Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Realistic danger of Super U's punching above their Bantam-weight 15:02 - Mar 1 with 1252 viewsdurham_exile

KK is sitting in the last chance saloon cooped up and waiting for this evening to see whether his charges can finally end this unwanted league hoodoo. Frankly this is becoming too tedious for words with every source quoting all the figures, stats and permutations.

Some old wag has even got a bet with the bookies for Colchester to fail to win another game ever! Just joking but you get my (Rorkes) drift!

Charlton must be sicker than parrots or chickens with our only recent win against them in the cup. We won't even play them next year because whilst they will be relegated, so will we, or will we!

Incredibly it is still in our own hands - 13 games and 27 points, just the 9 victories required. Even I am no longer convinced, but that same bookie is offering a "tasty" opportunity for a cheeky punt on the U's staying up at 16/1 what a cheapskate!!!!

Look at the Tykes, who were equally in the brown and pungent, but are now knocking on the door of the play offs, in fact I would love it if they excluded Scummend with a late challenge!!!!

Anyway enough of this madness, we have a game of Football to win tonight at Valley Parade and in doing so will give the Bantams a dose of Avian Flu. Expect no favours from Parky but he doesn't have the greatest record against the U's with any club and we certainly need to spring a surprise. Jeff Stelling will definitely get a shock with a U's victory and it will ruin his smug expression when Pools go down at the Gas. I apologise for this sniffy style but the unprecedented abysmal form is really getting to me!

KK is boosted by the return of bad boy Alex Gilbey and star defender Tom Eastman whilst Elokobi and Wynter are still out.

KK needs to win, there is no point in playing conservatively for anything but three points.

Suggest the following 4,3,3 formation and team:

Parish

Brindley Eastman Chambers Shorey

Garvan Moncur Gilbey

Oduwa Bonne Massey

Subs:

Barnes Vincent-Young Harney Edwards Wright Porter Akinwande

Such a team has plenty of pace, mixed with some valuable experience. KK's sanity depends on a victory and it will give everyone a lift ahead of our Away banker at Vale Park on saturday. Just imagine 30 points after Saturday, with just 20 more needed to stay up!!!!!

Anyway safe journey for the travelling faithful. I noted that Sunderland gave all their away day travellers a replica shirt for the recent Hammers match. RC could do worse than make such a gesture, after all he has been receiving a number of gestures himself recently!

Come on the U's, we can do this.

Onward and upward, Keep the faith

Durham_exile

Realistic danger of Super U's punching above their Bantam-weight on 15:58 - Mar 1 with 1239 viewsnoah4x4

Just 17 on the bus including two drivers. Seemingly we are bringing two extra back. Not sure if Essex Border control has been told.

A few on the train, some driving; about 50 faithful overall I guess.
Realistic danger of Super U's punching above their Bantam-weight on 16:17 - Mar 1 with 1227 viewsdurham_exile

Realistic danger of Super U's punching above their Bantam-weight on 15:58 - Mar 1 by noah4x4

Just 17 on the bus including two drivers. Seemingly we are bringing two extra back. Not sure if Essex Border control has been told.

A few on the train, some driving; about 50 faithful overall I guess.

Noah to my shame I am not going tonight!

But here's the thing it could be another were you at Victoria Park night when the famous 59 of the faithful turned up!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Realistic danger of Super U's punching above their Bantam-weight on 16:59 - Mar 1 with 1199 viewsgerry_us

Realistic danger of Super U's punching above their Bantam-weight on 16:17 - Mar 1 by durham_exile

Noah to my shame I am not going tonight!

But here's the thing it could be another were you at Victoria Park night when the famous 59 of the faithful turned up!

Up the U's

Me neither I'm afraid.
Hope you are correct and KK gives Bonne a full 90 minutes instead of a late run out when the game is gone.
Realistic danger of Super U's punching above their Bantam-weight on 17:41 - Mar 1 with 1183 viewsnoah4x4

Just heard Tony Humes has been appointed as Director of Football.

Will he oversee the construction of his own statue that Robbie Cowling says he deserves?

Even the core faithful stuck on the M62 are baffled.
Realistic danger of Super U's punching above their Bantam-weight on 17:42 - Mar 1 with 1182 viewsdurham_exile

Realistic danger of Super U's punching above their Bantam-weight on 16:59 - Mar 1 by gerry_us

Me neither I'm afraid.
Hope you are correct and KK gives Bonne a full 90 minutes instead of a late run out when the game is gone.

Gerry

Strangely I have a good feeling about the match tonight!

