Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? 11:37 - Dec 8 with 7901 viewsActonOccident

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35034077

11 top flight seasons, followed by a quicksand experience in the Championship. Ouch.
So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 12:12 - Dec 8 with 6152 viewsSuffolkHoop

Wish them well. Could so easily be us.
So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 12:13 - Dec 8 with 6152 viewsJonDoeman

All downhill once Fat Sam left !

It Is What It Is !!

So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 12:19 - Dec 8 with 6114 viewsJuzzie

This is seriously awful news. We're not talking about a League 2/non-League team here (though it's just as bad if it was). This is an established League club with a good history etc.

Portsmouth, Bolton.... how many others to follow?

The PL/FA are killing the game and have been since 1992. I know each club is responsible for themselves but it's primarily the insane player salaries that are doing this. The income is there, it's the outgoings that are the problem.

I fear we are going to see more clubs go to the wall but as long as the PL is OK then they don't give a fk, no matter how much they say 'how sad it is'.
So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 12:19 - Dec 8 with 6110 viewseasthertsr

Whenever people come on here and slag off our owners perhaps they should look at this very, very carefully and see what can happen after relegation if people do not put their hands in their pockets!
So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 12:35 - Dec 8 with 6035 viewsrunningman75

The Premier League dream new stadium complex including a hotel now going to struggle in League 1 if still in existence. Another reason for QPR to stay at Loftus Road.
So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 12:39 - Dec 8 with 6012 viewsEastR

there but for the grace of shareholder write offs.....

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 12:46 - Dec 8 with 5981 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 12:19 - Dec 8 by easthertsr

Whenever people come on here and slag off our owners perhaps they should look at this very, very carefully and see what can happen after relegation if people do not put their hands in their pockets!

I'm sceptical they put their hand in their pocket for our well being. They are good businessmen for a reason.

I'll add that lots of debt was added after their arrival. I'm not going to thank them for removing debt they put there in the first place.

Also, Caterham.

Good luck to Bolton fans anyway. I hope they can come up with something and achieve self ownership.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2015 13:22]
So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 12:48 - Dec 8 with 5964 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Poor hoors.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 12:51 - Dec 8 with 5949 viewsCamberleyR

"11 top flight seasons, followed by a quicksand experience in the Championship. Ouch."

And as I recall in those 11 seasons they never really struggled until the season they went down with us the fortunate beneficiaries. Sort of mirrors us a bit in 95/96 where 13 seasons of top flight football never looked like ending until it happened.

Paying insane amounts of money to average players and greedy agents yet again. I hope the Premier League house of cards comes crashing down in a big fcking way soon.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 13:14 - Dec 8 with 5871 viewsTGRRRSSS

They needed to move, Burnden Park was very old, ramshackle and the Taylor Report meant they like many had to move or adapt, and in their case moving was and remains the best option.
They have many issues but I don't think the ground is a significant one, the way the "Business" has been run is in my view a separate matter, as I see it this Eddie Davies has simply decided enough is enough, yes it's worth bearing in mind when thinking of our own owners, but how many offers has he had to sell the club?
Funny how our debts and costs are so public, yet Bolton who are also heavily in debt were ignored for so long until crisis hit them.
I wish the Bolton fans all the best, I to have feared the crash in football but somehow it's kept rolling on and on, you can't help feeling somewhere something will happen - and when it does a domino effect might well happen.
Like a football credit crunch scenario.
So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 13:33 - Dec 8 with 5787 viewsToast_R

Best of luck to the fans of Bolton. We've been there, it's a horrible heartbreaking situation for the fans.

Desperate new investment needed, hopefully not a loan from Panama...
So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 13:48 - Dec 8 with 5734 viewsisawqpratwcity

So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 12:46 - Dec 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

I'm sceptical they put their hand in their pocket for our well being. They are good businessmen for a reason.

I'll add that lots of debt was added after their arrival. I'm not going to thank them for removing debt they put there in the first place.

Also, Caterham.

Good luck to Bolton fans anyway. I hope they can come up with something and achieve self ownership.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2015 13:22]

A bit early in the year for "Bah, humbug!", isn't it?

Do you think writing off the debt is the worst they could do for the club?

Do you think fan ownership is the best option for a club? Nobody to put their hand in their pocket to buy decent players, ground renovations or whatever? Destined to never rise above League 1 because anybody good you produce will be snapped up by clubs with deeper pockets. When the Academy (if you have one) has a few dry years....first team form slips, gates drop and bills pile up.

No thanks. They may not be very good at owning and running a club, but at least our owners have put their own money where their mouth is. These days you have to have money behind you even just for the Championship.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 13:52 - Dec 8 with 5719 viewsJonDoeman

So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 12:51 - Dec 8 by CamberleyR

"11 top flight seasons, followed by a quicksand experience in the Championship. Ouch."

And as I recall in those 11 seasons they never really struggled until the season they went down with us the fortunate beneficiaries. Sort of mirrors us a bit in 95/96 where 13 seasons of top flight football never looked like ending until it happened.

Paying insane amounts of money to average players and greedy agents yet again. I hope the Premier League house of cards comes crashing down in a big fcking way soon.

Didn't know what they had till it was gone !

It Is What It Is !!

So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 15:42 - Dec 8 with 5629 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 13:48 - Dec 8 by isawqpratwcity

A bit early in the year for "Bah, humbug!", isn't it?

Do you think writing off the debt is the worst they could do for the club?

Do you think fan ownership is the best option for a club? Nobody to put their hand in their pocket to buy decent players, ground renovations or whatever? Destined to never rise above League 1 because anybody good you produce will be snapped up by clubs with deeper pockets. When the Academy (if you have one) has a few dry years....first team form slips, gates drop and bills pile up.

