Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sinclair Armstrong 19:14 - Dec 28 with 29026 viewsHooparoo

Some bloke on Twitter (yeah I know) is claiming that Sincs is leaving us and has removed all QPR pics and now closed his account. I was following him so I checked and yes, his account is completely gone. Anyone know what the hell is going on at our club?

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Sinclair Armstrong on 17:12 - Dec 29 with 3356 viewslassel

Sinclair Armstrong on 16:41 - Dec 29 by Hedged

He was offered a 5 year deal in October:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/sinclair-armstrong-qpr-new-contract-ma

https://www.teamtalk.com/queens-park-rangers/sources-qpr-advanced-talks-over-att

He still hasn't signed it and a couple of days before window opens we have this deleting Rangers posts on Instagram then the whole account.

So it's not a fact he won't sign. It's just if he won't sign then I think we should try and force him out and get money for him now

If we don't do that, the same fans will be moaning at the club if he eventually leaves on a free. But if he won't sign a new deal this is our only other option as I see it anyway

Who are you proposing is going to buy Armstrong off us?

We have him for another 18 months at least so we don’t need to panic right now about him going for free.
Sinclair Armstrong on 17:13 - Dec 29 with 3346 viewssdm1508

Maybe they have both been told that they don't have a future with the club. I think Marti has a particular profile of player in mind and it might be that he has been told to get players in he has to get rid. Dunne has gone so far backwards it's untrue. Armstrongs game just doesnt seemed to have developed.
Sinclair Armstrong on 17:15 - Dec 29 with 3323 viewsHedged

Sinclair Armstrong on 16:20 - Dec 29 by NW5Hoop

I’ve got more chance of hitting a six to win the T20 World Cup for England than Armstrong has of getting £18k a week out of QPR.

Whatever mate, the exact figure isn’t important.

The point is that if we did sell him for a small fee in January and we had the budget to offer him a 5 year deal then we would have the funds available to get a striker in now who can actually score more regularly

The £500,000 sale figure I used was probably too low. So your point about weekly wage difference doesn’t really matter

Selling him now is better than losing him on a free
Sinclair Armstrong on 17:48 - Dec 29 with 3127 viewsNW5Hoop

Sinclair Armstrong on 17:15 - Dec 29 by Hedged

Whatever mate, the exact figure isn’t important.

The point is that if we did sell him for a small fee in January and we had the budget to offer him a 5 year deal then we would have the funds available to get a striker in now who can actually score more regularly

The £500,000 sale figure I used was probably too low. So your point about weekly wage difference doesn’t really matter

Selling him now is better than losing him on a free

I don’t think £500k is too low an estimate. Who do you think is going to spend £500k on him? Can’t see why any Championship club would buy him, given he’s never been a regular starter for one of the worst teams in the division. And £500k is a lot for a lower team to gamble on someone completely unproven and very raw.
Sinclair Armstrong on 18:22 - Dec 29 with 2959 viewsnumptydumpty

Sinclair Armstrong on 11:54 - Dec 29 by Dorse

I haven't felt anything since Dom Ball left.

Hello darkness my old friend...

I have never understood this Dom Ball worship.

A player who was about as successful a player for us as Josh Scowen.

One got hounded out by the disgruntled and the legend that is Dom, gets better in people's minds every month since he has left our shores.

Bar providing the best moment of lockdown football - last minute screamer to beat Cardiff was his one moment , he was an average limited player but he did get stuck in, hence the love shack for the great man !! 😆

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Sinclair Armstrong on 18:30 - Dec 29 with 2910 viewsDorse

Sinclair Armstrong on 18:22 - Dec 29 by numptydumpty

I have never understood this Dom Ball worship.

A player who was about as successful a player for us as Josh Scowen.

One got hounded out by the disgruntled and the legend that is Dom, gets better in people's minds every month since he has left our shores.

Bar providing the best moment of lockdown football - last minute screamer to beat Cardiff was his one moment , he was an average limited player but he did get stuck in, hence the love shack for the great man !! 😆

Don't get me wrong - I am entirely aware of Dom's limitations. I just put him into the 'Cult Hero' category: he's not the best, other clubs don't 'get' him and he plays like he's won a prize.

