Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Totally Football Show Podcast with James Richardson 16:03 - Feb 26 with 2313 viewsKodika

I listened to this podcast this morning. Not one mention of the passing of our Stan!

I have posted the following on the Totally Football Show feed on X

"Regular listener to the pod. Very disappointed that you could not spare a couple of minutes to mention the sad passing of Stan Bowles an icon of the 70s and one of the most skilful and entertaining players to grace the game. Why was this?"

I do not expect to receive any response!

"
Totally Football Show Podcast with James Richardson on 16:50 - Feb 26 with 2181 viewsBAWHoops

They are an Athletic podcast. The interest in QPR is zero. Stan is ours, but at the end of the day he's a maverick with 5 England caps and 1 goal.
That doesn't diminish what he means to us and the club, but the guests they had on certainly weren't the right ones to talk about him (Italy obsessed Jimbo, Matt Davis-Adams who works for Chelsea and supports Forest, Another Forest fan in Daniel Storey and the irish fella).
It was a shame they never mentioned him. To be honest I was surprised at the amount of national coverage it DID get over the weekend.
Was wonderful to see people wax lyrical about him and our club

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Totally Football Show Podcast with James Richardson on 16:54 - Feb 26 with 2156 viewsdaveB

Chris Nichol passed over the weekend as well and wasn't mentioned. He won a few trophies with Vila back in the day

Not every podcast is going to feature Stan, think the coverage of him has been pretty good
Totally Football Show Podcast with James Richardson on 16:59 - Feb 26 with 2135 viewsTheChef

It didn't get the impression it covers much of football pre 1992.

Much as I love James Richardson and wish Football Italia could get resurrected one day.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Totally Football Show Podcast with James Richardson on 17:07 - Feb 26 with 2109 viewscheeseydane

Looked in on Stokes forum yesterday just to be nosey, and they had a thread on him. Very impressed with the comments made. Also had a thread on Chairs current situation, and I have to say, their puns were better than ours. Made me chuckle.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Totally Football Show Podcast with James Richardson on 17:08 - Feb 26 with 2109 viewsKodika

Totally Football Show Podcast with James Richardson on 16:50 - Feb 26 by BAWHoops

They are an Athletic podcast. The interest in QPR is zero. Stan is ours, but at the end of the day he's a maverick with 5 England caps and 1 goal.
That doesn't diminish what he means to us and the club, but the guests they had on certainly weren't the right ones to talk about him (Italy obsessed Jimbo, Matt Davis-Adams who works for Chelsea and supports Forest, Another Forest fan in Daniel Storey and the irish fella).
It was a shame they never mentioned him. To be honest I was surprised at the amount of national coverage it DID get over the weekend.
Was wonderful to see people wax lyrical about him and our club

Nice tribute to Stan at the end of MOTD 2 yesterday.
Totally Football Show Podcast with James Richardson on 19:58 - Feb 26 with 1850 viewshantssi

Totally Football Show Podcast with James Richardson on 17:07 - Feb 26 by cheeseydane

Looked in on Stokes forum yesterday just to be nosey, and they had a thread on him. Very impressed with the comments made. Also had a thread on Chairs current situation, and I have to say, their puns were better than ours. Made me chuckle.

Agreed, some really lovely comments on there!
According to them Carlton Palmer has 3 times as many England caps as our Stan!!
ps I checked, Stan has 5, Palmer 18, unbelievable Jeff!
Totally Football Show Podcast with James Richardson on 22:08 - Feb 26 with 1672 viewsWegerles_Stairs

About one line in The Times' The Game today. Shocking.
Totally Football Show Podcast with James Richardson on 22:36 - Feb 26 with 1623 viewsBlackCrowe

Stan threads on most london clubs forum...nothing on shedend, which pleases me actually.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Login to get fewer ads

Totally Football Show Podcast with James Richardson on 23:01 - Feb 26 with 1584 viewsSnipper

Cardiff City fans very complimentary about Stan. πŸ‘πŸ‘

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php?460474-Stan-Bowles
Totally Football Show Podcast with James Richardson on 06:33 - Feb 27 with 1411 viewsHantsR

To be fair, The Times had a full page obituary in the main paper, but I was also surprised to see no mention in The Game (which is almost exclusively Premier League anyway) edit: this was in response to Wegerles stairs re The Times.
[Post edited 27 Feb 15:17]
Totally Football Show Podcast with James Richardson on 07:54 - Feb 27 with 1334 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Totally Football Show Podcast with James Richardson on 06:33 - Feb 27 by HantsR

To be fair, The Times had a full page obituary in the main paper, but I was also surprised to see no mention in The Game (which is almost exclusively Premier League anyway) edit: this was in response to Wegerles stairs re The Times.
[Post edited 27 Feb 15:17]

