Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight 19:01 - Feb 22 with 2332 viewsdurham_exile

Last Saturday the 2pm game was an unmitigated disaster. Another 3-0 defeat and again we make an average side look good.

We now move on to four successive Home games. These will define our season and anything less than 9 points will see the U’s firmly in the brown and pungent.

Now the good news, players are returning from injury and must be pressed into service. The rot must be stopped. Hartlepool United, the Monkey Hangers, now unbeaten in 7 games come to the JSCS led by Graeme Lee. This match of course was postponed last December owing to multiple COVID casualties amongst the Hartlepool squad.

John Akinde, Noah Chilvers, Corie Andrews and Tom Dallison should all figure in the matchday 18. It is uncertain whether Shamal George will be returned between the sticks. WB appears to have taken a dislike to George after his sending off or maybe to be charitable Sam Hornby has been playing very well.

Still, I want to see wholesale changes tonight. I have banged on all season about two strikers and I am not about to let up tonight. WB has got to stop the fear of defeat from making his side more adventurous. We go 2-0 down and only then start to play. It is not good enough.

This is the side that must start tonight in a 4,3,1,2 formation:

George

Tchamadeu Chambers Dallison Kenlock

Skuse Wiredu Chilvers

Judge

Andrews Sears

Subs
Hornby MWH Smith Huws Hannant Akinde Edwards

John Akinde would start if fully fit but I think he has taken longer to get over the COVID malaise and should be given 30 minutes in the second half from the bench.
Emyr Huws is a good player but Wiredu and Chilvers start ahead of him in my team formation.

Andrews should be given 90 minutes and Sears should go off after 60 minutes for Big John.

Table
Barrow 31 31
COL U 31 31
Oldham 30 29
Carlisle 31 28
Scunny 32 32

Our games in hand have been whittled away, one might say thrown away. Oldham are recovering and we play them next in the ultimate six pointer. And of course, after Orient and Port Vale we travel to Scunny for yet another 6 pointer.

Apologies to RS Cosworth but I am afraid that I have finally come to terms with the fact that it is all about survival now and finding 19 more points. The dream or fantasy of 70 points has long since disappeared. The remaining fixtures should allow this to happen but not if we play poorly again like last Saturday.

Six of those points should come against the Monkey Hangers just to rub it into Jeff Stelling (who hates Colchester).

Hartlepool H
Oldham H
Orient H
PV H
Scunny A*
Bristol Rovers A
FGR H - Live on Sky
Tranmere H
Harrogate A*
Stevenage H
Exeter A
Bradford H
Newport A
Walsall H
Hartlepool A*

Score prediction 3-1 Colchester tonight.

IFollow £10 to watch the match live.

Weather tonight at the JSCS 7 degrees Celsius clear and dry which makes a pleasant change.

Attendance less than 2,500.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 19:05 - Feb 22 with 1606 viewsdurham_exile

The good news is that WB is playing two strikers.

The bad news Dallison is left out.

Team

Hornby

Coxe Chambers Smith Kenlock

Wiredu Skuse Chilvers

Sears Akinde Edwards

Subs
George Judge Dallison Andrews Tchamadeu Wright

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 20:08 - Feb 22 with 1567 viewsdurham_exile

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 19:05 - Feb 22 by durham_exile

The good news is that WB is playing two strikers.

The bad news Dallison is left out.

Team

Hornby

Coxe Chambers Smith Kenlock

Wiredu Skuse Chilvers

Sears Akinde Edwards

Subs
George Judge Dallison Andrews Tchamadeu Wright

Up the U's

Chilvers 21 today and marks it with a goal

Akinde did well

Durham_exile

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 20:09 - Feb 22 with 1551 viewswessex_exile

Have to say it, not an assist, but a goal created by Coxe's perseverance - Come on Col U!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 20:12 - Feb 22 with 1560 viewsthrillseeker

Hopefully the goal will lift the confidence and we can go on to win
Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 20:21 - Feb 22 with 1552 viewsdurham_exile

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 20:12 - Feb 22 by thrillseeker

Hopefully the goal will lift the confidence and we can go on to win

Coxe unlucky hitting the post.

We deserve to have a two goal lead.

Durham_exile

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 20:22 - Feb 22 with 1550 viewsdurham_exile

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 20:21 - Feb 22 by durham_exile

Coxe unlucky hitting the post.

We deserve to have a two goal lead.

Sears looks tired.

Andrews to replace him at half time.

Durham_exile

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 20:33 - Feb 22 with 1546 viewsdurham_exile

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 20:22 - Feb 22 by durham_exile

Sears looks tired.

Andrews to replace him at half time.

HT 1-0

We deserved the lead and have been good value.

Need an early second goal after HT.

Up the U's

Akinde and Chilvers very good tonight. We we

Durham_exile

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 20:50 - Feb 22 with 1531 viewsdurham_exile

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 20:33 - Feb 22 by durham_exile

HT 1-0

We deserved the lead and have been good value.

Need an early second goal after HT.

Up the U's

Akinde and Chilvers very good tonight. We we

Come on the U's
Another shot off the post.

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 20:58 - Feb 22 with 1529 viewsdurham_exile

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 20:50 - Feb 22 by durham_exile

Come on the U's
Another shot off the post.

