Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unavailable - A goal . 07:23 - Aug 19 with 723 viewsbwildered

The U's played out a goalless draw against Oldham last night. The preseason excitement coming from the club looks like it has been replaced with reality has the team is already down to the bare bones, and with two points from a possible six another final day great escape looks like a repeat unless the team becomes more clinical in front of goal and more competent with ball retention.
One of two chances should have been taken in the second half, and a double save from a unconvincing keeper kept us in it . A couple of subs earlier might have changed the outcome, but a point was fair for both sides .
Unbeaten at home in the league, not quite a fortress but considering no captain , first choice goalie and midfielder unavailable, no spectacular start but confidence needs to be retained if results are to improved .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Unavailable - A goal . on 08:14 - Aug 19 with 704 viewsnoah4x4

If Szmodics strike had gone in after hitting post, we might all feel different.... but..

Bonne muscled out too often - we desperately need Porter back.
Moncur was missed too - but we can't have players showing dissent. Grow up George.
Vincent-Young shows potential, but needs bulking up (which will come.
Parish did keep us in it; but Blackpool fans said he was their worst keeper ever.
As for Ambrose, as far as I am concerned the Jury is still out - rightfully subbed last night.
I'm off to watch George Elokobi for U21's today - but will he ever be match fit????

I think that we do have the potential to avoid the end of season stress of recent seasons. But critical players will get injured and we do need back-up. Hopefully we can dip in to the loan market soon. but until the transfer window closes, that's not easy. Unfortunately the current crop of injuries have occurred too soon.
Unavailable - A goal . on 09:13 - Aug 20 with 619 viewsthrillseeker

Unavailable - A goal . on 08:14 - Aug 19 by noah4x4

If Szmodics strike had gone in after hitting post, we might all feel different.... but..

Bonne muscled out too often - we desperately need Porter back.
Moncur was missed too - but we can't have players showing dissent. Grow up George.
Vincent-Young shows potential, but needs bulking up (which will come.
Parish did keep us in it; but Blackpool fans said he was their worst keeper ever.
As for Ambrose, as far as I am concerned the Jury is still out - rightfully subbed last night.
I'm off to watch George Elokobi for U21's today - but will he ever be match fit????

I think that we do have the potential to avoid the end of season stress of recent seasons. But critical players will get injured and we do need back-up. Hopefully we can dip in to the loan market soon. but until the transfer window closes, that's not easy. Unfortunately the current crop of injuries have occurred too soon.

How fit/ unfit did George look in U21's match?
Unavailable - A goal . on 09:21 - Aug 20 with 617 viewsnoah4x4

Unavailable - A goal . on 09:13 - Aug 20 by thrillseeker

How fit/ unfit did George look in U21's match?

Unfortunately, I didn't get there in the end (as Mrs Noah had plans).

But given he is a 'professional' it can't be encouraging that he arrived in such poor shape pre-season. No wonder others let him go.
Unavailable - A goal . on 09:56 - Aug 20 with 607 viewsLeadbelly

I thought Elokobi was hampered by a calf injury...or is that code for "out of condition"?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Unavailable - A goal . on 12:41 - Aug 20 with 592 viewsnoah4x4

Unavailable - A goal . on 09:56 - Aug 20 by Leadbelly

I thought Elokobi was hampered by a calf injury...or is that code for "out of condition"?

Calf injury?

Looked to me on Tuesday as if he has eaten a whole one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024