For more details, consult my dissertation on the subject here:

I Like Dom Ball by Dorse 26 Mar 2022 17:01
To most people on here, this is not news. I basically mention him every week, spreading lies, half-truths and outright bullshit about his latest art installations, spoken word albums etc. Again, not news. However, I don't think I've ever explained why.

Je suis Dom Ball.

No, seriously. I am not Dom Ball in the literal sense but I feel like Dom Ball represents us better than just about anyone I can think of since than Ollie's first stint. Dom is not the most naturally-gifted player but the way he approaches each game is exactly the way any one of us would. Imagine it: we get the call. 'Dorse, Yoann's injured today but he reckons you could do a shift. What do you reckon? You up for it?'

F U C K Y E S B O S S

That's Dom. Right back? Give it a go. Defensive mid? I could do that. You get feeling that if Warbs asked him to guard a tree in his garden overnight, Dom would be putting on his shinpads and headtorch before he'd finished speaking. And that'd be me too. If I got the chance to pull in the hoops - just once! -I'd play exactly like him. Like the luckiest bloke in the world. Like a guy who has been told to enjoy it, you might never do this again.

I would also get a yellow card in the first 8 seconds (due to overexcitement). Dom, I get it mate. I really do.

Look at his face throughout the second half when he got called on to replace Barbet: he looked like he was having the time of his life. 'Dom? Scarlett Johansen's on the phone for you'. In a minute, tell her I'm busy.

Added to this, when he's not being who I would want to be on the field, he's being who I would want to be off it. Community work, food banks. The Dominator even won an award for it last season. Think about it: the only QPR player who won anything last season was Dom Ball. I mean, apart from the unofficial Smelliest Dump of the Year award that went to Ozzie Kakay after the team visited Fatty Amal's Kebab House.

Finally, I would argue that he has everything required to be considered a cult hero. Firstly, other clubs don't get what we see in him. Secondly, he never let's us down even when he's not the best player out there: we never expected him to be. Third, he would run through a burning brick wall, before crawling (on fire) over broken glass with his flies unzipped, simply to put lolly sticks in shit for this funny little club. He is the complete antithesis of people like comedy Frenchman Joe E Bartonne, or Armand Traore. Sirs, I submit to you that if Bircham is a club legend, the so is Dom Ball.

That is why I keep making up stuff about him. My whole schtick has Dom doing his absolute best to entertain, most often not really understanding what people want but never giving up or backing down. You paid to see Dom, and by God, your going to get the whole show.

I want to live in a world where Dom Ball is a QPR player.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Sinclair Armstrong on 19:01 - Dec 29 with 2759 viewsChiswickRs

Well, he starts tonight ahead of Dykes...
Sinclair Armstrong on 19:02 - Dec 29 with 2747 viewsEastR

Sinclair Armstrong on 19:01 - Dec 29 by ChiswickRs

Well, he starts tonight ahead of Dykes...

Farewell shift

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Login to get fewer ads

Sinclair Armstrong on 19:03 - Dec 29 with 2730 viewsdaveB

Sinclair Armstrong on 16:41 - Dec 29 by Hedged

He was offered a 5 year deal in October:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/sinclair-armstrong-qpr-new-contract-ma

https://www.teamtalk.com/queens-park-rangers/sources-qpr-advanced-talks-over-att

He still hasn't signed it and a couple of days before window opens we have this deleting Rangers posts on Instagram then the whole account.

So it's not a fact he won't sign. It's just if he won't sign then I think we should try and force him out and get money for him now

If we don't do that, the same fans will be moaning at the club if he eventually leaves on a free. But if he won't sign a new deal this is our only other option as I see it anyway

he's not going to sign a 5 year deal, no one his age would do that.
I think it's all a fuss over nothing, he's starting tonight anyway
Sinclair Armstrong on 19:07 - Dec 29 with 2695 viewsGus_iom

Sinclair Armstrong on 18:30 - Dec 29 by Dorse

Don't get me wrong - I am entirely aware of Dom's limitations. I just put him into the 'Cult Hero' category: he's not the best, other clubs don't 'get' him and he plays like he's won a prize.

