i'll keep going, i've got no where else to go, but after following the r's for 54 years i'd be lost without them.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Season ticket cancellation on 21:49 - Mar 15 with 1675 viewsslmrstid

No criticism from me for those who want to give it up for a while, and no criticism for those who still go to every game either.

We all want to be at different levels in everything in life in what we do and that's fine - I'm happy with my season ticket for now, I very rarely do away games at the minute as my wife isn't a QPR fan so I like having at least every other Saturday with her doing other stuff.

I missed the Watford game because I was running in a national championships race for my county - for that day the running was more important than football. Other times I will miss things with family/friends because it clashes with a home game and I want to be at Loftus Road.

I've been going to QPR with my Dad since I was 9, we've had our season tickets for 24 years now (gulp). One day he won't be around anymore to do that with - unless finances/other commitments dictate otherwise that will probably be the day I really think about stopping, because I'm not sure I could do it on my own. How good, or rubbish, we are is secondary.

But hopefully that day is a long way away.

We are rubbish at the moment, but one day we will be good again.

Hopefully that day is not too far away!
Season ticket cancellation on 21:54 - Mar 15 with 1667 viewswombat

Season ticket cancellation on 16:38 - Mar 15 by HuckerMotM2

Jesus Christ, I'm not a troll but someone who isn't part of your clique....

Not all QPR fans think alike, you know, but some of you definitely place far too much importance on the club... That's bloody obvious.

This site is one big circle jerk at times and that's why you can't harbour the notion that other opinions exist.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2023 16:41]

Scotty is that you ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Season ticket cancellation on 21:57 - Mar 15 with 1651 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Season ticket cancellation on 20:49 - Mar 15 by nix

I was thinking this yesterday when I was peeping at Clive using the urinal.

Two shakes if you’re asking and he didn’t wash his hands.
Season ticket cancellation on 22:11 - Mar 15 with 1605 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Season ticket cancellation on 21:57 - Mar 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

I was thinking this yesterday when I was peeping at Clive using the urinal.

Two shakes if you’re asking and he didn’t wash his hands.

Ah, but did he wash yours?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Season ticket cancellation on 22:47 - Mar 15 with 1522 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Season ticket cancellation on 16:12 - Mar 15 by HuckerMotM2

In their darkest hour people you care about could kill themselves.....

You do realise that this is a football club you're talking about, don't you?

I’m really, really sorry for biting at this because that’s clearly what this weirdo is after but I can’t help myself, I had to point out how grotesque this post is.

You don’t have to relate to this club like others do and of course there will be huge variances between us on how we feel about it but you have absolutely no right to judge anyone for how they feel about QPR. If you are the type of person that absolutely has to do that, you should keep those judgments to yourself.

This club goes way, way beyond wins, losses and draws or even promotions and relegations. It’s a community that can offer hope and purpose to people devoid of hope and purpose. It’s a forever constant in bonds between people and family that end up enriched beyond any comparison.

I hate it when we’re shit but I’ll never turn my back on this club for everything it has done for me over the years. It’s a part of me and I’m a part of it. I’m proud to say that and always will be. I don’t care what you think of that so don’t bother telling me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024