Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Dunne back at the club... 16:40 - Mar 22 with 779 viewsRSCOSWORTH

...is a rumour I've heard today. Anyone else heard the same? Assisting Brown and Mullins. Can't be a bad thing if you ask me.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Joe Dunne back at the club... on 17:17 - Mar 22 with 764 viewsLeadbelly

I’ve read comments to that effect but nothing definite. Also rumours that Steve Ball is coaching the first team again!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Joe Dunne back at the club... on 17:33 - Mar 22 with 758 viewsthrillseeker

I saw this news on the official website message board

Not sure if this is a good thing or not - a CUFC legend as a player but concerned he is associated with failure as a manager/ coach as list below

Joe Dunne - fail
Tony Humes - fail
Richard Hall - fail
Kevin Keen - fail
David Wright - fail
John McGreal - did OK compared to others mentioned
Steve Ball - fail
Wayne Brown - failing so far
Joe Dunne back at the club... on 17:53 - Mar 22 with 751 viewsLeadbelly

Now confirmed in the Gazette. Nothing whatsoever on the OWS...just for a change.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Joe Dunne back at the club... on 18:42 - Mar 22 with 733 viewswessex_exile

Personally I think this is a good thing, and maybe a pointer to next season? I know his management stats aren't massively impressive, but I always thought Joe should have taken longer in the role, but he chose not to. He's U's through and through though, and if anyone can transmit that passion and desire to the squad, alongside Brown and Mullins, he's the one to do it.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Joe Dunne back at the club... on 20:07 - Mar 22 with 706 viewsthrillseeker

My other concern for the immediate need is that JD is not going to score goals for us.

Not being funny but for 10 games I would have got Jamie Cureton in
Joe Dunne back at the club... on 21:26 - Mar 22 with 679 viewsmfb_cufc

I like Joe Dunne, but if we need another body coming into the coaching set up, it should be an external to replace Brown, and bring about change for the last 10 games. Not someone who is only going to enhance Cowling's pathetic failed philosophy, and give us more of the same bilge we have had for the last 20 games.

mfb

Joe Dunne back at the club... on 23:01 - Mar 22 with 659 viewsdurham_exile

Joe Dunne back at the club... on 21:26 - Mar 22 by mfb_cufc

I like Joe Dunne, but if we need another body coming into the coaching set up, it should be an external to replace Brown, and bring about change for the last 10 games. Not someone who is only going to enhance Cowling's pathetic failed philosophy, and give us more of the same bilge we have had for the last 20 games.

Frankly unless someone puts the ball in the back of the net and soon, we will be visiting plenty of National League grounds.

Therefore a cast of thousands on the touchline had better get on with the job quick.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Joe Dunne back at the club... on 06:41 - Mar 23 with 637 viewsnoah4x4

Even my cardboard cut-out wants to come home,

JD is either an inspirational move or yet another potential disaster. It could be the former as at least Joe now has experience at other EFL clubs, under experienced manager guidance (albeit merely as assistant himself), unlike previous recent Cowling appointments. We probably can't afford a more experienced externel EFL candidate and it is patently obvious Cowling won't sacrifice Humes & DeSouza. At least Joe has been away from the toxic mess they have created and can have new eyes.

I remember bumping into Joe in Tesco, or rather he spoke to me seeing my club badge. His passion is obvious. Can he perform a miracle? If we stay up, you can bet fans will give him the credit. If we don't, they will blame WB. Brown is clearly destined for a return to Tiptree, having turned down the hot seat before.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2021 6:43]
Login to get fewer ads

Joe Dunne back at the club... on 10:43 - Mar 23 with 587 viewsgerry_us

We will soon be able to field a team made up solely of "administrators".
Joe Dunne back at the club... on 11:52 - Mar 24 with 516 viewsburnsieespana

And so id Steve Ball in recruitment for next season.....gord help us!
Joe Dunne back at the club... on 18:13 - Mar 24 with 475 viewsmfb_cufc

With Ball now in recruitment, going by his team selections, we can expect more square pegs in round holes in future.

mfb

Joe Dunne back at the club... on 18:54 - Mar 24 with 468 viewsdurham_exile

Joe Dunne back at the club... on 18:13 - Mar 24 by mfb_cufc

With Ball now in recruitment, going by his team selections, we can expect more square pegs in round holes in future.

I've heard that Lord lucan has been recruited together with Mick Bigger Bas**rd than Bas**rd Wadsworth, which almost gives us more on the touchline than players on the field.

We're gonna need a bigger Technical Area:

Wayne Brown
Hayden Mullins
Joe Dunne
Steve Ball

The only way is up

Up the U's

The Backstreet (room) Boys - Backroom's Back OK
Tony Humes

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024