Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grimes? 09:58 - Mar 26 with 2585 viewsdingdangblue

Is that the end for him at Dale. Really thought he might have a part to play in keeping us up when he was put back in the team after Colemans arrival. His goals v bury and Huddersfield were class but obviously something has gone on when he was subbed at ht v Tranmere for him not even to be in the squad against Brentford. Problems it seems with Widdowson and Adams too with them not featuring recently. In the position we are in we cant afford an unhappy camp - there are still 21 points to play for and some very winable games - but only if everyone is pulling in the same direction. Lets hope there are some clear the air talks before Saturday.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Grimes? on 10:02 - Mar 26 with 1838 viewselectricblue

Talent wise i hope not...
But attitude wise hes a ticking time bomb..
So its catch 22.

The question is in my eyes can JC bring out the player that we all know is capeable of scoring the goals to keep dale up..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Grimes? on 10:09 - Mar 26 with 1821 viewsNewbury_Dale

Not good enough at this level IMO. But he's scored goals at League 2 level before, so I hope he's retained.
Grimes? on 10:32 - Mar 26 with 1770 viewsSuddenLad

Grimes? on 10:09 - Mar 26 by Newbury_Dale

Not good enough at this level IMO. But he's scored goals at League 2 level before, so I hope he's retained.

Anyone who is a disruptive influence, then they can go elsewhere as far as I'm concerned. I don't care how good they are.

The one thing Keith Hill insisted on (and so should JC) is dressing room unity.

They need to BE a team, on AND off the field. Cliques, whingers and malcontents need to be shown the door. Only then will we have that 'team ethic' restored.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Grimes? on 10:38 - Mar 26 with 1760 viewsdingdangblue

Grimes? on 10:09 - Mar 26 by Newbury_Dale

He's scored more goals than anyone else in our squad this season - he should be playing.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Grimes? on 10:44 - Mar 26 with 1749 viewsmaybee

Might get slated for this, but my personal view is that Grimes has been one of the biggest let downs at Spotland for years.

He showed his petulant side as early as pre-season when he should have been sent off twice.

Since then, he's shown glimpses of being a very good player with a great ability to finish. Glimpses. Thats all. This makes it all the more annoying; knowing that somewhere there is a good player in there, but with far too many demons in his head, or far too selfish to be a team player....take your pick.

He has very often shown a petulant sulking nature more befitting of an 8 year old kid told off by his mum. He has hardly ever worked for the good of the team or for the Manager, and has shown dissent towards referees, teamates, coaching staff and THREE Managers.

Bad egg I'm afraid. We would be far better off with someone with less ability, more endeavour and a better attitude to authority.

My advice to him would be to watch the games that he's taken part in and ask himself if he could have done better or worked harder.
Grimes? on 11:05 - Mar 26 with 1708 viewsjudd

Grimes? on 10:44 - Mar 26 by maybee

Might get slated for this, but my personal view is that Grimes has been one of the biggest let downs at Spotland for years.

He showed his petulant side as early as pre-season when he should have been sent off twice.

Since then, he's shown glimpses of being a very good player with a great ability to finish. Glimpses. Thats all. This makes it all the more annoying; knowing that somewhere there is a good player in there, but with far too many demons in his head, or far too selfish to be a team player....take your pick.

He has very often shown a petulant sulking nature more befitting of an 8 year old kid told off by his mum. He has hardly ever worked for the good of the team or for the Manager, and has shown dissent towards referees, teamates, coaching staff and THREE Managers.

Bad egg I'm afraid. We would be far better off with someone with less ability, more endeavour and a better attitude to authority.

My advice to him would be to watch the games that he's taken part in and ask himself if he could have done better or worked harder.

Absolutely spot on.

The game against Orient sticks in mind from the number of quality crosses put into the box by the then in-form Adams, only for them not to be attacked by Grimes who insisted on inch perfect to feet supply and was not prepared to get in where it hurts.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Grimes? on 11:30 - Mar 26 with 1667 viewsD_Alien

In addition, there have been two occasions in the previous two home games where, at the TDS end, he's had the ball played to him in a goalscoring position only for him to delay whilst he adjusted his feet to make himself perfectly balanced - the ball was nicked off him both times

For a "proven" goalscorer, that's not quite good enough. He might get more time in L2 to adjust his feet, but in reality its his head that needs adjusting
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Grimes? on 11:33 - Mar 26 with 1663 viewsdingdangblue

All I know is I want us to stay up. Widdowson and Grimes should be in the team/matchday squad. Any behind the scenes grievances need to be sorted out quick before we go down without even a fight.

Login to get fewer ads

Grimes? on 12:10 - Mar 26 with 1610 viewsmaybee

Grimes? on 11:33 - Mar 26 by dingdangblue

All I know is I want us to stay up. Widdowson and Grimes should be in the team/matchday squad. Any behind the scenes grievances need to be sorted out quick before we go down without even a fight.

