Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back (well on train) 17:41 - Aug 17 with 3578 viewsCharlie1

A lot of positives.

This MB has been incredibly negative for far too long now. We can achieve something this season if fans keep patient.

Positives:
Team stuck to it. The spirit that the management have spoken about was evident. Tough game today because of Ipswich tactics.

That's two well deserved wins at home and with an ever changing team. That's a good sign of desire and workmanship

Hoilet looked promising until that hamstring

Dunne is a rock. Nedum solid.

Green is growing in confidence

Austin has great touch and puts hit foot in. He's a handful.

Barton and Henry did a satisfactory job today.

All all this slating of HR over Zapata. For once he and we give our youngster a chance and he scores. All those on that thread, let HR manage and trust his judgement.

O'neill. The same one a few usual slated here.

Negatives

None. But games at LR will be tough all season. We do miss that something special in the middle. Zamora confidence is shot and Henry / Barton won't create enough.

Frustrations

No doubt the usual will slate SWP who had an indifferent game. He did ok, 6/10 performance. Ipswich trebled up on him and if we can move the ball inside quicker to someone more creative than Henry / Barton ie Ale and Parker my God, we'll be flying.

How opposition play. Got to get used to it.

Ref was awful.

Bar!

Probably a few others!

Two home games. Two wins. 7 points. Happy days. More importantly, footsie has become enjoyable again.
You R'S!

2:59 baby!

Just back (well on train) on 17:43 - Aug 17 with 3553 viewsBlackCrowe

Barton SATISFACTORY Charlie? He was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch. 8/10 at least.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Just back (well on train) on 17:49 - Aug 17 with 3468 viewsCharlie1

As a partnership him and Henry was satisfactory

Individually they had strong games.

Think we'll need something more in the middle and upfront for a top two challenge. But who cares, thAt was great!

Just back (well on train) on 17:50 - Aug 17 with 3461 viewsRed_Ranger

Agree Crowe
Barton different class to Henry.
He was outstanding today.
Played a captains role.
If only he wasn't such a volatile nutter.
Just back (well on train) on 17:51 - Aug 17 with 3449 viewsHunterhoop

Just back (well on train) on 17:43 - Aug 17 by BlackCrowe

Barton SATISFACTORY Charlie? He was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch. 8/10 at least.

No he wasn't. Not by a stretch. This Barton revisionism is getting silly. He was good off the ball and put his foot in but his passing was off at key moments. Good but not 8/10 good.

Our best player was Nedum by a mile: looked the most conformance player on the pitch. He looked so good on and off the ball and was very physical. He's had a great start to the season. At times he carried Dunne today.

Really bugs me people overlook Nedum so far.

O' Neill looked excellent too. Far better than Barton at RM do far this season.
Just back (well on train) on 17:54 - Aug 17 with 3420 viewsJuzzie

If we had proper wingers like SWP and Hoilett (shame about his injury) then the CM's don't need to do much in the creative sense. Their job will be to break up the opposition and feed the wide boys.

I felt Austin was too deep today. Not his fault, doing the job Zamora should be doing but wasn't . Zamora offered nothing. Won us one corner in the 2nd half and that was about it. No way would he have been in the position that Hithcock was to score.

Hitchcock has now earned the right IMO to start next week. Giving it back to BZ will simply tell up-coming players they'll never get a chance to start regardless of what they do.

Great work too by SWP to get the cross in. For a moment I thought he'd just let it get it beyond him.
Just back (well on train) on 18:32 - Aug 17 with 3223 viewsbaz_qpr

Just back (well on train) on 17:49 - Aug 17 by Charlie1

As a partnership him and Henry was satisfactory

Individually they had strong games.

Think we'll need something more in the middle and upfront for a top two challenge. But who cares, thAt was great!

First time I've seen us this year

Positives:

We won
Gary oNeil was superb when he came on
Austin best player on the pitch and will get goals for us.
Barton was excellent in midfield
Young Hitchcock getting a poachers goal on his debut
Dunne got better as the game progressed
We look more threatening from set pieces than we have for years

Concerns
Central midfield never got beyond the strikers, Parker won't be the answer either
For all the good possession we had our ability to put in a decent cross or pass in the final third until oneil came on
SWP cannot beat a championship full back
Defence was shakey at times
Zamora is ready for the knackers yard clears not fit and therefore not fit for purpose.

