Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The hysterical over reaction to a defeat 10:57 - Mar 16 with 9405 viewsswancity

Is laughable.

Suddenly, following the narrowest of defeats, an unlucky one at that, the players are heartless, gutless, clueless, the manager doesn't know what he is doing, the chairman is interfering too much and the tea lady isn't doing her job properly.

We played quite well in the first half yesterday and were undone by two moments of quality from sessegnon and mulumbu was it? It was a game of few chances, may be quite even and certainly neither keeper was involved too often. A draw would have been a fair result but football doesn't work like that. We certainly delivered over 30 crosses into their defensive area and on another day would have been clear by half time.

We will bounce back. The concern of course is that one point from the two home games v palace and Albion has meant that we are in trouble. So are 10 other clubs.

For 11 seasons we have been used to winning and progressing. It's now a case of steadying the ship and steady it we will. It's not a time for hysteria. And neither is it justified.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 11:11 - Mar 16 with 4143 viewsicecoldjack

Yeah, played well first half , unfortunatly the game lasts for 90-94 mins .

Forget the window dressing this was as piss poor as it gets for me, every single Jack in the whole world knew how fookin' important the last 2 games were and we fooked it right up .

Blame ? well,take your choice really. Monk is clueless,the board were clueless in appointing him, the players and in particular our captain were short in giving the required effort and professionalism.

Surely if we cant beat 2 crap teams like Palace and WBA, and lets be honest they were crap, then do we then expect to be going to Everton and Arsenal to get those points there instead ?

No point in painting positive just for the sake of it we are right in the mire and its looking like a free fall to relegation for me.

Laudrup got stick for not competing with the big teams(that was a joke in itself) but at least he could beat the lower teams, monk cant do either! with almost a fully fit squad of players,a luxury that Laudrup didnt have but got saced for !!

The main question should really be why sack a decent manager and have no experienced replacement? do we as a club think so short term we react in desperation and employ a player to manage in the premier league on our behalf in the middle of a relegation battle ?

That is muppetry of the highest order and it now looks like we will pay the ultimate price.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2014 11:12]
The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 11:12 - Mar 16 with 4142 viewsChief

I don't think you appreciate the seriousness of the situation we are in.

"two moments of quality"

This is very worrying, WBA didn't display 2 moments of quality all game and we still succumbed. the 1st goal came as a result of someone shitting out of a tackle in midfield (one of many yesterday) and the 2nd was a glorified backpass that Vorm should never have let in

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 11:18 - Mar 16 with 4105 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 11:12 - Mar 16 by Chief

I don't think you appreciate the seriousness of the situation we are in.

"two moments of quality"

This is very worrying, WBA didn't display 2 moments of quality all game and we still succumbed. the 1st goal came as a result of someone shitting out of a tackle in midfield (one of many yesterday) and the 2nd was a glorified backpass that Vorm should never have let in

Yep. For the second goal Mulumbu robbed Michu and ran straight to the edge of the area and shot whilst players were backing off him and virtually invited him to shoot (one of whom was Leon). There wasn't that much power in it but Vorm just watched it trickle on by into the corner of the net.
For what it's worth I think we may play better away from home for the remainder of the season.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 11:18 - Mar 16 with 4105 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 11:11 - Mar 16 by icecoldjack

Forget the window dressing this was as piss poor as it gets for me, every single Jack in the whole world knew how fookin' important the last 2 games were and we fooked it right up .

Blame ? well,take your choice really. Monk is clueless,the board were clueless in appointing him, the players and in particular our captain were short in giving the required effort and professionalism.

Surely if we cant beat 2 crap teams like Palace and WBA, and lets be honest they were crap, then do we then expect to be going to Everton and Arsenal to get those points there instead ?

No point in painting positive just for the sake of it we are right in the mire and its looking like a free fall to relegation for me.

Laudrup got stick for not competing with the big teams(that was a joke in itself) but at least he could beat the lower teams, monk cant do either! with almost a fully fit squad of players,a luxury that Laudrup didnt have but got saced for !!

The main question should really be why sack a decent manager and have no experienced replacement? do we as a club think so short term we react in desperation and employ a player to manage in the premier league on our behalf in the middle of a relegation battle ?

That is muppetry of the highest order and it now looks like we will pay the ultimate price.

What a top team like West Ham?
The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 11:20 - Mar 16 with 4090 viewsSpratty

LOL lost me on the first line

Shame WWI is over you would be perfect giving that little speech to paint that rosy glow before the poor lads went over the top to almost certain death.

By all means concentrate on what is positive but lets not pretend that night is day especially when playing one of the hitherto "unluckiest" teams in the PL.
The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 11:23 - Mar 16 with 4055 viewsicecoldjack

The Hysterical head in the sand over reaction to the truth is perhaps a better name for this thread.

I understand your logic in trying to be positive, it is very admirable but right now im still feeling the hurt and also the harsh reality that our board have fooked us right up here!

Its touch and go if we stay up now, that is the harsh reality. Tlking about how we were unlucky bla bla bla is fine but unless us fans start asking the hard questions we really will sleep walk to relegation !!

Sorry for my negative views fella im just still in dis belief that people running our multi million pound buisness/football club think that the best way to save us was
1. sign emnes and n gog.
2. sack the manager regardless of him being prepared to work with another coach.
3. Employ a player to be manager even though he has zero experience and almost no coaching knowledge.
The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 11:24 - Mar 16 with 4050 viewsscottishjack

I wasn't at the game, haven't seen the highlights so I shouldn't really comment, but do West Brom deserve any credit from yesterday?

