Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we all a bit reassured? 18:32 - Sep 2 with 12051 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Far from safe obviously, but I’m reassured that we are far from doomed.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2023 2:09]
Are we all a bit reassured? on 18:36 - Sep 2 with 6323 viewsDaBurgh

Yep, after what I saw in the Southampton game and today, I am sure we are destined for the rarefied air of 16th (maybe as high as 14th) place.
Are we all a bit reassured? on 18:41 - Sep 2 with 6276 viewsVancouverHoop

Certainly. Game over game we've improved, though the scores haven't always indicated it. Fortunately Watford is becoming a dim and distant memory (/no hex!) We'll flat-line at some point but with luck, not yet. And, with even more luck, not for long.
Are we all a bit reassured? on 18:58 - Sep 2 with 6161 viewsdmm

Good question and I think adding 'a bit' is appropriate. Yes I am, and I'm obviously delighted with today's performance and win but there's a very long way to go.

What I would like to see is us winning a game on the front foot. We've got a great 'defend and break' game but I can see some managers working out how to counter that. We will need a different game at some point, with more possession of the ball, and particularly when we're at home.
Are we all a bit reassured? on 19:02 - Sep 2 with 6133 viewsBoston

Every game, bar the Watford match, has shown that this is a decent footballing side. The biggest impediment to us having a reasonable / good season will probably be injuries, but I have a sneaking feeling we're not as badly off in the reserves department as some would have us believe. Rock on Gareth.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Are we all a bit reassured? on 19:02 - Sep 2 with 6125 viewsted_hendrix

I'll know more I reckon by the end of this Month.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Are we all a bit reassured? on 19:02 - Sep 2 with 6134 viewsRangersw12

Green shoots and we have a punchers chance of staying up but I do worry about when we go behind and general lack of goals in the team

What I'm enjoying is seeing players like Armstrong and Dozzell thriving under GA and his willingness to give mins to players like Kolli , SDM etc
Are we all a bit reassured? on 19:11 - Sep 2 with 6082 viewsAntti_Heinola

Will know more after 10 games, but I feel miles better than I did before the depressingly predictable Watford debacle.

Caveats: Cardiff and Boro have got 5 points between them in 10 games, although obviously we contributed to those poor records, and any away win is a good win. But mostly, strength in depth. We have almost none. Take Smyth and Armstrong out and we have likely the slowest team in the league.

BUT, I thought we'd have 0 or 1 points at this stage. To have 6, and to have deserved a few more, is encouraging.

Bare bones.

Are we all a bit reassured? on 19:12 - Sep 2 with 6072 viewsHastings_Hoops

Are we all a bit reassured? on 19:02 - Sep 2 by Rangersw12

Green shoots and we have a punchers chance of staying up but I do worry about when we go behind and general lack of goals in the team

What I'm enjoying is seeing players like Armstrong and Dozzell thriving under GA and his willingness to give mins to players like Kolli , SDM etc

We’re pretty average in the league for goals scored (1 a game) so far this season and that’s without Dykes for over half of it.
Login to get fewer ads

Are we all a bit reassured? on 19:15 - Sep 2 with 6051 viewsPaddyhoops

Colback , Cook and Begovich have hit the ground running.
Smyth is a far better player than when he left.
Armstrong and kolli are looking the part.
Dozell and I never thought I’d say this , looks outstanding at the moment.
Dukes and Dunne still to come back.
Reassured.
Are we all a bit reassured? on 19:23 - Sep 2 with 5988 viewsBluce_Ree

Feeling a tad better, yes.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Are we all a bit reassured? on 19:51 - Sep 2 with 5874 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Are we all a bit reassured? on 19:02 - Sep 2 by ted_hendrix

I'll know more I reckon by the end of this Month.

Well, Jack Supple says we have more points than Beale did this time last year.

Only difference is perception I guess.

