Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's to withdraw a % of their annuity at the People's Pension Stadium 19:44 - Dec 31 with 1041 viewsdurham_exile

No game since that shocking defeat against the Saddlers on December 11th has seen Colchester drop to 20th in the league with 22 points from 20 games played. Clearly a false position and with games in hand a decent run of results will see the U’s close the gap on the top seven.

After the creepy game against Crawley, we have an interesting run of matches:

Sutton A Jan 4 Papa John’s Trophy
Rochdale H Jan 8
FGR A Jan 11
Barrow H Jan 15
Salford A Jan 22
Swindon H Jan 29

We will also be into the Transfer window with the spectre of Nottingham Forest running the runes over Brendan Wiredu. Now as far as I am concerned Wiredu is still a Colchester United player and contracted to play. As such he should play every game until the situation becomes clearer as to his future. Wiredu should command a figure of £500,000 (although Charlton may have a buy back clause or sell on percentage fee). Whatever happens the speculation is unsettling for both club and player. Let us hope that the once famous Nottingham Forest, but now a shadow of their former selves, prove not to have the pulling power for our talisman midfielder.

Anyway, the Transfer window opens at midnight on Saturday January 1 and closes on Monday January 31 at 11pm.

Whether Scunny can resist the lure of £50,000 for their striker Ryan Loft is debatable. However, given the secrecy that always surrounds any bids that we make for players, I am surprised that such information has been made public.

Given that we have about £150k in the war chest I would hope that Loft is not the only additional player to enter the club in January whilst any money gained from the sale of Wiredu will have to go towards the spiralling debts incurred this season. Sad but true.

Selected table positions:

FGR 20 44
Northampton 21 40
Tranmere 22 38
Sutton 22 36
PV 21 35
Newport 22 34
Swindon 21 34

18th Crawley 20 25
20th COLU 20 22

HM and AD take their COVID recovered charges to the Broadfield Stadium (aka People’s Pension Stadium). Our record against the Red Devils is not great with only 4 wins from 19 games with 6 draws and 9 defeats. The latest coming in an unlucky 1-0 defeat at the JSCS earlier in the season.

Frankly we owe them big time and 2022 couldn’t get off to a better start than with a win against Crawley led by John Yems and Reece Grego-Cox.

Now I don’t know which Colchester players were stricken with the COVID virus but George, Nouble and Kennedy should be back in contention after the additional recovery time from injury.

So, I would go with the following team at Crawley:

Turner

Tchamadeu Chambers Smith Daniels

Skuse Wiredu

Jasper Judge Hannant

Sears

Subs:
George Tovide McCoulsky Kennedy Coxe Clampin Nouble

In other news former U’s player Ollie Kensdale has joined Seaweed. Good luck to him but not them.

The weather at Crawley is scheduled to be a balmy 13 degrees Celsius, mostly cloudy and with a 20% chance of rain.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful and enjoy the game.

Time to get back to winning ways. What about 3-1 to the U’s
A Happy New Year to all the faithful and bring back the three points.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Super U's to withdraw a % of their annuity at the People's Pension Stadium on 23:25 - Dec 31 with 980 viewswessex_exile

Excellent write-up as always Durham, but I do have to disagree about Wiredu. If half a million is at stake (and I suspect it might even be a 7-figure sum), we'd be insane to risk that on a relatively meaningless game against Creepy Crawley. As for the reported fee for Loft, as these things are usually kept under wraps, I wouldn't be surprised if his agent has leaked that to try and drum up the price in a bidding war.

Otherwise, good line-up to me, with Chilvers instead of Wiredu, and would be more than happy with your score outcome. Game definitely on now, train ticket bought, so Up the U's!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Super U's to withdraw a % of their annuity at the People's Pension Stadium on 23:51 - Dec 31 with 975 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to withdraw a % of their annuity at the People's Pension Stadium on 23:25 - Dec 31 by wessex_exile

Excellent write-up as always Durham, but I do have to disagree about Wiredu. If half a million is at stake (and I suspect it might even be a 7-figure sum), we'd be insane to risk that on a relatively meaningless game against Creepy Crawley. As for the reported fee for Loft, as these things are usually kept under wraps, I wouldn't be surprised if his agent has leaked that to try and drum up the price in a bidding war.

