Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell & Kakay 12:03 - May 11 with 13226 viewsCamberleyR

Have made the worst Championship XI of the season...

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Dozzell & Kakay on 12:09 - May 11 with 5593 viewsbenhurst

Seems very harsh on Kakay, I don't think he's been awful this season
Dozzell & Kakay on 12:11 - May 11 with 5553 viewsDorse

No one going to mention QPR alumnus Conor Washington leading the line?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Dozzell & Kakay on 12:20 - May 11 with 5498 viewsdaveB

Whats that based on? Seems harsh on Kakay
Ryan Woods in it as well, always liked him but not even sure who he plays for anymore
Dozzell & Kakay on 12:21 - May 11 with 5473 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Quite surprised to see Bradley Dack in there. Not surprised to see Conor Washington.
Dozzell & Kakay on 12:26 - May 11 with 5456 viewsozexile

Harsh on Kakay I thought has was ok. There's nothing really to be said On Dozzell it's all been said a thousand times.
Dozzell & Kakay on 12:26 - May 11 with 5438 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I'm surprised Dozzell can even make a worst XI. How can they tell?????
Dozzell & Kakay on 12:27 - May 11 with 5453 viewsTacticalR

Dozzell & Kakay on 12:20 - May 11 by daveB

Whats that based on? Seems harsh on Kakay
Ryan Woods in it as well, always liked him but not even sure who he plays for anymore

Ryan Woods? How the mighty have fallen.

Air hostess clique

Dozzell & Kakay on 12:41 - May 11 with 5363 viewsAntti_Heinola

One of the worst things about modern football is the separation between fans and players due to money creates resentment and anger, because fans expect something to be great because they've paid good money, like you would if you bought an expensive sofa or a nice car. If you were to buy an expensive sofa or a nice car and it was rubbish, you'd justifiably complain and probably get your money back. Because football treats us like consumers, we start acting that way too, and the end result is horrible sh!t like this. Imagine being any of those players and seeing that, nonchalantly posted for everyone to point and laugh at. It's really depressing.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Dozzell & Kakay on 12:48 - May 11 with 5297 viewsOakR

Dozzell & Kakay on 12:41 - May 11 by Antti_Heinola

One of the worst things about modern football is the separation between fans and players due to money creates resentment and anger, because fans expect something to be great because they've paid good money, like you would if you bought an expensive sofa or a nice car. If you were to buy an expensive sofa or a nice car and it was rubbish, you'd justifiably complain and probably get your money back. Because football treats us like consumers, we start acting that way too, and the end result is horrible sh!t like this. Imagine being any of those players and seeing that, nonchalantly posted for everyone to point and laugh at. It's really depressing.

I think you've always needed a degree of mental toughness to play at this level, to cope with the crowd, pressure etc.

Since social media though and things like this, I wonder how many players are additionally affected, some of it can now be constant 24/7 abuse or criticism which must be hard to deal with, when all friends and family can see it also.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Dozzell & Kakay on 13:09 - May 11 with 5165 viewsjohnhoop

Dozzell & Kakay on 12:21 - May 11 by Benny_the_Ball

Quite surprised to see Bradley Dack in there. Not surprised to see Conor Washington.

Me too. Dack was always the standout player for Blackburn when we played them a few seasons ago and practically ran the game in midfield.
Dozzell & Kakay on 13:18 - May 11 with 5091 viewspaulparker

Oh poor them
Perhaps they might want to look at it and try and be better but I won’t hold my breath
They deserve all the ridicule we are the saps who pay good money to watch them try and play professional football and get nothing back
The only surprises with this team is it didn’t include more of our first team

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Dozzell & Kakay on 13:21 - May 11 with 5097 viewsSuperhoops2808

Its the toxic environment of football fanbase sadly

I agree fully with what you have said - I have just flicked to this from another thread where some of the comments on this site are shocking. I will let you guess which one.

Someone on this thread says you need a certain amount of mental toughness... Why is that then? Who are we to say someone can only play football if they are happy to take dogs abuse. Makes me angry
Dozzell & Kakay on 13:21 - May 11 with 5097 viewsGaryBannister86

Very fair point Antii. It can't do either Kakay or Dozzell much good. On the other hand (to totally reflect your point!) they get paid handsomely to be pretty darn average so I am not going to cry for them too much. You could argue they have got lucky to be professional footballers in the second tier.

Hasn't it always been the same in football? Haven't there always been fodder for the boo boys and universal criticism, even before modern football? Always remember my Dad banging on about Ernie Howe, Terry Mancini and that Chelsea keeper - was it Bonetti? Turnip Taylor...etc etc. Comes with the territory, I say.
Dozzell & Kakay on 13:30 - May 11 with 5030 viewsAntti_Heinola

Dozzell & Kakay on 12:48 - May 11 by OakR

I think you've always needed a degree of mental toughness to play at this level, to cope with the crowd, pressure etc.

Since social media though and things like this, I wonder how many players are additionally affected, some of it can now be constant 24/7 abuse or criticism which must be hard to deal with, when all friends and family can see it also.

We all need mental toughness in our life, that's irrelevant really - whether a player can ;'deal with it' or not, is besides the point. I can't think of anyone who's courted publicity or ever been anything less than completely honest and proferssikonal as Ossie. This is just horrible - I'm guessing it's based on how many points you won per game in your team, but the tweet doesn't say that. This is more about looking at the reasons why this sort of cruelness is now so commonplace.