It's more of a general Grievance with life that Grimes seems to have.

Therefore; he isn't good enough. At least; not good enough to play for Dale. He may well fit in at a different club, but hasn't worked hard enough whilst here.

Just my own opinion though, and I can fully see why others rate him, because there IS a talented footballer lurking within.
Grimes? on 12:42 - Mar 26 with 1552 viewsdingdangblue

Grimes? on 12:10 - Mar 26 by maybee

It's more of a general Grievance with life that Grimes seems to have.

Therefore; he isn't good enough. At least; not good enough to play for Dale. He may well fit in at a different club, but hasn't worked hard enough whilst here.

Just my own opinion though, and I can fully see why others rate him, because there IS a talented footballer lurking within.

Take away the goals he's scored and we'd be down already. Take away his appearance off the bench at Hudds 2 weeks since and we'd be a point worse off. Even if Coleman has decided Grimes isnt in his plans for next season - not having him available NOW surely reduces our slim chances of staying up. If Coleman had decided before last thurs that Grimes wasnt featuring then he shouldve been replaced by someone better than a non league winger.

Grimes? on 12:44 - Mar 26 with 1545 viewsjudd

Grimes? on 12:42 - Mar 26 by dingdangblue

Take away the goals he's scored and we'd be down already. Take away his appearance off the bench at Hudds 2 weeks since and we'd be a point worse off. Even if Coleman has decided Grimes isnt in his plans for next season - not having him available NOW surely reduces our slim chances of staying up. If Coleman had decided before last thurs that Grimes wasnt featuring then he shouldve been replaced by someone better than a non league winger.

But you can't take away what he has, and more specifically, hasn't done.

Grimes? on 12:54 - Mar 26 with 1520 viewssandylaner1

we've put up with grimes petulance all season it would be stupid of us to not see it through to the end of the season with him, this issue needs to be resolved if we want any chance of staying up.

people our forgetting he's our top goalscorer and our biggest threat.

yes people have called him out about certain missed chances, but bloody hell JLAA has a much worse chance to goal ratio.

i don't think his attitude is a direct result of playing for rochdale football club, i just think its a characteristic of his personality which has seen at previous clubs and will be present when he moves on.

he has scored some important goals for us and that should not be disregarded by fans
Grimes? on 13:11 - Mar 26 with 1491 viewsdingdangblue

Grimes? on 12:54 - Mar 26 by sandylaner1

we've put up with grimes petulance all season it would be stupid of us to not see it through to the end of the season with him, this issue needs to be resolved if we want any chance of staying up.

people our forgetting he's our top goalscorer and our biggest threat.

yes people have called him out about certain missed chances, but bloody hell JLAA has a much worse chance to goal ratio.

i don't think his attitude is a direct result of playing for rochdale football club, i just think its a characteristic of his personality which has seen at previous clubs and will be present when he moves on.

he has scored some important goals for us and that should not be disregarded by fans

He got us a great point at Huddersfield. He started v Oldham and did nothing wrong. He started v Tranmere and didnt really do anything in the 45 mins he was on - but then neither did any of them. Obviously he wouldnt have been happy coming off at half time and i imagine words were said. The sad thing is a Symes/Grimes pairing was starting to get us goals and points.

Grimes? on 13:19 - Mar 26 with 1471 viewsjudd

Grimes? on 13:11 - Mar 26 by dingdangblue

He got us a great point at Huddersfield. He started v Oldham and did nothing wrong. He started v Tranmere and didnt really do anything in the 45 mins he was on - but then neither did any of them. Obviously he wouldnt have been happy coming off at half time and i imagine words were said. The sad thing is a Symes/Grimes pairing was starting to get us goals and points.

I think that partnership got us one goal in one game that merited one point.

Grimes? on 13:41 - Mar 26 with 1438 viewsdingdangblue

Grimes? on 13:19 - Mar 26 by judd

I think that partnership got us one goal in one game that merited one point.

The season we are having - thats prolific!

Grimes? on 13:53 - Mar 26 with 1415 viewsjudd

Grimes? on 13:41 - Mar 26 by dingdangblue

The season we are having - thats prolific!

That's a fair point.

Grimes? on 14:26 - Mar 26 with 1378 viewsSFD

13 goals in an awful team and not starting every game suggests he should be playing, but then again we prefer to play Jordan ahead of Widds so clearly have accepted relegation.
Grimes? on 16:16 - Mar 26 with 1289 viewsTomRAFC

grimes hit the back on the net for fun in league two with lincoln and he didn;t get a full season there either.

for the club to get rid of our only natural goalscorer would be criminal

we need to get him the consistent partner he has never had

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Grimes? on 16:23 - Mar 26 with 1274 views49thseason

Grimes? on 14:26 - Mar 26 by SFD

13 goals in an awful team and not starting every game suggests he should be playing, but then again we prefer to play Jordan ahead of Widds so clearly have accepted relegation.

