Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin 22:04 - Apr 5 with 7567 views73__73

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 16:05 - Apr 6 with 754 viewsFireboy2

A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 10:25 - Apr 6 by vetchonian

It happened last season too and I was critical of "fatigue" used as an excuse.

Talk to old pros who played on heavy pitches with only one sub...travellign on buses no dietry control or medical facilites of today.....about fatigue and tiredness!

I have never bought into how a pro sports person can be tired....they have the same basic bodies as other humnas who often work 5 days a week for 12 hours atr atimme yet still perform !

But we aren't playing on quagmire pitches anymore, it is as they say a level playing field.

As I have said before we don't have a big experienced squad and those postponed games have bitten us on the proverbial.

It's only after a two week rest that we have seen them all fully charged, one they have had a rest and more importantly two they have had time to work on things at the training ground.

I truly think we will finish the season on a high and touch wood players wil have been earmarked to come in for next season, let's hope RM gets these and we can have a flying start with a FULL pre season under our belts 😉
A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 16:15 - Apr 6 with 735 viewsRichardO

A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 10:25 - Apr 6 by vetchonian

Talk to old pros who played on heavy pitches with only one sub...travellign on buses no dietry control or medical facilites of today.....about fatigue and tiredness!

I have never bought into how a pro sports person can be tired....they have the same basic bodies as other humnas who often work 5 days a week for 12 hours atr atimme yet still perform !

Yet a number of managers give wingers/wingbacks 70 minutes and then change them. What would the reason be?
A number of our players are a little older can they keep their work rate up over a number games in week or given their experience can they manage or are players expect to be able to cope with the position they are choosen to play in. Up to manager to know his players so that they can play the way he wants them to.
Is he learning the pros and cons of his team?
[Post edited 6 Apr 2022 16:44]
A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 16:16 - Apr 6 with 734 viewsbennytheblue

You were calling for his head a few weeks ago on here ffs…..you lot are priceless
A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 16:17 - Apr 6 with 734 viewsFireboy2

A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 16:15 - Apr 6 by RichardO

Yet a number of managers give wingers/wingbacks 70 minutes and then change them. What would the reason be?
A number of our players are a little older can they keep their work rate up over a number games in week or given their experience can they manage or are players expect to be able to cope with the position they are choosen to play in. Up to manager to know his players so that they can play the way he wants them to.

Stop posting common sense rich.
A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 16:18 - Apr 6 with 734 views73__73

You’re not comparing like with like.

Tired probably isn’t the correct word. Playing 3 games a week may mean instead of being at 100% you are operating at 90% and in the level of sport that professional football players are at, losing a relatively small percentage is the difference between winning and losing.

A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 16:20 - Apr 6 with 731 views73__73

A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 16:16 - Apr 6 by bennytheblue

You were calling for his head a few weeks ago on here ffs…..you lot are priceless

And you were saying it’s a new dawn for Cardiff just last week ffs that was before the black and white juggernaut rolled into legoland.

A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 16:25 - Apr 6 with 721 viewsFireboy2

A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 16:18 - Apr 6 by 73__73

You’re not comparing like with like.

Tired probably isn’t the correct word. Playing 3 games a week may mean instead of being at 100% you are operating at 90% and in the level of sport that professional football players are at, losing a relatively small percentage is the difference between winning and losing.

This ^
A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 16:25 - Apr 6 with 721 viewsbennytheblue

A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 16:20 - Apr 6 by 73__73

And you were saying it’s a new dawn for Cardiff just last week ffs that was before the black and white juggernaut rolled into legoland.

Bloody ell that quick. It was…lol…SM tactics that day were so wrong, that’s what’s pisssed most of us off. Had to be on the front foot, even Peterborough managed that against you. Let’s not forget for all your possession as ever, you only had 4 shots on target!
Login to get fewer ads

A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 16:27 - Apr 6 with 716 viewsFireboy2

A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 16:25 - Apr 6 by bennytheblue

Bloody ell that quick. It was…lol…SM tactics that day were so wrong, that’s what’s pisssed most of us off. Had to be on the front foot, even Peterborough managed that against you. Let’s not forget for all your possession as ever, you only had 4 shots on target!

4 was all we needed.
A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 16:28 - Apr 6 with 713 viewsFireboy2

A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 16:20 - Apr 6 by 73__73

Btw did you have a drink in Cardiff before the game as we were gutted not to meet you?
A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 16:54 - Apr 6 with 694 views73__73

A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 16:28 - Apr 6 by Fireboy2

Btw did you have a drink in Cardiff before the game as we were gutted not to meet you?

I don’t drink, so to answer your question - no

A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 16:55 - Apr 6 with 693 viewsKeithHaynes

A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 16:16 - Apr 6 by bennytheblue

I beg your pardon !

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 16:56 - Apr 6 with 690 viewsvetchonian

A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 16:15 - Apr 6 by RichardO

Interesting you talk about older players yet Naughton who is about one of our oldest has played almost teh most minutes and looks one of our better players

IT is an intersting debate but like I said I dont buy into the fatigue stuff...managers do it woith certain players to keep them "fresh" yes...but there ids more to our recent uplift than the rest.

