Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred 08:56 - Aug 10 with 31905 viewsDorse

Since they're in my neck of the woods, thought I'd kick this one off.

Travel advice: if you're taking the train, expect delays as locals surround the station carrying pitchforks and flaming torches shouting 'Kill it! Kill the metal snake!'

Tickets still available for three groats and a chicken.

Local hostelries are famous for Scruttocks' Old Derigible scrumpy but avoid it if you don't like drinks served with bits of beak and feathers in it. Turnip on a stick can be bought at half time.

(To be fair, where I live has only just enountered Christian missionaries. We look up to Yeovil with their fancy electricity and running water.)

'Welcome to Yeovil!'
[Post edited 10 Aug 2015 9:00]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 21:28 - Aug 11 with 3842 viewsJigsore

Burnley losing to Port Vale now too, with the amount of lower league teams we could actually do a cup run, blimey

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 21:29 - Aug 11 with 3841 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 21:24 - Aug 11 by simmo

To be fair, Ramsey put Henry on to do the covering on our right and it's freed up JET who has been our best player since.

Gobern is definitely not very good, this looked his level TBH

That's a good point re Henry and JET. Good move by CR.

Gobern looked very nervous tonight, and unloaded the ball quickly and not always with direction or composure. Hope he settles in.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 21:29 - Aug 11 with 3835 viewssimmo

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 21:28 - Aug 11 by MarylandR

The offish thinks Gobern is 'impressive...'

He was busy, but in possession I thought he was poor. Doughty miles better than him

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 21:31 - Aug 11 with 3755 viewssimmo

Quick mention for Hall at CB, not tested much but been really tidy and composed, good positioning and stepped out well. Also looks as though he's a passer rather than a lump, which will suit what we're trying to do.

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 21:37 - Aug 11 with 3531 viewsDieByYourSide

well done R's

Poll: And it's hi ho

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 21:37 - Aug 11 with 3519 viewsderbyhoop

Good result. And plenty of important players getting time under their belt.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 21:39 - Aug 11 with 3452 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Commentator "a routine win for QPR"

A phrase rarely used in connection with Rangers cup games, but it was.

Well done to all.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 21:40 - Aug 11 with 3407 viewssimmo

Excellent all round. Clean sheet, goals for both fowards, no injuries, minutes for first teamers and rests for the few that will probably still start on Saturday and need re-introducing gradually. Thought Polter was MOM but Kpekwa and Doughty not far behind. Also some good contributions from JET.

Job done - on to Saturday

Login to get fewer ads

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 21:40 - Aug 11 with 3393 viewsJigsore

professional display, a wee confidence boost, minutes for some unfit players... very content.

anyone seen SoG?

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 21:41 - Aug 11 with 3370 viewsRickyDicky

Nice to see players wanting the ball. Lots of chasing back aswell to get possession back. Not a bad show.

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 21:41 - Aug 11 with 3355 viewsBrightonhoop

3-0 away from Home in the Cup? Ramsey out!
Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 21:41 - Aug 11 with 3344 viewsHooparoo

Despite the opposition winning is a habit so happy with that. Probably help everybody relax a bit hopefully. Glad that Polter got himself off the mark.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 21:42 - Aug 11 with 3331 viewswombat

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 21:40 - Aug 11 by Jigsore

professional display, a wee confidence boost, minutes for some unfit players... very content.

anyone seen SoG?

Looked decent on the stream I was watching polter did well as did doughty and few others

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 21:42 - Aug 11 with 3327 viewsBAWHoops

Don't think the opposition were up to much, but that was thoroughly professional.

Hall, Kpekwa, Doughty and Polter did well.
JET showed a couple of lovely touches and physicality second half
Expected more from Gladwin

A few selection dilemas for Ramsey ahead of Cardiff

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 21:44 - Aug 11 with 3272 viewsitsbiga

Shame Yeovil were so crap as we need some harder training than that but happy with the win!