His future will depend on Coleman's ability to find a winger who can cross a ball.
Grimes is an excellent finisher at close range and needs feeding with quality balls - He lights up when we get to the opposition penalty area, unfortunately this season we have been there all too rarely. I think he is also better with Tutte feeding him or a big striker knocking the ball down for him .The default pass from Jones and Kennedy is sideways, not much help when you have just made some space for yourself and no one noticed

I suspect that some of Coleman's selections have been a case of trying to sort out who goes and who can do a job. He obviously realises that staying up is almost impossible (even if its not politic to admit it). Ruling players in or out is a critical activity in readiness for next season and that includes deciding if the loans he has brought in have lived up to his expectations. My opinion is that a big clear out is on the cards.
Grimes? on 16:43 - Mar 26 with 1243 viewsD_Alien

Grimes? on 16:23 - Mar 26 by 49thseason

His future will depend on Coleman's ability to find a winger who can cross a ball.
Grimes is an excellent finisher at close range and needs feeding with quality balls - He lights up when we get to the opposition penalty area, unfortunately this season we have been there all too rarely. I think he is also better with Tutte feeding him or a big striker knocking the ball down for him .The default pass from Jones and Kennedy is sideways, not much help when you have just made some space for yourself and no one noticed

I suspect that some of Coleman's selections have been a case of trying to sort out who goes and who can do a job. He obviously realises that staying up is almost impossible (even if its not politic to admit it). Ruling players in or out is a critical activity in readiness for next season and that includes deciding if the loans he has brought in have lived up to his expectations. My opinion is that a big clear out is on the cards.

"My opinion is that a big clear out is on the cards."

He should be asking NorthernSou1 for advice

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Grimes? on 16:46 - Mar 26 with 1230 viewsdingdangblue

Id rather he experimented when we are down - as of yet we still have 21 points to fight for and 4 games v bottom 7 teams. Im expecting us to give those teams a game atleast. Back to basics. Coleman should remember the performance v bury when he took over and the players who gave him that performance.

Grimes? on 16:50 - Mar 26 with 1225 viewsColDale

Grimes is such an enigma. The lower level can only benefit him, and I reckon he'd have got as many goals if not more than Dagnall playing alongside Cog in the promotion season. To truly take advantage of him, we need to be camped deep in the opposition half. Playing the way we have this season, he comes across like a luxury player and if truth be told, there's no real place for him in the side until we play a traditional 4-4-2.

Grimes? on 16:53 - Mar 26 with 1218 viewsTalkingSutty

Grimes isnt playing for a reason, JC isnt the first manager not to include him in the team this season, the other two also saw fit not to select him. That tells me everything i need to know about this lad. They cant all be wrong.

You dont refuse to play your leading goalscorer for no reason, he wasnt even on the bench on Saturday. Some people are suggesting he can put two fingers up to everybody connected with the club (Lack of effort), disrespect anybody he wants, sulk and throw his toys out of the pram and then we should build the team around him.

The statement that he "lights up when we get to the opposition penaly area" is a insult. How many times have crosses flashed across the six yard box, only for nobody to be on hand to tap it into a empty net. Grimes would be the first out of the club if i was in charge. His whole body language stinks !!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Grimes? on 16:58 - Mar 26 with 1200 viewsreggie_rocket

Grimes should be in the starting 11 with Symes - see 2nd goal at Huddersfield. In one of our few attacks at Brentford Symes put a similar header in but JLAA not up to it. When we were all over Tranmere at start of 2nd half situation was crying out for Grimes to put it away. Win would have been great for confidence. Not blaming JC, he took a brave decision with the 2 subs (Adams and JLAA) and it livened things up but one of them with Grimes staying on would have been better.

Comments about preparing for next season in Lg 2 are very worrying. JC was given the job to do everything possible to keep us in Lg 1. Pick best 11 and best bench and make them play. Widdowson, Grimes should be in starting 11, and possibly Adams - who should be used from bench if not a starter.
I still believe that the best team available can keep us up.

Relegation will be a disaster from football and financial point of view. We know how difficult it is to get out of that division.

Anyone know if Darby is fit yet? Holness tried to get forward on Saturday but both fullbacks were 1950's vintage - cumbersome and almost incapable of crossing the half-way line. We need Darby and Widdowson v Walsall.
Grimes? on 17:22 - Mar 26 with 1165 viewsolympicdale

Next season is a big season for Grimes, if Coleman decides to retain him, give him a decent front man to work alongside and in L2 I think we will see the best of him. We know he has the ability, and that is something we will need, I am happy to put up with his petulant side etc as long as he is banging in the goals, however if he hasnt done anything by January then cut our loses, but I would like to see him retained for at least one more year.

Life is a game of fate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024