Otherwise, good line-up to me, with Chilvers instead of Wiredu, and would be more than happy with your score outcome. Game definitely on now, train ticket bought, so Up the U's!

Wessex safe journey enjoy the game.

Happy New Year

I am hoping that the story about Wiredu is only paper talk.

Agree Chilvers if Wiredu doesn't play.

Durham_exile

Super U's to withdraw a % of their annuity at the People's Pension Stadium on 09:08 - Jan 1 with 957 viewsnoah4x4

Happy New Year to all!

Feels wonderful to be pulling on my Col U regalia and heading to a match. What a boring miserable December. It’s probably good to have had a break after the shambles that occurred at Walsall.
Super U's to withdraw a % of their annuity at the People's Pension Stadium on 14:14 - Jan 1 with 901 viewsmfb_cufc

U's side to face Crawley: Turner, Tchamadeu, Eastman, Smith, Coxe, Skuse, Wiredu, Chilvers, Dobra, Judge, Sears

U's subs v Crawley: Chambers, Cooper, Hannant, Kennedy, Jasper, Tovide, Collins

mfb

Super U's to withdraw a % of their annuity at the People's Pension Stadium on 14:57 - Jan 1 with 894 viewsnoah4x4

Worst catering ever. Cheeseburger so cardboard was tempted to dip it in Wessex’s Bovril, but resisted, covid respectful. Good U’s following. Ready for a successful 2022. But hope we can keep going for a full 9000 + ! Still worried about too many Ipswich Dads Army.
Super U's to withdraw a % of their annuity at the People's Pension Stadium on 15:20 - Jan 1 with 884 viewsMoor_Pinot

Super U's to withdraw a % of their annuity at the People's Pension Stadium on 14:14 - Jan 1 by mfb_cufc

U's side to face Crawley: Turner, Tchamadeu, Eastman, Smith, Coxe, Skuse, Wiredu, Chilvers, Dobra, Judge, Sears

U's subs v Crawley: Chambers, Cooper, Hannant, Kennedy, Jasper, Tovide, Collins

No Jasper.
Already one goal down and as ever look fragile.
Confidence must be an issue by now.

Moor Pinot

Super U's to withdraw a % of their annuity at the People's Pension Stadium on 15:48 - Jan 1 with 862 viewsnoah4x4

2-0. HT. worse display than Walsall

Crawley too physical for our lightweight forwards and slow defence. Lino and referee awful.
Super U's to withdraw a % of their annuity at the People's Pension Stadium on 16:10 - Jan 1 with 847 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to withdraw a % of their annuity at the People's Pension Stadium on 15:48 - Jan 1 by noah4x4

2-0. HT. worse display than Walsall

Crawley too physical for our lightweight forwards and slow defence. Lino and referee awful.

2022 has got off to the worst possible start.

A huge 45 minutes come on the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Super U's to withdraw a % of their annuity at the People's Pension Stadium on 16:18 - Jan 1 with 840 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to withdraw a % of their annuity at the People's Pension Stadium on 16:10 - Jan 1 by durham_exile

2022 has got off to the worst possible start.

A huge 45 minutes come on the U's

An absolute disgrace.

Are there two sides currently worse than us.

Up the woeful U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to withdraw a % of their annuity at the People's Pension Stadium on 16:19 - Jan 1 with 838 viewsnoah4x4

Disgraceful performance by the ex Ipswich Dads Army.

3-0 and we have had one limp shot.

Humes, De Souza and Mullins out!
Super U's to withdraw a % of their annuity at the People's Pension Stadium on 16:28 - Jan 1 with 827 viewsgerry_us

Super U's to withdraw a % of their annuity at the People's Pension Stadium on 16:18 - Jan 1 by durham_exile

An absolute disgrace.