In Ainsworth We Trust
Are we all a bit reassured? on 19:59 - Sep 2 with 5812 viewsPhilmyRs

I’m reassured with what I’ve seen since Watford and really pleased for the team and Manager. They’ve done really well and I think we can surprise people this season. However, it has to be said that this change in us and reassurance a lot of fans have, is directly a result of the Manager abandoning what he was doing tactically and reverting to a style a lot of people have been saying we had to do given the type of players available. Just listen to his interviews - yeah he’s spoke of resets before but he openly admits he re-set himself and his approach to the team. If that hadn’t of happened we’d not all be so optimistic. Credit to him and I’m pleased, but feels very much like he had a light bulb moment which could be the making of both him and us. Happy days ahead hopefully.
Are we all a bit reassured? on 20:00 - Sep 2 with 5800 viewsOutintheOrne

I'm certainly reassured after Watford. Was very impressed with Kolli today and the way he competed for the high ball. He was backing into their centre backs like an old pro and winning more than his fair share.
Are we all a bit reassured? on 20:28 - Sep 2 with 5673 viewsterryb

I'm a lot happier with us Baz!

I always thought there were more than three teams worse than us, but I had to seriously question that after the Watford debacle. We have six (when fit) centre halves competing for the three available positions. What an improvement that is!

We are playing with the ball on the ground far more than I expected & that makes be a happy man! I also feel that our bench is far stronger than they are given credit for. The younger players give us far more than the routine subs that we made last season.

I'm assuming (but not knowing) that we have six players away on international duty this week - Kakay, Fox, Smyth, Chair, Armstrong & Dykes. It's quite a while since I can remember that amount selected.

Another forty one games to go, but I'm no longer dreading watching us!
Are we all a bit reassured? on 20:37 - Sep 2 with 5627 viewsChrisNW6

Are we all a bit reassured? on 19:59 - Sep 2 by PhilmyRs

I’m reassured with what I’ve seen since Watford and really pleased for the team and Manager. They’ve done really well and I think we can surprise people this season. However, it has to be said that this change in us and reassurance a lot of fans have, is directly a result of the Manager abandoning what he was doing tactically and reverting to a style a lot of people have been saying we had to do given the type of players available. Just listen to his interviews - yeah he’s spoke of resets before but he openly admits he re-set himself and his approach to the team. If that hadn’t of happened we’d not all be so optimistic. Credit to him and I’m pleased, but feels very much like he had a light bulb moment which could be the making of both him and us. Happy days ahead hopefully.

To be fair he never had enough fit players to move to a back three until Cook came in and even then it was a stretch without JSC/Dunne. I think we should give Ainsworth more credit and he has hardly abandoned his style and tactics. This is along way from Warbs style and Ainsworth has used wing backs previously at Wycombe.

Credit where its due, he has galvanised the squad and it's a pleasure to watch.
Are we all a bit reassured? on 20:40 - Sep 2 with 5603 viewsmart_Goblin

Are we all a bit reassured? on 20:28 - Sep 2 by terryb

I'm a lot happier with us Baz!

I always thought there were more than three teams worse than us, but I had to seriously question that after the Watford debacle. We have six (when fit) centre halves competing for the three available positions. What an improvement that is!

We are playing with the ball on the ground far more than I expected & that makes be a happy man! I also feel that our bench is far stronger than they are given credit for. The younger players give us far more than the routine subs that we made last season.

I'm assuming (but not knowing) that we have six players away on international duty this week - Kakay, Fox, Smyth, Chair, Armstrong & Dykes. It's quite a while since I can remember that amount selected.

Another forty one games to go, but I'm no longer dreading watching us!

