Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southend. Match thread 14:13 - Oct 31 with 20691 views442Dale

Team: “@officiallydale: Dale XI v Southend United: Lillis, Kennedy, McNulty, Lancashire, Tanser, Allen, Lund, Camps, Vincenti, Bunney, Hendo #RAFC”

“@officiallydale: Subs: Castro Pereira, Eastham, Andrew, Alessandra, McDermott, Mendez-Laing, Rose #RAFC”

Kennedy at RB, Rose back in the squad.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2015 14:15]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Southend. Match thread on 19:17 - Oct 31 with 2049 viewsscooby

Southend. Match thread on 18:44 - Oct 31 by 442Dale

Monington gets a higher position because of his goals, though yeah you're right, he did have limitations defensively. Bloody liability visiting Rotherham too.

Monington also had a large female support, mainly due to going commando...
Southend. Match thread on 19:19 - Oct 31 with 2039 views49thseason

Southend. Match thread on 18:56 - Oct 31 by roccydaleian

Hilly's take on the game..
https://audioboom.com/boos/3759624-the-1st-half-was-rancid-if-i-d-have-been-a-su

KH not happy from the sound of that. - Good. Clearly some players are not doing the things he wants them to do .Sometimes its good to crack the whip or January might be "interesting".
Southend. Match thread on 19:23 - Oct 31 with 2035 views1907

Southend. Match thread on 18:54 - Oct 31 by roccydaleian

I'm implying if you think Lancashire is as bad as you make out, you can't have been watching the Dale long. Yeah he's having a poor season, but as that list 442's put up their have some worse than him.

I've been watching Dale since the early 90s and stand by what I say. He is absolutely woeful. Not a bone of leadership in him, woeful in the air and is pathetic with his distribution
Southend. Match thread on 19:36 - Oct 31 with 1954 viewsroccydaleian

Southend. Match thread on 19:23 - Oct 31 by 1907

I've been watching Dale since the early 90s and stand by what I say. He is absolutely woeful. Not a bone of leadership in him, woeful in the air and is pathetic with his distribution

Fair enough. Did you ever see Trotman, Coleman and Branston by the way?
Southend. Match thread on 19:40 - Oct 31 with 1930 viewsmidlandsdale

Southend. Match thread on 19:36 - Oct 31 by roccydaleian

I think the main issue here is that Eastham is better so just fookin pick him!!
Southend. Match thread on 19:43 - Oct 31 with 1913 views1907

Southend. Match thread on 19:36 - Oct 31 by roccydaleian

Yeah they were all worse. Yet he makes Mcardle, Holness, Stanton, Griffiths, Monnington, Hill & O'connell look like world beaters.
Southend. Match thread on 19:46 - Oct 31 with 1897 viewsroccydaleian

Southend. Match thread on 19:40 - Oct 31 by midlandsdale

I think the main issue here is that Eastham is better so just fookin pick him!!

Can't argue with that tbf midlandsdale.
Southend. Match thread on 19:50 - Oct 31 with 1878 viewszxcvbnm

Lancashire isn't the greatest but we've tightened up the last four games and no mistakes from Lancashire

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Login to get fewer ads

Southend. Match thread on 19:52 - Oct 31 with 1871 views1mark1

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/rochdale/forum/157049/what-should-our-ch-pa

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Southend. Match thread on 23:32 - Oct 31 with 1659 viewsdalenumber2

Southend. Match thread on 19:50 - Oct 31 by zxcvbnm

Lancashire isn't the greatest but we've tightened up the last four games and no mistakes from Lancashire

No mistakes from Lancashire ? To me he seems to have no confidence and very rarely finds another Dale player when he releases the ball. He's put us under pressure too many times recently with his decision making/poor delivery. Not one to knock any of our players but to me it's a mystery why he is picked over Eastham. Maybe good for him and us if he were to be given a rest for a while in my opinion.
Southend. Match thread on 23:47 - Oct 31 with 1631 viewsSimpkinsLeftPeg

Southend. Match thread on 17:46 - Oct 31 by 442Dale

Though there are valid arguments for different selections and we aren't aware of what happens in training, there have been selections that are mystifying. Alessandra's performances at centre forward has not been bettered by Henderson in the same role yet we're persevering with the latter when he's been much more effective elsewhere this season. Similarly you wouldn't find Lancashire complaining if he'd been left out weeks ago. So yeah, some players can be swapped in and out with decent arguments on both sides, yet there are some which remain unaddressed.

