Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vargas the winger? 12:32 - Sep 5 with 6950 viewstimcocking

Don't know anything about him really, so googled him. He's a winger? Not wishing to be too negative or keep harping on about it or anything, and correct me if i'm wrong, but that means we have, by my reckoning, two strikers? One of who is Zamora and the other whose arm falls off periodically.

Hmmm.

At least it puts to rest my fear that Charlie wouldn't get much of a chance this year.

Fingers crossed we don't get any injuries at full back or up front. Not easy to stay in the premier league, definitely not easy with Karl Henry at right back and Matty Phillips as centre forward.

Still, nobody could possible have expected a gent like Remy to leave us and nobody could have predicted Simpson would sell himself

Never mind, if all else fails, at least we're sponsored by Nike.
Vargas the winger? on 12:51 - Sep 5 with 4768 viewsEastR

what's he complaining about now?

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Vargas the winger? on 12:56 - Sep 5 with 4744 viewsWadR

He can play either on the wings or upfront. He played up top for Chile in the World Cup, and was very good. Scored against Spain and all. I believe he's played on the wings for his club sides in the last couple of years which explains the disparity between his club and international goalscoring records.
Vargas the winger? on 13:03 - Sep 5 with 4721 viewsMaggsinho

From Wiki:

Eduardo Jesús Vargas Rojas (Spanish pronunciation: [eˈðwarðo ˈβaɾɣas]; born 20 November 1989) is a Chilean footballer signed by Queens Park Rangers on loan from Napoli. Mainly a forward, he can also play as a winger.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eduardo_Vargas

Plus Nedum is evidently cover for right back so it will take a couple of injuries before we see Karl Henry there.
Vargas the winger? on 13:08 - Sep 5 with 4694 viewssexton

Arry said he can play up top, number 10 or either side. Top top player.
Vargas the winger? on 13:11 - Sep 5 with 4682 viewsdaveB

We've got 4 people who can play the lone front man role plus another 4 who can play in behind the forward. If we get injuries we have a youth team as well we can call on
Vargas the winger? on 13:22 - Sep 5 with 4631 viewsWesty75

Thierry Henry played a fair bit as a winger, as does Raheem Sterling. I'd be a bit more worried if it said he was a centre back.
Vargas the winger? on 13:25 - Sep 5 with 4618 viewsQPunkR

As said by others, he plays more up front for his rather splendid international team, where he has pretty much a 1 in 2 scoring record. If we continue with this 4-3-3 thingumajig (before Arry gets bored again) then he'll be grand playing either side of Charlie.
On a side note, if we do persist with 4-3-3 I don't see why Barton should get a game rly after we spent a pretty penny bringing in three other and better CMs.

QPR - "shit but local"

Vargas the winger? on 13:33 - Sep 5 with 4590 viewsPinnerPaul

Vargas the winger? on 13:25 - Sep 5 by QPunkR

As said by others, he plays more up front for his rather splendid international team, where he has pretty much a 1 in 2 scoring record. If we continue with this 4-3-3 thingumajig (before Arry gets bored again) then he'll be grand playing either side of Charlie.
On a side note, if we do persist with 4-3-3 I don't see why Barton should get a game rly after we spent a pretty penny bringing in three other and better CMs.

The 3 defensive midfielders who are "better than JB" are?????...........
Login to get fewer ads

Vargas the winger? on 13:33 - Sep 5 with 4585 viewssmegma

Can he make a cheese soufflé though?
Vargas the winger? on 13:37 - Sep 5 with 4573 viewsQPunkR

Vargas the winger? on 13:33 - Sep 5 by PinnerPaul

The 3 defensive midfielders who are "better than JB" are?????...........

I said CMs if you read it. And if it needs spelling out, they are Fer, Sandro and Mutch

QPR - "shit but local"

Vargas the winger? on 13:42 - Sep 5 with 4552 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Vargas the winger? on 13:25 - Sep 5 by QPunkR

Probably because he was our second best player against Sunderland imo.
Vargas the winger? on 13:49 - Sep 5 with 4528 viewsPinnerPaul

Vargas the winger? on 13:37 - Sep 5 by QPunkR

I said CMs if you read it. And if it needs spelling out, they are Fer, Sandro and Mutch

and you would play those three in a 433, despite JB being our best player so far this season and one of our best last season?
Vargas the winger? on 13:54 - Sep 5 with 4512 viewsQPunkR

Vargas the winger? on 13:49 - Sep 5 by PinnerPaul

and you would play those three in a 433, despite JB being our best player so far this season and one of our best last season?

One of our best last season? While I'll grant you he wasn't as shite as the previous 2 years, there were a few ahead of him in the pecking order. Green, Austin, Dunne, Simpson to name but four.
Maybe, if he recognised his limits and attempted simple 5 yard passes and let someone else take all our freekicks and corners then he'd be a better player. Instead he either hits the first man every time or floats harmless balls into the area from corners, and consistently finds the crowd with his Hollywood raking 'passes'. Faurlín he ain't.

