Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Formation 06:47 - Jul 22 with 3496 viewsEltham_Ranger

Any thoughts on a formation Ramsey might stick with this season?

It's been 4-4-1-1 so far in pre-season but I think our squad is better suited to 4-2-3-1. Any thoughts?
Formation on 07:45 - Jul 22 with 3441 viewsHayesender

1-8-1 atm

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Formation on 08:18 - Jul 22 with 3392 viewsbosh67

He wants 4-3-3 I believe

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Formation on 08:37 - Jul 22 with 3356 viewsGetMeRangers

Formation on 07:45 - Jul 22 by Hayesender

1-8-1 atm

If charlie goes, 2-8-0. Just swamp the midfield, they all have goals in them
Formation on 09:12 - Jul 22 with 3304 viewsadhoc_qpr

Formation on 08:18 - Jul 22 by bosh67

He wants 4-3-3 I believe

That doesn't really seem to fit our better players though - although we don't know who is leaving we have just bought Chery whose best position is just behind a striker in a number 10 role? We also still have Fer who doesn't fit a 4-3-3 either.

Playing wide in a front 3 is the ideal position to get the best of Mackie though.

Although i like a lot of our signings, our squad seems to be as ramshackle as ever so far! Overstocked in some areas, very weak in others.
Formation on 09:29 - Jul 22 with 3274 viewsDiscodroids

Formation on 07:45 - Jul 22 by Hayesender

1-8-1 atm

it aint far off mate !

magnus pyke couldnt balance a matchday squad as it stands .

wildly unbalanced
[Post edited 22 Jul 2015 10:08]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Formation on 10:01 - Jul 22 with 3217 viewseghamranger

Formation on 09:29 - Jul 22 by Discodroids

it aint far off mate !

magnus pyke couldnt balance a matchday squad as it stands .

wildly unbalanced
[Post edited 22 Jul 2015 10:08]

So ATM our strongest team would be

1. Green
2. Furlong
3. Yun
4. Ononua
5. Caulker
6. Faurlin
7. Gladwin
8. Luongo
9. Austin
10.Phillips
11. Chery

Subs. Keeper, hill, polter, Sandro,Mackie, Henry, Fer
Formation on 10:13 - Jul 22 with 3184 viewsfakekerby

Formation on 10:01 - Jul 22 by eghamranger

1. Green
2. Furlong
3. Yun
4. Ononua
5. Caulker
6. Faurlin
7. Gladwin
8. Luongo
9. Austin
10.Phillips
11. Chery

Fer has to start if he's still around - he'll be one of the top players in the division.

I'm still very concerned about our fullbacks... I don't think Furlong is close to ready for a Championship season and Yun is very injury prone.
Formation on 10:31 - Jul 22 with 3134 viewsDiscodroids

1. Green
2. Furlong
3. Yun
4. Ononua
5. Caulker
6. Faurlin
7. Gladwin
8. Luongo
9. Austin
10.Phillips
11. Chery

other then furlong that looks a decent team, trouble is old magnus wont have matty boy, chaz and possibly sandro and fer to play with.

who can make a case for ned and yun to play more than 25 games each ?, possibly oj simpsons mate, johnny cochran.

clint hill as cover ?, for fear of burning shit through my LFW letterbox, i'lL make pretend there isnt a tiny weeny problem there.. a bit like the bump in the wing of my kia soul.

Ali ??, ditto

the case for the defence , i fear m'lud , is a hopeless one.

Green
Furlong
caulker
ned
yun
and to cover all 4 positions .......clint hill.

good luck with that magnus.

[Post edited 22 Jul 2015 10:37]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Login to get fewer ads

Formation (n/t) on 10:31 - Jul 22 with 3132 viewsDiscodroids

1. Green
2. Furlong
3. Yun
4. Ononua
5. Caulker
6. Faurlin
7. Gladwin
8. Luongo
9. Austin
10.Phillips
11. Chery

[Post edited 22 Jul 2015 10:33]

Formation on 10:47 - Jul 22 with 3084 viewsEltham_Ranger

4-2-3-1 would work;

We're light in defence but Onuoha, Caulker and Hill have good Rangers appearance records and I like the look of a Furlong, Onuoha, Caulker, Yun back 4.

Defensive midfield (2): Faurlin, Henry, Doughty, (Diakite & Sandro)
Attacking Midfield (3): Gladwin, Luongo, Mackie, Chery, Petrasso, Sutherland, (Hoilett, Phillips, Fer)
Striker (1): Polter, Grego-Cox, Emmauneul Thomas (Austin)

If those 6 in brackets leave though then we are light.

But, it is worth remembering that in our title winning team we had a relatively small squad and a large number of players played more than 35 games that season. Kenny, Orr, Gorrks, Connolly, Hill, Derry, Faurlin, Taarabt, Helguson, Mackie/Routledge, Smith etc.
Formation on 11:02 - Jul 22 with 3052 viewsCFW

If you look at the people we have signed so far on paper they would appear to be 'good signings' - unproven at this level but a step in the right direction.

So I really fail to understand why Ramsey and Les did not have a conversation about our playing formation and the players required to play within that system. It was as clear as it can be we are very weak in defence especially our two full backs and that needs attention as well as a centre half.

Our midfield is so over subscribed it is a joke. Why offer KH another year - sorry but I thought he was poor last season and with the new players we have bought in we do not need him. Sandro - who knows? We have a lot of 'similar' players which makes our squad very unbalanced and if and when Charlie goes we are weak up front. To have any chance in the Championship you need one or possibly two 20 goal strikers. Take Charlie out then we currently have no one who will get any where close to that figure.