No thanks. They may not be very good at owning and running a club, but at least our owners have put their own money where their mouth is. These days you have to have money behind you even just for the Championship.

No.

No debt is a good thing. But let's not pretend they are going to piss all that dosh away. It's coming out of somewhere . If not a buyer, then maybe the land the stadium is on or something else. Just speculating.

Bottom line is they won't take a loss and if it comes down to the wire it us not them that will take the hit.

Again, Google Fernandes and Caterham. I know is only a minor shareholder but he soon wiped his hands of them and left them in the shite.

I truly believe fan ownership is the best thing for ANY club. Brentford are doing fine, and AFC Wimbledon flew up the non league pyramid, as FC United are. Portsmouth doing ok considering too.

If League 1 is out natural position without financial doping then so be it. Let the big clubs buy the Les Ferdinands and Raheem Sterlings. Southampton are higher in the food chain than us and they have survived letting their players go to the 'bigger clubs with deep pockets'.

I'm here for the rangers not the glory.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2015 15:47]
So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 16:46 - Dec 8 with 5553 viewsrunningman75

So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 15:42 - Dec 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

No.

No debt is a good thing. But let's not pretend they are going to piss all that dosh away. It's coming out of somewhere . If not a buyer, then maybe the land the stadium is on or something else. Just speculating.

Bottom line is they won't take a loss and if it comes down to the wire it us not them that will take the hit.

Again, Google Fernandes and Caterham. I know is only a minor shareholder but he soon wiped his hands of them and left them in the shite.

I truly believe fan ownership is the best thing for ANY club. Brentford are doing fine, and AFC Wimbledon flew up the non league pyramid, as FC United are. Portsmouth doing ok considering too.

If League 1 is out natural position without financial doping then so be it. Let the big clubs buy the Les Ferdinands and Raheem Sterlings. Southampton are higher in the food chain than us and they have survived letting their players go to the 'bigger clubs with deep pockets'.

I'm here for the rangers not the glory.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2015 15:47]

I think it is about the correct way to run a club. Bournemouth must be a good model as they have gone up the leagues ( and beat Chelsea :) ), Young manager, no big name signings and winner scored on Saturday from a journeyman who has played at all levels.
I lived in Brighton in the 1990s and went to the Goldstone ground. The owner then sold the club to a supermarket. I am amazed by the progression of Brighton from then until now.
So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 16:49 - Dec 8 with 5542 viewsessextaxiboy

Feel for the fans , but A spot of karma for Gartside the chairman.

This was the bloke who when Bolton were in the Prem and he had a position of influence at the FA wanted to do away with promotion and relegation to the Prem and lock in his own clubs income for ever .

Weasel
So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 17:12 - Dec 8 with 5466 viewsbosh67

Dreadful for all the fans there, massively feel for them. Starting to think being in the Prem is a real curse for clubs that aren't the big ones.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 17:15 - Dec 8 with 5455 viewsJamie

So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 12:19 - Dec 8 by easthertsr

Completely different situation to be fair.

Bolton's backer had invested a couple of hundred million over the years of ready cash to build them up, knowing he would never get a penny back, before reaching the stage that he can't/won't underwrite them anymore.

Our owners need to get out at a somewhat palatable settlement as they have other businesses riding on it.
So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 19:58 - Dec 8 with 5253 viewsderbyhoop

There but for the grace of God ....

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 20:52 - Dec 8 with 5141 viewsDeano19766

Football is simply all about the money these days. And because of that I don't bother with it any more, save for looking out for results, watching the odd game down the pub, and reading posts on here. Money ruined the game I loved. Fcuk the Premiershite and all who take part in her - hope they all go bust
So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 21:02 - Dec 8 with 5122 viewsloftboy

So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 20:52 - Dec 8 by Deano19766

Football is simply all about the money these days. And because of that I don't bother with it any more, save for looking out for results, watching the odd game down the pub, and reading posts on here. Money ruined the game I loved. Fcuk the Premiershite and all who take part in her - hope they all go bust

As I said before had we stayed up Las season I wouldn't have renewed, wants the point in going to a game and.being happy with a goalless draw.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 21:09 - Dec 8 with 5110 viewsDeano19766

So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 21:02 - Dec 8 by loftboy

As I said before had we stayed up Las season I wouldn't have renewed, wants the point in going to a game and.being happy with a goalless draw.

Agree wholeheartedly
So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 21:31 - Dec 8 with 5058 viewslondonscottish

My brother in law's a Bolton fan - very worried.

But, yes, to all the previous posts, Sky money has totally bollxd everything up in this country.

The TV money goes straight to agents/players/managers without touching the sides of the clubs.

In a many ways the money has always done that but the resultant debts are now 10x or 100x bigger,

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 21:51 - Dec 8 with 5002 viewsFredManRave

I agree with the sentiment from most on this thread that (SKY) money is ruining football but it's still the responsibility of those running the clubs to make sure they are run prudently. It can be done. The clubs are getting more and more money, it's obscene but it's still down to them as to how they spend it, specifically on how much they spend on players and then the contracts they offer.

A great worry for Bolton and as always it's the fans that will suffer the most.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 22:00 - Dec 8 with 4957 viewsCroydonCaptJack

So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 21:51 - Dec 8 by FredManRave

I agree with the sentiment from most on this thread that (SKY) money is ruining football but it's still the responsibility of those running the clubs to make sure they are run prudently. It can be done. The clubs are getting more and more money, it's obscene but it's still down to them as to how they spend it, specifically on how much they spend on players and then the contracts they offer.

A great worry for Bolton and as always it's the fans that will suffer the most.

Totally agree. This is why ffp was brought in. It was probably ten years to late though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024