It is crazy it has yaken 40 games to leearn the procs and cons yet other managers such as Wilder Cooper and Heckingbotham have had less time to turn their clubs around.

Im warming to Martin ....lets see how we do from here on....Im entitled to my point of view the same as everyone else.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 16:59 - Apr 6 with 681 viewsvetchonian

A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 16:05 - Apr 6 by Fireboy2

But we aren't playing on quagmire pitches anymore, it is as they say a level playing field.

As I have said before we don't have a big experienced squad and those postponed games have bitten us on the proverbial.

It's only after a two week rest that we have seen them all fully charged, one they have had a rest and more importantly two they have had time to work on things at the training ground.

I truly think we will finish the season on a high and touch wood players wil have been earmarked to come in for next season, let's hope RM gets these and we can have a flying start with a FULL pre season under our belts 😉

No more quagmire so less strenous on the legs was my point....

The old time pros were never tired....talk to Curt Speedy et al they had 3 games a week ...often a midweek game agianst clogger oppostion in the Welsh Cup so they got a lot of knokcs too....

I am hoping we finish the season on a high....I think the preseason stuff is weak given what WIlder et al are doing w at other clubs after walking in way after the season starts but I get your point

A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 17:01 - Apr 6 with 666 viewsvetchonian

A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 16:59 - Apr 6 by vetchonian

No more quagmire so less strenous on the legs was my point....

The old time pros were never tired....talk to Curt Speedy et al they had 3 games a week ...often a midweek game agianst clogger oppostion in the Welsh Cup so they got a lot of knokcs too....

I am hoping we finish the season on a high....I think the preseason stuff is weak given what WIlder et al are doing w at other clubs after walking in way after the season starts but I get your point

Didnt Cardiff and <illwall have the same rest too?

A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 17:17 - Apr 6 with 646 viewsraynor94

A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 16:25 - Apr 6 by bennytheblue

Only 4 shots on target! That has to be the daftest post you have made on here

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 17:18 - Apr 6 with 645 viewsvetchonian

Thats football fans and managers....many of your mob calling for Morrisons head now yet not so long ago he was being hailed the messiah...

Only 4 shots on target ...how many goals =4 how many did you lot have and how many goals did you score?

Rememebr your lot at our place last season you fluked a goal then it waslike the almao...yet you delighted in the win....
We got the double .......but I know you will always have 1927....at least many of our fans can say thery were there when we first to get the double first to the PL how many of your mob can say they were there back in 1927?

A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 17:35 - Apr 6 with 634 viewsbennytheblue

A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 17:17 - Apr 6 by raynor94

Only 4 shots on target! That has to be the daftest post you have made on here

Sure I read that from a stats guy….he’s not normally wrong, soccerbase was it?
A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 18:04 - Apr 6 with 605 viewsKeithHaynes

A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 17:35 - Apr 6 by bennytheblue

Scintillating endorsement of our Swansea Way.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 18:08 - Apr 6 with 599 viewsFireboy2

A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 16:54 - Apr 6 by 73__73

I don’t drink, so to answer your question - no

But you did say you would like to meet up, yes?
A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 18:11 - Apr 6 with 595 viewsFireboy2

A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 17:01 - Apr 6 by vetchonian

Didnt Cardiff and <illwall have the same rest too?

Yes but they didn't play 6 games in 20 days previously though.
A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 18:18 - Apr 6 with 588 viewsraynor94

A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 17:35 - Apr 6 by bennytheblue

I'm not doubting the stat, but what are you trying to say, you were totally outplayed from the start.

12 shots, 4 on target
You 10 shots 2 on target.

Result 0-4 the most important stat

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 18:19 - Apr 6 with 586 views73__73

A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 18:08 - Apr 6 by Fireboy2

But you did say you would like to meet up, yes?

No, never said such a thing. Stop listening to those voices in your head.

A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 18:20 - Apr 6 with 586 viewsRichardO

A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 16:56 - Apr 6 by vetchonian

Interesting you talk about older players yet Naughton who is about one of our oldest has played almost teh most minutes and looks one of our better players

IT is an intersting debate but like I said I dont buy into the fatigue stuff...managers do it woith certain players to keep them "fresh" yes...but there ids more to our recent uplift than the rest.

It is crazy it has yaken 40 games to leearn the procs and cons yet other managers such as Wilder Cooper and Heckingbotham have had less time to turn their clubs around.

Im warming to Martin ....lets see how we do from here on....Im entitled to my point of view the same as everyone else.

Agreed to some degree which why I mentioned players experience, the position a players is playing and the manager who picks them in a position has to manager them, It would appear Martin got it right in resting Paterson and Downes although I was worried at their omission.

I respect your right to an opinion in a discussion.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2022 18:40]
A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 18:46 - Apr 6 with 554 viewsFireboy2

A big round of applause for Russell Kenneth Alexander Martin on 18:19 - Apr 6 by 73__73

No, never said such a thing. Stop listening to those voices in your head.

You told builthy that you would like to meet up with us before the game because we were going independently and you weren't because you were going in the cardiff end.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024