QPR - "shit but local"

Vargas the winger? on 14:03 - Sep 5 with 4477 viewsfrancisbowles

Vargas the winger? on 13:11 - Sep 5 by daveB

We've got 4 people who can play the lone front man role plus another 4 who can play in behind the forward. If we get injuries we have a youth team as well we can call on

Ok Dave, I need some help with that one. Charlie (when fit), BZ (for 30 mins, when fit), Vargas (isn't very tall) and ?

Youth team target men/lone strikers?
Vargas the winger? on 14:08 - Sep 5 with 4459 viewssimmo

Vargas the winger? on 13:37 - Sep 5 by QPunkR

The thing with Barton, and I know I have said this before, is that I don't actually think HE is that good a player, not bad but nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. However I think as a team we play better when he's on the pitch. Whatever you want to say about him when he is on that field he is committed and doesnt hide, he also drives othjers on, geeing them up and being vocal. This is important and it's for that reason I would also include him in the first 11, despite others actually having more ability

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Vargas the winger? on 14:11 - Sep 5 with 4447 viewssdm1508

I think we are set up for a diamond midfield.

Green
Isla Ferdinand Caulker Yun/Traore

Sandro
Barton Mutch
Fer

Austin Vargas

Width provided by the full backs. Sandro sitting and protecting the two CB's.

There can be movement in that formation. Mutch/Fer/Barton can swap places during games. Even though Barton's dead ball set plays can be very suspect he does cross a good moving ball. If the full backs are attacking then covered can be provided by Barton and Mutch dropping back a bit with Sandro.

I believe Vargas is a 'busy' hard working player and so is Austin so they helps when trying to defend from the front. Hoillett and Phillips to come of the bench or if we need more pace, hoillett can come into the '10' role and Fer drops back a bit
[Post edited 5 Sep 2014 14:15]
Vargas the winger? on 14:14 - Sep 5 with 4427 viewsNorthernr

I was with you up to the youth team bit. What's one of those?
Vargas the winger? on 14:16 - Sep 5 with 4420 viewssimmo

I appreciate you're an optimist, but we haven't got 4 strikers,unless you mean Taarabt, who is obviously more of a Plan D

Vargas the winger? on 14:23 - Sep 5 with 4385 viewsdaveB

Vargas the winger? on 14:03 - Sep 5 by francisbowles

Ok Dave, I need some help with that one. Charlie (when fit), BZ (for 30 mins, when fit), Vargas (isn't very tall) and ?

Youth team target men/lone strikers?

Taarabt
Vargas the winger? on 14:25 - Sep 5 with 4380 viewsdaveB

Vargas the winger? on 14:16 - Sep 5 by simmo

I appreciate you're an optimist, but we haven't got 4 strikers,unless you mean Taarabt, who is obviously more of a Plan D

well yeah he is a plan d, thats why he is 4th choice. I'd rather we had another forward but we've got options
Vargas the winger? on 14:27 - Sep 5 with 4371 viewssimmo

Vargas the winger? on 14:25 - Sep 5 by daveB

well yeah he is a plan d, thats why he is 4th choice. I'd rather we had another forward but we've got options

I agree, funnily. I think we will be fine, at least until January. If Austin get's injured we will struggle but that's the same with any clubs first choice striker, unless you're a Man City or Chelscum that can afford so much depth, which we are not.

We still only have 3 strikers though, plus another 1-2 players that can play up top if we're really stuck.

Vargas the winger? on 14:33 - Sep 5 with 4353 viewskysersosaqpr

Vargas the winger? on 14:25 - Sep 5 by daveB

I reckon your spot on. Glad we didn't chuck money at the greedy b.stards on transfer d day.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Vargas the winger? on 16:04 - Sep 5 with 4230 viewsPommyhoop

The OP is quite funny if you read it to yourself in a Julian Clarey voice.
He's not far wrong tho about selling Simpson and not getting another striker.
'You could've blown me over wiv a feaver Guv when Chelsea came in for Remy .Honest Guvnor as God is my witness..Shine ya shoes Guvnor?'
F@ck off H you f@cking lier.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Vargas the winger? on 18:21 - Sep 5 with 4093 viewstimcocking

Vargas the winger? on 12:51 - Sep 5 by EastR

what's he complaining about now?

Could it be that we have only two injury prone centre forwards?
Vargas the winger? on 18:40 - Sep 5 with 4051 viewsDylanP

Vargas the winger? on 18:21 - Sep 5 by timcocking

Could it be that we have only two injury prone centre forwards?

Charlie is no more injury prone than any other player. he fell down and hurt himself. That happens. He also scored 20 times in a shortened season. And, obiously, Vargas is also a striker.

I actually think it is good that he also has a bit of winger in him. It provides some additional width if necessary. So it seems like a midfield four of Barton, Mutch, Sadros and Fer makes sens as our best midfielders. However, there is precious little width in that foursome. So, having Vargas up front, he has the option to pull out wide and provide width in the attacking third.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024