Another shite referee

Where do they get them from

Durham_exile

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 21:03 - Feb 22 with 1525 viewsdurham_exile

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 20:58 - Feb 22 by durham_exile

Another shite referee

Where do they get them from

Akinde off Andrews on

Attendance 2115

Durham_exile

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 21:15 - Feb 22 with 1505 viewsgerry_us

Oh how I hate "1-0 to the U's"

And hey-ho 1-1.
Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 21:19 - Feb 22 with 1488 viewsdurham_exile

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 21:15 - Feb 22 by gerry_us

Oh how I hate "1-0 to the U's"

And hey-ho 1-1.

Our defence is powderpuff another gift and it's 2-1 to the monkey hangers.

Durham_exile

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 21:21 - Feb 22 with 1479 viewsdurham_exile

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 21:19 - Feb 22 by durham_exile

Our defence is powderpuff another gift and it's 2-1 to the monkey hangers.

We might as well call it a day.

I cannot believe how our defence folds like a pack of cards

Durham_exile

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 21:24 - Feb 22 with 1474 viewsdurham_exile

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 21:21 - Feb 22 by durham_exile

We might as well call it a day.

I cannot believe how our defence folds like a pack of cards

Frankly this is simply not good enough.

Durham_exile

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 21:27 - Feb 22 with 1465 viewsdurham_exile

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 21:24 - Feb 22 by durham_exile

Frankly this is simply not good enough.

Another three points thrown away.

So poor.

The defence at fault for both

I am seething.

Durham_exile

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 21:31 - Feb 22 with 1458 viewsBFG

Unfortunately pound shop managers are not an option at this stage of the game, lose Sat and we might be in the bottom 3
[Post edited 22 Feb 2022 21:32]
Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 21:34 - Feb 22 with 1445 viewsdurham_exile

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 21:31 - Feb 22 by BFG

Unfortunately pound shop managers are not an option at this stage of the game, lose Sat and we might be in the bottom 3
[Post edited 22 Feb 2022 21:32]

I fear bottom two after this performance

Oldham will not fear this shambles.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 21:42 - Feb 22 with 1427 viewspwrightsknees

That wasn't only bad management, tactics, but we must really blame the players for that disaster.
Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 21:43 - Feb 22 with 1422 viewsburnsieespana

What a bloody disaster.
We have frittered away our games in hand.
Frightening future ahead.
Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 22:33 - Feb 22 with 1324 viewsbwildered

Just another No2’s day at the office.
Totally inept in all departments, on and off the pitch, by people who should know different, which makes it all the worse.
We only have OURSELVES to blame .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 09:10 - Feb 23 with 1168 viewsthrillseeker

I had to miss last nights game so cannot comment on performances.

I have never been a fan of WB to be manager but give him support as he is manager of the team I support.

WB is NOT the long term answer

WB has fallen into the same trap of other recent managers of playing the same players irrespective of form and out of position.

However in my view the failings are primarily at the door of the recruitment team.

I am too pissed off to comment further but looking forward to Saturday where nothing less than 3 points will do
Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 09:23 - Feb 23 with 1163 viewsthrillseeker

Comical defending for both their goals

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 10:30 - Feb 23 with 1126 viewsLeadbelly

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 09:23 - Feb 23 by thrillseeker

Comical defending for both their goals

Comical indeed but nobody's laughing.

Brown has had 8 games this time round (i think) and we are one place and the same number of points above the relegation zone as when Mullins left. The problem is we no longer have those games in hand.

This season is feeling very much like last season. If we lose on Saturday surely the chairman will have to act.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 13:04 - Feb 23 with 1070 viewsdurham_exile

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 10:30 - Feb 23 by Leadbelly

Comical indeed but nobody's laughing.

Brown has had 8 games this time round (i think) and we are one place and the same number of points above the relegation zone as when Mullins left. The problem is we no longer have those games in hand.

This season is feeling very much like last season. If we lose on Saturday surely the chairman will have to act.

Totally agree LB
A match that we threw away with some shocking defending.

Another game where we had chances to secure a two goal lead and ended up gifting two very simple and straightforward goals.

Oldham Athletic will come with no fear whatsoever and frankly if we lose then we could drop into the bottom two.

It is fast becoming a nightmare season and WB must sort out the defence and ensure that he plays two strikers. Once John Akinde went off we lost initiative in the final third.

Play Tchamadeu, Chambers, Dallison and Kenlock at the back. Bring Shamal George back as number One.

Play Wiredu, Skuse and Chilvers in midfield and Sears, Akinde and Edwards up front.

Still too angry to write more.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Monkey Hangers hung out to dry at the JSCS tonight on 16:32 - Feb 23 with 1021 viewsWitham

Sorry Durham but Tschamadu was inept at Northampton and needs to get his confidence back. Come played one of his best games in a U's shirt and should have been MoM.

Wiredu is not playing well - whether that's coaching or anxiety time will tell.

Sears was given more of a midfield winger role and Judge played very deep.

Before Hartlepool scored we were about to make a defensive change but then Ts hands was sat down again and never came on - which means that we deliberately kept a tired defender on.

We're booked into our hotels for all the remaining away games but I don't think there will be much celebrating.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024