Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tony explains Twitter silence...... 13:43 - Apr 3 with 5500 viewsNov77

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Tony explains Twitter silence...... on 14:21 - Apr 3 with 4418 viewsstowmarketrange

I've got no doubt that his heart is in the right place,but I'm not so sure that his head is.
He was the one who said that we'd learnt from past mistakes,but here we are 2 years on stuck in the same position.
He doesn't deserve the personal abuse from some of our fans,but he is the one that lives on twitter when things were going well,so he has to take his share of the blame when things go wrong.
Tony explains Twitter silence...... on 14:30 - Apr 3 with 4391 viewsNW5Hoop

We've had this pattern again and again with him. When people start pointing out the state of the club, he complains about abuse and flounces off. He gets very, very little personal abuse indeed. He mistakes anything short of unconditional love and hot and cold running handjobs as abuse. It's pathetic.
Tony explains Twitter silence...... on 14:30 - Apr 3 with 4388 viewsMatch82

Tony explains Twitter silence...... on 14:21 - Apr 3 by stowmarketrange

I've got no doubt that his heart is in the right place,but I'm not so sure that his head is.
He was the one who said that we'd learnt from past mistakes,but here we are 2 years on stuck in the same position.
He doesn't deserve the personal abuse from some of our fans,but he is the one that lives on twitter when things were going well,so he has to take his share of the blame when things go wrong.

He's spent 3 years saying "i've learnt my lesson" and repeated the same mistakes.

BUT it does seem like the last few months there have actually been SOME tangible signs that we are thinking things through with an actual plan in place. The appointment of Les, the lack of signings (for the sake of it) in January and the refusal to just appoint the big name manager (Sherwood). You can argue whether these were the right individual decisions or not, but these are all things that TF would have done a year ago that he didn't do this time.

So I think he's shown an ability to make different decisions, but still hasn't proven that he has the ability to make the RIGHT decisions, time will tell on that.
Tony explains Twitter silence...... on 14:42 - Apr 3 with 4352 viewsimustbemad

Just a pity he doesn't stay silent for longer. Does himself or the club no favours by his twitterings.
Tony explains Twitter silence...... on 15:00 - Apr 3 with 4292 viewsBklynRanger

Was this in response to a question or did he just tweet it on his own? Looks like the latter to my untrained eye.

So he can't even keep silent about keeping silent?

Tony explains Twitter silence...... on 15:07 - Apr 3 with 4265 viewsDiscodroids

cant we just place him on ignore , and report him to clive for abuse?

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Tony explains Twitter silence...... on 15:27 - Apr 3 with 4217 viewsNov77

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Tony explains Twitter silence...... on 16:22 - Apr 3 with 4084 viewsRuislipHoop

He could gain a lot of house points if he reinstates the right kit and the right badge
Login to get fewer ads

Tony explains Twitter silence...... on 16:33 - Apr 3 with 4055 viewsitsbiga

I'd prefer him to stfu on twitter. Its like having a 14 year old girl running the club.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Tony explains Twitter silence...... on 16:45 - Apr 3 with 4020 viewsSaycey

Tony explains Twitter silence...... on 16:33 - Apr 3 by itsbiga

I'd prefer him to stfu on twitter. Its like having a 14 year old girl running the club.

People keep making assertions like "I've got no doubt that his heart is in the right place, but...". It's almost like asking for forgiveness from the deity that you are about to blaspheme.

Fernandes and his consortium seek to irrevocably change the face of our beloved club in ways which few if any of us understand, ostensibly in order to make a fat profit. Nothing wrong with profit, but if it heart was truly in the right place would he be so hell-bent on changing something he clearly does not understand? And he's making a monumental pig's ear of it along the way?