To most people on here, this is not news. I basically mention him every week, spreading lies, half-truths and outright bullshit about his latest art installations, spoken word albums etc. Again, not news. However, I don't think I've ever explained why.

Je suis Dom Ball.

No, seriously. I am not Dom Ball in the literal sense but I feel like Dom Ball represents us better than just about anyone I can think of since than Ollie's first stint. Dom is not the most naturally-gifted player but the way he approaches each game is exactly the way any one of us would. Imagine it: we get the call. 'Dorse, Yoann's injured today but he reckons you could do a shift. What do you reckon? You up for it?'

F U C K Y E S B O S S

That's Dom. Right back? Give it a go. Defensive mid? I could do that. You get feeling that if Warbs asked him to guard a tree in his garden overnight, Dom would be putting on his shinpads and headtorch before he'd finished speaking. And that'd be me too. If I got the chance to pull in the hoops - just once! -I'd play exactly like him. Like the luckiest bloke in the world. Like a guy who has been told to enjoy it, you might never do this again.

I would also get a yellow card in the first 8 seconds (due to overexcitement). Dom, I get it mate. I really do.

Look at his face throughout the second half when he got called on to replace Barbet: he looked like he was having the time of his life. 'Dom? Scarlett Johansen's on the phone for you'. In a minute, tell her I'm busy.

Added to this, when he's not being who I would want to be on the field, he's being who I would want to be off it. Community work, food banks. The Dominator even won an award for it last season. Think about it: the only QPR player who won anything last season was Dom Ball. I mean, apart from the unofficial Smelliest Dump of the Year award that went to Ozzie Kakay after the team visited Fatty Amal's Kebab House.

Finally, I would argue that he has everything required to be considered a cult hero. Firstly, other clubs don't get what we see in him. Secondly, he never let's us down even when he's not the best player out there: we never expected him to be. Third, he would run through a burning brick wall, before crawling (on fire) over broken glass with his flies unzipped, simply to put lolly sticks in shit for this funny little club. He is the complete antithesis of people like comedy Frenchman Joe E Bartonne, or Armand Traore. Sirs, I submit to you that if Bircham is a club legend, the so is Dom Ball.

That is why I keep making up stuff about him. My whole schtick has Dom doing his absolute best to entertain, most often not really understanding what people want but never giving up or backing down. You paid to see Dom, and by God, your going to get the whole show.

Dom Balls 12 minute cameo was instrumental in Ipswichs promotion last year.

One thing about Ball - he wasn't a coward unlike some of the present lot
Sinclair Armstrong on 19:17 - Dec 29 with 2590 viewsHooparoo

Glad the rumours about Sincs leaving are unfounded. Looks to me like Marti has us set up for the fast counter. Let’s hope they’ve done some work on transition at training this week.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Sinclair Armstrong on 19:21 - Dec 29 with 2540 viewstkqpr

Dom Ball will be there tonight warming the bench for Ipswich as usual. I’m sure and hope he gets a chant as he warms up.

We wouldn’t lose Armstrong for free if we offer him a new deal and he leaves as he’s under 24 it would be adjudicated at a tribunal
Sinclair Armstrong on 19:28 - Dec 29 with 2492 viewsmart_Goblin

Sinclair Armstrong on 19:21 - Dec 29 by tkqpr

Dom Ball will be there tonight warming the bench for Ipswich as usual. I’m sure and hope he gets a chant as he warms up.

We wouldn’t lose Armstrong for free if we offer him a new deal and he leaves as he’s under 24 it would be adjudicated at a tribunal

He starts
Sinclair Armstrong on 19:29 - Dec 29 with 2481 viewsSuperhoops2808

Sinclair Armstrong on 19:21 - Dec 29 by tkqpr

He is in the team

Keep up
Sinclair Armstrong on 19:44 - Dec 29 with 2375 viewsFredManRave

Sinclair Armstrong on 19:28 - Dec 29 by mart_Goblin

He starts

He scores...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Sinclair Armstrong on 20:40 - Dec 29 with 2213 viewsnumptydumpty

Sinclair Armstrong on 18:30 - Dec 29 by Dorse

Je suis Dom Ball.

