Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did Anyone Hear.. 09:09 - Jun 17 with 4864 viewsDiscodroids

Me and Jo on XFM radio this morning around 8 am?

'the answers pulp , john'

for some reason i shouted out 'gerry francis blue and white army ' , and the presenter john holmes , being the wag he is , ignored it .

still he gave us a grand.
which was nice.

next stop..easy listening drive time show playing andrew gold , level 42 and rush records for white van drivers
[Post edited 17 Jun 2015 9:12]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Did Anyone Hear.. on 12:41 - Jun 17 with 3901 viewsSonofNorfolt

Since when have Rush been easy listening?
Belittle one of the world's greatest bands at your peril.
Did Anyone Hear.. on 12:49 - Jun 17 with 3874 viewsTheBlob

Lend us a tenner.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Did Anyone Hear.. on 13:11 - Jun 17 with 3812 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Many Years ago I got Shaun Keaveny (sp) to play Rainbow 'I Surrender' on 'This day in history' when he was on Xfm as it was the anniversary of the 6th Army surrendering at Stalingrad.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Did Anyone Hear.. on 14:31 - Jun 17 with 3701 viewsDiscodroids

Did Anyone Hear.. on 12:41 - Jun 17 by SonofNorfolt

i was thinking more of drive time 'spirit of radio' type affair.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Did Anyone Hear.. on 15:20 - Jun 17 with 3658 viewsDiscodroids

need a new lap top as the one ive got is shagged out. ..

just need one that is almost exclusively used for the internet and some wifi speakers for it so i can listen to you tube when ive had a few in the garden.

i havent got a clue when it comes to this so, if anyones got some advice on what to buy for around £500/600 all in , a couple of pints in the springbok would be the least i could do.

Did Anyone Hear.. on 16:15 - Jun 17 with 3620 viewsWilloW4

Did Anyone Hear.. on 12:41 - Jun 17 by SonofNorfolt

'Belittle one of the worlds greatest bands'.... Each to their own and all that mate but...Rush?!?!. Greatest bands?!?.
Did Anyone Hear.. on 17:41 - Jun 17 with 3536 viewsFredManRave

Did Anyone Hear.. on 15:20 - Jun 17 by Discodroids

just need one that is almost exclusively used for the internet and some wifi speakers for it so i can listen to you tube when ive had a few in the garden.

i havent got a clue when it comes to this so, if anyones got some advice on what to buy for around £500/600 all in , a couple of pints in the springbok would be the least i could do.

Wot no Nobbys Nuts?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Did Anyone Hear.. on 18:11 - Jun 17 with 3504 viewsSonofNorfolt

Did Anyone Hear.. on 16:15 - Jun 17 by WilloW4

'Belittle one of the worlds greatest bands'.... Each to their own and all that mate but...Rush?!?!. Greatest bands?!?.

Of course they are.
The Rolls Royce of rock bands, or the biggest cult band in the World are just two of the monickers they've been given.
As tight as is physically possible.
Who's better The Meteors?
Login to get fewer ads

Did Anyone Hear.. on 19:45 - Jun 17 with 3442 viewsTheBlob

Rush?A bit lightweight and limited.Sort of a watered down YES

Did Anyone Hear.. on 20:46 - Jun 17 with 3365 viewsSonofNorfolt

Did Anyone Hear.. on 19:45 - Jun 17 by TheBlob

Rush?A bit lightweight and limited.Sort of a watered down YES

Three piece rather than five, and shorter songs not as fukkin boring as Topographic Oceans, nor talking bollox like Jon Anderson. Saying that I like Fragile.
Bill Bruford = good drummer. Neil Peart = Brilliant drummer.
Steve Howe = good, but samey. Alex Lifeson = Brilliant and the link from Jimmy Page through to Andy Summers.
Chris Squire= Geddy Lee. Similar bass sound, except that Lee does a whole lot more.
Rush never had Buggles in them either, and are on their 40th anniversary tour of North America now. Will see 'em here next year possibly for the last time.
Did Anyone Hear.. on 21:21 - Jun 17 with 3320 viewsBrightonhoop