Bare bones.

Dozzell & Kakay on 13:32 - May 11 with 5009 viewsEsox_Lucius

Dozzell & Kakay on 12:48 - May 11 by OakR

I was actually talking to Kakay about this very thing after the game on Monday. He, and the other players, get that it is only some of the fanbase posting these cowardly attacks on players & staff but he said it is still something that preys on their minds. One of the ways he, and some of the others cope is counselling and media awareness meetings along with his choice of reading and rereading The Chimp Paradox book to reinforce his mental strength.
I had an almost identical conversation with Armand Traore the season before he left QPR and this merely reinforces my strongly held opinion that the players do NOT get any better after reading some of the vitriol directed their way by cowards who would only say it to their faces if there were witnesses to make sure they didn't have to account for their abuse.

The grass is always greener.

Dozzell & Kakay on 13:35 - May 11 with 4983 viewsAntti_Heinola

Dozzell & Kakay on 13:21 - May 11 by GaryBannister86

Very fair point Antii. It can't do either Kakay or Dozzell much good. On the other hand (to totally reflect your point!) they get paid handsomely to be pretty darn average so I am not going to cry for them too much. You could argue they have got lucky to be professional footballers in the second tier.

Hasn't it always been the same in football? Haven't there always been fodder for the boo boys and universal criticism, even before modern football? Always remember my Dad banging on about Ernie Howe, Terry Mancini and that Chelsea keeper - was it Bonetti? Turnip Taylor...etc etc. Comes with the territory, I say.

Well, I don't agree mate, sorry. That's sort of my point - I don't think 'they get paid handsomely so it's ok to ridicule them on social media' really makes much sense.
I also think it's a bit different to the old days of fans complaining about players. It was extraordonarily rare to outright boo your own player, so while I'm sure some players felt discontent from the terraces, it wasn't quite like this.

Bare bones.

Dozzell & Kakay on 13:37 - May 11 with 4970 viewsOakR

Dozzell & Kakay on 13:21 - May 11 by Superhoops2808

Its the toxic environment of football fanbase sadly

I agree fully with what you have said - I have just flicked to this from another thread where some of the comments on this site are shocking. I will let you guess which one.

Someone on this thread says you need a certain amount of mental toughness... Why is that then? Who are we to say someone can only play football if they are happy to take dogs abuse. Makes me angry

That was me.

I said I think you've always needed some, rightly or wrongly, I think it's true.

In terms of abuse players get I agree with you and Antii, I don't think it's right, my point was about how many players are additional affected it by it now.

You can easily expand this to refereees, linespeople, lots of it completely unacceptable.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Dozzell & Kakay on 13:59 - May 11 with 4877 viewsWatford_Ranger

Absolute gimps who do this podcast.

Not wrong about Dozzell though.
Dozzell & Kakay on 14:06 - May 11 with 4837 viewsstevec

That’ll probably be the DOFs summer wish list.
Dozzell & Kakay on 14:10 - May 11 with 4816 viewsR_from_afar

Dozzell & Kakay on 13:09 - May 11 by johnhoop

Me too. Dack was always the standout player for Blackburn when we played them a few seasons ago and practically ran the game in midfield.

I knew Dack had had a torrid time with injuries so I looked up the details:
- December 2019: He did his right ACL
- March 2021: He did his left ACL.
That must take some adjusting to. His wedding was even delayed by one of his ACL injuries.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Dozzell & Kakay on 14:12 - May 11 with 4798 viewsR_from_afar

Good points!

It's very hard on Kakay, in my view, who always seems to try his best and who makes himself available for selection whenever possible.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Dozzell & Kakay on 14:19 - May 11 with 4773 viewsaston_hoop

Stuff like this brings to mind the Clarke Carlisle 'Under the Cosh' interview where he talked about the fact his mental state could be improved or ruined by the score out of 10 the local paper would give him.

I'm amazed in 2023 that people still don't realise that mental health issues don't give a fck how much money you earn!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Dozzell & Kakay on 14:21 - May 11 with 4767 viewsAntti_Heinola

Dozzell & Kakay on 14:12 - May 11 by R_from_afar

Good points!

It's very hard on Kakay, in my view, who always seems to try his best and who makes himself available for selection whenever possible.

Like a lot of things, fans form opinions based on either very little (body language on the pitch, or some other nebulous 'evidence') or maybe some second hand hearsay.

I don't believe a single one of us know anything about Dozzell. He's struggled, other than a brief period in the autumn under Warbs, where he was ok, but we have no idea if he works hard, or how his attitude is. I just find some of the outright hatred on this board a bit disturbing sometimes.

Bare bones.

Dozzell & Kakay on 14:23 - May 11 with 4748 viewsRs_Holy

Dozzell & Kakay on 12:11 - May 11 by Dorse

No one going to mention QPR alumnus Conor Washington leading the line?

Washington is a League 1 player... His stats in that division are respectable.
Dozzell & Kakay on 14:49 - May 11 with 4637 viewsSuperhoops2808

Dozzell & Kakay on 13:18 - May 11 by paulparker

Oh poor them
Perhaps they might want to look at it and try and be better but I won’t hold my breath
They deserve all the ridicule we are the saps who pay good money to watch them try and play professional football and get nothing back
The only surprises with this team is it didn’t include more of our first team

How about we do a team of 11 of the least constructive posters on this forum

I am quickly coming to the conclusion I would make you my Captain!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024