Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans all over the play offs 19:58 - May 17 with 1376 viewsonehunglow

Former players,manager .
Makes you think

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swans all over the play offs on 20:13 - May 17 with 1362 viewsmax936

Camera just scanned to Sunak sitting in the crowd grinning as usual.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swans all over the play offs on 20:16 - May 17 with 1362 viewsonehunglow

Swans all over the play offs on 20:13 - May 17 by max936

Camera just scanned to Sunak sitting in the crowd grinning as usual.

His dad took him though,which was the case fir most of us
He’s stuck with his club
Have to say I remember Shanks and his” Ale House Brawlers” jibe at Soton. A club I’ve never liked really ,as opposed to the Baggies and the Wolves

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swans all over the play offs on 20:55 - May 17 with 1301 viewsKeithHaynes

Maybe we should have kept him 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swans all over the play offs on 21:00 - May 17 with 1283 viewsraynor94

Who were the other 2 teams who wanted Russ last Summer?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swans all over the play offs on 21:30 - May 17 with 1252 viewsmax936

Swans all over the play offs on 21:00 - May 17 by raynor94

Who were the other 2 teams who wanted Russ last Summer?

Maesteg Park and Bryn Rovers I think

Swans all over the play offs on 21:44 - May 17 with 1232 viewsmax936

2-0 Saints now Armstrong with the 2nd, decent goal defender should have probably done better, Saints got a penalty now, Manning doing his dying fly routine, 3-0 now.

Swans all over the play offs on 21:51 - May 17 with 1212 viewsbuilthjack

Swans all over the play offs on 20:55 - May 17 by KeithHaynes

Maybe we should have kept him 😂

I always said it was a 3 year plan. See my posts from a few years ago.
I honestly think he would have taken us up this season.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swans all over the play offs on 22:13 - May 17 with 1181 viewsjackrmee

Swans all over the play offs on 21:51 - May 17 by builthjack

I always said it was a 3 year plan. See my posts from a few years ago.
I honestly think he would have taken us up this season.

With you there mate

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Login to get fewer ads

Swans all over the play offs on 23:12 - May 17 with 1130 viewsmax936

Swans all over the play offs on 22:13 - May 17 by jackrmee

With you there mate

He wouldn't have had the players he's got at Saints and he still had plenty of brain farts that's why he fluffed up going straight back up as one of the top two.

Watched Leeds last night and they were a cut above, hope they do it, even if it means having the Wife's nephew in my face

Swans all over the play offs on 23:19 - May 17 with 1127 viewsjackrmee

Swans all over the play offs on 23:12 - May 17 by max936

He wouldn't have had the players he's got at Saints and he still had plenty of brain farts that's why he fluffed up going straight back up as one of the top two.

Watched Leeds last night and they were a cut above, hope they do it, even if it means having the Wife's nephew in my face

You’re probably right. But if he had had the backing they gave Duff, it might have been different. Maybe not promotion this season, but it was definitely improving.
I’m always up for keeping a manager if they are moving forward. Wven if it’s one place per season.
If Williams did that and it took us another 12 years until we finish 2nd, I’ll be chuffed.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swans all over the play offs on 00:03 - May 18 with 1106 viewsmax936

Swans all over the play offs on 23:19 - May 17 by jackrmee

You’re probably right. But if he had had the backing they gave Duff, it might have been different. Maybe not promotion this season, but it was definitely improving.
I’m always up for keeping a manager if they are moving forward. Wven if it’s one place per season.
If Williams did that and it took us another 12 years until we finish 2nd, I’ll be chuffed.

Continuity is a massive plus, but we don't see much of that he football these days, especially in the championship, it might happen with Williams mind, because he might well get the backing that'll keep him interested even if its not exactly what he wants, which will probably be the case.

The added bonus for him is that his family are settled here, apparently, so who knows, I like him he's improved the team as he's gone along, we are more competitive now and improving, the draw at Norwich was impressive, the loss at home to Millwall was a kick in the gonads, but what's that saying about Rome not being built in a day?

Showing my age now

Swans all over the play offs on 08:49 - May 18 with 992 viewsvetchonian

you seem to have fotgotten that in his first season Martin was given Piroe Obafemi Patterson Walsh Natcham Flynn Downes Ethan Laird .....yet fokjs say he wasnt backed

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swans all over the play offs on 09:06 - May 18 with 983 viewspencoedjack

Swans all over the play offs on 23:19 - May 17 by jackrmee

Maybe if he hadn’t been so stubborn for half a season he would have taken us up when he had a decent squad (proved in the last 10 games of the season).

With the squad he has at Southampton should have gone up automatically.

C mon Leeds.

