Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket Prices & Details 16:36 - May 10 with 8807 viewsChaffRAFC

Very reasonable price increase I think.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 17:06 - May 10 with 5281 viewsJames1980

Still excellent value.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 08:41 - May 11 with 4760 viewsDalenet

When you think about inflation over the past 4 years, a 15% increase this time around is still below inflation. Surprised that the Sandy Lane end is still so cheap - can't be many grounds in this league where a season ticket is just £200.

Note that these prices are for digital tickets. An additional £5 is added if you want a plastic card. I can see why the club want to migrate to digital where possible - but with mobile coverage awful at Spotland on the 02 network - I can see a challenge here. But we all have a choice and those that want a card can still get one.
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 11:30 - May 11 with 4569 viewsturnthescrew

Where is this new app that we need to download? Can't see anywhere to download it, even on the ticketing website, though the Dale badge is there.
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 12:54 - May 11 with 4462 viewswindowsbug2002

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 08:41 - May 11 by Dalenet

When you think about inflation over the past 4 years, a 15% increase this time around is still below inflation. Surprised that the Sandy Lane end is still so cheap - can't be many grounds in this league where a season ticket is just £200.

Note that these prices are for digital tickets. An additional £5 is added if you want a plastic card. I can see why the club want to migrate to digital where possible - but with mobile coverage awful at Spotland on the 02 network - I can see a challenge here. But we all have a choice and those that want a card can still get one.

Don't forget the extortionate postage charge too.
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 21:29 - May 11 with 4129 viewsRodingdale

If Dale played attacking football like Crawley - I would happily pay double for my season ticket. If only we had a player like Liam Kelly…
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 21:41 - May 11 with 4107 viewsJames1980

FFS After this week's news here come the negatives.
Have a look at the cost of recorded/signed for delivery.
And Creepy have had money spent, perhaps judge our team after we have had the chance to see the Ogden effect.

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 21:55 - May 11 with 4094 viewsRodingdale

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 21:41 - May 11 by James1980

FFS After this week's news here come the negatives.
Have a look at the cost of recorded/signed for delivery.
And Creepy have had money spent, perhaps judge our team after we have had the chance to see the Ogden effect.

They’ve just scored 8 in a play off James, that’s entertaining - nothing negative in what I said. I’m very pleased with the new owners as I’ve posted elsewhere. I do have reservations about McNulty as I’ve posted a lot because in my view he serves up poor football. Whether new ownership changes his approach we will have to see, but for me it’s not about spending money it’s about mindset. Our current manager says it’s about the performance not the result. I disagree with that and believe we would sell more season tickets if we played more entertaining football. Do you not agree?
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 22:42 - May 11 with 4018 viewsJames1980

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 21:55 - May 11 by Rodingdale

They’ve just scored 8 in a play off James, that’s entertaining - nothing negative in what I said. I’m very pleased with the new owners as I’ve posted elsewhere. I do have reservations about McNulty as I’ve posted a lot because in my view he serves up poor football. Whether new ownership changes his approach we will have to see, but for me it’s not about spending money it’s about mindset. Our current manager says it’s about the performance not the result. I disagree with that and believe we would sell more season tickets if we played more entertaining football. Do you not agree?

I was responding to the post about postage and yours.

But yes playing attacking football will be a breath of fresh air. Hopefully Jim was inspired watching Crawlaaay this evening
[Post edited 11 May 22:44]

Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 23:37 - May 11 with 3949 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 22:42 - May 11 by James1980

But yes playing attacking football will be a breath of fresh air. Hopefully Jim was inspired watching Crawlaaay this evening

He's probably watching Eurovision.
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 13:03 - May 12 with 3633 viewswindowsbug2002

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 22:42 - May 11 by James1980

That'll be the £3.05 it costs for a next day signed for letter.
And the club are adding £4
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 16:50 - May 12 with 3413 viewsJames1980

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 13:03 - May 12 by windowsbug2002

That'll be the £3.05 it costs for a next day signed for letter.
And the club are adding £4

Plus the cost of staff and stationery.

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 19:57 - May 12 with 3193 viewsTrev

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 16:50 - May 12 by James1980

Honestly James, not that I think we should be charging anything above nett cost for this, but staff time and an envelope probably equates to about 25p maximum.
[Post edited 12 May 19:59]
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 21:03 - May 12 with 3067 viewswindowsbug2002

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 16:50 - May 12 by James1980

It's not 4 quids worth.
Staff are being paid anyway.
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 08:46 - May 13 with 2781 viewsDalenet

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 21:03 - May 12 by windowsbug2002

It's not 4 quids worth.
Staff are being paid anyway.

To be fair, I fear that admin costs at the club are being "optimised" to ensure we are sustainable. The Ogdens statement did say more cost cutting has to come. The season ticket approach is all about streamlining costs and trying to move as many people as possible onto digital (no human intervention) systems. It is the way of the world.

Of course we could use the model favoured by so many non league clubs and seek volunteers that might help in the ticket office or elsewhere for periods of peak demand. We have already sought a volunteer for the shop.
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 08:50 - May 13 with 2767 viewsEllDale

I’m not so sure that it’s as simple as that.
There are things like GDPR to bear in mind and training on systems.
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 08:59 - May 13 with 2744 viewsDalenet

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 08:50 - May 13 by EllDale

I’m not so sure that it’s as simple as that.
There are things like GDPR to bear in mind and training on systems.

Of course volunteers need training on systems and processes. But once that is done they are a free resource. Lots of organisations take advantage of the generosity of the active 60-70 year olds. I work in a charity where we have 120 of them - and some work on admin roles, safeguarding etc. Just needs a bit of effort and a mindset change. Isn't that what Dale in the Community is about.
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 10:34 - May 13 with 2626 viewsDaleaholic

We have to be one of the most predictable fanbases in the country. Some of the replies on this thread prove it.

