Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cousins 18:09 - Dec 29 with 7085 viewsridethewave

If Cousins is a decent footballer I’m the pope. He lacks any presence whatsoever. I’ve cut him a lot of slack for being injured and not given a chance, but that performance just tops it for me. He doesn’t even look like he has a footballing brain in his head.
Cousins on 18:10 - Dec 29 with 4625 viewscolinallcars

I agree - he just hasn't got it. Bring back Manning.
Cousins on 18:12 - Dec 29 with 4613 viewsbosh67

He is a footballer who has lost confidence and the will to play. I think he can play but I have never thought at this level. For me there is so much more bite to Manning's whole game. I tend to think Steve sent the wrong man on loan, but begrudgingly I think he will give Cousins a run. Steve has made us hard to beat though so perhaps one day we will see a better Cousins. Part of me would love to see him do that but I just don't think that player is there. Or perhaps was ever there. Come on Jordan, do something to prove us wrong.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2018 18:13]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Cousins on 18:19 - Dec 29 with 4555 viewssmegma

Jordan had a big chance today to say to McLaren 'pick me'. He did not take that chance but he is not the reason we failed to win today, the team as a whole put in a poor performance, Lumley and Scowen aside.
Cousins on 18:27 - Dec 29 with 4495 viewsDWQPR

Cousins is very poor. Almost lost us the game in the last minute giving the ball away on the half way line. Never been impressed by him and I suspect I never will. Rather have seen Chair partnering Scowen in midfield than Cousins.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Cousins on 18:32 - Dec 29 with 4456 viewsHayesender

I was quite excited when we signed him. I think I got him mixed up with Lookman

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Cousins on 18:34 - Dec 29 with 4448 viewsqprd

Cousins is a good footballer, but hes a limited footballer.

He can win the ball, cover ground, win headers and otherwise defend. His close control is crap. He can only pass sideways and backwards. He didn't play a single successful ball forward (other than a randomly beautiful diagonal ball to left wing in the second half).

When you partner him with a player like Freeman, Cameron or Luongo in a midfield 2 who will assume the dribbling and passing responsibilities, he can excel as a defensive midfielder

however, when you pair him with a player like scowen who is also limited and doesn't show for the ball, its not going to be pretty. which is what we all unfortunately saw today

I don't think he lacks a football "brain". hes just not good with the ball
[Post edited 29 Dec 2018 18:35]
Cousins on 18:41 - Dec 29 with 4412 viewsHarbour

SM will give him an extended run while Mass is at the Asian cup think this is make or break time for Jordan do well and prove yourself do badlly and think chance lost. Would be good if Manning is recalled as cover in case needed.
Cousins on 18:44 - Dec 29 with 4395 viewsTonto

This is more like the board I've come to know... laying into players and complaining about stuff... top marks all

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Login to get fewer ads

Cousins on 18:52 - Dec 29 with 4347 viewsbosh67

Cousins on 18:34 - Dec 29 by qprd

Cousins is a good footballer, but hes a limited footballer.

He can win the ball, cover ground, win headers and otherwise defend. His close control is crap. He can only pass sideways and backwards. He didn't play a single successful ball forward (other than a randomly beautiful diagonal ball to left wing in the second half).

When you partner him with a player like Freeman, Cameron or Luongo in a midfield 2 who will assume the dribbling and passing responsibilities, he can excel as a defensive midfielder

however, when you pair him with a player like scowen who is also limited and doesn't show for the ball, its not going to be pretty. which is what we all unfortunately saw today

I don't think he lacks a football "brain". hes just not good with the ball
[Post edited 29 Dec 2018 18:35]

"I don't think he lacks a football "brain". hes just not good with the ball."

Isn't this a case for him not being a very good footballer?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Cousins on 19:04 - Dec 29 with 4275 viewsHunterhoop

Cousins on 18:44 - Dec 29 by Tonto

This is more like the board I've come to know... laying into players and complaining about stuff... top marks all

Oh come on, mate. Cousins was dreadful today. Call a spade a spade and all that.
Cousins on 19:06 - Dec 29 with 4270 viewsToast_R

Cousins on 18:52 - Dec 29 by bosh67

"I don't think he lacks a football "brain". hes just not good with the ball."

Isn't this a case for him not being a very good footballer?

Rather like a chef that's not very good with food...
Cousins on 19:14 - Dec 29 with 4241 viewsEsox_Lucius

Bar Lumley, they all were but I understand it is traditional to have a scapegoat.

The grass is always greener.

Cousins (n/t) on 19:22 - Dec 29 with 4209 viewsridethewave

[Post edited 29 Dec 2018 19:24]
Cousins on 19:24 - Dec 29 with 4197 viewsridethewave

Cousins on 18:44 - Dec 29 by Tonto

You’re utterly boring. I saw a poor performance from a player who too often hasn’t been good enough, and I commented on it. Are we not entitled to discuss player performances? There’s been plenty of positive posts about players over the past few weeks too.

Bore off.
Cousins on 19:27 - Dec 29 with 4179 viewsGloucs_R

What has happened to Sean Goss??

Poll: Are we staying up?

Cousins on 19:55 - Dec 29 with 4087 viewsHunterhoop

Cousins on 19:14 - Dec 29 by Esox_Lucius

Bar Lumley, they all were but I understand it is traditional to have a scapegoat.