Banana ketchup of a manager & an utter parking meter as well.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swans all over the play offs on 10:01 - May 18 with 958 viewsRichardO

Swans all over the play offs on 08:49 - May 18 by vetchonian

you seem to have fotgotten that in his first season Martin was given Piroe Obafemi Patterson Walsh Natcham Flynn Downes Ethan Laird .....yet fokjs say he wasnt backed

Kid in a candy shop really didn't get to grips with how to use those players Square Pegs and Round holes springs to mind, didn't think you could play them all at the same time without a solid defensive setup which we didn't have, tried to address in Martin's second year got central defenders in but left central midfielder go.
[Post edited 18 May 11:43]
Swans all over the play offs on 10:48 - May 18 with 906 viewsKeithHaynes

Swans all over the play offs on 08:49 - May 18 by vetchonian

Never thought he wasn’t backed to an extent, but the club made several errors with O’Riley, that would have been a clincher. I still agree with Builthy, a third season would have been positive. But then the club did the same to Cooper after two seasons. Another had we kept him could and probably would have got us up.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swans all over the play offs on 11:52 - May 18 with 864 viewsRichardO

Swans all over the play offs on 10:48 - May 18 by KeithHaynes

Never thought he wasn’t backed to an extent, but the club made several errors with O’Riley, that would have been a clincher. I still agree with Builthy, a third season would have been positive. But then the club did the same to Cooper after two seasons. Another had we kept him could and probably would have got us up.

What with all those players looking to leave who upped their game at the end of Martin's second season to secure a number of win and contracts away from the Swans? Big what if for his third season same with Cooper.
Water under the bridge now.
In Williams we have to trust🙂
Swans all over the play offs on 13:02 - May 18 with 828 viewsSgorioFruit

just to put things in perspective, and to keep things on track...

Duff, Martin, Williams etc etc would not and will not take us up.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Swans all over the play offs on 23:00 - May 20 with 580 viewsjackrmee

Swans all over the play offs on 00:03 - May 18 by max936

Continuity is a massive plus, but we don't see much of that he football these days, especially in the championship, it might happen with Williams mind, because he might well get the backing that'll keep him interested even if its not exactly what he wants, which will probably be the case.

The added bonus for him is that his family are settled here, apparently, so who knows, I like him he's improved the team as he's gone along, we are more competitive now and improving, the draw at Norwich was impressive, the loss at home to Millwall was a kick in the gonads, but what's that saying about Rome not being built in a day?

Showing my age now

I like him too.
Continuity huge.
That Levy interview really did it for me.
Talk of alignment all through the club. Players taught exactly what the Swansea way is immediately when joining the club, whether they are 9 or 49. All sounds amazing.

Swans all over the play offs on 23:03 - May 20 with 580 viewsjackrmee

Swans all over the play offs on 13:02 - May 18 by SgorioFruit

just to put things in perspective, and to keep things on track...

Duff, Martin, Williams etc etc would not and will not take us up.

I 2/3 disagree with you there

Swans all over the play offs on 08:34 - May 21 with 527 viewsJumpingJackFlash

Personally, I remain convinced that Potter would have taken us up if he'd stayed for a second season.
Swans all over the play offs on 10:12 - May 21 with 465 viewsRichardO

Swans all over the play offs on 08:34 - May 21 by JumpingJackFlash

Personally, I remain convinced that Potter would have taken us up if he'd stayed for a second season.

He jumped ship at the first opportunity.
As for the question of continuity, a managers ability to bring players into the club with their contacts has mainly helped us in the past, they knew what they were getting and how to fit them into the team hence aiding in the continuity of how they want to play, maybe William's knows a couple of gems from the lower leagues available at a decent price.
Swans all over the play offs on 13:39 - May 21 with 408 viewsJumpingJackFlash

Swans all over the play offs on 10:12 - May 21 by RichardO

As for the question of continuity, a managers ability to bring players into the club with their contacts has mainly helped us in the past, they knew what they were getting and how to fit them into the team hence aiding in the continuity of how they want to play, maybe William's knows a couple of gems from the lower leagues available at a decent price.

Anyone would jump ship at the opportunity to manage in the Premier League, increase their profile and increase their wages very substantially.

Anyone.
Swans all over the play offs on 09:14 - May 22 with 263 viewsjackrmee

Swans all over the play offs on 10:12 - May 21 by RichardO

Personally, continuity is more about steadiness of the ship and the length of time a manager is able to breed his philosophy through the club, rather than the practicality of bringing in players..

With the talked about “alignment procedure” now being installed at the club during this summer, continuity may not be as important as it is now, as the whole club will be aligned in what it’s trying to do, and everyone will know what is “The Swansea Way”, as it will be isolated and taught throughout.

So new managers coming to this club, who will have their own philosophy, but will also have to fit in the the philosophy which is already running through the club.

So continuity in keeping our manager, which we have constantly struggled with since our relegation, will become continuity in our philosophy.

Those 3 interview videos of Marge, Williams and Levy, have been one of the most promising and exciting things I’ve heard from the club in a long long time

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024