Maybe he does "love the club" and "love the fans". But I personally have never felt that. All I continue to hear are homilies, platitudes and spin.
Tony explains Twitter silence...... on 17:48 - Apr 3 with 3892 viewsrichranger

Does that mean that Richard Dunne is playing?
Tony explains Twitter silence...... on 18:50 - Apr 3 with 3720 viewsHayesender

Tony explains Twitter silence...... on 17:48 - Apr 3 by richranger

Does that mean that Richard Dunne is playing?

Was just about to say the same

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Tony explains Twitter silence...... on 19:15 - Apr 3 with 3656 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Tony explains Twitter silence...... on 16:45 - Apr 3 by Saycey

People keep making assertions like "I've got no doubt that his heart is in the right place, but...". It's almost like asking for forgiveness from the deity that you are about to blaspheme.

Fernandes and his consortium seek to irrevocably change the face of our beloved club in ways which few if any of us understand, ostensibly in order to make a fat profit. Nothing wrong with profit, but if it heart was truly in the right place would he be so hell-bent on changing something he clearly does not understand? And he's making a monumental pig's ear of it along the way?

Maybe he does "love the club" and "love the fans". But I personally have never felt that. All I continue to hear are homilies, platitudes and spin.

He 'loves the club' and 'loves the fans' the way Branson 'loves the airline' and 'loves the passengers'.

QPR is a tool used to push the AirAsia brand in the faces of Premiership viewers, a lot of which reside in his geographic market areas. Throw in a massive and profitable development opportunity in London and there you have the reason he and the shareholders are with us.

Or maybe he fvcking loves the chips at Ocean Billys.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2015 19:15]
Tony explains Twitter silence...... on 22:35 - Apr 3 with 3396 viewscarlh5266

Tony explains Twitter silence...... on 19:15 - Apr 3 by BazzaInTheLoft

He 'loves the club' and 'loves the fans' the way Branson 'loves the airline' and 'loves the passengers'.

QPR is a tool used to push the AirAsia brand in the faces of Premiership viewers, a lot of which reside in his geographic market areas. Throw in a massive and profitable development opportunity in London and there you have the reason he and the shareholders are with us.

Or maybe he fvcking loves the chips at Ocean Billys.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2015 19:15]

Oops he did it again......
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3023688/Rivals-claim-QPR-trying-dodge-5
Tony explains Twitter silence...... on 00:03 - Apr 4 with 3282 views08olesen

I cant help but think that the mistake of Remy leaving on the last day of the transfer window will shape our whole future. Does anyone honestly think we would go down if we had Remy and Austin instead of Austin and Zamora. Remy carried Newcastle last year and could have done the same for us.

The reason i put this on a TF post, is because even though i am a big fan of his, and think he put his money where his mouth is and backed every manager, i think his biggest mistake was doing the Remy deal late when it was clear he was going. If we just survive this season, we would have seen the majority of the old Hughes signings leave e.g. SWP and co, and with the prem money next year, could of continued to try and stabilize in the prem.

If we go down again, we have just wasted another year with very little progress on anything and we are back in the championship. I hope TF stays because i think he can see this through it will just take longer than expected.

Bring Paul Clement in next year regardless of what league we are in and let him run the first team. Let Ramsey go back to the youth and try and build some stability there. But the biggest thing is that we must follow the plan which Les is trying to achieve i.e. players on sensible contracts and does not require a whole upheaval depending on which division we are in.

Staying up this year would really help everything though.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Tony explains Twitter silence...... on 01:21 - Apr 4 with 3229 viewsPunteR

I'm tired of moaning about TF acting like a numpty so I'm gonna keep quite for a bit on this message board.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Tony explains Twitter silence...... on 01:23 - Apr 4 with 3228 viewsPunteR

I'm still keeping quiet about TF, that's me done.

Tony explains Twitter silence...... on 01:24 - Apr 4 with 3227 viewsFredManRave

Tony explains Twitter silence...... on 15:07 - Apr 3 by Discodroids

cant we just place him on ignore , and report him to clive for abuse?

Who said that?!

