Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FFS SWP 16:04 - May 29 with 4129 viewsDieByYourSide

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-qpr/2013/05/29/wright-phillips-vows-to-s

''He's very happy at QPR'' - I bloody bet he is...

Poll: And it's hi ho

FFS SWP on 16:06 - May 29 with 3100 viewskingsburyR

I think he'll do a decent job for us in the Championship.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

FFS SWP on 16:08 - May 29 with 3069 viewsQPRDave

Reckon he'll do well next year, his game picked up under Harry this year........anyway he got the winner chavsea
FFS SWP on 16:09 - May 29 with 3062 viewsBklynRanger

FFS SWP on 16:06 - May 29 by kingsburyR

Me too - I think his true nature will get the chance to come through for the first time - excellent in the Championship, not really good enough for the Premier League.

IF he stays fit he could have quite an enjoyable year.
FFS SWP on 16:11 - May 29 with 3048 viewsJonDoeman

Unflushable 💩

It Is What It Is !!

FFS SWP on 16:14 - May 29 with 3029 viewsMetallica_Hoop

At least he puts some effort in when he plays. I'm hoping he surprises me if he stays.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

FFS SWP on 16:15 - May 29 with 3023 viewsraskolnikov

Puts in a shift and may find the Championship just what he, and we, need. Is the sort of player who could actually help the younger crew. He said hopefully.

May be a strange suggestion but would he benefit from dropping into a CM role?
FFS SWP on 16:18 - May 29 with 2994 viewskingsburyR

FFS SWP on 16:15 - May 29 by raskolnikov

Puts in a shift and may find the Championship just what he, and we, need. Is the sort of player who could actually help the younger crew. He said hopefully.

May be a strange suggestion but would he benefit from dropping into a CM role?

Lets not get carried away now.

Can do a job: Yes

Can be a centre midfielder: Highly unlikely!

Championship is full of big lumps who would kick him off the park.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

FFS SWP on 16:34 - May 29 with 2928 viewsdaveB

unless he has learnt to cross a ball or shoot in the last 4 months since he last played then I would suggest he'll be crap next season
Login to get fewer ads

FFS SWP on 16:58 - May 29 with 2827 viewsrunningman75

I have seen worse players do well in the Championship. I hope he stays and does well.
FFS SWP on 16:59 - May 29 with 2813 viewsTW_R

FFS SWP on 16:34 - May 29 by daveB

unless he has learnt to cross a ball or shoot in the last 4 months since he last played then I would suggest he'll be crap next season

Well, to be fair, his shot at Chelsea wasn't too bad!
FFS SWP on 17:01 - May 29 with 2800 viewsdaveB

FFS SWP on 16:59 - May 29 by TW_R

Well, to be fair, his shot at Chelsea wasn't too bad!

One on target out of 178 isn't the best though
FFS SWP on 17:05 - May 29 with 2791 viewsJuzzie

FFS SWP on 17:01 - May 29 by daveB

One on target out of 178 isn't the best though

.... and he had a poor game on the whole v Chelsea. Great goal as it was doesn't make up for him being not as good as he used to be.

As others have said, his crosses and passing need to improve a lot. An awful lot.

edit: oh, and he never celebrated either. It wasn't as though he came to QPR from Chelsea a few months earlier so no need for all that "gotta respec' my previous club" bollox. Celebrate like it's 1999 ffs!

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
FFS SWP on 17:34 - May 29 with 2711 viewsingeminate

FFS SWP on 16:14 - May 29 by Metallica_Hoop

At least he puts some effort in when he plays. I'm hoping he surprises me if he stays.

That's the thing with SWP, as useless as he generally has been at least he tends to runaround a fair bit. So marginally elevating himself above the equally useless but lazier.

owards the end of the season he'd even started taking on a player here and there too.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

FFS SWP on 17:39 - May 29 with 2685 viewsted_hendrix

He starts with a clean slate as far as I'm concerned, I'm happy that he's staying and I think he'll be an asset in the Championship, lets get behind the bloke.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

FFS SWP on 17:49 - May 29 with 2646 viewswestolian

He's sh1te

But he's our sh1te

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

FFS SWP on 18:33 - May 29 with 2557 viewscheeseydane

FFS SWP on 17:39 - May 29 by ted_hendrix

He starts with a clean slate as far as I'm concerned, I'm happy that he's staying and I think he'll be an asset in the Championship, lets get behind the bloke.

This.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

FFS SWP on 18:44 - May 29 with 2525 viewsRANGERS4EVER

I remember vs Sunderland at 2-1 he came on, and he won a corner, and it got passed to him and he did this amazing turn which ultimately ended in Jenas scoring, it was quality!

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

FFS SWP on 18:57 - May 29 with 2493 viewsHollowayRanger

i think he'll do well

lets be fair he gives100% and is a trier and in championship he wont be up against the best fullbacks and will get fouled a lot more

if we just had a decent freekick taker!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

FFS SWP on 18:59 - May 29 with 2487 viewsstevenagehoop

Is a confidence player and had little of it for most of this season. However he doesn't' hide and puts in a shift doing a defensive role which many wingers don't. If some of the other so called stars had had his attitude we may have saved ourselves from the drop.
I think he will be an asset in the championship as long as he doesn't have the whole of W12 on his back from day 1 of the new season.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

FFS SWP on 19:06 - May 29 with 2469 viewsqueensparker

FFS SWP on 17:39 - May 29 by ted_hendrix

Agreed. We moaned about him until he got injured but in retrospect he showed passion and effort, if not ability or brain. And he was responsible for the moment of the season.

Think he'll be good next year. And glad to hear at least one person in the whole club apart from Fernandes being positive
FFS SWP on 19:36 - May 29 with 2405 viewsthame_hoops

I've given up predicting anything to do with swp
FFS SWP on 19:43 - May 29 with 2379 viewsDylanP

FFS SWP on 16:06 - May 29 by kingsburyR

How?

The guy can't pass, he can't cross, and he can't shoot straight. So how is he going to be any more effective in the Championship than he was in the Prem?

He is fast and he tries really hard. And after watching some of the prima donas in our midfield this year, I appreciate the effort. But in the final analysis, what we have seen of him over the last two years, he just isn't a very good player any more and he isn't going to suddenly get better and doing the basics just because the standard of the opposition goes down.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

FFS SWP on 20:08 - May 29 with 2326 viewsTGRRRSSS

Many have loooked world beaters at Champ Level but not up to it at PL level. SWP did once do it at PL, he could do well next season.
FFS SWP on 20:27 - May 29 with 2284 viewsMattnme

Yes he will still hit bad crossses, passes etc but purely and simply because he will have more time, space and opportunity I think his end product will improve. Remember others have looked great until they step up a level, he's doing the reverse so it should help.
FFS SWP on 21:05 - May 29 with 2218 viewsbosh67

At least the lad will play hard when he comes back. At that level he should shine to be honest.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024