Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium 17:54 - Mar 16 with 1304 viewsdurham_exile

A third successive Away game tonight at 1900hrs for the Super U’s, this time against a Salford City team fresh from their EFL Trophy win against Pompey which cost Kenny Jackett his job. They won 4-2 on penalties and held the trophy for 24 hours. Sunderland ended 48 years of hurt with a 1-0 win against Tranmere Rovers.

Salford under Richie Wellens are handily placed in league two and amazingly are unbeaten at Moor Lane (The Peninsula Stadium) since a certain Colchester United won there with Ainsley Harriott and Kwame Poku on the scoresheet. Poku had his best game in a U’s shirt that day in the most horrendous of weather conditions. This game will be for the third time of asking tonight after two earlier postponements owing to the weather.

There is the possibility that Ian Henderson at 36 could be in the starting line up for the Ammies tonight after missing Wembley through illness. The man that John Ward called a wasp and who was productive for the U’s but really found his mettle at Rochdale now plays for Salford City.

Table:
Walsall 33 38 -6
COL U 34 37 -15
PV 35 35 -7
Barrow 32 32 -5
Southend 35 30 -28
Grimsby 33 26 -28

For all their success Salford are not prolific scorers (ok neither are we) so tonight must offer the U’s the chance to secure a second Away win this season. That would give us 40 points and real confidence with the final 12 games to come. The famous 53 points would then be very much in sight.

Our fate is still very much in our own hands and the players must strive for that elusive Away win.

I would not change the team this evening:

George

Welch-Hayes Eastman Smith Clampin

Wiredu Pell Cowan-Hall

Brown

Harriott Nouble

Subs
Coulter Stevenson Chilvers Folivi Cracknell Tchamadeu Poku

The weather in Salford will be 7 degrees Celsius at kick off, dry and cloudy. The pitch should be ok.

Ben Stevenson should get some minutes today, Dean Gerken is nearing a comeback but Shamal George has acquitted himself well. Paris Cowan-Hall played well at Grimsby. Harry Pell will be stronger but must curb his temper at key times. Jevani Brown needs a goal and very soon. Tonight, would be nice. I would also like to see Michael Folivi back in the matchday 18.

If WB holds his nerve, then we can definitely see the wood from the trees and the U’s will be confident going back to the JSCS at the weekend for another relegation six pointer against Port Vale. Then Tranmere and Bradford. Put simply another two or three wins from those games and we will be almost home and dry.

Can we keep a clean sheet tonight it will be difficult but a handy 2-0 Colchester victory against a team distracted after the weekend would be brilliant? Harriott and Brown to see off the Ammies.

“Dirty Old Town” you better believe it!

Enjoy the game

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 17:59 - Mar 16 with 793 viewsburnsieespana

Thanks for that Durham.
Another boring 0-0 will be good in my book!
Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 18:07 - Mar 16 with 787 viewsmfb_cufc

U's side to face Salford: George, Welch-Hayes, Eastman, Smith, Clampin, Pell, Wiredu, Harriott, Brown, Cowan-Hall, Nouble

Unchanged from Grimsby game.

U's subs Tchamadeu, Cracknell, Chilvers, Stevenson, Senior, Oteh, Coulter
[Post edited 16 Mar 2021 18:08]

mfb

Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 18:09 - Mar 16 with 782 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 18:07 - Mar 16 by mfb_cufc

U's side to face Salford: George, Welch-Hayes, Eastman, Smith, Clampin, Pell, Wiredu, Harriott, Brown, Cowan-Hall, Nouble

Unchanged from Grimsby game.

U's subs Tchamadeu, Cracknell, Chilvers, Stevenson, Senior, Oteh, Coulter
[Post edited 16 Mar 2021 18:08]

Mick you beat me to it!

Unchanged, happy with that.

Up the U's

Pitch looks good as well.

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 18:16 - Mar 16 with 772 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 18:09 - Mar 16 by durham_exile

Mick you beat me to it!

Unchanged, happy with that.

Up the U's

Pitch looks good as well.

Yep, probably our best line-up injuries permitting. Apologies btw, no blog tonight, just not enough time to do one after work.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 18:33 - Mar 16 with 764 viewsbwildered

Let’s hope the U’s can deliveroo three points against Papa Johns Trophy holders for 24 hours, Salford City tonight.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 18:46 - Mar 16 with 749 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 18:33 - Mar 16 by bwildered

Let’s hope the U’s can deliveroo three points against Papa Johns Trophy holders for 24 hours, Salford City tonight.