Straw Man argument alert.

No scapegoat nonsense. He had a dreadful game. More so, by a long way, than his underperforming colleagues. Everyone saw it. Everyone in the pub in agreement on it. He was dreadful. It’s allowed to be said on a QPR forum when discussing the game.
Cousins on 19:57 - Dec 29 with 4081 viewstoboboly

Cousins on 19:14 - Dec 29 by Esox_Lucius

Freeman was good, ran himself into the ground, good passing, just wasn’t able to find that cutting edge.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Cousins on 20:04 - Dec 29 with 4054 viewsqprd

Cousins on 19:57 - Dec 29 by toboboly

Freeman was good, ran himself into the ground, good passing, just wasn’t able to find that cutting edge.

yep, in addition to Lumley and freeman, I also thought the entire back 4 was good. they absorbed a lot of pressure and kept a clean sheet

there were some subpar performances, but cousins was the only one who really had a stinker. his passing accuracy was 48.1% today, which is pretty hard to do considering how many times he passed sideways to furlong

the team played poorly as a collective unit. but I don't think many individual players were that crap on the day
Cousins on 20:04 - Dec 29 with 4053 viewsWatford_Ranger

Cousins on 19:55 - Dec 29 by Hunterhoop

Straw Man argument alert.

No scapegoat nonsense. He had a dreadful game. More so, by a long way, than his underperforming colleagues. Everyone saw it. Everyone in the pub in agreement on it. He was dreadful. It’s allowed to be said on a QPR forum when discussing the game.

Very much this. I’m sure he’s a nice bloke and loves his mum but he almost never looks like a Championship midfielder and today was worse than average. Boro was sadly the exception to the rule.

The foul he got booked for was a really dangerous position and the miskick at the end was Sunday league. There was another total air shot on the edge of our box first half.

We desperately need him, a senior player, to step up. I fear the worst though.
Cousins on 20:13 - Dec 29 with 4002 viewsLazyFan

They will play Cousins until the end of the Jan window to try and offload him for whatever they can get for him.

If that does not work, then Mas will be back and he will be dropped as his contract runs out at the end of the year. At which point just before the window closes they may also hopefully bring Manning back. I wish they would, but I suspect some disappointment in that.

Also, two Rotherham players got sent off today so, Manning may be back in that team, hopefully for a few games to keep the fakes in the relegation zone.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Cousins on 20:31 - Dec 29 with 3917 viewsDejR_vu

He’s barely played for three years. He certainly hasn’t had a run of games. He looked rusty but I don’t think you can really judge him until he’s had a run of 15-20 games.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2018 20:37]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Cousins on 20:45 - Dec 29 with 3851 viewsWatford_Ranger

Cousins on 20:31 - Dec 29 by DejR_vu

He’s barely played for three years. He certainly hasn’t had a run of games. He looked rusty but I don’t think you can really judge him until he’s had a run of 15-20 games.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2018 20:37]

He’s played in 17 games this season somehow. I’d honestly have guessed it was more like six.

No player can honestly expect a run of games if they show no promise at all. Every time he comes in he looks poor and loses his place or gets injured. He’s 24 now- this is about as good as it will get.
Cousins on 20:47 - Dec 29 with 3838 viewstraininvain

Cousins on 20:13 - Dec 29 by LazyFan

They will play Cousins until the end of the Jan window to try and offload him for whatever they can get for him.

If that does not work, then Mas will be back and he will be dropped as his contract runs out at the end of the year. At which point just before the window closes they may also hopefully bring Manning back. I wish they would, but I suspect some disappointment in that.

Also, two Rotherham players got sent off today so, Manning may be back in that team, hopefully for a few games to keep the fakes in the relegation zone.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I’m surprised that people are confident that Manning can do a job for us when he can’t get in the Rotherham team.
Cousins on 20:55 - Dec 29 with 3795 viewsDejR_vu

Cousins on 20:45 - Dec 29 by Watford_Ranger

He’s played in 17 games this season somehow. I’d honestly have guessed it was more like six.

No player can honestly expect a run of games if they show no promise at all. Every time he comes in he looks poor and loses his place or gets injured. He’s 24 now- this is about as good as it will get.

He came in when Cameron got injured and did pretty well I thought. He then filled in at RB when Lynch was out and did well there as well I think. It meant a recall for Scowen who’s done well so he’s then dropped to the bench when Lynch came back. Today he was poor, but he’s been out a long time so he’s bound to take some time to get some consistency. He might turn out to be a turkey but, given his injuries, I think he needs a run of games before we’ll really know.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Cousins on 21:01 - Dec 29 with 3774 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Cousins on 20:55 - Dec 29 by DejR_vu

He came in when Cameron got injured and did pretty well I thought. He then filled in at RB when Lynch was out and did well there as well I think. It meant a recall for Scowen who’s done well so he’s then dropped to the bench when Lynch came back. Today he was poor, but he’s been out a long time so he’s bound to take some time to get some consistency. He might turn out to be a turkey but, given his injuries, I think he needs a run of games before we’ll really know.

Also considering he's 4th or arguably 5th choice if you count Hall (lol) in that position, it's a bit unfair to criticise him too much. Cameron had a number of poor games in that position imo before it started to click.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2018 21:02]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024