Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it time? 03:50 - Jul 10 with 1919 viewsSydneyRs

To have separate message boards for QPR and non QPR related things such as politics, speculation over who the BBC person is, anything else etc which sometimes turn quite unpleasant. I know other sites do this.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2023 3:59]
Is it time? on 04:29 - Jul 10 with 1867 viewsessextaxiboy

No , it's the close season . Not all non QPR are contentious or edgy .We have a lot of expertise and experience and often help and advise when asked We empathise when a poster loses someone and we tell jokes .
It's a place for differences of opinion , some subject are personal for some and they will get passionate about it , We are all different , bound by one part of our life , this crazy team . If it ain't broke don't fix it ... IMO
Is it time? on 04:47 - Jul 10 with 1860 viewsHoopsie

Maybe if you separate them there won't be much on QPR related stuff - it is more of the ashes, bbc presenter, all-ireland, corny jokes etc; even QPR related topics are full of things other than the football or the club.

The frankie friday thread is over 549 pages (25 threads per page) long started in 2014 and still going, well i visited oneBoro middlesbrough fans forum (to look up Dieng's imminent transfer and what were they saying about him) their 2023 transfer rumours thread alone is 505+ pages (15 threads per page) still translate to 303 pages for 25 threads per page whereas our own summer transfer top is 32 pages tops at the moment.

I guess the website tab simply says "forum" so it is not really a fans forum website but a fans club website. the former you will have segregated forums for different chat topics not unlike WATRB QPR fans website and the latter which is fans QPR website the forum is not the main thing but the match reports, ratings, commentary, news are the main things.

No need to change.

Poll: 4-0 “Come on, own up. Who saw that coming?” Derbyhoop

Is it time? on 06:11 - Jul 10 with 1825 viewsNorthernr

The solution is not to separate them, it's to stop them turning quite unpleasant.
Is it time? on 07:42 - Jul 10 with 1719 viewsLoyalitat

Is it time? on 04:29 - Jul 10 by essextaxiboy

No , it's the close season . Not all non QPR are contentious or edgy .We have a lot of expertise and experience and often help and advise when asked We empathise when a poster loses someone and we tell jokes .
It's a place for differences of opinion , some subject are personal for some and they will get passionate about it , We are all different , bound by one part of our life , this crazy team . If it ain't broke don't fix it ... IMO

Totally agree. Keep as it is.
Is it time? on 09:05 - Jul 10 with 1615 viewsBluce_Ree

If it wasn't an enormous ballache for Clive, the best thing would be ditching this forum software altogether and having a standard forum with different sections. QPR chat at the top, away team chat after and off-topic last.

I don't know if that's how WATRB does it, I've not been there in many years but I assume it's how most other forums work.

If this forum was QPR chat only it'd suck enormous amounts of arse though. Especially based on the football we get served up.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Is it time? on 09:08 - Jul 10 with 1608 viewsNorthernr

Is it time? on 09:05 - Jul 10 by Bluce_Ree

If it wasn't an enormous ballache for Clive, the best thing would be ditching this forum software altogether and having a standard forum with different sections. QPR chat at the top, away team chat after and off-topic last.

I don't know if that's how WATRB does it, I've not been there in many years but I assume it's how most other forums work.

If this forum was QPR chat only it'd suck enormous amounts of arse though. Especially based on the football we get served up.

Yeh and I hate those separated out forums TBH with you. Like being asked to move into different rooms/tables at the pub depending on what you want to talk about. There's also inevitably always one bit that's busier than the others so people congregate there and get aggy when their topic gets moved to another bit. More trouble than it's worth. Like I say, as long as people treat each other with respect this one works fine.
Is it time? on 09:13 - Jul 10 with 1572 viewsBluce_Ree

Fair enough.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Is it time? on 09:17 - Jul 10 with 1553 viewsR_from_afar

I don't think anything needs to change.

Starting the title of a new thread with "Off topic" helps people focus on the football and steer clear of debates about rough pubs or Sue Perkins.

The "off topic" approach also makes it easy to find sanctuary when the wheels are falling off Rangers!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Login to get fewer ads

Is it time? on 09:37 - Jul 10 with 1473 viewsDannyPaddox

The ‘Flat-roofed Sue Perkins’ thread was one of the best.
Is it time? on 10:26 - Jul 10 with 1322 viewsMick_S

Is it time? on 09:37 - Jul 10 by DannyPaddox

The ‘Flat-roofed Sue Perkins’ thread was one of the best.

Did I mention I was on an Aer Lingus flight with Suzy-baby?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Is it time? on 10:32 - Jul 10 with 1302 viewsDannyPaddox

Is it time? on 10:26 - Jul 10 by Mick_S

Did I mention I was on an Aer Lingus flight with Suzy-baby?

How long did it take her before she asked for naked photos?
Is it time? on 10:38 - Jul 10 with 1274 viewsMick_S

Is it time? on 10:32 - Jul 10 by DannyPaddox

How long did it take her before she asked for naked photos?

Did you mean bake off? Easily done.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Is it time? on 10:47 - Jul 10 with 1249 viewsthame_hoops

Brexit- Good or bad?
Is it time? on 10:48 - Jul 10 with 1244 viewsNorthernr

Is it time? on 10:47 - Jul 10 by thame_hoops

Brexit- Good or bad?

Is it time? on 10:51 - Jul 10 with 1235 viewsSonofpugwash

I am sometimes dismayed by the complete lack of a gardening page.

Otherwise it's fine.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Is it time? on 10:54 - Jul 10 with 1224 viewsloftboy

Is it time? on 10:51 - Jul 10 by Sonofpugwash

Otherwise it's fine.

I hate gardening,only got a small back yard which the Mrs has filled with flowers, if it was down to me it would just be concrete.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2023 10:54]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Is it time? on 11:02 - Jul 10 with 1184 viewsBoston

Is it time? on 10:51 - Jul 10 by Sonofpugwash

Otherwise it's fine.

Spent a very pleasant twenty minutes dead heading my magnolia's yesterday, as it 'appens.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Is it time? on 11:05 - Jul 10 with 1171 viewsdmm

Is it time? on 11:02 - Jul 10 by Boston

Spent a very pleasant twenty minutes dead heading my magnolia's yesterday, as it 'appens.

I've never heard it called that before
Is it time? on 11:31 - Jul 10 with 1102 viewsTacticalR

Is it time to remove any discussion of football from this message board? It's really getting me down.

Air hostess clique

Is it time? on 11:32 - Jul 10 with 1092 viewsSydneyRs

Is it time? on 09:17 - Jul 10 by R_from_afar

I don't think anything needs to change.

Starting the title of a new thread with "Off topic" helps people focus on the football and steer clear of debates about rough pubs or Sue Perkins.

The "off topic" approach also makes it easy to find sanctuary when the wheels are falling off Rangers!

Ahh Sue Perkins, message board folklore!
Is it time? on 11:47 - Jul 10 with 1043 viewsJuzzie

If there's a topic you don't like or don't want to partake in, just don't get involved.

Having separate sections won't stop all the unpleasant threads, they'd still exist and still have to be moderated which means Clive still has the same amount of work to do.

The best form of moderation is each individual, but we've seen that's not possible sadly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024