I think I heard GA say that we have 10 away this week including Paal & SDM
Are we all a bit reassured? on 20:42 - Sep 2 with 5591 viewsDejR_vu

I think we’ve shown enough to see we can be competitive and have a chance. What, I think, will define our season is who gets injured and for how long.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Are we all a bit reassured? on 20:51 - Sep 2 with 5520 viewskensalriser

We look competitive which is a lot more than most of us dared hope after the opening game. Smyth in particular has made a huge difference with his pace and he should continue to improve, but overall we look a very different side to the disjointed rabble from the second half of last season. We've got enough to stay up barring bad luck with injuries.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Are we all a bit reassured? on 20:55 - Sep 2 with 5501 viewsPhilmyRs

Are we all a bit reassured? on 20:37 - Sep 2 by ChrisNW6

To be fair he never had enough fit players to move to a back three until Cook came in and even then it was a stretch without JSC/Dunne. I think we should give Ainsworth more credit and he has hardly abandoned his style and tactics. This is along way from Warbs style and Ainsworth has used wing backs previously at Wycombe.

Credit where its due, he has galvanised the squad and it's a pleasure to watch.

So you don’t think the players said anything about changing style post Watford? You haven’t heard the Manager himself say he had to change what he was doing and make the most out of the players he has available. I’ve got no problem with that by the way, it’s just your post suggests this is more the Ainsworth style and the only reason we’ve not seen it is because of the players available which isn’t true - how do I know? He’s told us in various interviews and we can see the difference on the pitch ourselves. It’s all positive though and will make us better for it.
Are we all a bit reassured? on 20:57 - Sep 2 with 5489 viewsterryb

Are we all a bit reassured? on 20:40 - Sep 2 by mart_Goblin

I think I heard GA say that we have 10 away this week including Paal & SDM

Bloody hell!

I had no idea it was that many.
Are we all a bit reassured? on 21:08 - Sep 2 with 5388 viewsDorse

My relentless Pollyanna optimism remains undiminished. You'll be glad of that Factor 50 when the rain stops... reckon it's brightening up.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Are we all a bit reassured? on 21:11 - Sep 2 with 5359 viewsbaz_qpr

Clearly we have had a big change in approach, yes its more direct than Warburton but its actually more similar to Beale and we are seeing an attempt to retain possession as opposed to constantly pinging it long from the keeper or the defence.

I think there are a few key things that have happened and you have to give Ainsworth and Dobson credit, some may have been by accident but we look organised and motivated and that is down to them. I think Colback and Cook are both inspired signings Colback an absolute class above today and bossed that midfield like we have not seen for a while. Smyth has also come good as a signing.

But the absolute key here is the emergence of Armstrong because he forces teams to defend deeper or gives us a counter option and that in turn gives Chair and the midfield the space to play. He may not have done too much today but that threat was enough to push them back. Swap out Dykes for Armstrong and I think we are struggling again.

So whilst I am massively reassured from where I was, I worry what plan b will be when Armstrong is out, and they are going to need to turn around Willock and Richards to achieve that
Are we all a bit reassured? on 21:17 - Sep 2 with 5310 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think that huge credit is due to Ainsworth for listening to the players. It's turned our form around.

Begovic kept us in it today, as did a good defence, but these are all players in our team and the oppo can't claim bad luck if they can't beat them. It's not like we were cheating by fielding good players.

Fitness was improved today, and the bench did ok. Two other huge positives.

But we still allowed the oppo to control the game, and we were reliant on the pace of Smyth and Armstrong to break us free, and that worries me as we approach a long, long season with a small squad.

Feel better? Oh God yes.
But, challenges ahead? Still a huge yes.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Are we all a bit reassured? on 21:27 - Sep 2 with 5252 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Reassured...I'm off to Paddy Powers to see if they want to pay me up now!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Are we all a bit reassured? on 21:48 - Sep 2 with 5152 viewsQPRConor2000

I feel very reassured since Ainsworth changed the style.

We have looked a lot better going forward, Smyth in particular has been excellent, and thats without the likes of Dunne, and Dykes.

I know GA has taken a lot of flack from us, me included, but Its welcome to see how we have only seemingly improved in recent weeks, I just hope that the squad stays fit and we can continue to grow.

6 points from the first 4 league games, that is not bad.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2023 21:51]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024