Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steven Gerrard Emerges As Favourite For Southampton Job 10:20 - May 12 with 1653 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/60223/steven-gerrard-eme

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Steven Gerrard Emerges As Favourite For Southampton Job on 11:51 - May 12 with 1548 viewssaints__fan__73

You do write some odd stuff Nick.

Spending money does not seem to fit in the Southampton Way that Sports Republic are keen to continue?!

They've spunked about £160m on mostly awful players this season! Spending money is not an issue. Spending it well is.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Steven Gerrard Emerges As Favourite For Southampton Job on 12:34 - May 12 with 1498 viewsdwayne_dibley

scouse failure, NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Steven Gerrard Emerges As Favourite For Southampton Job on 12:40 - May 12 with 1497 views1ASIN12

I would take Rooney he did wonders at Derby with no money.

Having very little money is something that the next Southampton manager will have deal with and try to build a squad with very little investment.

I’m not sure the Blackburn management would jump ship to us - Blackburn could be a good bet to once again be one of the clubs pushing for a play off place instead of mid table at best with us .
[Post edited 12 May 2023 12:42]
Steven Gerrard Emerges As Favourite For Southampton Job on 15:39 - May 12 with 1322 viewsA1079

Not sure about Gerrard but on a slightly different but not completely unrelated matter - I did see and hear that Milner and Henderson are available at the end of the season. I do think one of these would be invaluable as experience in a young team in the championship in much the same way as Mick Mills, Alan Ball and Jimmy Case to name a few were in the past.

Lawrie McMenemy had a great way of mixing experienced players in the later part of their career, by bringing them in and working and playing alongside younger players and being a steady hand in difficult games etc
Steven Gerrard Emerges As Favourite For Southampton Job on 17:12 - May 12 with 1253 viewskingslandstand1

Gut reaction to Gerrard is no as he failed at Villa, but then he did ok at Rangers but does that count? What does he know about the Championship?

As a name he may be able to bring some mates in but they'd probably be to up their own backsides to come down a division to a team in total disarray. Coutinio seemed a great initial purchase at Villa but then disappeared for instance

Can he bring the best out of any of the youngsters here that won't be going anywhere? Who knows? But if he's the same odds as Ruben or similar I'd take Stevie G any day!

Cant' see it happening though .....................
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024