Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barton already looking to move on? 17:09 - May 14 with 21395 viewsActonOccident

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/joey-barton-to-marsei

If Marseille once again can't meet the wage demands then I guess it's cheerio to our Joseph.
Barton already looking to move on? on 10:35 - May 15 with 2457 viewsganjR

Barton already looking to move on? on 10:31 - May 15 by QPR_John

Not according to Ramsey who seems to think he does get backing from Barton
[Post edited 15 May 2015 10:32]

I reckon he'll end up at Everton.
Barton already looking to move on? on 10:54 - May 15 with 2417 viewsTacticalR

I believe it's less about money than about whether Nietzscheanism is an acceptable doctrine in the Marseilles dressing room.

Air hostess clique

Barton already looking to move on? on 10:57 - May 15 with 2408 viewsCHUBBS

Barton already looking to move on? on 21:10 - May 14 by ShotKneesHoop

Boiled, fried or poached?

Scrambled!

As each one of these useless ponces leave I'll enjoy a pint!
Barton already looking to move on? on 11:03 - May 15 with 2391 viewsJonDoeman

Barton already looking to move on? on 10:35 - May 15 by ganjR

I reckon he'll end up at Everton.

No chance. Martinez likes his players to pass to those wearing the same shirt!!

It Is What It Is !!

Barton already looking to move on? on 11:11 - May 15 with 2376 viewsJuzzie

“The agent call me last week to offer me Joey for next year.............”.

This is what makes me sick about modern football, the way players are hawked around various clubs by their agents to get the best deal like some south-east asian 'meat market'. Agents are basically legalised pimps and the footballers are their 'girls'.

IMO, alledgedly, etc m'lud.
Barton already looking to move on? on 11:12 - May 15 with 2369 viewsTacticalR

Barton already looking to move on? on 11:03 - May 15 by JonDoeman

We don't hold such narrow-minded views at our club.

Air hostess clique

Barton already looking to move on? on 11:25 - May 15 with 2341 viewsdaveB

I reckon he'll end up staying with us, he won't have that many options this summer
Barton already looking to move on? on 11:28 - May 15 with 2336 viewsNorthernr

Barton already looking to move on? on 11:11 - May 15 by Juzzie

“The agent call me last week to offer me Joey for next year.............”.

This is what makes me sick about modern football, the way players are hawked around various clubs by their agents to get the best deal like some south-east asian 'meat market'. Agents are basically legalised pimps and the footballers are their 'girls'.

IMO, alledgedly, etc m'lud.

To counter this, the FA have taken the extraordinary step to relax the rules. No longer have to be registered as an agent to rep players from next season. That'll improve the situation lads, well done with that one.
Login to get fewer ads

Barton already looking to move on? on 11:38 - May 15 with 2302 viewsJuzzie

Barton already looking to move on? on 11:25 - May 15 by daveB

I reckon he'll end up staying with us, he won't have that many options this summer

Only if we choose to offer him a new contract.

Which we will, 3 years and £50k a week probably.....
Barton already looking to move on? on 11:46 - May 15 with 2282 viewsTheChef

Barton already looking to move on? on 11:28 - May 15 by Northernr

To counter this, the FA have taken the extraordinary step to relax the rules. No longer have to be registered as an agent to rep players from next season. That'll improve the situation lads, well done with that one.

New career opportunities, excellent!

Just need to give my suit a shine.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Barton already looking to move on? on 12:01 - May 15 with 2252 viewsTHEBUSH

Hopefully we let all our out of contract players leave, just can't afford any of them, no time for sentiment.

Let Barton and Co leave, a new era has begun or has it ?
Barton already looking to move on? on 12:02 - May 15 with 2252 viewsganjR

Barton already looking to move on? on 11:03 - May 15 by JonDoeman

He makes some odd signings though...
Barton already looking to move on? on 12:08 - May 15 with 2237 viewsfakekerby

Barton already looking to move on? on 11:38 - May 15 by Juzzie

Only if we choose to offer him a new contract.

Which we will, 3 years and £50k a week probably.....

I've got almost no doubt that the club will try and keep him. I've also got no doubt it would be a disaster. Let's look at the facts:-

His performances/effort has improved dramatically towards the end of his contract.

