Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sinclair Armstrong 19:14 - Dec 28 with 29025 viewsHooparoo

Some bloke on Twitter (yeah I know) is claiming that Sincs is leaving us and has removed all QPR pics and now closed his account. I was following him so I checked and yes, his account is completely gone. Anyone know what the hell is going on at our club?

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Sinclair Armstrong on 20:19 - Dec 28 with 4028 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I like both of them, but they are both fcking hard to argue for.

You can throw a tea towel over all the players in our squad that would be a genuine loss.
Sinclair Armstrong on 20:20 - Dec 28 with 4013 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sinclair Armstrong on 19:53 - Dec 28 by Wilkinswatercarrier

My 19 year old son, who follows the players on Twitter or X, says that Armstrong has done this before apparently.

Who knows.

Thanks. Important info.

Let's just see how this plays out.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sinclair Armstrong on 20:23 - Dec 28 with 3974 viewsFredManRave

Sinclair Armstrong on 20:19 - Dec 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

I like both of them, but they are both fcking hard to argue for.

You can throw a tea towel over all the players in our squad that would be a genuine loss.

It would probably injure most of them, and I agree, a genuine loss of a tea towel.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Sinclair Armstrong on 20:35 - Dec 28 with 3863 viewsGus_iom

Sinclair Armstrong on 20:20 - Dec 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Thanks. Important info.

Let's just see how this plays out.

I don't really care, tbh, which surprises me.
Sinclair Armstrong on 20:38 - Dec 28 with 3829 viewsGloucs_R

Wasn't he due to be having contract negotiations?? Maybe him and Dunne haven't been offered what they asked for.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Sinclair Armstrong on 20:42 - Dec 28 with 3790 viewsStreathamRanger

Sinclair Armstrong on 20:38 - Dec 28 by Gloucs_R

Wasn't he due to be having contract negotiations?? Maybe him and Dunne haven't been offered what they asked for.

Not really worth a new contract on current form. A very basic player who would be nowhere near the professional game if he wasn't so strong. Touch, finishing, passing, movement all poor.
Sinclair Armstrong on 20:52 - Dec 28 with 3727 viewsNorthernr

Sinclair Armstrong on 20:38 - Dec 28 by Gloucs_R

If Dunne's been offered anything over and above one packet of Monster Munch he should be grateful for that.
Sinclair Armstrong on 20:52 - Dec 28 with 3714 viewsHayesender

Sinclair Armstrong on 20:42 - Dec 28 by StreathamRanger

Not really worth a new contract on current form. A very basic player who would be nowhere near the professional game if he wasn't so strong. Touch, finishing, passing, movement all poor.

You could be talking about either of them there

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

Sinclair Armstrong on 20:56 - Dec 28 with 3675 viewsLanhoop

Is too much being read into this?

If they were my lads I'd be telling them to make their social media private or to get off it altogether. Anyone know if they've been having more than the normal amount of abuse from the knuckle-draggers?
Sinclair Armstrong on 21:05 - Dec 28 with 3585 viewsHooparoo

Maybe being positive, it means that a new striker and central defender are incoming.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Sinclair Armstrong on 21:08 - Dec 28 with 3564 viewsDorse

Sinclair Armstrong on 20:23 - Dec 28 by FredManRave

It would probably injure most of them, and I agree, a genuine loss of a tea towel.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Sinclair Armstrong on 21:10 - Dec 28 with 3540 viewsperpignanR

Sinclair Armstrong on 19:55 - Dec 28 by The_Beast1976

100%

110%, actually.
Sinclair Armstrong on 21:21 - Dec 28 with 3415 viewsCateLeBonR

Sinclair Armstrong on 19:53 - Dec 28 by Wilkinswatercarrier

My 19 year old son, who follows the players on Twitter or X, says that Armstrong has done this before apparently.

Who knows.

I mean anyone who has watched the guy play the last two seasons won't be surprised by this kind of reaction. Might be just going out on loan for the rest of the season.

Dunne's place in the squad is an obvious area we can try to improve on.
Sinclair Armstrong on 21:30 - Dec 28 with 3343 viewsdanehoop

I think to be fair Marti has had enough time with the squad to have evaluated strengths/weaknesses and those likely to progress and those not. I am guessing that he has also had a good chat with Hoos and the owners on who should be retained/released/loaned. We know this squad is deficient in a lot of areas (not just strikers, but that is a glaring immediate problem)but if we are making the long term investment in Marti (as I dearly hope we do) he knows he has a lot of work to do and I hope we are backing his judgement in this.

Never knowingly understood

Sinclair Armstrong on 21:38 - Dec 28 with 3287 viewsdaveB

I think it's a bit mad to read much into social media activity. Dunne was probably getting stick on social media so closed the account, wouldn't be the first QPR player who has had to do that.

On the pitch Armstrong has really gone backwards in the last year, speaks volumes about the coaches we pay for
Sinclair Armstrong on 21:48 - Dec 28 with 3198 viewskensalriser

Armstrong has looked for a while like he belongs to the list of QPR players that includes Richard Pacquette and Angelo Balanta.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Sinclair Armstrong on 21:53 - Dec 28 with 3164 viewsbosh67

Sinclair Armstrong on 21:38 - Dec 28 by daveB

I think it's a bit mad to read much into social media activity. Dunne was probably getting stick on social media so closed the account, wouldn't be the first QPR player who has had to do that.

On the pitch Armstrong has really gone backwards in the last year, speaks volumes about the coaches we pay for

Dunne seems to be suffering a Dickie style collapse of confidence that has led to him playing like a Subbuteo figure. He looked like captain material not so long ago.

