Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On way home; fcking ref 22:11 - Dec 3 with 8554 viewsCharlie1

First of all, fair play to them for having a go and making a game.

Secondly, ref tried his best to kill the game. Should've been a pen, red card and also their number 8 red.

That aside, AJ upfront and Carroll ticking it over nicely made for a nice performance and comfortable win. Austin and Barton did ever so well. Carroll keeps it moving nicely and Hoillet whilst frustrating at times, makes a difference to our play. Far more going forward.

Lovely goal by Phillips.
Lots of usual panicking on here after the weekend but we proved it was a one off and we're back on track.

Enjoyed that.

2:59 baby!

On way home; fcking ref on 23:54 - Dec 3 with 2056 viewsichbinnaughty

Benoit Assou-Ekotu for me.
The man is the best LB I think I have ever seen down W12. And that includes Wilson. Super player.
On way home; fcking ref on 23:58 - Dec 3 with 2035 viewsBlackCrowe

Whether he's the best ever or not I don't know, but god he's good.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

On way home; fcking ref on 00:11 - Dec 4 with 1999 viewssmegma

This from the BBC match report :

Austin capitalised on good work from Johnson on the left wing for the opener, and had claims for a penalty for handball against Cherries defender Tommy Elphick shortly afterwards rejected.
Elphick appeared to make contact with the ball with his hand as he tangled with Austin on the edge of the box but, following a lengthy delay. referee Andy Woolmer gave QPR a free-kick and did not book the Bournemouth player

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25098375
On way home; fcking ref on 00:13 - Dec 4 with 1990 viewssimmo

Agree with most here already, good entertaining game. 442 showed the pros and cons of that system as Austin really benefitted from Johnson running the channels but they got in behind once or twice and on another day we'd have been punished. Really pleased though to banish that display from Saturday.

Mention for Austin too, I have dug him out on here for some of his finishing previously but he took his 1st goal so well and he is more than just a poacher, his all round hold up game is excellent, Helguson esque chest and pass game and what an engine. I think he is just not clever enough to know what being tired is!

Special mentions too for Barton and BAE. Joey has really taken some punishment this season and so far has taken it on the chin and retaliated with his football, long may that continue. As for Benny, far far too good for this level and fast becoming my new favourite player, the guy embarrasses at least one player a game and played at least 17 unnecessary hollywood balls that hit the target every time. Pure class.

Hopefully the landlord is not too stiff tomorrow so he can handle his 3rd game in a week and any other little niggles are behind the likes of Carroll and Hoilett who made a real difference today.

Good performance and result. Roll on Blackburn.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

On way home; fcking ref on 00:21 - Dec 4 with 1983 viewsjonno

On way home; fcking ref on 22:58 - Dec 3 by gobbles

I thought Barton was kicked by mistake. Their player was trying to show what the foul was like and Barton walked straight into the kick.

The foul given against Barton was for Barton jumping on the players back - so what the Bournemouth player was doing was definitely not showing the ref what the foul was like. He simply walked up to Barton and stamped his studs down Barton's leg - remember the ball was not even in play as he'd just given them a free kick. Without a doubt the most obvious red card - and right in front of the ref - I think I've ever seen. Unbelievable that the player was not sent off - an absolute disgrace. Credit to Joey for not rolling around in agony though.
On way home; fcking ref on 00:38 - Dec 4 with 1955 viewsactonman

can you imagine that ref pulling that sh!t in the premier league !

by the time the press finished with him, he would be found hanging from the nearest tree to his house. (lets assume it happened in a game involving utd / arsenal)

as it stands , there are only a few thousand rangers fans who went tonight that will ever know it actually happened and he will waltz out somewhere on saturday like nothing happened
On way home; fcking ref on 01:02 - Dec 4 with 1932 viewsTrom

On way home; fcking ref on 23:25 - Dec 3 by baz_qpr

Austin MOTM for me, Carroll had a poor first half and a good second half, we scored three didn't play that brilliantly for long periods, AJ made a difference, I was just bemoaning typical 4-4-2 as a long ball had been chipped down the channel and out of play for the umpteenth time when Johnson gets on the end of one gets a cross in and Austin takes brilliantly.

Dire ref. Hoilett as frustrating as ever despite the goal (starting to wonder if Traore might be a better bet in a 4-4-2

A better team would have destroyed us in midfield we were so open and exposed in the centre at times.

Love LR under the lights shame there has not been more of them this season

Give Hoilett a chances he's just come back from injury.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2013 1:06]
On way home; fcking ref on 01:03 - Dec 4 with 1930 viewsTrom

On way home; fcking ref on 23:54 - Dec 3 by ichbinnaughty

Benoit Assou-Ekotu for me.
The man is the best LB I think I have ever seen down W12. And that includes Wilson. Super player.