I thought it was disgusting tbh. Imagine if Klopp had died - there'd be a souvenir 32-page edition. We all know that the football media in general is fixated on the Premier League and football began in 1992 but one of the most celebrated and charismatic players from the 1970s had passed away. At this stage, football journalists in this country are like royal correspondents, only capable of reporting on Man City's xG as though it were King Charles' health.
Totally Football Show Podcast with James Richardson on 08:05 - Feb 27 with 1329 viewsNorthernr

I still think The Guardian Podcast doing an episode earlier this year where the themes were Terry Venables and greatest bicycle kicks of all time and QPR didn't get a mention once is going to take some topping.
Totally Football Show Podcast with James Richardson on 08:39 - Feb 27 with 1243 viewsconnell10

Totally Football Show Podcast with James Richardson on 23:01 - Feb 26 by Snipper

Cardiff City fans very complimentary about Stan. πŸ‘πŸ‘

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php?460474-Stan-Bowles

Well hats off to them there , i feel a tad better with them now!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Totally Football Show Podcast with James Richardson on 08:45 - Feb 27 with 1232 viewsslmrstid

Totally Football Show Podcast with James Richardson on 16:59 - Feb 26 by TheChef

It didn't get the impression it covers much of football pre 1992.

Much as I love James Richardson and wish Football Italia could get resurrected one day.

James Richardson did a spin-off Golazzo with the Total Football Show podcast a few years ago where each episode focussed on an aspect of 1990/2000s Italian football. Only has a few references to the season it was recorded in so you could still listen to it now without it sounding too dated. Some great episodes on there.
Totally Football Show Podcast with James Richardson on 08:48 - Feb 27 with 1229 viewsNorthantsHoop

Totally Football Show Podcast with James Richardson on 17:08 - Feb 26 by Kodika

Nice tribute to Stan at the end of MOTD 2 yesterday.

Yes I thought that tribute was good recognising a footballer with immense natural talent from a bygone era.
Totally Football Show Podcast with James Richardson on 08:07 - Feb 28 with 947 viewsTGRRRSSS

Thought Atheleicaas meant to be the sophisticated end ... perhaps not quite as I thought
Totally Football Show Podcast with James Richardson on 09:13 - Feb 28 with 903 viewsTheChef

Totally Football Show Podcast with James Richardson on 08:45 - Feb 27 by slmrstid

James Richardson did a spin-off Golazzo with the Total Football Show podcast a few years ago where each episode focussed on an aspect of 1990/2000s Italian football. Only has a few references to the season it was recorded in so you could still listen to it now without it sounding too dated. Some great episodes on there.

Yeah I've done all of those With the addition of Gab Marcotti who is always a great listen.

Totally Football Show Podcast with James Richardson on 11:15 - Feb 28 with 818 viewsPetros

Totally Football Show Podcast with James Richardson on 08:05 - Feb 27 by Northernr

I still think The Guardian Podcast doing an episode earlier this year where the themes were Terry Venables and greatest bicycle kicks of all time and QPR didn't get a mention once is going to take some topping.

Didn't know this and it is beyond belief.
Totally Football Show Podcast with James Richardson on 11:19 - Feb 28 with 803 viewsNorthernr

Totally Football Show Podcast with James Richardson on 11:15 - Feb 28 by Petros

Didn't know this and it is beyond belief.

It's not one I listen to but a mate of mine told me so I stuck it on and it's true. An hour on bicycle kicks and Terry Venables and, actually, tell a lie, there was a QPR mention - they talked about Sebastien Coates' goal for Liverpool at Loftus Road
Totally Football Show Podcast with James Richardson on 11:24 - Feb 28 with 766 viewsTheChef

Totally Football Show Podcast with James Richardson on 11:19 - Feb 28 by Northernr

It's not one I listen to but a mate of mine told me so I stuck it on and it's true. An hour on bicycle kicks and Terry Venables and, actually, tell a lie, there was a QPR mention - they talked about Sebastien Coates' goal for Liverpool at Loftus Road

And what a goal that was.

Totally Football Show Podcast with James Richardson on 11:28 - Feb 28 with 757 viewsNorthernr

Totally Football Show Podcast with James Richardson on 11:24 - Feb 28 by TheChef

And what a goal that was.

They didn't even win the game

But, yeh, Trevor Sinclair, who he?
Totally Football Show Podcast with James Richardson on 11:48 - Feb 28 with 722 viewseastside_r

Totally Football Show Podcast with James Richardson on 11:19 - Feb 28 by Northernr

Blimey that’s surprising as Rushden / Glendenning also do the Warm Up on Talksport on Sunday and they rate every bicycle/ overhead kick using the Sinclair index. This is how an effort compares to the TS goal which they acclaim as the best of all time.

The Guardian is absolutely shite for all non-Premier League football. Has been for some time. I think they made a policy decision not to invest in it. For example, a lot of the copy is just from agencies like PA.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024