I just remember how annoyed we used to get when we didn't get the credit we deserved...
The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 11:26 - Mar 16 with 4031 viewsMrSwerve

It certainly wasnt an unlucky defeat, that is the worrying thing. Everyone is saying we will be fine, and I hope we will be, but we looked like a relegation quality team yesterday...and I hate saying that.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Login to get fewer ads

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 11:26 - Mar 16 with 4031 viewsicecoldjack

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 11:18 - Mar 16 by A_Fans_Dad

When was the last time we beat them at their place then ?

And where are they in the league right now ?
The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 11:27 - Mar 16 with 4014 viewsicecoldjack

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 11:24 - Mar 16 by scottishjack

I wasn't at the game, haven't seen the highlights so I shouldn't really comment, but do West Brom deserve any credit from yesterday?

I just remember how annoyed we used to get when we didn't get the credit we deserved...

No. we were masters of our own downfall yet again IMO.

Once the second half starts and tactical adjustments are made Monk is fooked,not his fault but thats the way it is.

I try to be balanced about the opposition and of course they deserved the win because they scored more goals but we were also awful and helped them along the way .

Its quite tragic that for some reason we have gone from being a solid team with a few teething problems to being totally toothless and dis interested.

Huw and the board thought they were being clever cnts by doing another martinez type appointment,problem is its the fookin premier league not L1 and all involved in that decision have made themselves look right a- holes in putting Monk in charge while paying £4m to Laudrup for the pleasure of doing it.

Very high levels of muppetry im afraid to say.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2014 11:35]
The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 11:30 - Mar 16 with 3991 viewsinspector

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 11:24 - Mar 16 by scottishjack

honestly, they came out fired up in the second half, had a massive spring in their step, and we just didn't get out of second gear. they didn't really create many clear-cut chances though, just like palace.
The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 11:31 - Mar 16 with 3986 viewsLiberty

Its more a reacton to -

1 win in last 8 matches.

Last 3 home league matches, all against teams below us in league has produced 1 win.

Theres more, but thats enough for now.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 11:34 - Mar 16 with 3969 viewsWarwickHunt

Laughable? Aye, I'm p*ssing myself.

Take your head out of your arse.
The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 11:43 - Mar 16 with 3928 viewsLiberty

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 11:34 - Mar 16 by WarwickHunt

Laughable? Aye, I'm p*ssing myself.

Take your head out of your arse.

Is that directed at op ?

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 11:44 - Mar 16 with 3925 viewsStanners

A loss is a loss

Wether it's 2-1 or 4-0 it's a loss

Yesterday there can be no excuses

WBA had a few players out with injury and our players had a much needed rest so we were nice and fresh but yet again we blew a great chance

If you're happy with a point from 2 home games against Palace & WBA then fair enough but don't come moaning if we end up getting relegated because of it
The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 11:48 - Mar 16 with 3902 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 11:44 - Mar 16 by Stanners

A loss is a loss

WBA had a few players out with injury and our players had a much needed rest so we were nice and fresh but yet again we blew a great chance

If you're happy with a point from 2 home games against Palace & WBA then fair enough but don't come moaning if we end up getting relegated because of it

Hats off to our players. They saved Pepe Mel's job yesterday and gave hope to a team with one win in 18

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 11:48 - Mar 16 with 3898 viewsStanners

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 11:18 - Mar 16 by A_Fans_Dad

Init

Under ML we failed to beat West Ham, Hull, Cardiff, Stoke, Norwich, Villa

Hardly world beaters IMO
The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 11:59 - Mar 16 with 3842 viewsWarwickHunt

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 11:43 - Mar 16 by Liberty

Is that directed at op ?

Yes. The clue is there...

Unfortunately it still isn't possible to quote the OP.
The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 12:01 - Mar 16 with 3832 viewsswancity

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 11:44 - Mar 16 by Stanners

A loss is a loss

But that is certainly not the case. It was a narrow defeat and an unlucky one. A draw would have been fair.

It was a very disappointing second half but this is probably the best and most competitive league in world football. We still have a good chance to stay in the league. It's in our hands but the Norwich villa and Sunderland games are of course vital. I still think we need another 8 points. We should get them.

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 12:01 - Mar 16 with 3826 viewsMrSwerve

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 11:48 - Mar 16 by Stanners

Init

Hardly world beaters IMO

Maybe that is just our level? Maybe we arent a top ten side...

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 12:05 - Mar 16 with 3809 viewsDull1Thomas

" following the narrowest of defeats, an unlucky one at that"

Were we hammered - from 20 minutes in we looked shaky by the end we were holding on for a narrow defeat.

Whatever the reaction let's not delude ourselves into thinking we deserved anything out of that.
WBA - well done a much better team on the day.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 12:07 - Mar 16 with 3804 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Init

Hardly world beaters IMO

We did beat West Brom, Palace, Sunderland, Fulham, Newcastle and Fulham again.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 12:10 - Mar 16 with 3797 viewsLiberty

Init

Hardly world beaters IMO

We did beat both Palace and West Brom away from home this season.

Could go on all day about individual matches.

Basically, for whatever reason results have been disappointing, even gone backwards in recent months.

One win will lift the gloom, her's hoping we can turn it round.

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 12:13 - Mar 16 with 3783 viewsswancity

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 12:05 - Mar 16 by Dull1Thomas

" following the narrowest of defeats, an unlucky one at that"

Were we hammered - from 20 minutes in we looked shaky by the end we were holding on for a narrow defeat.

Whatever the reaction let's not delude ourselves into thinking we deserved anything out of that.
WBA - well done a much better team on the day.

But they were not.

Vorm was hardly troubled. Neither was their keeper apart from his good save to deny Bony.

We deserved a point but it wasn't to be.

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 12:13 - Mar 16 with 3782 viewscostalotta

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 11:11 - Mar 16 by icecoldjack

This
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024