Up the woeful U's

Luckily there are Peter otherwise we would be stone cold certain relegation material.
Could do with a win soon and maybe even an away goal. Ho hum.
Super U's to withdraw a % of their annuity at the People's Pension Stadium on 16:29 - Jan 1 with 827 viewsMoor_Pinot

Super U's to withdraw a % of their annuity at the People's Pension Stadium on 16:18 - Jan 1 by durham_exile

An absolute disgrace.

Up the woeful U's

No.

I've been fighting this within myself with every performance. I'm in denial. We were barely good enough to stay up last time. The overal quality this time is different but no better. We do look the poor side I've been trying to ignore. We're not half way through the season though so there's time to change a few things but will we?

Moor Pinot

Super U's to withdraw a % of their annuity at the People's Pension Stadium on 16:36 - Jan 1 with 821 viewsBFG

Sleepwalking towards relegation again.
Super U's to withdraw a % of their annuity at the People's Pension Stadium on 16:39 - Jan 1 with 816 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to withdraw a % of their annuity at the People's Pension Stadium on 16:36 - Jan 1 by BFG

Sleepwalking towards relegation again.

A glimmer of hope first goal in 7 away games.
Sears but Jasper has made a huge difference.

Come on

Durham_exile

Super U's to withdraw a % of their annuity at the People's Pension Stadium on 16:41 - Jan 1 with 816 viewsgerry_us

Ipswich pensioner scores
Start on the comeback? Ten minutes to go.
Super U's to withdraw a % of their annuity at the People's Pension Stadium on 16:57 - Jan 1 with 802 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to withdraw a % of their annuity at the People's Pension Stadium on 16:41 - Jan 1 by gerry_us

Ipswich pensioner scores
Start on the comeback? Ten minutes to go.

Sadly only a consolation.

Things can only get better.

Hopefully Forest will lose interest in Wiredu.

Will we sign Loft?

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to withdraw a % of their annuity at the People's Pension Stadium on 17:15 - Jan 1 with 780 viewsnoah4x4

Going three at back and playing Jasper made a huge difference, But the damage was long done. Coxe simply awful. Dobra and Sears too lightweight against Crawley big thugs. Team too slow and ponderous.
Super U's to withdraw a % of their annuity at the People's Pension Stadium on 18:21 - Jan 1 with 752 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to withdraw a % of their annuity at the People's Pension Stadium on 17:15 - Jan 1 by noah4x4

Going three at back and playing Jasper made a huge difference, But the damage was long done. Coxe simply awful. Dobra and Sears too lightweight against Crawley big thugs. Team too slow and ponderous.

The stats suggested we had more shots and more on target than Crawley.

If we do sign Loft will he convert these chances because we cannot keep losing to crap sides like Crawley.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to withdraw a % of their annuity at the People's Pension Stadium on 18:50 - Jan 1 with 745 viewsbwildered

Only connect summing up

Clue1 - first away goal in 629 minutes- yep six hundred and twenty nine minutes.
Clue 2 - another 3 goals conceded .
Clue3 - another common talk is cheap reply by management in post match interview
Clue4 - another common talk is cheap reply by player represent

Answer - we are now the new Southend United of L2 .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Super U's to withdraw a % of their annuity at the People's Pension Stadium on 22:09 - Jan 1 with 691 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to withdraw a % of their annuity at the People's Pension Stadium on 18:50 - Jan 1 by bwildered

Only connect summing up

Clue1 - first away goal in 629 minutes- yep six hundred and twenty nine minutes.
Clue 2 - another 3 goals conceded .
Clue3 - another common talk is cheap reply by management in post match interview
Clue4 - another common talk is cheap reply by player represent

Answer - we are now the new Southend United of L2 .

bwildered I accept everything except however bad things get we are not as shockingly bad as Southend

If the club is determined to do something then this transfer window is the time to put things right.

Up the U's.

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024