Seconded - it just looks so easy for him
Login to get fewer ads

On way home; fcking ref on 01:18 - Dec 4 with 1924 viewsMrGrieves

On way home; fcking ref on 23:21 - Dec 3 by smegma

A friend showed me a tweet from a journo at the game who reckoned the referee was shockingly bad. So its nice to hear it from someone impartial. He also said the lack of a red card for the handball incident is the worse decision hes seen in a long time. The ref stopped the game, took an eternity to decide what happened, went over and spoke to the lino,came back to the incident scene and still hadn't decided what he was going to do. Not only did he not show a card of any colour, he didn't even talk to the defender.The incident took nearly 4 mins YET the 4th official put a board up for two minutes for 'time added on'. So the 4 officials cannot even keep time between the four of them. Usless khunts all of them.

Well played for Barton for keeping his head in the second half although it took the edge off his game a bit. MOTM by a country mile.

Just a theory, but from where I was it looked like the ref hadn't paid attention to who committed the foul. I thought that was what he was asking the lino the second time. Also why he didn't even speak to the player.
On way home; fcking ref on 05:20 - Dec 4 with 1850 viewsthemodfather

i'm glad we won and in the end easily, the ref could really have made us suffer even more
for all our chants of "off off" i was thinking he'll do it alright, to the 1st qpr player he can!
woeful.
aj was excellent and phillips goal was brilliant, i had slated him but added he owes us big time later in the season, maybe he is now settled and fit and confident?
On way home; fcking ref on 07:26 - Dec 4 with 1786 viewsGloucs_R

Morning all. What reception did camp get last night?

I notice a lack of trolls on the board this morning. :-)

Poll: Are we staying up?

On way home; fcking ref on 08:07 - Dec 4 with 1733 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

On way home; fcking ref on 07:26 - Dec 4 by Gloucs_R

Morning all. What reception did camp get last night?

I notice a lack of trolls on the board this morning. :-)

Very good - especially at the start of the second when he had his name sung and there was mutual applauding. The fact he let in 1 goal before he was down the Loft end may have helped but it was a good show from us and him.
On way home; fcking ref on 08:19 - Dec 4 with 1716 viewsAgedR

On way home; fcking ref on 08:07 - Dec 4 by Pablo_Hoopsta

Very good - especially at the start of the second when he had his name sung and there was mutual applauding. The fact he let in 1 goal before he was down the Loft end may have helped but it was a good show from us and him.

He played along with the Lower Loft crowd and had a chat after the third, saying "you don't save those" (in fairness you don't).

Also applauded us for singing "there's only one Lee Camp" and at the end of the game.

All in all a bit of a love in all round

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

On way home; fcking ref on 08:43 - Dec 4 with 1674 viewsPigbag

I sit in X block so was in line with the handball incident and it was without dobut a few yards into the penalty box. One of the worst decisions I've ever seen. Aside from that, great performance! I've not been Carroll's biggest fan but last night he really did raise our tempo which i think we've lacked badly since his injury. So many others deserve mentions also. Found it odd how despite the ground not being at capacity the noise we genrated was louder at times than it has when full this season, like old times.
On way home; fcking ref on 08:58 - Dec 4 with 1651 viewsCharlie1

On way home; fcking ref on 01:18 - Dec 4 by MrGrieves

Just a theory, but from where I was it looked like the ref hadn't paid attention to who committed the foul. I thought that was what he was asking the lino the second time. Also why he didn't even speak to the player.

You've probably hit the nail on the head. Barton and their 8 certainly tangled legs and tripped each other up. I think their 8 either lashed out because a) it was Barton or b) they tried to do a Bradley J.
Fair play to Barton but he did lose the plot towards the end of the first half.

Johnsson was subbed due to fatigue. He runs the channels so well and must be a defenders worse nightmare. The formation does leave us exposed and a better team would have taken the odd chance they created. But some of their play wasn't down to our formation issues just basic mistakes and given the ball away. Dunne and Simpson were guilty last night.

When we click we'll give someone a right hiding....

2:59 baby!

On way home; fcking ref on 10:39 - Dec 4 with 1525 viewsHarbour

Sat in School End (usually sit in Upper Loft) I had clear view of both incidents. Barton fouled the Bmouth defender who got up went up to Barton and kicked him .. the ball was not in play this was done right in front of the ref.... clear red card offence...if Barton had done the same or less he would have gone.

Second incident CA beat the defender who grabbed the ball while on the ground inside the box... goal scoring opp defender was last man should have been red and a penalty..

Ref also missed BA clear foul in the box in the second half they should have had a Pen ref waived it away....awful ref

But great win ...Austin & AJ awsome AJ cross for first goal utter class and superb finish from CA
On way home; fcking ref on 10:39 - Dec 4 with 1525 viewsTacticalR

The ref looked like someone who'd been dragged from non-League football for the evening. It wasn't so much that he made the wrong or right decision, but he seemed completely paralysed once he was unsure about the original decision, and then couldn't make a decision about making a decision! He was like a hung computer and everyone had to wait for him to reboot.