And another thing. Ever since I discovered that SWP was on twitter and that he was doing his daily Kicca update I've become addicted to the damn thing (Twitter not SWP) although I only ever look at Shauns, Joeys and Tonys accounts. There's so much good stuff on there and I'd hate to think that some of you aren't seeing it but I don't know how to copy and paste the posts.

Can somebody please explain how....

#Thanksinadvanceforshowingmehowtoposttwittermessagesitsmuchappreciated

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Tony explains Twitter silence...... on 01:25 - Apr 4 with 3226 viewsPunteR

I'm doing the honourable thing and just keeping quiet.

Just had to edit a spelling mistake,I'm going now.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2015 1:29]

Tony explains Twitter silence...... on 01:25 - Apr 4 with 3223 viewsFredManRave

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en">

I have given approval to do the next apprentice. Season to will start recruting soon.

— Tony Fernandes (@tonyfernandes) <a href="
1, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I've got the Power.

Tony explains Twitter silence...... on 01:26 - Apr 4 with 3223 viewsPunteR

I'm not here.

Tony explains Twitter silence...... on 01:30 - Apr 4 with 3216 viewsFredManRave

Tony explains Twitter silence...... on 01:26 - Apr 4 by PunteR

I'm not here.

Quite!

I've got the Power.

Tony explains Twitter silence...... on 01:31 - Apr 4 with 3212 viewsFredManRave

#crackedit
[Post edited 4 Apr 2015 1:32]

I've got the Power.

Tony explains Twitter silence...... on 09:45 - Apr 4 with 3040 viewsSpiritofGregory

Tony explains Twitter silence...... on 14:30 - Apr 3 by Match82

He's spent 3 years saying "i've learnt my lesson" and repeated the same mistakes.

BUT it does seem like the last few months there have actually been SOME tangible signs that we are thinking things through with an actual plan in place. The appointment of Les, the lack of signings (for the sake of it) in January and the refusal to just appoint the big name manager (Sherwood). You can argue whether these were the right individual decisions or not, but these are all things that TF would have done a year ago that he didn't do this time.

So I think he's shown an ability to make different decisions, but still hasn't proven that he has the ability to make the RIGHT decisions, time will tell on that.

What did we get with the appointment of Les? A youth coach as manager. Tony appointed Les to appease the fans even though Les has no experience as DOF. If he thinks he has received abuse he has seen nothing yet. The love affair between him and our fans will turn sour if OOC falls through and we struggle in the Championship.
Tony explains Twitter silence...... on 09:49 - Apr 4 with 3027 viewsSpiritofGregory

Tony explains Twitter silence...... on 00:03 - Apr 4 by 08olesen

I cant help but think that the mistake of Remy leaving on the last day of the transfer window will shape our whole future. Does anyone honestly think we would go down if we had Remy and Austin instead of Austin and Zamora. Remy carried Newcastle last year and could have done the same for us.

The reason i put this on a TF post, is because even though i am a big fan of his, and think he put his money where his mouth is and backed every manager, i think his biggest mistake was doing the Remy deal late when it was clear he was going. If we just survive this season, we would have seen the majority of the old Hughes signings leave e.g. SWP and co, and with the prem money next year, could of continued to try and stabilize in the prem.

If we go down again, we have just wasted another year with very little progress on anything and we are back in the championship. I hope TF stays because i think he can see this through it will just take longer than expected.

Bring Paul Clement in next year regardless of what league we are in and let him run the first team. Let Ramsey go back to the youth and try and build some stability there. But the biggest thing is that we must follow the plan which Les is trying to achieve i.e. players on sensible contracts and does not require a whole upheaval depending on which division we are in.

Staying up this year would really help everything though.

Bring Clement in? He will have better offers elsewhere for some crazy reason. What is it with this trend of hiring people who have no prior experience?

Our next manager will depend largely on what punishment we receive for breaching FFP rules.

[Post edited 4 Apr 2015 9:54]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024