Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To be or not to be . 19:30 - Dec 12 with 1038 viewsbwildered

Wayne Brown for manager anyone ?
One win against Conferance opposition in extra time in the cup and a league home defeat against the bottom side in the division .

The verdict is out - or is it ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

To be or not to be . on 20:49 - Dec 12 with 1009 viewsdurham_exile

Bwildered I have always wanted Karl Duguid to manage but RC has suggested an internal appointment. Chris Powell or Kit Symons would also do the job, whatever happens decision must be made this week for the sake of our club.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

To be or not to be . on 12:07 - Dec 13 with 960 viewsbwildered

Wonder if Doogie should not have left the Academy set up when he did , to keep playing. Therefore would have still been under RC's radar , did his coaching qualifacations .
Wonder if Wayne Brown with Kit Symonds has over general is on the cards, until the end of the season for reassessment .

To be or not to be . on 14:02 - Dec 13 with 944 viewsburnsieespana

Don't see in all honesty what Kit Symonds can add. If we bring somebody like him in best to go the whole hog and bring sonebody from outside as out and out Manager. I am totally undecided on the best way forward as do not think Duguid is the right person at present as zero xperience wheras Brown has at least Managed in the Acadamy set up. Just glad I am not Cowling because I think we are at a major moment from whence it could go really well or horribly wrong. Would dearly love to know who the 100 or so unsolicited applications have been from.
To be or not to be . on 14:32 - Dec 13 with 937 viewsLeadbelly

To be or not to be . on 14:02 - Dec 13 by burnsieespana

Don't see in all honesty what Kit Symonds can add. If we bring somebody like him in best to go the whole hog and bring sonebody from outside as out and out Manager. I am totally undecided on the best way forward as do not think Duguid is the right person at present as zero xperience wheras Brown has at least Managed in the Acadamy set up. Just glad I am not Cowling because I think we are at a major moment from whence it could go really well or horribly wrong. Would dearly love to know who the 100 or so unsolicited applications have been from.

I'd like to hear from anyone who, hand on heart, believes that Wayne Brown is a better option than all 100 external candidates who have applied.

And another question...if it is Mr Cowling who dictates that we play 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 throughout the club (a significant number of fans think this is the case) does it really matter who he picks as manager if what he really wants is a yes man?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

To be or not to be . on 20:40 - Dec 13 with 907 viewsmfb_cufc

After going to 4-4-2 in the second-half yesterday, Adolf Cowling is not going to be impressed by Brown doing his own thing. I hope so anyway, because the need for an external appointment has never been greater. Cowling can only go for an internal appointment though, because no external manager worth his salt will have the Chairman dictating to them the clubs philosophy. Especially a philosophy that has seen the team fight relegation four seasons in a row.

mfb

To be or not to be . on 01:18 - Dec 14 with 873 viewswessex_exile

Robbie Cowling chooses the formation, and presumably therefore the squad - do me a favour. That's down to the manager, and we've had a few in recent years that simply haven't been good enough at it. Wayne Brown as assistant maybe, but not manager for me, and I don't fancy Kit Symons either, nor indeed Karl Duguid - new manager, new broom needed for me.

Adolf Cowling though MFB, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

To be or not to be . on 08:56 - Dec 14 with 864 viewsAFCMorant

Not for me. Needs to bring in someone from outside the club.
To be or not to be . on 09:08 - Dec 14 with 858 viewsBarsidepete

Que Sera, Sera ...

A win at Rochdale is not really realistic. A point would do. I agree with others that it's unclear who would want this job on their CV as relegation always seems in the realm of possibility.

Let's see what WB can do. Maybe it will be a shocking surprise.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Login to get fewer ads

To be or not to be . on 09:41 - Dec 14 with 850 viewsnoah4x4

To be or not to be . on 01:18 - Dec 14 by wessex_exile

Robbie Cowling chooses the formation, and presumably therefore the squad - do me a favour. That's down to the manager, and we've had a few in recent years that simply haven't been good enough at it. Wayne Brown as assistant maybe, but not manager for me, and I don't fancy Kit Symons either, nor indeed Karl Duguid - new manager, new broom needed for me.

Adolf Cowling though MFB, you should be ashamed of yourself.

I echo all you say Wessex, notably about the last comment.

The club has a philosophy that it's owner will invest in the youth academy because he cannot invest in senior players beyond the limits of financial fair play. The club has a philosophy to play to try and play attractive "football" in a style mirrored by most Premiership clubs. The academy is attracting and developing a pipeline of talent; just look at the results from under 16's to under 21's. But to suggest that Cowling has any influence over the First XI beyond that is patently ridiculous.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2015 9:43]
To be or not to be . on 18:56 - Dec 14 with 787 viewspwrightsknees

I think Noah is right in that RC may have a philosophy for the club, but he would not, in my view, interfere with team selection or tactics. In his autobiography, the late great Len Shackleton famously included a chapter headed “What the average director knows about football”. Then left a blank page.

To have a philosophy to replicate premiership style football is admirable. And I compliment TH on assembling a talented squad of players. But what TH failed to do is make it work. I like the passing game — "chess on a football field" — but there has to be an end product, and TH failed to consistently deliver a successful outcome. And, sorry Noah, our style of play was certainly anything but attractive. It was dull, boring and sterile (anaesthetic rather than aesthetic — not my quote). There was, in my view, too much concentration on technique rather than the importance of winning. Too much emphasis on “shape” which inhibited players’ freedom of movement and innovation. How many times has Callum Harriott roasted a full back only to find there was no-one in the penalty area to cross to?

Neither TH nor RC seemed to wake up to the fact that what the U16s to U21s achieve does not necessarily translate to success for the first team. It is not the youngsters (who we must keep on developing, of course), but it is the first team results that bring in — or fail to bring in — numbers through the turnstiles and much needed revenue.

TH’s tactics were one dimensional. Little evidence of a plan B or plan C. Tactics don’t just need to be varied from match to match, or from half to half, but there must be flexibility and variation throughout the match to exploit opportunities. From time to time we should adopt a more direct style, play through the channels, an occasional long ball (people admired Steven Gerrard for doing it), or even “parking the bus” if necessary.

Whoever gets the manager’s job will inherit a quality group of players from TH. Let's not waste it. The new manager must be more flexible and imaginative.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2015 1:28]
To be or not to be . on 20:34 - Dec 14 with 776 viewsbwildered

WB will certainly be in charge at Rochadale Sat , with hopefully overall appointment made by Boxing Day , RC stated at Fans Forum tonight .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024