Did Anyone Hear.. on 20:46 - Jun 17 by SonofNorfolt

Three piece rather than five, and shorter songs not as fukkin boring as Topographic Oceans, nor talking bollox like Jon Anderson. Saying that I like Fragile.
Steve Howe = good, but samey. Alex Lifeson = Brilliant and the link from Jimmy Page through to Andy Summers.
Chris Squire= Geddy Lee. Similar bass sound, except that Lee does a whole lot more.
Rush never had Buggles in them either, and are on their 40th anniversary tour of North America now. Will see 'em here next year possibly for the last time.

Lost touch after Grace Unde Pressure, but they played brilliantly together, whether liked or loathed, I could never make my mind up, but Exit Stage Left also was a blinder, superbly tight together back then certainly.
Did Anyone Hear.. on 21:50 - Jun 17 with 3271 viewsWilloW4

Did Anyone Hear.. on 18:11 - Jun 17 by SonofNorfolt

Of course they are.
The Rolls Royce of rock bands, or the biggest cult band in the World are just two of the monickers they've been given.

Made me laugh SON..well done for mentioning the meteors and not the stray cats (as most do when they don't know what rockabilly is.)..whos'e better indeed? Three long haired Canadaians, or... As I said...each to there own. If we're going 3 piece bands, then Motörhead all day long for me.
Did Anyone Hear.. on 21:55 - Jun 17 with 3260 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Did Anyone Hear.. on 15:20 - Jun 17 by Discodroids

Have you considered a BlueTooth speaker for your musical needs? I use one (Kitsound Hive) hooked up to my phone, bloody marvellous! All my MP3s, Absolute radio app, all manner of tunage available. Even YouTube...
Did Anyone Hear.. on 23:30 - Jun 17 with 3173 viewsSimonJames

Did Anyone Hear.. on 18:11 - Jun 17 by SonofNorfolt

Of course they are.

Yes

[Post edited 17 Jun 2015 23:50]

100% of people who drink water will die.

Did Anyone Hear.. on 02:21 - Jun 18 with 3138 viewsSonofNorfolt

Motorhead have always seemed like a rock comedy band since Fast Eddie and Filthy Phil left years ago. The Madness of metal for me.
The Grace Under Pressure album is interesting because Steve Lillywhite was meant to produce it, but bottled. They were trying to change their whole sound, like a rockier Police, whom they were friends with, and did to a certain extent, not that the mainstream recognised. They've stayed as the musicians band. They still fill arenas without trying and still deliver nearly a three hour set.
Glastonbury next year would give them some of the credit they deserve.
Willow have you seen The Outcasts local rockabilly band?
Did Anyone Hear.. on 08:26 - Jun 18 with 3080 viewsDiscodroids

Did Anyone Hear.. on 21:55 - Jun 17 by Hoop_Du_Jour

Have you considered a BlueTooth speaker for your musical needs? I use one (Kitsound Hive) hooked up to my phone, bloody marvellous! All my MP3s, Absolute radio app, all manner of tunage available. Even YouTube...

cheers hoop ' im hopeless at this technology stuff..

i still use seperates... technics 1210 turntable, denon amp and cd player , jamo speakers , and a teac cassette player..its like bless this house in my front room.

i'll get on to the mrs with this wizardry and sorcery that you mention.

Did Anyone Hear.. on 10:05 - Jun 18 with 3034 viewsTheBlob

Did Anyone Hear.. on 20:46 - Jun 17 by SonofNorfolt

Never liked YES and never quite subscribed to bands with squeaky voiced vocalists all trying to sound like Tiny Tim doing Tiptoe Through The Tulips.
For me there's never been another three piece band since Bruce West and Laing.And there's never been an act since to replace the Mahavishnu or Uncle Frank,sorry but 3 piece is too boring over two hours.
The Allman Brothers Band gave good value for money - TRUE legends.