Perhaps I need to increase my medication!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Realistic danger of Super U's punching above their Bantam-weight on 20:11 - Mar 1 with 1153 viewsjonestones

1-0 Bradford
Realistic danger of Super U's punching above their Bantam-weight on 20:36 - Mar 1 with 1146 viewsjonestones

Bloody hell! We've equalised!
Realistic danger of Super U's punching above their Bantam-weight on 21:07 - Mar 1 with 1133 viewsBarsidepete

Ambrose! Well deserved reward.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Login to get fewer ads

Realistic danger of Super U's punching above their Bantam-weight on 21:09 - Mar 1 with 1127 viewsjonestones

We're bloody winning!!!!!!
Realistic danger of Super U's punching above their Bantam-weight on 21:13 - Mar 1 with 1119 viewsgerry_us

Realistic danger of Super U's punching above their Bantam-weight on 21:09 - Mar 1 by jonestones

We're bloody winning!!!!!!

Watch the blood pressure JS. We are winning TOOOO early!
Realistic danger of Super U's punching above their Bantam-weight on 21:18 - Mar 1 with 1108 viewsPaddyA140

And Shrewsbury are winning too... come on Rochdale or the gap stays at 10 points..
Come on the U's!
Realistic danger of Super U's punching above their Bantam-weight on 21:19 - Mar 1 with 1106 viewsPaddyA140

wish KK would stick Oduwa on to keep them defending deep
Realistic danger of Super U's punching above their Bantam-weight on 21:34 - Mar 1 with 1097 viewsPaddyA140

Crewe have nicked it at Scumend...
Realistic danger of Super U's punching above their Bantam-weight on 21:42 - Mar 1 with 1084 viewsdurham_exile

Our first double

brilliant

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Realistic danger of Super U's punching above their Bantam-weight on 21:44 - Mar 1 with 1079 viewsgerry_us

Realistic danger of Super U's punching above their Bantam-weight on 21:42 - Mar 1 by durham_exile

Our first double

brilliant

Up the U's

Good call Durham. Onwards and upwards.
Realistic danger of Super U's punching above their Bantam-weight on 21:57 - Mar 1 with 1056 viewsdurham_exile

Realistic danger of Super U's punching above their Bantam-weight on 21:44 - Mar 1 by gerry_us

Good call Durham. Onwards and upwards.

Elmer Bernstein has just stepped up to the Microphone for his most famous film score!

That victory would have given the whole team a lift.

Congratulations to the 65 faithful that travelled - for once a great journey home.

30 points after Saturday, the Great Escape really is on!

Well done KK and the team

Up the U's

[Post edited 1 Mar 2016 22:02]

Durham_exile

Realistic danger of Super U's punching above their Bantam-weight on 22:01 - Mar 1 with 1049 viewsLeadbelly

Realistic danger of Super U's punching above their Bantam-weight on 21:57 - Mar 1 by durham_exile

Elmer Bernstein has just stepped up to the Microphone for his most famous film score!

That victory would have given the whole team a lift.

Congratulations to the 65 faithful that travelled - for once a great journey home.

30 points after Saturday, the Great Escape really is on!

Well done KK and the team

Up the U's

[Post edited 1 Mar 2016 22:02]

Delight at the much needed victory outweighed the the appointment of Humes.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Realistic danger of Super U's punching above their Bantam-weight on 22:21 - Mar 1 with 1032 viewsnoah4x4

Quick report from the bus home.
Deserved
Passionate
Committed
Controlled
Big hearted performance
Great team effort.
Fans were brilliant.
The fact that Tony has been "exhumed" doesn't matter!
Home about 3:00am
Realistic danger of Super U's punching above their Bantam-weight on 22:31 - Mar 1 with 1021 viewsjonestones

We've won Noah. You promised to write a report 'if we won a game'. Well.... We've won a game! I look forward to reading your match report.😉
Realistic danger of Super U's punching above their Bantam-weight on 22:56 - Mar 1 with 1011 viewsjonestones

~taps fingers~ still waiting Noah.
Realistic danger of Super U's punching above their Bantam-weight on 22:57 - Mar 1 with 1010 viewsjonestones

You started writing yet Noah?😉
Realistic danger of Super U's punching above their Bantam-weight on 23:07 - Mar 1 with 1004 viewsgerry_us

Realistic danger of Super U's punching above their Bantam-weight on 22:57 - Mar 1 by jonestones

You started writing yet Noah?😉

He's probably asleep on the bus with a silly grin on his face.
I'm sure he won't be able to resist posting when the massive realisation hits him that we have actually WON a match
Realistic danger of Super U's punching above their Bantam-weight on 23:22 - Mar 1 with 994 viewsmfb_cufc

I saw the game on the Beamback, and noah is right with everything he said. We can now defend, all thanks to Chambers, the centre-back we have signed 32 games too late. Hard to believe he is only 20, shows the maturity of someone much older. There is still hope of surviving. Don't worry about the 10 point gap, if we get 50 points that should be enough to survive.

mfb

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024