Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So then... 10:46 - Apr 28 with 643 viewswessex_exile

...who do we want to lose, who do we want to gain?

For me, alongside Bristol City I don't think Wolves have no chance of dodging the inevitable, but after that there are quite a few still in the relegation scrape. No thanks to Millwall, they can stay put as far as I'm concerned, Sheff Wed would be amusing, but I think on balance Posh would be a welcome addition to the fixture list for our travelling support.

As for the League 1 play-offs, from a purely selfish perspective I'd like to keep trips to Yeovil, Swindon and definitely Brentford, which means Sheff Utd for promotion (shame to lose a big club, but Wolves will soften the disappointment).

League 2 play-offs is a tricky one - Cheltenham is easily the best one for us exiles in the SW, Burton isn't too bad (and would be a new ground for me), always nice to have a excuse to head back to Bradford to see mates, eat curry etc., but again for another East Anglian sort of derby match, I'm going for Northampton.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

So then... on 10:49 - Apr 28 with 636 viewswessex_exile

"don't think Wolves have no chance"

Ouch - *any

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

So then... on 11:58 - Apr 28 with 625 viewsDaniel

Personal preference purely so I can go to a couple of grounds I've not done yet, Millwall to come down, Burton to come up. Otherwise, Peterborough or Sheffield Wednesday would be welcome additions to boost crowd numbers.

Are Blackburn safe?
So then... on 12:35 - Apr 28 with 615 viewsgerry_us

How about Rotherham at the "New York Stadium?" Now that will be some trip!
So then... on 14:36 - Apr 28 with 605 viewscarruthers

Sadly Wolves are doomed, although I said that about the U's,it wil be good to have a game against Gillingham.
So then... on 14:57 - Apr 29 with 562 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I'd like Wolves and Sheffield Wednesday to come down just because they'd be two more big clubs for League One.

I'd like Yeovil to go up as always had a soft spot for them and it would be amazing to see them in the Championship.

And finally I'd like Northampton to come up from League Two as it's a reasonably local game and we should have a fairly good idea how the opposition are going to play!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

So then... on 14:57 - May 7 with 506 viewsRSCOSWORTH

So it's Peterborough, Wolves and Bristol City. With either Brentford or Yeovil leaving us and either Northampton or Bradford joining us.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

So then... on 15:44 - May 7 with 502 viewsLeadbelly

I hope Yeovil make it. Away trip to Brentford is much easier and I always like to see someone put one over on the Blunts.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

So then... on 17:26 - May 8 with 473 viewscarruthers

Would like to see Brentford promoted,I always considered them [and Orient ]to be kindred souls with us. That and the fact I don't like Yeovil.
It is rather amusing that we all have our likes and dislikes, almost worthy of a thread on its own.
Login to get fewer ads

So then... on 17:45 - May 8 with 469 viewsBluenWightExile

Sadly Curruthers old bean, having lived and worked 22 years in Somerset and especially in the Yeovil area, often attending conferences in their stadium boardroom etc I just know too many of their so called fans and their narrow attitudes to be hopeful of their promotion. I'm with Brentford too!

Pinault-noir

So then... on 11:03 - May 10 with 436 viewsAFCMorant

So then... on 17:26 - May 8 by carruthers

Would like to see Brentford promoted,I always considered them [and Orient ]to be kindred souls with us. That and the fact I don't like Yeovil.
It is rather amusing that we all have our likes and dislikes, almost worthy of a thread on its own.

There you go - I have a soft spot for Yeovil and their fans from our 0-0 draw there that saw us promoted to the Championship, they were all so friendly in the pub and around the town after, with cars hooting us and fans giving us the thumbs up. I have nothing against the Bees either, always a very enjoyable trip and easy to get to and that's the only reason I'd like them to stay down.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024