Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oxford Thread 11:39 - Jul 29 with 44769 viewscolinallcars

I'll be watching on Recast….I can't go up the pub, I've hurt my calf.
I'm hoping GA will field the likely team to start at Watford and not completely change it for the second half.
Oxford Thread on 11:10 - Jul 30 with 2629 viewsDannyPaddox

A mate, after sitting through this game, needing light-relief went to watch Oppenheimer.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2023 11:12]
Oxford Thread on 13:04 - Jul 30 with 2366 viewskernowhoop

Oxford Thread on 10:16 - Jul 30 by Northernr

You couldn't really excuse anybody mate, but the most disappointing/alarming thing was just how poor, ineffective and disinterested the supposed big hitters in the team were.

I wonder how many of the big-hitters think that they will still be at QPR when the transfer window closes?

My old-fashioned way of thinking is that an impending move should mean that they want to impress when they are on display - even in a friendly. But, what if they already know - more or less - where they are going?

I also wonder what impact all this might have on the remaining players?
Oxford Thread on 13:12 - Jul 30 with 2330 viewsnomar

Oxford Thread on 20:43 - Jul 29 by SK_hoops

Yet Chair, Willock and Richards were all good first half at Wimbledon and seemed pretty up for it. Didn't watch the game, but doesn't sound like the case today...

They play when they want to.

But most of the time the whole team seems totally disinterested.

There are some bad teams out there, but they still field 11 players who try. They get beaten because other teams are better than them.

We get beat by teams who should have no business laying a glove on us because none of them can be bothered to even try.

We just seem to field 11 players who really don’t give a ****.
Oxford Thread on 13:20 - Jul 30 with 2269 viewsHoopsie

Oxford Thread on 13:04 - Jul 30 by kernowhoop

I wonder how many of the big-hitters think that they will still be at QPR when the transfer window closes?

My old-fashioned way of thinking is that an impending move should mean that they want to impress when they are on display - even in a friendly. But, what if they already know - more or less - where they are going?

Richards, for one, is going no where at the moment

If there is an impending move, the thinking is safety first - will not be in the game for a preseason friendly?

It is baffling how the Oxford game turned out when we didn’t see those signs (disinterested, no commitment etc) in the previous games, weaker opponent notwithstanding

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Oxford Thread on 13:24 - Jul 30 with 2245 viewsNortholt_Rs

Oxford Thread on 13:20 - Jul 30 by Hoopsie

Richards, for one, is going no where at the moment

If there is an impending move, the thinking is safety first - will not be in the game for a preseason friendly?

It is baffling how the Oxford game turned out when we didn’t see those signs (disinterested, no commitment etc) in the previous games, weaker opponent notwithstanding

I wasn’t expecting that mauling by a L1 side but our preseason performances and results have been pretty poor apart from beating Reading’s B side.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Oxford Thread on 14:15 - Jul 30 with 2136 viewsBklynRanger

Oxford Thread on 13:04 - Jul 30 by kernowhoop

I'd share that old fashioned way of thinking, but for some reason those players apparently don't. Maybe it's just different these days in terms of how moves happen, especially after a season like that?

Or do they just fcuking hate it so much with us that they'd rather risk a sideways move than getting injured and not being able to move at all?

Or, are we simply seeing massive prolonged drops in form, belief, commitment etc that would have happened regardless, which is how we ended up with these mutts in the first place? Too many questions not enough answers.
Oxford Thread on 07:30 - Jul 31 with 1759 viewsdavman

Oxford Thread on 19:31 - Jul 29 by Northernr

Let's just say I'd be absolutely amazed if he picked Drewe.

Well, why tf did he get a contract extension then? This f'in club....

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Oxford Thread on 07:39 - Jul 31 with 1736 viewsdavman

Oxford Thread on 22:25 - Jul 29 by RangersDave

The problem here, isn't and wont be Gareth.

The poor sod can only work with what he's got, and that is simply a feckless, couldnt give a shyte, lazy, bad attitude of a team.

I said last season when Gareth took over, that this team was crap, didnt want to play for the shirt etc, etc, and this season, unless a 'miracle on the Hudson' type miracle happens, we aint going to go far with this bunch of also rans.

Strong words i know, but no one that is in the team can kick ass! why? because nobody really cares..... and i mean nobody...... last season a player remonstrated with the crowd, and went all 'social' to tell the world what a great guy he was, and how he was trying etc...... look how that worked out.

G.A. is on a hiding to nothing and i cannot see the (apologies if your triggered by this) 'Cancer' going unless we off load literally everyone in that team.

God i hope i'm wrong, i really do, but the only one who will get a kicking will be Gareth, and he doesnt deserve it. He's playing the cards he's been dealt, but they are all 'Jokers'.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2023 22:27]

A complete overhaul was needed this summer - if it wasn't mailed down, we needed to get rid and start again, but we have ended up with the SAME players with the exception of a new goalkeeper. They have proven to be mentally soft specimens for two seasons on the trot and are not going to change now.

No matter how many times GA asks them to fight for each other when they can't fight for themselves, it will NOT work with this group.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Login to get fewer ads

Oxford Thread on 08:37 - Jul 31 with 1655 viewscpgerber

Finchy summarized the whole thing perfectly: “I don’t want to do anything and I want more money to do it.”

I see this attitude in all walks of life, not just overpaid footballers who don’t want to put in a stint for their club.
Oxford Thread on 08:43 - Jul 31 with 1627 viewsGloucs_R

Oxford Thread on 07:39 - Jul 31 by davman

A complete overhaul was needed this summer - if it wasn't mailed down, we needed to get rid and start again, but we have ended up with the SAME players with the exception of a new goalkeeper. They have proven to be mentally soft specimens for two seasons on the trot and are not going to change now.

No matter how many times GA asks them to fight for each other when they can't fight for themselves, it will NOT work with this group.

Until we sell chair and Willock, we are stuck

Poll: Are we staying up?

Oxford Thread on 06:32 - Aug 1 with 1291 viewsdistortR

Oxford Thread on 13:24 - Jul 30 by Northolt_Rs

I wasn’t expecting that mauling by a L1 side but our preseason performances and results have been pretty poor apart from beating Reading’s B side.

Hold on to the Reading result, mate!
(No subject) (n/t) on 13:42 - Aug 24 with 900 viewsRangersDave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Oxford Thread on 13:51 - Aug 24 with 830 viewsconnell10

5-0 Oxford I reckon.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024