Quite funny when Charlie Austin marched to the penalty spot with the ball while the ref was in sensory overload.

Air hostess clique

On way home; fcking ref on 11:04 - Dec 4 with 1497 viewsMedwayR

I was sat in the lower school end & thought it was a definite red card but outside of the area, the reason I say this is because I think there were 2 handballs as the defender fell with the 1st one outside the box & the second one inside the box so free-kick but red card for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity.

The other incident with Barton I'd need to see again, not really sure what went on. The ref was the worst I've seen for a long time though, so indicisive & many odd decisions.

I've been hoping we'd play 4-4-2 for a while so glad that we did & that it worked so well, Austin looks a lot more of a goal threat when he's got support from Johnson. Trouble is how long until Johnson picks up another injury...

Poll: Who’s better?

On way home; fcking ref on 11:37 - Dec 4 with 1464 viewshoof_hearted

Are we sure that the ref or assistant didn't give the free kick for a shirt pull or a push before the handball? It seemed so obvious that I want to give him the benefit of the doubt and if that's the case then the decision and outcome was exactly right.

Either way, I am glad we beat 11 men as it would've undermined the result if it was against 10.
On way home; fcking ref on 11:46 - Dec 4 with 1442 viewsJonDoeman

https://twitter.com/Joey7Barton

Barton's thoughts on it.

It Is What It Is !!

On way home; fcking ref on 11:57 - Dec 4 with 1428 viewsHantsR

On way home; fcking ref on 11:37 - Dec 4 by hoof_hearted

Are we sure that the ref or assistant didn't give the free kick for a shirt pull or a push before the handball? It seemed so obvious that I want to give him the benefit of the doubt and if that's the case then the decision and outcome was exactly right.

Either way, I am glad we beat 11 men as it would've undermined the result if it was against 10.

That's what I concluded although I was on my feet shouting for a pen like everyone else. I had a pretty good view from SAR and the handball was blatant; clearly in the area so much so that I could only think that the whistle had already gone. The fact that the free kick was ultimately set well outside the box tends to support this.

Otherwise, the refs simply a k*nt
On way home; fcking ref on 11:59 - Dec 4 with 1427 viewshoof_hearted

Not looking good for the ref unless he claims he saw something that the assistant didn't see before the handball.

We'll have to watch out for his next appointment to see how low they put him after that. I'm guessing a Northern Counties East League, mid table clash.
On way home; fcking ref on 12:34 - Dec 4 with 1396 viewsPommyhoop

Just seen the highlights. Shocking decision. Barton deserves a medal for not giving in to the red mist. Even the boy Loineker would've lost it last night..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

On way home; fcking ref on 12:57 - Dec 4 with 1377 viewsjoolsyp

On way home; fcking ref on 22:34 - Dec 3 by queensparker

Just back home - enjoyed that.

How that ref didn't give a red for the handball God only knows - Austin was clean through and the defender scooped it out of his path. Looked a pen as well. But you could tell by the way the bald little git was strutting back from the lino he was loving the attention and was going to do something stupid.

Didn't see what happened with Barton but at least it livened up the atmosphere, was worried he was going to get himself sent off. He's grown up a bit these days.

MOM Johnson for me, we look so much more dangerous with him up front as the out ball (although to be fair we were a lot more open, better teams would have created a lot more chances against us today).

Honourable mentions to Hoilett who got stuck in and looked up for it, and Charlie who never stopped running all game (he does run weirdly doesn't he, looks like a slow Michael Johnson).

"although to be fair we were a lot more open, better teams would have created a lot more chances against us today"

This - that was as close to 4-4-2 as we're going to get and we were so open at times. Imagine playing like that against the likes of Leicester, Forest and Reading - we'll get ripped apart.

As nice as it was it is no long-term solution as we don't have the midfield for a 4-4-2. Yes little Tommy C buzzed around and made us tick but he'll get bullied by better teams.
On way home; fcking ref on 13:04 - Dec 4 with 1365 viewsPommyhoop

On way home; fcking ref on 12:57 - Dec 4 by joolsyp

"although to be fair we were a lot more open, better teams would have created a lot more chances against us today"

This - that was as close to 4-4-2 as we're going to get and we were so open at times. Imagine playing like that against the likes of Leicester, Forest and Reading - we'll get ripped apart.

As nice as it was it is no long-term solution as we don't have the midfield for a 4-4-2. Yes little Tommy C buzzed around and made us tick but he'll get bullied by better teams.

We dont have to play it against Leicester, Forest and Reading. There are plenty of teams we can spank playing 2 strikers in this div.Home and away ( include our last lost game in that).

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024