Remedies

2 x centre forwards needed who can play back to goal
1 / 2 wingers needed
1 central midfielder required who is mobile enough to get forward or we are going to struggle to create goals (personally I'd try and sort diakete out rather than buy)
Just back (well on train) on 18:42 - Aug 17 with 3138 viewsstowmarketrange

I'm on the train home too with a lot of miserable town fans.
It took a long time coming,but it was all worth it in the end.
U R'sssssssssss.
Was the goal offside?It certainly looked it from the loft.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2013 18:56]
Just back (well on train) on 18:44 - Aug 17 with 3124 viewsWatford_Ranger

I didn't think Zamora was too bad at all. Won plenty in the air (though even if he won 99% you'd still get people going ballistic when he loses one) and linked the play quite well. Not perfect but not out worst player on the day IMO.
Login to get fewer ads

Just back (well on train) on 18:46 - Aug 17 with 3100 viewsVancouverHoop

"Hitchcock has now earned the right IMO to start next week. Giving it back to BZ will simply tell up-coming players they'll never get a chance to start regardless of what they do."

Yup. Though if Johnson's fit he should probably start ahead of Hitchcock next week. HR's constant selection of Zamora since the Spring has has bordered on negligence. I don't blame BZ at all – he wants to play and contribute, we could have used more players like that over the past couple of years – but he simply isn't able to do the job. What are young players for, if not for occasions like this? Why keep them around at all otherwise?
Just back (well on train) on 18:55 - Aug 17 with 3036 viewsessextaxiboy

The negativity has been mind numbing this week .

Unbeaten in 4 .
Just back (well on train) on 19:07 - Aug 17 with 2977 viewsCharlie1

Just back (well on train) on 18:55 - Aug 17 by essextaxiboy

The negativity has been mind numbing this week .

Unbeaten in 4 .

Exactly

HR knows what he's doing. O'neill and dunne were slated by many as past it but good solid performances. Did what was required.

Just back (well on train) on 19:23 - Aug 17 with 2892 viewsHollowayRanger

pro

green great save and commanded area

dunne ned makings of a solid pairing

simpson very good rightback

barton kept his head even thought he was targeted and played well

austin quality player just needs a decent partner up front

swp keep trying and made the goal

o'neill looked very good and has a brain

tom great tap in knew where to be

the bad

hill at leftback played well today but not the answer long term

midfield as a whole lacks ideas

ZAMORRA like playing with 10 men

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Just back (well on train) on 19:54 - Aug 17 with 2770 viewsbosh67

In thought Green looked much more confident. Fantastic save first half.

I thought Barton was the best player on the pitch. He was everywhere. Guy's playing with a smile on his face and enjoying playing. Long may it continue. He's so comfortable at this level.

Hope Hoillett's hamstring isn't too serious, he is a different player this season.

Nedum is so much stronger than he was last season. Very impressed.

Thought Austin looked tired second half but he kept going and was basically having to nod the ball down for himself. The goals will come. Needs to work on his running a bit I think.

Zamora. Oh dear. Actually feel sorry in a way for the guy. He's really gone. A total passenger. Injuries have really caught up with him. He can't get off the ground at all.

Dunne will be solid. He's a big unit. Hill had nothing much to deal with today. Simpson solid and unfussy on the right.

Henry not as bad as people want him to be. Actually bottled one flying tackle but tidies up as he should do.

SWP put in a shift. He took a lot of defenders out of position. Certainly works hard.

ONeil, impressive debut. Rowlands like.

Hitchcock. Well done lad. Right time, right place. Takes up some good positions and has pace.

Barton for me easily MOTM. By a mile.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Just back (well on train) on 19:58 - Aug 17 with 2748 viewsessextaxiboy

Just back (well on train) on 19:54 - Aug 17 by bosh67

In thought Green looked much more confident. Fantastic save first half.

I thought Barton was the best player on the pitch. He was everywhere. Guy's playing with a smile on his face and enjoying playing. Long may it continue. He's so comfortable at this level.

Hope Hoillett's hamstring isn't too serious, he is a different player this season.

Nedum is so much stronger than he was last season. Very impressed.

Thought Austin looked tired second half but he kept going and was basically having to nod the ball down for himself. The goals will come. Needs to work on his running a bit I think.

Zamora. Oh dear. Actually feel sorry in a way for the guy. He's really gone. A total passenger. Injuries have really caught up with him. He can't get off the ground at all.

Dunne will be solid. He's a big unit. Hill had nothing much to deal with today. Simpson solid and unfussy on the right.

Henry not as bad as people want him to be. Actually bottled one flying tackle but tidies up as he should do.

SWP put in a shift. He took a lot of defenders out of position. Certainly works hard.

ONeil, impressive debut. Rowlands like.

Hitchcock. Well done lad. Right time, right place. Takes up some good positions and has pace.

Barton for me easily MOTM. By a mile.

Totally agree on Barton . he bossed the whole game for me . Took some heavy tackles trying to get the red mist going . Thumping tackle in the first half to bring the ball away from our box .

He may be trying to get his move if so still fair play to him for doing it the right way.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024