Did Anyone Hear.. on 10:13 - Jun 18 with 3024 viewsBluce_Ree

Original XFM was dope as shit but then they watered it down and fk knows what it is now. It's not alternative. Just the least offensive indie-ish bands. Never 15 minutes away from a Radiohead song either.

Yuck.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Did Anyone Hear.. on 10:18 - Jun 18 with 3016 viewsPunteR

Did Anyone Hear.. on 10:05 - Jun 18 by TheBlob

Never liked YES and never quite subscribed to bands with squeaky voiced vocalists all trying to sound like Tiny Tim doing Tiptoe Through The Tulips.
For me there's never been another three piece band since Bruce West and Laing.And there's never been an act since to replace the Mahavishnu or Uncle Frank,sorry but 3 piece is too boring over two hours.

Muse are good, in my house/techno head opinion .

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Did Anyone Hear.. on 10:33 - Jun 18 with 3006 viewsTheBlob

It's all personal taste anyway.Personally I like complicated stuff - the universe is complicated and I'm existentialist enough to try and make sense of it all.Music seems to be the only human activity where you can be roundly slagged off for being good at it."self indulgent" is the comment that makes me roll up.All of the arts are self indulgent,what do they want to do?Make music a bizarre form of karaoke or art into painting by numbers?
Anyway,Rush are good,Muse are good,anything that doesn't appear on Radio 1 is good.....music is what keeps you relatively sane.

Did Anyone Hear.. on 10:36 - Jun 18 with 3003 viewsDiscodroids

Did Anyone Hear.. on 10:18 - Jun 18 by PunteR

Muse are good, in my house/techno head opinion .

ave some of that punter my sahn.

Did Anyone Hear.. on 15:12 - Jun 18 with 2934 viewsSimonJames

Did Anyone Hear.. on 10:13 - Jun 18 by Bluce_Ree

Original XFM was dope as shit but then they watered it down and fk knows what it is now. It's not alternative. Just the least offensive indie-ish bands. Never 15 minutes away from a Radiohead song either.

Yuck.

Yeah, Tom Binns was the dog's proverbials!

100% of people who drink water will die.

Did Anyone Hear.. on 15:19 - Jun 18 with 2928 viewsWilloW4

Did Anyone Hear.. on 02:21 - Jun 18 by SonofNorfolt

Motorhead have always seemed like a rock comedy band since Fast Eddie and Filthy Phil left years ago. The Madness of metal for me.
The Grace Under Pressure album is interesting because Steve Lillywhite was meant to produce it, but bottled. They were trying to change their whole sound, like a rockier Police, whom they were friends with, and did to a certain extent, not that the mainstream recognised. They've stayed as the musicians band. They still fill arenas without trying and still deliver nearly a three hour set.
Glastonbury next year would give them some of the credit they deserve.
Willow have you seen The Outcasts local rockabilly band?

A couple of mates have mentioned the outcasts to me.. Haven't seen them live yet, any good SON? Cheers for the heads up, I'll check them out.
Did Anyone Hear.. on 15:28 - Jun 18 with 2915 viewsWilloW4

Did Anyone Hear.. on 10:05 - Jun 18 by TheBlob

"Tiny tim doing tiptoe through the tulips"... Reminded me of half a dozen scaffolders singing that in tiny tims voca in the old (much missed) Bushranger on the Goldhawk road.. Very funny.
Did Anyone Hear.. on 15:37 - Jun 18 with 2902 viewsrobith

Did Anyone Hear.. on 10:13 - Jun 18 by Bluce_Ree

Yuck.

Growing up I used to listen to XFM all the time, it was amazing

Turned it on the other day in the office - Muse, Libertines, Kooks etc repeat. Dirge stuff

Radio 6 all the way for me, though Radcliffe and Maconie's stinking chat in the afternoon gives me a blooming headache. Lauren Laverne 4 lyf
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024