Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U's up and running tonight against the Dons 18:49 - Aug 15 with 2834 viewsdurham_exile

Before we focus on the first home game of the season against the Dons this evening let’s just relive a couple of moments from the weekend match at Valley Parade.

Now a few facts included not to excuse the result but to put things into context. After the weather intervention that forced the Swindon postponement the U’s spent 20 hours in their coach travelling to Cardiff and then to Bradford. They played 105 minutes at Cardiff and 118 at Bradford.

Perhaps unlucky not to have shaded the game in the Welsh Capital, the suspension for three matches of Samson Tovide has hit the club hard.

More though was the defeat at Bradford where in the first half the U’s ran the Bantams ragged and should have been two goals to the good before the referee managed to find 9 additional minutes at the end of the first half.

BG lined up:
Goodman
Lawrence Dallison Hall
Tchamadeu Bandeira Read Iandolo
Chilvers
Hopper Taylor

Subs:
Hornby Kazeem Février Jay Ihionvien Akinde Greenidge
Bandeira off Fevrier on 65 mins
Hopper off Akinde on 65 mins
Taylor off Ihionvien on 75 mins
Iandolo off Jay on 84 mins
Dallison off Greenidge on 85 mins

The U’s started well out of the blocks and Taylor was very exciting to watch. Pacy, inventive, hard working and a real live wire. He deserved his goal and was aided by the classy Bandeira.

However, Arthur Read was undoubtedly the best player on the field. His challenges were spot on and his distribution to either wing was impressive.

Nico Lawrence is pacy and gets forward well, unfortunately on occasions he can be caught out of position and then sprints to get goal side of the attacker.

I thought Hall was a little ponderous on the ball particularly second half. Chilvers worked hard but lacked the killer pass when well placed.

That brings us to Junior Tchamadeu. Now I really don’t know what the situation is at Stoke. They either want him or not and will either part with £1.5m or not. I suggested on Saturday that he should be left on the bench because however hard he tries to suggest otherwise he wants to go and we didn’t see any of those lung busting runs on Saturday that we saw in abundance last season and he should have scored as well.

Our signing from Charlton Mandela Egbo (eligible to play tonight) suggest that Junior will be going this week.

Mark Hughes was clearly under pressure and was rightly booked for his behaviour in the first half. Of course, once they took the lead he was sweetness and light.

So, another defeat at Valley Parade and a game that like last season we dominated for long periods but could not turn our superiority into goals.

Tonight, brings AFC Wimbledon under Johnnie Jackson and with Harry Pell in their ranks to the JCS.

Let’s go with:

Goodman

Egbo Dallison Hall

Lawrence Badeira Read Iandolo

Chilvers

Akinde Taylor

Subs
Hornby Kazeem Greenidge Hopper Ihionvien Fevrier Jay

Weather will be dry, 20 degrees Celsius and sunshine

Score Col U 2 Wimbledon 0
Taylor and Bandeira

Enjoy the game

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

U's up and running tonight against the Dons on 18:55 - Aug 15 with 2004 viewsdurham_exile

Well Junior is hanging on in there

Goodman
Lawrence Dallison Hall
Tchamadeu Bandeira Read Fevrier
Chilvers
Akinde Taylor

Subs
Hornby Greenidge Jay Hopper Egbo Kazeem Ihionvien

Up the U's

Durham_exile

U's up and running tonight against the Dons on 20:12 - Aug 15 with 1965 viewsdurham_exile

U's up and running tonight against the Dons on 18:55 - Aug 15 by durham_exile

Well Junior is hanging on in there

Goodman
Lawrence Dallison Hall
Tchamadeu Bandeira Read Fevrier
Chilvers
Akinde Taylor

Subs
Hornby Greenidge Jay Hopper Egbo Kazeem Ihionvien

Up the U's

Wimbledon look strong
They are better than the Bantams.

We must hold onto the ball much better.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

U's up and running tonight against the Dons on 20:20 - Aug 15 with 1957 viewsdurham_exile

U's up and running tonight against the Dons on 20:12 - Aug 15 by durham_exile

Wimbledon look strong
They are better than the Bantams.

We must hold onto the ball much better.

Up the U's

Good run from Fevrier and Taylor hits the outside of the post.

Durham_exile

U's up and running tonight against the Dons on 20:31 - Aug 15 with 1952 viewsdurham_exile

U's up and running tonight against the Dons on 20:20 - Aug 15 by durham_exile

Good run from Fevrier and Taylor hits the outside of the post.

HT 0-0

Durham_exile

U's up and running tonight against the Dons on 20:34 - Aug 15 with 1947 viewsWitham

Wimbledon should be out of sight but fortunately Al-Hamadi is having a mare
U's up and running tonight against the Dons on 20:36 - Aug 15 with 1944 viewsgerry_us

U's up and running tonight against the Dons on 20:31 - Aug 15 by durham_exile

HT 0-0

U's shots 5, Wimbledon shots 15.
Wow, we are thrashing them
U's up and running tonight against the Dons on 20:56 - Aug 15 with 1924 viewsdurham_exile

Wimbledon one up

Durham_exile

U's up and running tonight against the Dons on 21:00 - Aug 15 with 1918 viewsdurham_exile

Chilvers needs to be much stronger and creative.