Gary Neville, Nicky Butt, Ryan Giggs, Roy Keane, we gave your boys a hell of a beating tonight!

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 18:50 - Mar 16 with 744 viewsnoah4x4

Nice bonus. I paid my £10 I-Follow fee for the postponed fixture and as promised, it has carried forward to tonight. So it feels like a free hit (albeit it isn’t).

I have a strange positivity after watching England bouncing back today. Fingers crossed!
Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 18:59 - Mar 16 with 739 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 18:50 - Mar 16 by noah4x4

Nice bonus. I paid my £10 I-Follow fee for the postponed fixture and as promised, it has carried forward to tonight. So it feels like a free hit (albeit it isn’t).

I have a strange positivity after watching England bouncing back today. Fingers crossed!

Strangely enough I feel equally confident about our chances tonight.

Col U media team stuck in traffic.
Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 19:06 - Mar 16 with 737 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 18:59 - Mar 16 by durham_exile

Strangely enough I feel equally confident about our chances tonight.

Col U media team stuck in traffic.
Up the U's

Decent start from the U's

Come on.

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 19:12 - Mar 16 with 735 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 19:06 - Mar 16 by durham_exile

Decent start from the U's

Come on.

Come on.
Some good incisive play from the U's playing with a good deal of confidence.
We can win this.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 19:38 - Mar 16 with 711 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 19:12 - Mar 16 by durham_exile

Come on.
Some good incisive play from the U's playing with a good deal of confidence.
We can win this.

Up the U's

Barrow and Port Vale both winning

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 19:48 - Mar 16 with 707 viewsnoah4x4

Encouraging, but still little threat up front.
Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 20:11 - Mar 16 with 689 viewsnoah4x4

Take Harriott off. Push Nouble wide. Bring Oteh on.
Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 20:14 - Mar 16 with 684 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 20:11 - Mar 16 by noah4x4

Take Harriott off. Push Nouble wide. Bring Oteh on.

Cowan-Hall off Chilvers on

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 20:15 - Mar 16 with 682 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 20:14 - Mar 16 by durham_exile

Cowan-Hall off Chilvers on

Fortunately the missed offside came to nothing.

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 20:17 - Mar 16 with 681 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 20:15 - Mar 16 by durham_exile

Fortunately the missed offside came to nothing.

Harriott unlucky

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 20:19 - Mar 16 with 678 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 20:17 - Mar 16 by durham_exile

Harriott unlucky

Hendo coming on

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 20:22 - Mar 16 with 673 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 20:19 - Mar 16 by durham_exile

Hendo coming on

Clampin is rapid.
Very good pace to win the ball

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 20:25 - Mar 16 with 667 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 20:22 - Mar 16 by durham_exile

Clampin is rapid.
Very good pace to win the ball

Wiredu having a great game.
Not enough in the final third unfortunately

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 20:32 - Mar 16 with 661 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 20:25 - Mar 16 by durham_exile

Wiredu having a great game.
Not enough in the final third unfortunately

Good effort from Chilvers

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 20:40 - Mar 16 with 657 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 20:32 - Mar 16 by durham_exile

Good effort from Chilvers

Wasted free kick

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 20:52 - Mar 16 with 644 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 20:40 - Mar 16 by durham_exile

Wasted free kick

Burnsie a 0-0

Onward to Port Vale

Barrow and Port Vale still winning

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 20:54 - Mar 16 with 641 viewsgerry_us

Another stunning 0-0.
How many more to come? We need more than this especially with PV & Barra winning tonight.
Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 21:02 - Mar 16 with 626 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 20:54 - Mar 16 by gerry_us

Another stunning 0-0.
How many more to come? We need more than this especially with PV & Barra winning tonight.

I'll take 11 more to be honest, as it would virtually guarantee survival. That was a pretty solid performance tonight against a team with aspirations of the play-offs, happy with that.

Edit:
Seven of those 11 are at home - I knew we had a run of three coming up, just hadn't realised overall it was so many home games to go. Win just three and we're probably safe, win four and we're definitely safe - MASSIVE game on Saturday, but let's be honest, they're all massive.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2021 21:17]

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Super U's to prevail against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium on 21:45 - Mar 16 with 590 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Anyone know the record for the most 0-0's in a single season? We are killing football right now, and not in a good way, bet the fans are glad they can't go at the moment.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024