To balance perhaps they know who will be going and if we loose a few suddenly it does not look too bad - not strong enough in this division but better balanced.
Formation (n/t) on 11:02 - Jul 22 with 3052 viewseghamranger

Formation (n/t) on 10:31 - Jul 22 by Discodroids

[Post edited 22 Jul 2015 10:33]

Just throwing it out there. Got also Jet, Tyler-Blackwood, Grego cox, up front.. Manning in midfield along with doughty and Hoilet

Defo need another striker if Charlie goes and a couple of defenders. The fella from spurs would be a good shout, the Southend keeper and I'm sure a couple of loans will come in
[Post edited 22 Jul 2015 11:04]
Formation on 11:10 - Jul 22 with 3029 viewsHayesender

Just seen the back of tonight's programe and Sandro is listed in the squad.

So that's 1-9-0

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Formation on 11:11 - Jul 22 with 3028 viewsDiscodroids

Formation on 11:02 - Jul 22 by CFW

If you look at the people we have signed so far on paper they would appear to be 'good signings' - unproven at this level but a step in the right direction.

So I really fail to understand why Ramsey and Les did not have a conversation about our playing formation and the players required to play within that system. It was as clear as it can be we are very weak in defence especially our two full backs and that needs attention as well as a centre half.

Our midfield is so over subscribed it is a joke. Why offer KH another year - sorry but I thought he was poor last season and with the new players we have bought in we do not need him. Sandro - who knows? We have a lot of 'similar' players which makes our squad very unbalanced and if and when Charlie goes we are weak up front. To have any chance in the Championship you need one or possibly two 20 goal strikers. Take Charlie out then we currently have no one who will get any where close to that figure.

To balance perhaps they know who will be going and if we loose a few suddenly it does not look too bad - not strong enough in this division but better balanced.

agree 100%
[Post edited 22 Jul 2015 11:20]

Formation on 11:19 - Jul 22 with 3011 viewsDiscodroids

Formation on 10:47 - Jul 22 by Eltham_Ranger

4-2-3-1 would work;

We're light in defence but Onuoha, Caulker and Hill have good Rangers appearance records and I like the look of a Furlong, Onuoha, Caulker, Yun back 4.

Defensive midfield (2): Faurlin, Henry, Doughty, (Diakite & Sandro)
Attacking Midfield (3): Gladwin, Luongo, Mackie, Chery, Petrasso, Sutherland, (Hoilett, Phillips, Fer)
Striker (1): Polter, Grego-Cox, Emmauneul Thomas (Austin)

If those 6 in brackets leave though then we are light.

But, it is worth remembering that in our title winning team we had a relatively small squad and a large number of players played more than 35 games that season. Kenny, Orr, Gorrks, Connolly, Hill, Derry, Faurlin, Taarabt, Helguson, Mackie/Routledge, Smith etc.

i agree with some of that mate but im a bit weary on Ned having a good appearance record with us.

dont get me wrong, i like him but without checking , im not to sure he has seen out 3o + games a season since he joined us 3 or 4 years ago..im probably wrong though!.

as for clint , no one can fault his injury record and few games missed, but from this point forward is having clint who will be 37 a few months into the season , as first reserve back up to cover injury prone yun and the ned and caulker partnership anywhere near enough cover.

the midfield does looks first class though , although who anchors it outside of sandro is a worry .

stil think we are in dire need of a striker to replace chaz as i cant make a case for mackie , the german lad, jet or grego cox to score 25 between them.

im sure les is working on it.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2015 11:23]

Formation on 11:28 - Jul 22 with 2983 viewssimmo

Formation on 11:02 - Jul 22 by CFW

Henry had an option I believe, not sure we would have offered him a one year deal otherwise. Although saying that, I think his experience will be helpful considering the focus on youth.

I just hope amongst all this that CR has a clear idea of exactly how he wants to play and what he's bringing these guys in for. I am sick of us signing players becase they look like good transfers, rather than identfying a need within a system and addressing it. I appreciate it's a little different this time around though as he has no idea who will still be here come the start of the season.

[Post edited 22 Jul 2015 11:30]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Formation on 12:07 - Jul 22 with 2941 viewsadhoc_qpr

Formation on 11:28 - Jul 22 by simmo

Henry had an option I believe, not sure we would have offered him a one year deal otherwise. Although saying that, I think his experience will be helpful considering the focus on youth.

I just hope amongst all this that CR has a clear idea of exactly how he wants to play and what he's bringing these guys in for. I am sick of us signing players becase they look like good transfers, rather than identfying a need within a system and addressing it. I appreciate it's a little different this time around though as he has no idea who will still be here come the start of the season.

We need to get an idea fast!

The season starts in just over 3 weeks and we are in a big state of flux (yet again) during a less than ideal pre-season (yet again).

I assume we must be close to signing a right back at least, otherwise the decision to send out Harriman on loan looks even more muddled and pointless.

I genuinely can't see anyway to fit all of our senior and better players into a logical system - I do think people have been signed because they are good players first, rather than because we have a specific plan for them.
Formation on 12:11 - Jul 22 with 2924 viewsCFW

Formation on 11:28 - Jul 22 by simmo

If we go back to the dark days of Hughes - exactly the same. Just go a buy players because of their reputation, availability, they wanting one more big pay day, etc and then finding out where we can fit all these players in and keep them happy.

In my view a manager should know exactly how he wants to play, have a plan B and perhaps another system just for playing against certain opposition and not only buy players who can fit that system but to coach them on how he wants them to play.

Currently I am not seeing this at all unless I am missing something or Chris and Les have it all under control. Look at the top sides all play to a plan and stick with it apart from the odd change when required.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024