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 21:44 - Aug 11 with 3273 viewsadhoc_qpr

Well done to Ramsey for putting out a team that got the job done, I guess the fact people know 1st team places are up for grabs under CR helps motivation.

Yeovil were shocking, so can't infer much from performances but nice for Poulter to get a goal and put himself about well.

Watching Hoillett shoot high (as always) and then fall over his own feet was funny/tragic.
Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 21:45 - Aug 11 with 3250 viewsVancouverHoop

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 21:29 - Aug 11 by simmo

He was busy, but in possession I thought he was poor. Doughty miles better than him

He's clumsy, but he was finding space, not hard tonight admittedly, and not afraid to shoot. His last attempt would have go in if it hadn't nicked a defender. I don't think he was impressive, but not a total waste of space either.
Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 21:46 - Aug 11 with 3231 viewsitsbiga

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 21:44 - Aug 11 by adhoc_qpr

Well done to Ramsey for putting out a team that got the job done, I guess the fact people know 1st team places are up for grabs under CR helps motivation.

Yeovil were shocking, so can't infer much from performances but nice for Poulter to get a goal and put himself about well.

Watching Hoillett shoot high (as always) and then fall over his own feet was funny/tragic.

Hoilett with a series of exciting runs into a stunning........oh nothing.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 21:48 - Aug 11 with 3184 viewsBklynRanger

Polter was working hard right till the end which was very encouraging.

Blackwood was in a difficult situation being that deep. He worked really hard to get back but then always seemed to want to beat his man rather than pass it. Green had a yell at him after that good long range effort from Yeovil.

From the half I saw JET wants to play where Chery plays, not helping Perch on the right.
Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 21:49 - Aug 11 with 3168 viewsvegasranger

You can only beat what's in front of you. Polter was very good. Kpekawa looked promising and Doughty was very steady. Gobern looked pretty poor as did Perch in the first half. Blackwood looked very naïve. Not sure about our formation and tactics. Very little width and no real passing moves of note. Still 3 goals and a clean sheet.
Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 21:51 - Aug 11 with 3143 viewsactonman

Well shaft me with a butternut squash and call me Mavis !
We really have gone back to basics, causing cup shocks and everything now.

Still think we are bang in trouble as soon as the transfer window closes though.

But tonight I will toast king benny and his cup kings
Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 21:51 - Aug 11 with 3134 viewsadhoc_qpr

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 21:45 - Aug 11 by VancouverHoop

He's clumsy, but he was finding space, not hard tonight admittedly, and not afraid to shoot. His last attempt would have go in if it hadn't nicked a defender. I don't think he was impressive, but not a total waste of space either.

I thought Gobern and Blackwood both looked technically very poor but willing workers - can't see either troubling the first team much.

Good to see Doughty put in a performance, he always looks decent and very composed so I hope he gets the chance to stake a claim.
Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 22:00 - Aug 11 with 2996 viewsPey

A good win, which was needed after last Saturday.
Lets build on that towards the Cardiff game.
Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 22:23 - Aug 11 with 2710 viewsLblock

Blackwood was getting absolute pelters from Green and Ned when he was trying to impress on the ball in our third towards the end!!!
I do agree on a night like tonight when you are 3-0 up there's no need to jepordise a clean sheet, give the lower league team a glimmer etc.

Special mention for a special man.... The W.C.
Cant even get into the first 11 for that and when he get on, despite his initial run and shot, he proves he's found SWP's crown and will wear it with pride. I was pizzing myself when he fell ovr himself and the ball, found it amazing on a fuzzy screen hundreds of miles away I could see a knock down was going to land at his feet but he couldn't and then shook my head laughing as he so obviously hid over on the right hand side and had no intention of taking on the left back.
If Eddie Howe was there looking at him or Phillips I think the russian roubles will be staying in the pocket

Good win. Hope we are away next round as well

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 22:25 - Aug 11 with 2686 viewsFredManRave

I think we can all agree it's been a much better Match Thread than LBlocks effort on Saturday so, well done Dorse.

Saturdays Match Thread should be even better...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024