Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hearts Rangers and Hibs potentially in the Championship? 14:01 - May 22 with 1058 viewsBarsidepete

Is this how hard the SPL has fallen? The Championship more intriguing than the top tier?

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Hearts Rangers and Hibs potentially in the Championship? on 15:45 - May 22 with 1050 viewsLeadbelly

Even with Lennon leaving Celtic there is nothing intriguing about Scottish football. Monkey tennis, Fruitbat?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Hearts Rangers and Hibs potentially in the Championship? on 18:06 - May 22 with 1037 viewsbwildered

Surely blow football.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Hearts Rangers and Hibs potentially in the Championship? on 19:37 - May 22 with 1024 viewsFruitbat

Hearts Rangers and Hibs potentially in the Championship? on 15:45 - May 22 by Leadbelly

Even with Lennon leaving Celtic there is nothing intriguing about Scottish football. Monkey tennis, Fruitbat?

Given SPLsquads largely appear to be made up of ex L1 players I'm not conviced it's as good as monkey tennis.
Hearts Rangers and Hibs potentially in the Championship? on 01:23 - May 23 with 1006 viewsBarsidepete

Hearts Rangers and Hibs potentially in the Championship? on 19:37 - May 22 by Fruitbat

Given SPLsquads largely appear to be made up of ex L1 players I'm not conviced it's as good as monkey tennis.

Feels like the final nail for the SPL, the Celtic situation. I mean Neil Lennon left Celtic without an immediate job prospect.

At some point the FA and the FL need to step in and say enough. I'd be ok with the U's v Hibs on a Tuesday night -- meaning they can't start higher than Lg 1 (if not Lg 2) ..

Hearts Rangers and Hibs potentially in the Championship? on 17:58 - May 23 with 974 viewsFruitbat

Hearts Rangers and Hibs potentially in the Championship? on 01:23 - May 23 by Barsidepete

Feels like the final nail for the SPL, the Celtic situation. I mean Neil Lennon left Celtic without an immediate job prospect.

At some point the FA and the FL need to step in and say enough. I'd be ok with the U's v Hibs on a Tuesday night -- meaning they can't start higher than Lg 1 (if not Lg 2) ..

Perhaps the Prem could send their B teams up to Scotland to play and not pi$$ about with the rest of us. :-)
Hearts Rangers and Hibs potentially in the Championship? on 18:24 - May 23 with 972 viewswessex_exile

Hearts Rangers and Hibs potentially in the Championship? on 17:58 - May 23 by Fruitbat

Perhaps the Prem could send their B teams up to Scotland to play and not pi$$ about with the rest of us. :-)

Now that's not a bad idea at all!

Not only a chance for our youngsters to experience foreign travel, explore new exotic cultures, try and learn a strange yet persistently indecipherable language etc, but the natives will get to watch some decent football for once as well - surely a win-win situation?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Hearts Rangers and Hibs potentially in the Championship? on 18:59 - May 25 with 929 viewsthrillseeker

And there you have it...........Rangers, Hearts & Hibernian in the Scottish Championship next season.

Scottish football really is now in turmoil. I wouldn't be surprised to see the TV deal renegotiated with a reduction in Scottish Premier games and more Championship ones shown.

Another boring season for Celtic fans when they should really win everything unlike this season.

A number of Scottish Premier clubs are on the brink of financial collapse and need the so called bigger teams to assist funds. Unfortunately the funds will now be spread around the Championship clubs
Hearts Rangers and Hibs potentially in the Championship? on 22:11 - May 25 with 921 viewsbwildered

Has the puff gone out of blow football ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Login to get fewer ads

Hearts Rangers and Hibs potentially in the Championship? on 18:44 - May 26 with 902 viewsFruitbat

Ben Williams and Alan Maybury on list of 14 players released by Hibs
Hearts Rangers and Hibs potentially in the Championship? on 14:34 - May 27 with 876 viewsBarsidepete

Hearts Rangers and Hibs potentially in the Championship? on 18:44 - May 26 by Fruitbat

Ben Williams and Alan Maybury on list of 14 players released by Hibs

And this now, .. sorted: "attendances" 13/14 ...

Clubs in the Scottish Championship 2014/15 (Attendances 2013/14) ..... I mean are you kidding?

Scottish Championship -- (14/15)

Rangers FC ..................... 42,657
Heart of Midlothian FC........14,123
Hibernian........................11,027
Dundee FC........................4,738

The Prem -- (14/15 .. last year, 13/14 attendances..)

Celtic FC.........................47,079
Aberdeen FC....................12,918
Dundee United FC...............7,599
Motherwell FC...................5,175
Partick Thistle FC...............5,001
St. Mirren FC.....................4,511

I feel that the Scottish Championship will see smaller clubs make lots (lots!) more money to grow their squads now, etc, and narrow the margin towards the SPL, Doubled, tripled attendances for when Rangers, Hearts, Hibs visit..

What a weird case study. Celtic to win the SPL 14/15, sure, foregone conclusion. The Scot's Championship will however redefine that league. Only one of the 'big three' may get promoted. I rather like the soap opera.
[Post edited 27 May 2014 15:39]

Hearts Rangers and Hibs potentially in the Championship? on 09:50 - May 28 with 830 viewsLeadbelly

If Scotland becomes independent will Berwick Rangers, being an team based in England, be allowed to play in Scottish league football?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024