The club has to become sustainable, that means that we must make money where possible and where it previously didn't. Admin & postage costs are part of that. The sooner people understand there's a cost to certain processes, the better.

They're offering the best option in years - A MOBILE SEASON TICKET. You can't lose it. If you get a new phone, you can just login again and still have your season ticket there. If you want a physical season card then you have to pay for it - fully justified. There is a cost for materials, printing and processing etc.

The cost increase is less than I was expecting and hopefully others will be as pleasantly surprised as I was when reading the revised prices. It's fantastic value.

I do hope there's a big marketing campaign to follow these initial announcements to really encourage the floating fans that there's something good happening here now.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 11:09 - May 13 with 2579 viewsD_Alien

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 10:34 - May 13 by Daleaholic

We have to be one of the most predictable fanbases in the country. Some of the replies on this thread prove it.

The club has to become sustainable, that means that we must make money where possible and where it previously didn't. Admin & postage costs are part of that. The sooner people understand there's a cost to certain processes, the better.

They're offering the best option in years - A MOBILE SEASON TICKET. You can't lose it. If you get a new phone, you can just login again and still have your season ticket there. If you want a physical season card then you have to pay for it - fully justified. There is a cost for materials, printing and processing etc.

The cost increase is less than I was expecting and hopefully others will be as pleasantly surprised as I was when reading the revised prices. It's fantastic value.

I do hope there's a big marketing campaign to follow these initial announcements to really encourage the floating fans that there's something good happening here now.

That's exactly right

The newly-appointed commercial director will need to hit the ground running next month. The admirable way the Ogdens have gone about their business includes one feature not normally associated with commercial success: understatement

Let's face it... until just a few short weeks ago, no-one in the fanbase had heard of them! How many times did someone post on here, over the past few years "...if we had a multimillionaire waiting in the wings, they'd have come forward by now..." ? Turns out we had an even bigger fish than that. And, seemingly unknown despite the work of the Ogden Trust in local schools!! Are there no Dale fans with kids at those schools?

As i say, the understatement is admirable, especially involving charitable work. The commercial manager however, needs to be someone capable (when necessary) of shouting from the rooftops, in an engaging way of course, to gain traction within our entire community
[Post edited 13 May 12:32]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 15:14 - May 13 with 2276 viewsJames1980

Half term last week of May could be worth a marketing campaign to coincide with that.

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 17:32 - May 13 with 2108 viewswindowsbug2002

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 10:34 - May 13 by Daleaholic

There's no justification in marginalising those who don't have or want mobile devices.
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 17:41 - May 13 with 2093 viewsSuddenLad

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 17:32 - May 13 by windowsbug2002

There's no justification in marginalising those who don't have or want mobile devices.

Those without smart devices can still buy a season card in person or buy a ticket on a match-by-match basis. No-one is being marginalised. If they don't want smart devices, that's their own choice.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 17:47 - May 13 with 2083 viewsD_Alien

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 17:41 - May 13 by SuddenLad

Those without smart devices can still buy a season card in person or buy a ticket on a match-by-match basis. No-one is being marginalised. If they don't want smart devices, that's their own choice.

Not only that, but those without smartphones don't have the cost of buying/updating their devices, plus monthly payments for data

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 19:36 - May 13 with 1931 viewsTrev

The postage or printing costs won't affect me but I can see the issue and it's a small misstep by the club. Marketing is about perceived value, how much does the club expect to make from these charges and is it worth annoying paying customers for?

Build admin / printing costs into the product and this issue goes away.

Charge postage at cost when a loyal fan is potentially parting with £350 for a season ticket.

It's easy stuff.

Anyway, other than that the prices are excellent!
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 12:38 - May 14 with 1606 viewswatford_dale

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 19:36 - May 13 by Trev

The postage or printing costs won't affect me but I can see the issue and it's a small misstep by the club. Marketing is about perceived value, how much does the club expect to make from these charges and is it worth annoying paying customers for?

Build admin / printing costs into the product and this issue goes away.

Charge postage at cost when a loyal fan is potentially parting with £350 for a season ticket.

It's easy stuff.

Anyway, other than that the prices are excellent!

Agreed and if you want to get your matchday ticket from the ticket office there is now a £1 printing charge. This may impact the floaters who do not buy season ticket but are an essential revenue stream for the club and the price will go to £23 for non league football for Pearl St. That may be a sticking point for some.

Its like Michael O'leary from Ryanair has visited for the day to revise our pricing structures.
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 14:33 - May 14 with 1445 viewsDaleaholic

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 12:38 - May 14 by watford_dale

Agreed and if you want to get your matchday ticket from the ticket office there is now a £1 printing charge. This may impact the floaters who do not buy season ticket but are an essential revenue stream for the club and the price will go to £23 for non league football for Pearl St. That may be a sticking point for some.

Its like Michael O'leary from Ryanair has visited for the day to revise our pricing structures.

If you buy your ticket online, you have it sent by email. You can print it off yourself or can use your phone and scan it at the turnstile. Why do you need a physical ticket unless you want a souvenir? If you do want it as a souvenir, it's a quid.

I completely understand there are still fans who don't use technology or prefer a physical ticket but if you want that, be prepared to pay for it. It's not a new concept that's just appeared in 2024. As a club and more importantly as a fanbase, it's imperative that we embrace changes brought in and see the positives in them rather than immediately nit picking and referring back to the old 'This is how we've always done it' attitude.

Look where we are and just how close we came to not even having a club, yet you're moaning about £1 for a paper ticket, the £5 cost of a physical season card and a few quid for something being posted out.

If Michael O'Leary did visit, at least he'd make sure we'd be run sustainably!!! (What is trying to be achieved...)

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024