Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 in a row 11:57 - Feb 25 with 7309 viewsEltham_Ranger

I think we'll do it. Go on a run...beat Southampton, Sunderland, Villa, Fulham and Wigan!
5 in a row on 12:00 - Feb 25 with 6381 viewsJonDoeman

And I suppose the reason you think that, is you haven't seen us play recently?

It Is What It Is !!

5 in a row on 12:03 - Feb 25 with 6363 viewsJuzzie

We can't score goals and we ain't going to win games if we can't score.

We've scored three League goals this year, in 6 PL games.

I'd like to know where the goals will come from? Remy is our only chance as none of the others are out-and-out goal scorers.

5 in a row on 12:05 - Feb 25 with 6355 viewsbosh67

However unlikely it would be lovely. For me Southampton really is do or die. An unlikely win may start the roll, anything but it and I think we can look at that and the Norwich game and realise that's where time ran out.

Cup half full though, I really hope you're right. Hope is all we have at the moment so why not keep hoping.

Someone should show the Ray Jones video of his fantastic goal against Southampton to the team and hopefully that should motivate them. You would hope!

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

5 in a row on 12:08 - Feb 25 with 6328 viewsdaveB

agree with Bosh, Saturday is the key one, win that and anything is possible lose and it's all over. The smart money is on a defeat as we don't look good enough at the moment but if we were to nick a win then you could see us putting a run together on the back of that.
5 in a row on 12:13 - Feb 25 with 6302 viewsQPR1882

So far we have had 10 or so ' this is the important one ' games
5 in a row on 12:15 - Feb 25 with 6293 viewsTacticalR

5 in a row on 12:13 - Feb 25 by QPR1882

A must-win game?

Air hostess clique

5 in a row on 12:25 - Feb 25 with 6254 viewsJuzzie

Early in the season Mark Hughes kept saying that as we've had our bad run, others will too. Sorry, but I don't recall there being a stipulation that EVERY club must go on a bad run.

Ditto with the reverse.

If we 'think' we're just suddenly going to pull 4 or 5 wins out of the hat then it ain't going to happen. Yes, it can happen but constant references to clubs doing it in the past does not autoimatically mean we will too.

The players need to MAKE it happen it that has not happened at all all season, apart from just 2 occasions.

Of course I want it to happen and will be chufed to bits if it does but it's not just a case of easy-peasy. If we could win games, how comes we've been unable to do it for 90% of the season so far?

It's like when people saye "we should sell this player, we should sell that player". In order to sell a player, there needs to have a buyer, you can't just sell a player and even if you knock 90% off the price, any buying club may offer much lower wages so the player will simply refuse to go and see out his contract.

5 in a row on 15:35 - Feb 25 with 6110 viewsblacky200

We've got winable games coming up now but the problem is we haven't really shown that we are capable of winning them. I am probably going to be hammered now for being a pessimist but I can't see us getting more than a couple of wins.
Login to get fewer ads

5 in a row on 15:37 - Feb 25 with 6106 viewsWokingR

5 in a row on 12:15 - Feb 25 by TacticalR

A must-win game?

Can't believe Clive hasn't bitten yet
5 in a row on 15:42 - Feb 25 with 6096 viewsthemodfather

5 in a row on 15:37 - Feb 25 by WokingR

who's gonna score?
we score goals, we can win ..yes
without goals..never, nay,no
relying on the injured zamora is sad
remy..well who knows, just when we need him...ouch, another few weeks away
adel has no option but to try 25 yard weak efforts in the hope one goes in.
5 in a row on 15:43 - Feb 25 with 6092 viewswood_hoop

5 in a row on 15:37 - Feb 25 by WokingR

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/tables

A few clues here as to why maybe he might soon...........
5 in a row on 15:45 - Feb 25 with 6085 viewsHollowayRanger

what you think we'll lose 5 in a row

we arent that bad surely we'll pick up at least a couple of draws!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

5 in a row on 15:50 - Feb 25 with 6075 viewsTW_R

Is this the same Southampton who, in their last home game, outplayed and beat Man City 3-1?
5 in a row on 15:56 - Feb 25 with 6040 viewsLblock

5 in a row on 15:35 - Feb 25 by blacky200

We've got winable games coming up now but the problem is we haven't really shown that we are capable of winning them. I am probably going to be hammered now for being a pessimist but I can't see us getting more than a couple of wins.