Henderson played on the left in the first half and advanced midfield in the second.
Southend. Match thread on 00:02 - Nov 1 with 1602 views442Dale

Southend. Match thread on 23:47 - Oct 31 by SimpkinsLeftPeg

Henderson played on the left in the first half and advanced midfield in the second.

My post was more of a general one having not gone today. Who was centre forward in the first half, Bunney?

Southend. Match thread on 00:45 - Nov 1 with 1555 viewsrochedale

Were we really bad, or are we still punching above our weight?

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Southend. Match thread on 08:48 - Nov 1 with 1433 viewsTVOS1907

Southend. Match thread on 00:02 - Nov 1 by 442Dale

My post was more of a general one having not gone today. Who was centre forward in the first half, Bunney?

It looked that way from t'other end.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Southend. Match thread on 08:59 - Nov 1 with 1420 viewsmacro

Personally I’d prefer Eastham but Hill will have his reasons for not selecting him. Lancashire has looked more solid last few games but I do wince at his distribution and always half expect a mistake
Southend. Match thread on 09:00 - Nov 1 with 1420 viewsTVOS1907

Southend. Match thread on 16:20 - Oct 31 by Yorkshire_Dale

Sounds like Hilly agrees that starting line was wrong.........protecting PV and Jamie.

Or,have we thrown the towel in on this one already.

Protecting them in what way?

It didn't suggest the starting line up was wrong. It suggested we had to do something because we were 2-0 down!

On another day, without having Lillis' rash challenge, the same starting line up would probably have gone in at half-time at 0-0.

Southend. Match thread on 09:06 - Nov 1 with 1406 viewsTVOS1907

Southend. Match thread on 00:45 - Nov 1 by rochedale

Were we really bad, or are we still punching above our weight?

We'll always be punching above our weight in this division.

However, we can compete with bigger clubs with far more resources, as we have always done under Hill.

First half we were anonymous going forward and dozed at the back a few times. Southend could have scored before they did but we made some good last-ditch tackles and Lillis did well.

And then we had that crazy last five minutes of the half...

Southend. Match thread on 09:06 - Nov 1 with 1405 viewsmacro

Hill isn’t protecting Allen or PV, reading his interview after the game he seemingly was angry and frustrated at the first half performance. I’d imagine the players and the 3 taken off in particular know that Hill wasn’t happy
Southend. Match thread on 10:52 - Nov 1 with 1327 viewsSimpkinsLeftPeg

Southend. Match thread on 00:02 - Nov 1 by 442Dale

Bunney, then Calvin in the second.

Henderson hasn't played as the striker since Milwall away though, IIRC. It's been Alessandra / Andrew until yesterday when Bunney was up there.
Southend. Match thread on 11:18 - Nov 1 with 1286 views442Dale

Southend. Match thread on 10:52 - Nov 1 by SimpkinsLeftPeg

Bunney, then Calvin in the second.

Henderson hasn't played as the striker since Milwall away though, IIRC. It's been Alessandra / Andrew until yesterday when Bunney was up there.

Fair enough. Alessandra did quite well v Bury and didn't play badly v Oldham - he received little support. Both times he was left out in the following game. He waited for a run in the side and responded with two goals, he deserved to get a longer go at it.

Southend. Match thread on 11:30 - Nov 1 with 1255 viewsmacro

I wonder whether Vincenti’s drop in form last couple of games might lead to a re-jig and a chance for him or NML. Personally though a front 3 of Alessandra, Henderson and Vincenti is the one I want to see
Southend. Match thread on 11:38 - Nov 1 with 1237 viewsD_Alien

Southend. Match thread on 11:30 - Nov 1 by macro

I wonder whether Vincenti’s drop in form last couple of games might lead to a re-jig and a chance for him or NML. Personally though a front 3 of Alessandra, Henderson and Vincenti is the one I want to see

PV's form is suffering through trying to play on through the injury he picked up against Bury. It's not doing him or the side much good, and I hope Hilly's not using him as an example to his so-called "malingering" team-mates because it simply ain't working.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Southend. Match thread on 12:18 - Nov 1 with 1168 viewspioneer

no wins and only 4 point from 18 is an october to forget evenif two of the less favourite players broke our goal drought"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024