Armstrong appears to model his entire career on the movement and ability of The Tasmanian Devil in the Looney Tunes cartoons. Only I would argue that the cartoon character has a better idea of what he's going to do.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2023 21:55]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Sinclair Armstrong on 22:08 - Dec 28 with 3032 viewsRangersw12

Sinclair Armstrong on 21:53 - Dec 28 by bosh67

Dunne seems to be suffering a Dickie style collapse of confidence that has led to him playing like a Subbuteo figure. He looked like captain material not so long ago.

Armstrong appears to model his entire career on the movement and ability of The Tasmanian Devil in the Looney Tunes cartoons. Only I would argue that the cartoon character has a better idea of what he's going to do.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2023 21:55]

Dunne has been awful for 2 years now and the only reason he gets a pass from some fans is because he's Irish
[Post edited 28 Dec 2023 22:13]
Sinclair Armstrong on 22:13 - Dec 28 with 2978 viewsGroveR

Sinclair Armstrong on 21:48 - Dec 28 by kensalriser

Armstrong has looked for a while like he belongs to the list of QPR players that includes Richard Pacquette and Angelo Balanta.

Scott Donelly
Patrick Kanuka
Leroy Griffiths (but there's still Leroy Griffiths day for when he gave Marcel Desailly a bumhole like a dinner plate in a preseason)
Sinclair Armstrong on 22:18 - Dec 28 with 2925 viewsCateLeBonR

Sinclair Armstrong on 21:05 - Dec 28 by Hooparoo

Maybe being positive, it means that a new striker and central defender are incoming.

Or as some have suggested they might be getting crap posted to them on social media. Probably nothing to do with incomings/departures.
Sinclair Armstrong on 22:27 - Dec 28 with 2837 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Sinclair Armstrong on 22:08 - Dec 28 by Rangersw12

Dunne has been awful for 2 years now and the only reason he gets a pass from some fans is because he's Irish
[Post edited 28 Dec 2023 22:13]

He seemed a good signing when we made his move permanent, played with heart and was effective, has really let the form go since then, he was remember the other half of that shambolic partnership with Dickie, and has looked even worse this season when involved.

Armstrong......I fear it is just his size and build that has seen him get this far, that's the potential, that's it, just the build. And rightly said earlier Marti really doesn't seem a fan.

Can't read too much into it though and well it wouldn't be the end of the world if our suspicions are true. I guess we will see.
Sinclair Armstrong on 22:29 - Dec 28 with 2809 viewsHedged

With this happening a few days before the transfer window opens it seems less likely to be a coincidence

Armstrong clearly isn't going to sign the new contract he's been offered. So having him leave for free like BOS or for peanuts (like most players we've ever sold) needs to not happen.

I'm hoping the club are finally being more ruthless in protecting the clubs interests. If he won't sign then frankly Sinclair can f ck right off. He's earning very little as his contract was from when he was U23's and being loaned out to Aldershot and Torquay

If he won't sign a new contract and this is him throwing an Instagram strop I'm hoping it's because the club has told him... No we aren't going to let you run down your contract so Palace can pick you up for free when you a more experienced player. He isn't scoring enough for us to accept that. If wants to run down his contract he can do it in the U23s and limit his progress

Or if won't sign a contract he can leave now so we get some cash in for him. He can continue his development elsewhere and then we can get a signing or likely loan in who isn't just a prospect but can contribute much needed goals now

But having said all that he’s probably just deleted Instagram because he’s fed up of abuse from idiots on there…
[Post edited 28 Dec 2023 22:30]
Sinclair Armstrong on 23:02 - Dec 28 with 2572 viewsdaveB

Sinclair Armstrong on 22:29 - Dec 28 by Hedged

With this happening a few days before the transfer window opens it seems less likely to be a coincidence

Armstrong clearly isn't going to sign the new contract he's been offered. So having him leave for free like BOS or for peanuts (like most players we've ever sold) needs to not happen.

I'm hoping the club are finally being more ruthless in protecting the clubs interests. If he won't sign then frankly Sinclair can f ck right off. He's earning very little as his contract was from when he was U23's and being loaned out to Aldershot and Torquay

If he won't sign a new contract and this is him throwing an Instagram strop I'm hoping it's because the club has told him... No we aren't going to let you run down your contract so Palace can pick you up for free when you a more experienced player. He isn't scoring enough for us to accept that. If wants to run down his contract he can do it in the U23s and limit his progress

Or if won't sign a contract he can leave now so we get some cash in for him. He can continue his development elsewhere and then we can get a signing or likely loan in who isn't just a prospect but can contribute much needed goals now

But having said all that he’s probably just deleted Instagram because he’s fed up of abuse from idiots on there…
[Post edited 28 Dec 2023 22:30]

didn't he sign a new contract last year with an option of an extra year
Sinclair Armstrong on 23:08 - Dec 28 with 2531 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Sinclair Armstrong on 20:52 - Dec 28 by Northernr

If Dunne's been offered anything over and above one packet of Monster Munch he should be grateful for that.

The only thing being offered over and above to Dunne is the long ball in behind as he once again finds himself hopelessly out of position.
Sinclair Armstrong on 23:08 - Dec 28 with 2542 viewsLblock

This is a fella who Man City were looking at if I recall

I think Sinclair has potential
Like to seem him fufill some of that here

Dunne I was a huge fan of and cut him a lot of slack
I’ve run out of slack now
His reaction at the end of the Southampton game still irks me but not as much as his recent think performances irk me

If they both leave then….. oh well

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024