Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
brooks 21:55 - Feb 20 with 608 viewssaint22

start him every game now
we need to win them all
best 11 only ahead
brooks on 22:17 - Feb 20 with 554 viewsPatfromPoole

We’re not going to finish in the top 2.

The bench is only strong when we start the game with dross on the pitch. That is beginning to tell.

Don’t book any holiday for mid to late May, peeps. We have a long season ahead.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

brooks on 22:18 - Feb 20 with 552 viewsA1079

The starting line up was odd saint22 given the win and performance on Friday but I think RM's approach is to start slow, have possession and hit later, so he keeps some of his best players on the bench to come on later. That seemed to work by and large during our unbeaten run but now some teams have found a way to stop us that tactic is now flawed and we need to start with our strongest team and hit early. If you look at Leeds they score quite early and rarely concede (I could be wrong, but I think Leeds have conceded only once since the new year). We are now relying on us getting back into another strong run and hoping Leeds hit a bit of poor form (I cannot see that at the moment). Also Ipswich seem to have overcome their wobble.

There is a long way to go still but we cannot afford any more nights or days like tonight and last Tuesday or we can forget automatic promotion. I don't really fancy the play-offs. Not that I have a problem with the championship.
brooks on 22:44 - Feb 20 with 494 viewsTimSaint

If you saw the recent Bristol City away game, you would realise why Brooks doesn't start.

TimSaint

brooks on 11:01 - Feb 21 with 297 viewsA1079

brooks on 22:44 - Feb 20 by TimSaint

If you saw the recent Bristol City away game, you would realise why Brooks doesn't start.

I didn't see it, at least not live Tim so I am not sure why Brooks would not have started but I presume from your comment that he started last week and did not produce the goods? But, then we did not produce the goods in the first half last night without him.

I think what the last few weeks have shown is that we have a good 11 when they are all available to play and on their game but when we tinker the team our quality in depth is thin and more vulnerable.

But, what do I know.......not alot really. How I feel about the season and the team and the championship is not marked by the couple of poorer results and performances because on the whole I have enjoyed it and if we are not good enough to go up, then we are not good enough. I would hate to go up anyway and just be making up the numbers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024