He is still using Twitter/the media to blame others and air our dirty laundry in public.

He is still getting sent off in vital games through his own rank stupidity.

He will still demand to be up there with the highest earners.

If we renew this guy, i'm close to giving up. Lessons learned, my ****.
Barton already looking to move on? on 12:11 - May 15 with 2231 viewsWeaverQPR

I'm sure Barton can be replaced by someone cheaper, less griefy, and more than likely have better ball retention

@WeavQPR

Barton already looking to move on? on 12:22 - May 15 with 2220 viewsYorkRanger

Hard to believe that anyone would think our club will be a better place next season by retaining the services of Joey Barton.
Barton already looking to move on? on 12:32 - May 15 with 1962 viewsganjR

Barton already looking to move on? on 12:22 - May 15 by YorkRanger

Hard to believe that anyone would think our club will be a better place next season by retaining the services of Joey Barton.

Playing devils advocate here:
He knows the club and staff, does alot of good work for it off the field (cue comments about on it), we are having a huge clear out, as in a ridiculous one. We don't know IF we will actually be able to buy anyone, he is good in the championship, would have to sign a reduced contract and it would only for a year I reckon (no matter length of contract). Could help with the transition period.
Barton already looking to move on? on 12:35 - May 15 with 1948 viewsYorkRanger

Barton already looking to move on? on 12:32 - May 15 by ganjR

He knows the club and staff, does alot of good work for it off the field (cue comments about on it), we are having a huge clear out, as in a ridiculous one. We don't know IF we will actually be able to buy anyone, he is good in the championship, would have to sign a reduced contract and it would only for a year I reckon (no matter length of contract). Could help with the transition period.

Yes you could argue some of those points admittedly.

There is of course the other side to him, here are a few examples

Man City sending off
Exile to Marseille not prepared to play for the club
Hull sending off
CAlling out bad eggs just before our biggest game of the season

Etc
Barton already looking to move on? on 12:36 - May 15 with 1945 viewsQPunkR

But he's not lowering his demands for Marseille (where he loves coming off the bench repeatedly with a minute left and apparently they love him - poor fúckers), so why would he lower his demands for us.

I can see fúcking Fernandes doling out a nice fat contract offer to Jesus Barton in the coming weeks

QPR - "shit but local"

Barton already looking to move on? on 12:57 - May 15 with 1895 viewsdaveB

He's still a very good player in the championship but going to have to take a massive cut in wages to stay, I sadly think we're stupid enough to keep him on just so we have some experience around the squad next season
Barton already looking to move on? on 12:59 - May 15 with 1891 viewsganjR

I agree with the anti Barton rhetoric too.
At the moment, and I may be wrong to feel this way, but... I feel that whether Barton is with us or not next season, may be the least of our worries.
Barton already looking to move on? on 13:30 - May 15 with 1818 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

What good work does he do off the field?

Maybe I'm being harsh and he's a secret philanthropist, but all I hear about are his Twitter baiting of players and celebrities, and his never ending social commentary. All of this , while his right to do, doesn't do the club any favours.

I've also heard he's hated by non football staff at Harlington because of his attitude and that he refused to attend away games while injured or suspended.

Hardly a club man is he?
Barton already looking to move on? on 13:47 - May 15 with 1795 viewsNov77

One of a number I'd be delighted to see leave.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Barton already looking to move on? on 13:47 - May 15 with 1794 viewskingsburyR

Stand by your beds.....

Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton 11m11 minutes ago
I am still of the belief that if you're part of a team that goes down. You should try to help them back up. But that decision is not mine.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Barton already looking to move on? on 13:53 - May 15 with 1774 viewsNov77

Barton already looking to move on? on 13:47 - May 15 by kingsburyR

Stand by your beds.....

Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton 11m11 minutes ago
I am still of the belief that if you're part of a team that goes down. You should try to help them back up. But that decision is not mine.

Is this the same joseph that two years ago said 'qpr will be playing in the championship next season, I WONT be!'

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Barton already looking to move on? on 13:56 - May 15 with 1761 viewsNorthernr

Ah jesus, he's going off on one again. Calling people bell ends, telling them to leave football to the people who know what they're doing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024