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

U's up and running tonight against the Dons on 21:07 - Aug 15 with 1905 viewsdurham_exile

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

U's up and running tonight against the Dons on 21:12 - Aug 15 with 1902 viewsdurham_exile

Interesting to note that the referee played the straight 45 mins in the first half.

Anyway 20 mins to play come on the U's

Durham_exile

U's up and running tonight against the Dons on 21:14 - Aug 15 with 1899 viewsdurham_exile

Harry Pell on with a mixed reception.

Durham_exile

U's up and running tonight against the Dons on 21:19 - Aug 15 with 1895 viewsdurham_exile

U's up and running tonight against the Dons on 21:14 - Aug 15 by durham_exile

Harry Pell on with a mixed reception.

Chilvers needs to smarten up on the ball.

Come on

Durham_exile

U's up and running tonight against the Dons on 21:20 - Aug 15 with 1894 viewsburnsieespana

Omens for the season are not good.
U's up and running tonight against the Dons on 21:21 - Aug 15 with 1890 viewsdurham_exile

U's up and running tonight against the Dons on 21:20 - Aug 15 by burnsieespana

Omens for the season are not good.

I genuinely believe BG still not sure about his first XI

I think we can still salvage a draw tonight

Durham_exile

U's up and running tonight against the Dons on 21:25 - Aug 15 with 1888 viewsdurham_exile

Hopper coming on

Of course we are missing Tovide

Durham_exile

U's up and running tonight against the Dons on 21:27 - Aug 15 with 1885 viewsdurham_exile

Sadly that's the game 0-2

Very disappointing

Durham_exile

U's up and running tonight against the Dons on 21:32 - Aug 15 with 1868 viewsdurham_exile

Only 5 minutes

Durham_exile

U's up and running tonight against the Dons on 21:37 - Aug 15 with 1859 viewsdurham_exile

We cannot afford these poor home performances

Wimbledon have 695 supporters who will go home happy.

Must be better against the Mk Dons

Durham_exile

U's up and running tonight against the Dons on 21:43 - Aug 15 with 1850 viewswessex_exile

No glossing over it, that I'm afraid was poor. If we want to play #Garnerball, we have to have the players with the ball control to do so. Far too early to worry about league positions, but bottom on zero points is not a good look, despite our spirited performance and Cardiff and what we might have had from Bradford, but didn't deserve tonight.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

U's up and running tonight against the Dons on 22:07 - Aug 15 with 1808 viewsnoah4x4

Tchamandeu and Chilvers don’t look interested. Let them depart. Jay and Akinde were simply awful. Garner seems clueless. After Humes departure I had assumed things would improve, but tonights performance was shocking. I’m glad I have four Saturdays of cricket left and don’t have to suffer this shi5 again until September.
U's up and running tonight against the Dons on 22:31 - Aug 15 with 1775 viewsdurham_exile

U's up and running tonight against the Dons on 22:07 - Aug 15 by noah4x4

Tchamandeu and Chilvers don’t look interested. Let them depart. Jay and Akinde were simply awful. Garner seems clueless. After Humes departure I had assumed things would improve, but tonights performance was shocking. I’m glad I have four Saturdays of cricket left and don’t have to suffer this shi5 again until September.

Noah nobody wants Chilvers and that is why he is the big sulk
The Tchamadeu saga is nothing but a distraction for the entire club.

Massive improvement needed for Saturday.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

U's up and running tonight against the Dons on 22:37 - Aug 15 with 1772 viewsbwildered

Nothing has changed from previous season.
Seen off Rochdale, Hartlepool, Southend in previous seasons, looks like our turn has arrived .
No club is too good to go down, on paper squad looks OK, on pitch getting KO to often.
Second best to everything, lack of movement and quality throughout .
Did we do preseason ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

U's up and running tonight against the Dons on 22:47 - Aug 15 with 1756 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Can I just say we are two games into a 46 game season. Two. If we’d won the first two no one would be saying we’re going to win the league would they? I’m shocked at the negativity I’m reading on here tonight. Wimbledon were the better team on the night for sure but there are plenty of positives to take from our performance and also a few things that need addressing. It’s the 15th of August, there’s such a long way to go, keep the faith people.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

U's up and running tonight against the Dons on 22:52 - Aug 15 with 1748 viewsCrashBandicoot

I thought this season would be the one where we turned things around but we're struggling again. BG needs to sort it out or leave as we are getting fed up with struggling season upon season.

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

U's up and running tonight against the Dons on 23:10 - Aug 15 with 1727 viewsthrillseeker

What an awful performance.

Dalinson - my MOTM but subbed

Lawrence - close call for MOTM

Goodman - impressed me

Fevrier - reasonable

Jay - I didn't think he was as bad as Noah said. Better than Chilvers, Read & Baundeira (not difficult I grant you)

The rest were sh!t.

Teams with players can play out from the back but we don't have those players.

Tchamadeu - looked £50 not the reported £1 million

Chilvers - worst player on pitch by a mile. Needs to stop believing the hype and concentrate on playing

Egbo - mad yellow card. Makes you wonder if he has a brain. Told 3 times to move ball back but constantly rolled it forward.

Hall - not a captain's performance

2-0 was a lucky escape

Very disheartened with tonight but as RSC says it is only 2 games into season so fingers crosssed there is an improvement
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024