But ALL games are winnable.

You need a combination of fitness, attitude, skill, tactics, luck and not to be playing against Fergie & the ref club.

We've simply been unable to craft any of those combinations together for more than two occassions this season and only a few last.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

5 in a row on 16:07 - Feb 25 with 6014 viewsEltham_Ranger

I was actually typing it to make myself believe it but every Sunday and Monday I'm sure we're relegated and by thursday I just cannot shake the hope that this weekend it'll change. 3000+ Rangers fans on the booze on the coast, 2 strikers up top, nothing to lose attitude.

One thing is for certain if we all give then our players will too.

I'm not giving up and neither should anyone else. I expect Rangers to pull us out of it. Just imagine how good this years celebrations are going to be WHEN we do stay up. Better than the last 2 seasons i would have thought!

I have faith it'll be better....

But what do we all agree on? It's the hope that really kills!
5 in a row on 16:13 - Feb 25 with 5992 viewsEltham_Ranger

I'm booking myself for a party in Scouse land on the 19th May. I believe we'll be celebrating achieving just as much as them. Qualification for the 2nd round of the league cup, 3rd round of the fa cup and premier league!
5 in a row on 16:19 - Feb 25 with 5977 viewsdaveB

5 in a row on 15:50 - Feb 25 by TW_R

Is this the same Southampton who, in their last home game, outplayed and beat Man City 3-1?

yeah the same one but lets not make them into world beaters, they are a decent side who will be favourites to beat us and probably should beat us but this isn't Man Utd away, we do stand a chance if the tactics are right and the players play with the right attitude we can win this one. I don't think we will but it's not impossible.
5 in a row on 16:24 - Feb 25 with 5967 viewssimmo

I dont

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

5 in a row on 16:25 - Feb 25 with 5964 viewsballbag

Fck it, I'm with you Eltham!

Why stop there though...Everton, Stoke and Reading are there for the taking.

8 games in a row anyone?

We'll be safe with 3 games to spare!
5 in a row on 16:50 - Feb 25 with 5919 viewsPinnerPaul

5 in a row on 12:13 - Feb 25 by QPR1882

I was thinking I've read that more like 20 times this season!
5 in a row on 16:54 - Feb 25 with 5903 viewsdaveB

5 in a row on 16:50 - Feb 25 by PinnerPaul

I was thinking I've read that more like 20 times this season!

we have and most of those haven't been that important, I think this next one is the key one to set the tone for the final 10 games, lose and I can't see anyone believing we have a chance, win a us handful of maniacs who still think it might happen will have a very thin straw to grasp onto
5 in a row on 17:00 - Feb 25 with 5895 viewsTW_R

5 in a row on 16:19 - Feb 25 by daveB

yeah the same one but lets not make them into world beaters, they are a decent side who will be favourites to beat us and probably should beat us but this isn't Man Utd away, we do stand a chance if the tactics are right and the players play with the right attitude we can win this one. I don't think we will but it's not impossible.

Not making them into world beaters, but they ripped us a good 'un at our place, they play decent football and score goals.

Anything is possible, as proved at Chelsea, so you never know.
5 in a row on 17:05 - Feb 25 with 5890 viewsMonahoop

5 in a row on 15:35 - Feb 25 by blacky200

I think the same now. Won't get more than two or three wins if lucky. Just ride out this dreadful season. Don't think the club will surpass 30 points. Something in the darkest cavernous part of my cranium says the club can survive, of course it can, but most of me just says we're pooped and not fit for purpose at this level anymore.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

5 in a row on 22:47 - Feb 25 with 5778 viewsWanderR

Flying back for this one.

The whole 'must win' thing is a running joke on here thanks to it being completely debased as a phrase when posts start referring to a game in mid November as a 'must win'. It has of course been covered by Clive previously.

So with my tin hat firmly strapped on I will simply say that if we don't win on Saturday then we're down. The maths will take a few more games to catch up, but the task of gaining the necessary points against the teams we face in the remaining games we have becomes insurmountable. We would have simply dropped too far behind.

Current location: OX10

5 in a row on 08:38 - Feb 26 with 5683 viewsPhilmyRs

A draw is potentially not the worst result, lose and I will be fearing for us due to confidence and remaining at least 7 points off. 6 points off with Sunderland at home is not the worst outcome
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024