F U C K Y E S B O S S

Blimey Dorse

You truly are his number one fan.

Potentially his strange sounding name is a good explanation of what the man offers

If he scores a 25 yard own goal in the.next 45, I may well concur !!!

But until that moment the jury is out....

Where is the signed poster of the great man in your abode then ?? 😆

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Sinclair Armstrong on 21:15 - Dec 29 with 2052 viewshoops_legend

I think it’s hard not to like Cook, field, chair, paal and willock. The rest I am not sold on

Armstrong is having an awful game vs Ipswich. No control of the ball and bad passes. I would be so happy to be proven wrong in rest of game
Sinclair Armstrong on 22:23 - Dec 29 with 1880 viewstraininvain

Sinclair Armstrong on 21:15 - Dec 29 by hoops_legend

I think it’s hard not to like Cook, field, chair, paal and willock. The rest I am not sold on

Armstrong is having an awful game vs Ipswich. No control of the ball and bad passes. I would be so happy to be proven wrong in rest of game

I thought Armstrong looked more lively than Dykes has for weeks. Ipswich defenders were uncomfortable.

His touch isn’t great but his pace on the break and general presence upfront was a positive tonight.
Sinclair Armstrong on 22:27 - Dec 29 with 1842 viewsbaz_qpr

Yeah I thought Armstrong did all right too, the kid needs some coaching and set the tone for the game in the first 5 minutes, Willock was injured after about 20 minutes which did not help either
Sinclair Armstrong on 22:28 - Dec 29 with 1824 viewsStreathamRanger

I thought he was poor tonight. Some of his passing was Sunday league level.
Sinclair Armstrong on 22:30 - Dec 29 with 1801 viewsGloucs_R

He's strong
He's got speed
Needs help understanding positioning
He's a bit slow making decisions

Should have spent this season on loan in league 2

Poll: Are we staying up?

Sinclair Armstrong on 22:33 - Dec 29 with 1778 viewsted_hendrix

He isn't good enough for this league maybe one day he will be but at the risk of stating the bloody Obvious we are begging for a goal scorer and we need that goalscorer right now.
A bloke who scares defenders won't keep us In this league.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Sinclair Armstrong on 22:35 - Dec 29 with 1759 viewsJimthehip

Sinclair Armstrong on 22:33 - Dec 29 by ted_hendrix

He isn't good enough for this league maybe one day he will be but at the risk of stating the bloody Obvious we are begging for a goal scorer and we need that goalscorer right now.
A bloke who scares defenders won't keep us In this league.

But he is the only cf we have that frightens defenders

he turned 20 this summer. If he had the finishing and touch he would be at city.

He has a much higher ceiling than any cf we have.
Sinclair Armstrong on 22:40 - Dec 29 with 1726 viewstkqpr

He was tonnes better tonight than Dykes has been. Turned his man, laid balls off had 2 shots on goal in the first 20 minutes.

I also thought Dykes looked an improvement when he came in with Kelli ahead of him.
Sinclair Armstrong on 22:56 - Dec 29 with 1627 viewsGloryHunter

Sinclair Armstrong on 08:11 - Dec 29 by Landshark

I was always surprised with the way Sinclair was regarded by some of the QPR fans. I guess it was just blind hope for discovering the new Les Ferdinand despite the evidence shown on the pitch.

Even against Southampton last week I had some supporters behind me talking to their non-QPR supporting friend who was at the game with them. "Oh great, Sinclair is coming on, something will happen now, he's going to be a great player" he then ended up producing nothing, like always.

He will be playing non-league football in a few years.

I didn't think Sincs would be the next Les Ferdinand. But maybe the next Devon White? Sadly, that doesn't seem to be happening either.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024